GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER SALSA
Caprino fresco is a soft, tangy Italian goat cheese, and here, it lends a deep creaminess to a caper salsa that is draped over grilled asparagus. The recipe, from the chef Yotam Ottolenghi, is quickly prepared. Bread may be needed to sop up the rest of the salsa. (If caprino fresco isn't available, try another soft goat cheese, like chèvre.)
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Fill a medium-size pot with cold water, and place it over high heat. When the water boils, add the asparagus, and blanch for 1 minute. Drain the asparagus, and rinse it immediately under cold water. Drain the asparagus again and place in a medium bowl, with 1 tablespoon of the oil, a pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Mix gently, and set aside.
- Light a charcoal or gas grill, or place a grill pan on the stove over high heat. Once it is hot, add the asparagus in batches, and grill for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, turning a few times, until the spears are lightly charred. Transfer to a large platter with all the tips facing in one direction.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix together the capers with the remaining tablespoon of oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. Add the goat cheese to the mixture, stir gently and spoon over the asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 109, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 356 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER-CORNICHON VINAIGRETTE
Inspired by gribiche, the French sauce traditionally served with steamed asparagus, this salad takes a modern approach by grilling the spears then piling them on a platter with sliced hard-cooked eggs. The mustard vinaigrette, chock-full of cornichons and capers, preserves all the briny goodness of the original sauce.
Provided by Lauryn Tyrell
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a small pot of water to a simmer over medium heat. Lower eggs into water; cook 9 minutes. Transfer to ice bath; let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel and slice into rounds.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and sugar. Slowly whisk in oil, then capers, cornichons, and thyme. Season to taste.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Drizzle asparagus lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until crisp-tender and charred in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter, top with eggs, and spoon vinaigrette over top; serve.
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-CAPER VINAIGRETTE
Recipe found on a a bunch of asparagus purchased at the grocery store recently. Very easy to make. This recipe has been prepared twice now-first time with shallots, omitting the Parmesan cheese and the second time with red onion (use red onion if you want a more pronounced onion flavor and for added color). Can be served warm or at room temperature. Skip the cheese for a vegan version. From dole.com.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Vinaigrette: Combine the shallots, lemon zest and lemon juice, capers, and parsley in a small non-reactive bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil; season with taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- To prepare the asparagus: Brush the asparagus with olive oil; season with salt.
- Grill (I used a stove top grill pan) over medium-high heat, turning often to brown evenly. Grill asparagus until just tender, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus to a platter.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the asparagus, sprinkle with pinenuts and top with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.5, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 5.5, Sodium 177.3, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 1.9, Protein 6
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WRAPPED IN PROSCIUTTO WITH SHAVED PECORINO ROMANO CHEESE
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Add the capers and parsley and season with black pepper. Preheat grill. Grill the asparagus, braised with olive oil. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each spear and place on a platter. Drizzle with lemoncaper vinaigrette and top with the cheese.
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified and stir in the peppercorns. Let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Vinaigrette can be made up to 8 hours in advance and refrigerated.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Toss asparagus with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place grilled asparagus on a platter and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top.
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-CAPER DIPPING SAUCE
This is easy, yummy and looks elegant when served for company. I've also used the sauce for a "tarter" to dip for sweet potato fries.
Provided by IngridH
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream, oil, capers, juice, thyme, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Trim asparagus and place in a shollow baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve asparagus with sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110.8, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 10.3, Sodium 177.6, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 2.2, Protein 3.4
GRILLED SALMON WITH TOMATO, CUCUMBER AND CAPER SALSA
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Season marinade with salt and pepper.
- Combine 1/2 cup marinade, cucumber and next 4 ingredients in medium bowl; season salsa with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes; toss occasionally.
- Spray barbecue rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place salmon, skin side down, in large glass baking dish. Top with remaining marinade. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To grill salmon using fish basket:
- Spray basket with nonstick spray. Place salmon in fish basket, folding tail under if fish is too long. Place basket on barbecue and grill salmon, skin side up, 5 minutes. Turn basket over; grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer. Turn salmon out onto platter.
- To grill salmon without using a basket:
- Spray rimless baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place salmon, skin side up, on sheet. Spray skin with nonstick spray. Slide salmon, skin side up, onto barbecue. Grill 5 minutes. Stand blade of large spatula at 1 long side of salmon to hold in place. From opposite side, slide rimless baking sheet completely under salmon. Hold salmon with spatula; turn sheet and salmon over, releasing salmon, skin side down, onto barbecue. Grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer. Slide baking sheet under salmon; transfer fish to platter. Serve with salsa.
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH GRILLED SALMON
This salad's a little sweet, a little savory and very refreshing. Healthy asparagus boasts anti-inflammatory nutrients and vitamins A, B and C. It's fabulous grilled; you'll want to fix this again! -Jenne Delkus, Des Peres, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup, mustard, oil and dill; set aside., Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle asparagus with 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat. Arrange asparagus on a grilling grid; place on the grill rack with salmon. Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over salmon., Grill salmon and asparagus, covered, for 4-6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender, turning asparagus once., Divide salad greens among four plates and sprinkle with carrots. Remove skin from salmon. Arrange the egg wedges, asparagus and salmon over salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 294mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED VEGGIES WITH CAPER BUTTER
We enjoy the tart, peppery taste of capers. No one likes a bland veggie, and caper butter helps peppers, squash and zucchini shine. -Danyelle Crum, Indian Trail, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and capers; cook 2 minutes. Stir in parsley., Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper., Grill zucchini, squash and peppers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Grill mushrooms and onions, covered, 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender, basting occasionally with butter mixture., Cut vegetables as desired; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 219mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH CAPER, TOMATO, BEARNAISE SAUCE
The first time I made this I used packaged bearnaise sauce, It was quick and good however it doesn't compare to real bearnaise sauce with fresh tarragon. Only warm the tomatoes do not cook them. For a real taste treat combo serve this with barbecued bacon wrapped asparagus.
Provided by Chef Boy-R quotDiab
Categories Mahi Mahi
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut Mahi Mahi into 6 8-oz fillets.
- Combine white wine vinegar, white wine, chopped shallots and fresh tarragon in a small sauce pan.
- Boil mixture until reduced by half, Pull mixture from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan, skim off excess fat (clarify).
- Preheat the Bar-B-Q to high.
- Put reduced mixture, cream and egg yolks in a blender, Turn on high and slowly drizzle the Hot butter into the blender until incorporated. (This way the sauce won't separate).
- Return sauce to the sauce pan on low heat,.
- Add tomatoes, capers and fresh parsley; warm throughly only.
- Add a dash or two of cayenne.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fillets on the grill for 4 or 5 minutes a side. Pour a generous amount of sauce over the fish and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 623.5, Fat 45.9, SaturatedFat 27.3, Cholesterol 438.8, Sodium 641.2, Carbohydrate 4.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.8, Protein 46
GRILLED CORN, ASPARAGUS AND SPRING ONION SALAD
In this cookout perfect salad, corn, asparagus and spring onions benefit from the deep flavors of the grill. Their outer layers get a rustic char, their full sweetness is released, and they go from raw to cooked while maintaining a crunchy bite. Still warm, they're doused in one of Mexico's most fun ways to dress grilled vegetables or potato chips, an easy-to-eat sauce where umami, citrus and heat converge. The mixture is typically referred to as salsa preparada, meaning you simply mix these sauces together to "prepare" your food. You may wonder if the soy, Worcestershire and Maggi sauces compete, but each has a different character of sazón, which is whisked with plenty of fresh squeezed lime juice and a punch of chile oil. If more heat is desired, you can add a splash of your favorite hot sauce. This salad is great solo as an appetizer, but it is even better served right next to grilled meats.
Provided by Pati Jinich
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat grill to high. Lightly brush corn, asparagus and spring onions with vegetable oil. Place them on the grill and spread them out in one layer so they can cook evenly. Flip the vegetables a couple of times until they are charred on all sides but retain a firm bite; asparagus and spring onions should cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness, and corn about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove them from the grill as they are ready, then set aside.
- While the vegetables grill, combine lime juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Maggi, chile oil and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until fully combined. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Once vegetables have cooled enough to handle, cut asparagus and spring onions into thirds and add them to the bowl. Shave the kernels from the corn, discarding the cobs, and add kernels to the bowl. Toss to combine with the sauce. Add the halved tomatoes and combine well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS WITH GRAPE AND CAPER SALSA
This is a great summer dish to serve to family and friends. Make sure to rinse the capers well. Goes nicely with a light arugula salad.
Provided by Andrew Benoit
Categories Tuna Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Stir together grapes, capers, shallot, parsley, and olive oil in a bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside. Place tuna steaks onto a plate, and brush with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tuna steaks on preheated grill until cooked to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with the grape and caper salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 102.4 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 54.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 427.2 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
More about "grilled asparagus with caper salsa recipes"
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
5/5 (16)Total Time 30 minsServings 6Calories 91 per serving
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in capers. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with basil.
GRILLED STEAK WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPE - HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
GRILLED MACKEREL WITH SICILIAN CAPER-TOMATO SALSA RECIPE
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CITRUS-BEET SALAD AND WHIPPED RICOTTA
RECIPE: GRILLED HALIBUT AND ASPARAGUS WITH HERB SAUCE
VEGAN POLENTA CAKE RECIPE WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER SALSA - NANCY'S RECIPES
PISTACHIO SALSA RUSTICA WITH ASPARAGUS - CTV NEWS
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASPARAGUS WITH MEDITERRANEAN SALSA | RECIPE | ELLE REPUBLIC
BEST GRILLED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO GRILL ASPARAGUS - DELISH
ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER DILL SAUCE - RECIPE GIRL
RECIPE - ASPARAGUS IN ONION CAPER VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH SMOKED BACON AND BLACK OLIVE-CAPER
GRILLED ASPARAGUS SPEARS WITH LEMON CAPER MAYONNAISE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BAY LEAVES AND CRISPY CAPERS RECIPE
GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND HALLOUMI SALAD - CLOSET COOKING
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER-CORNICHON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EAT …
GRILLED ASPARAGUS - APPETIZERS - NEW YORK MAGAZINE
OUR 20 MOST POPULAR ASPARAGUS RECIPES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
NEW YORK TIMES - GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CAPER SALSA
18 VEGETARIAN GRILLING RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT COOKOUT
HALIBUT WITH CAPER SALSA VERDE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
38 ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR SPRING | GOURMET TRAVELLER
BOILED ASPARAGUS WITH SALSA VERDE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CHAR GRILLED STEAK WITH GREEN OLIVE CAPER AND BASIL SALSA | DONNA …
OUR BEST RECIPES FOR GRILLED FISH | MYRECIPES
GRILLED RUMP OF LAMB WITH ASPARAGUS AND A SALSA VERDE OF LOVAGE …
20 GRILLED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ITALIAN SALSA VERDE & TIGER PRAWNS
RECIPE: GRILLED RADISHES, FENNEL AND ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH A CAPER ...
MARIO BATALI RECIPES FOR THE GRILL | FOOD & WINE
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI’S ASPARAGUS RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
CHARGRILLED ASPARAGUS | ASPARAGUS RECIPES - HARRIS FARM MARKETS
GRILLED TUNA WITH PARSLEY-CAPER SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ITALIAN SALSA VERDE | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
You'll also love