GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH GARLIC & ROSEMARY
Easy and full of flavor, this grilled flank steak is one of my favorite summer grilling recipes.
Provided by Jennifer Segal, adapted from Cooks Illustrated
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Make the marinade by combining the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Blitz for a few minutes, until garlic and rosemary are pulverized.
- Place the flank steak in a medium baking dish. Using a fork, poke meat about 10 times on each side. Pour the marinade over top and turn the steak a few times to coat evenly. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grease grill with oil and preheat to high. When grill is hot, grill flank steak covered for about 5 minutes. Turn and cook covered for about 3-4 minutes more. Let meat rest on cutting board, covered with aluminum foil, for about 15 minutes. Slice very thin against the grain.
Nutrition Facts :
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINES
- In shallow glass bowl or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except beef and nectarines.
- Make cuts about 1/2 inch apart and 1/8 inch deep in diamond pattern in both sides of beef. Place beef in marinade in bowl; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Cover and grill beef over medium heat 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness (160°F), brushing occasionally with marinade and turning once. Add nectarines to grill for last 5 minutes of grilling, turning once and brushing frequently with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Cut beef diagonally across grain. Serve with nectarines.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 38 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1000 mg
GRILLED FLANK STEAK
- Make the marinade: Combine the canola oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary and Worcestershire sauce in a food processor; season with salt and pepper. Pulse until the garlic and herbs are incorporated in the oil.
- Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the steak and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Make the sauce: Remove the steak from the bag and pour the marinade into a small pan. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high and oil the grates. Grill the steak 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 to 7 minutes, then slice against the grain. Serve with the herb sauce.
GRILLED FLANK STEAK
This is a recipe that I got from my oldest son when he was a student at Purdue University in their Hospitality and Tourism program. This is the flank steak recipe that is served in the restaurant at the Student Union. Marinating time not included. This also works well on other cuts of steak.
Provided by LARavenscroft
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingredients except steak in a small bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Place flank steak in a large zip top bag.
- Add marinade ingredients.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill 5 minutes per side.
- Allow to rest 5-10 minutes after grilling before slicing.
GRILLED TENDER FLANK STEAK
How to cook flank steak? Easy! Marinate it and grill or broil it! This marinated steak is so moist that it will become one of your favorite ways to serve beef. -Heather Ahrens, Columbus, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and garlic; add steak. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours., Drain and discard marinade. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat or grill over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness, 8-10 minutes on each side (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Thinly slice steak across the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 471mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY GRILLED NECTARINES
Nectarines taste great grilled - all you need is some butter and brown sugar. Serve with vanilla ice cream and you have a quick dessert for a hot day.
Provided by barbara
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Brush each nectarine half with 1/4 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat. Place nectarines into an aluminum grill dish or directly onto the grill. Grill until lightly browned, turning occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.3 calories, Carbohydrate 27.7 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 4.6 mg, Sugar 23.9 g
EASY GRILLED FLANK STEAK
We have made this over an open fire pit, which is really yummy, and also on a gas grill. Try serving it with onions, peppers and potatoes grilled in a foil pack. Valerie Chipman - Lisbon, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients. Score the surface of the beef, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in dish and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight., Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°)., Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 179mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED FLANK STEAK
Serve this grilled flank steak with salad and vegetables.
Provided by Dianne Corbett Balach
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, minced onion, flavor enhancer, salt, pepper, sugar, dry mustard, rosemary, and ginger together in a glass jar. Place flank steak in a zip-top bag and add marinade. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove flank steak from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook on the preheated grill, turning once, until firm and slightly pink in the center, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Slice on a diagonal across the grain to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Carbohydrate 4.2 g, Cholesterol 25.2 mg, Fat 31.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 14.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 1139.8 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
GRILLED FLANK STEAK
- Lightly pierce steaks all over with a sharp fork or knife. Whisk together remaining ingredients and transfer to a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag. Add steaks and seal, pressing out excess air. Marinate steaks at least 6 hours or up to 1 day.
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Grill steaks on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning once, about 12 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks diagonally across the grain.
GRILLED MARINATED FLANK STEAK
Flank steak, a flavorful yet affordable cut of beef, gets a salty-sweet boost from Michael Ruhlman's wonderful marinade. It also gives the meat a nice charred flavor, with or without an outdoor grill: as the marinade caramelizes, it creates aromatic smoke that infuses the meat, right in the hot pan. (Note: Allow 8 hours to fully marinate the steak.)
Provided by Michael Ruhlman
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Marinade: Into a zip-top bag, add ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, ground ginger, and Worcestershire sauce. Trim away the root end of garlic cloves, smash with the flat side of a knife, and discard the peel. Smash again, then roughly chop and add to the bag. Close the bag and mix the marinade. Makes about 1¼ cups. (Marinade will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator and up to 1 month in the freezer.)
- Steak: Place steak into the bag with the marinade. Press out as much air as possible, seal the bag, and distribute the marinade around the meat. Let marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature or, optimally, up to 8 hours to overnight in the refrigerator. (Note: If grilling after 1 hour of marinating, reserve the marinade to baste the steak during grilling.)
- If the steak has been marinating in the refrigerator, bring it to room temperature before grilling, about 1 hour.Preheat grill pan (or outdoor grill) to medium-high heat. When grill pan is smoking hot, remove steak from marinade and lay it flat on the grill. Let cook for 4-5 minutes, largely undisturbed, pressing down on the meat to enhance grill marks if you wish. After 4-5 minutes, the steak should be lightly charred and no longer adhere to the grill. Lift and rotate steak about 60 degrees to create cross-hatched grill marks; let cook another 2-3 minutes. Finally, flip and repeat process on the other side, 7-8 minutes. (Total grilling time will be 15-16 minutes.)
- After 15-16 minutes, steak should be medium-rare. Meat should feel firm to the touch at the thickest part (alternatively, a meat thermometer should register 125 F at the thickest part of the steak). Transfer steak to a wire rack fitted over a rimmed baking sheet. Let rest to allow the juices to redistribute in the steak, 15 minutes.
- After the steak has rested, transfer to a cutting board. Find the grain of the meat, then thinly slice against the grain on a bias. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and greens, and serve immediately.
More about "grilled flank steak with nectarines recipes"
STEAK WITH NECTARINES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
2.5/5 (3)Calories 353 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
- Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; reserve 1 teaspoon. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture evenly over both sides of meat; rub in with your fingers; set aside. In a medium bowl toss the nectarines with the reserved 1 teaspoon spice mixture and water; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, place bacon slices in a large cast iron skillet. Place skillet with bacon on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp-cooked and browned, turning very frequently. Carefully remove skillet from grill. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place steaks on the grill rack directly over the coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 5 to 7 minutes for medium doneness.) Place nectarine wedges directly on grill rack along side the steaks the last 3 to 5 minutes of grilling until nectarines are lightly browned and warmed through, turning often.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates and top each with a slice of bacon and 4 nectarine wedges. Makes 4 servings.
GRILLED STEAKS WITH CORN AND NECTARINE SALSA | FOODLAND ONTARIO
MARINATED GRILLED FLANK STEAK - THE SEASONED MOM
TENDER GRILLED FLANK STEAK (+ EASY MARINADE!) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
GRILLED MARINATED FLANK STEAK - TIPS FOR THE TENDEREST …
TENDER GRILLED MARINATED FLANK STEAK - HEARTBEET KITCHEN
HOW TO GRILL FLANK STEAK | STEAK UNIVERSITY
BEST GRILLED FLANK STEAK FAJITAS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
RECIPE: FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINES - RECIPELINK.COM
GRILLED FLANK STEAK AND VEGETABLES - DAMN DELICIOUS
HOW TO GRILL NECTARINES - RESTAURANT STELLA
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FLANK STEAK? 10 BEST SIDE DISHES
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINES - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED MOLASSES FLANK STEAK WITH WATERMELON SALSA RECIPE
THE ONLY GRILLED FLANK STEAK RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED
EASY ROASTED GARLIC FLANK STEAK RECIPE  (COOKED IN OVEN)
THE BEST MARINATED AND GRILLED FLANK STEAK | HEY GRILL, HEY
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINE-JALAPEñO SALSA
GRILLED FLANK STEAK - A SOUTHERN SOUL
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH OLIVE OIL & GARLIC - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY …
THE 35 BEST FLANK STEAK RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
BEST GRILLED FLANK STEAK - HOW TO GRILL FLANK STEAK
ULTIMATE GRILLED FLANK STEAK RECIPE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
STEAKHOUSE-STYLE GRILLED MARINATED FLANK STEAK RECIPE
SPD MARKETS - RECIPE: FLANK STEAK WITH PEACH PLUM NECTARINE SALSA
34 LEFTOVER FLANK STEAK RECIPES [TACOS, & MORE]
GRILLED FLANK STEAK (WITH MARINADE) - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
MARINATED GRILLED FLANK STEAK | KEVIN IS COOKING
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINE-JALAPEñO SALSA | RECIPE | BEEF ...
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINES | RECIPE | GRILLING RECIPES, MAIN ...
GRILLED FLANK STEAK - BBQING WITH THE NOLANDS
GRILLED FLANK STEAK - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED FLANK STEAK RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH NECTARINE SALSA - EMEALS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook flank steak on Grill?Simple Grilled Flank Steak. 1 In a large baking dish, whisk together the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and brown sugar. Place the steak in the baking dish and ... 2 Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat (about 400˚ to 450˚). Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle all over with salt and ...
How do you cook nectarines on a Weber grill?Preheat a grill or grill pan to middle huge warmness. Utilizing a silicone scrub, cover grates with oil. Grill nectarines until tender and adequately marked, approximately 3 to 5 minutes per aspect. Shift grilled fruit to a platter or individual dishes and allow cool slightly.
How to cook steak on a cast iron grill?To prepare steak, sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Heat a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Cook steak 4 minutes; turn and look for red beads forming on the surface to indicate the steak is approaching medium rare.
How to cook steak on a charcoal grill?Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Place the steak directly over the flame and cook until a thermometer reads 135˚ in the thickest part (for medium rare), 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and transfer to a cutting board.