GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER PROVENCALE
wonderfull for a summer BBQ! inexpensive, entertaining on a budget, superb taste with rosemary, thyme and basil! from Canadian Living mag.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- With a sharp knife, slice horizontally through lamb, stopping about 1 inch from opposite edge.
- Open meat like a book, flatten with flat of knife.
- Trim membrane and any excess fat.
- Place lamb in heavy plastic bag and set in shallow dish.
- Marinade: In bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, wine, onion, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour over lamb in plastic bag, press air out of bag and secure with twist tie.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook lamb flat on lightly greased grill over hot coals or on high setting, turning once and basting often with reserved marinade, for about 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To serve, slice lamb across the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices.
EASY PROVENCAL LAMB
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the leg of lamb in a large roasting pan fat side up and pat it dry with paper towels. Combine the mustard, 1 tablespoon of the garlic, the rosemary, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a mini food processor and pulse until the garlic and rosemary are minced. Spread the mixture on the lamb.
- Place the tomatoes, olive oil, 1/4 cup of the honey, the onion, the remaining 2 tablespoons garlic, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a bowl and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture around the lamb and tuck in the thyme and rosemary sprigs. Drizzle the lamb with the remaining 1/4 cup of honey.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees F and roast for another 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until a meat thermometer registers 130 to 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Place the lamb on a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Discard the herb stems and return the tomatoes to the oven to keep warm. Slice the lamb, arrange on a platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve with the tomatoes and pan juices spooned on top. Garnish with a branch of rosemary.
PAN-GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS
- To make the marinade: whisk the lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of the salt together in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil and season with pepper.
- Transfer the marinade to a large sealable plastic bag. Put the lamb chops in the bag, seal, and shake vigorously to evenly coat the meat. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 12.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and transfer them to a plate. Discard the marinade. Using a spoon, lightly scrape the remaining marinade off the chops and pat them dry.
- Preheat a large cast-iron grill pan over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high. Season the chops with salt. Place 2 chops on the grill pan, and cook until the chops have distinctive grill marks, about 3 minutes. To make crosshatched grill marks, re-position the chops, moving them about 45 degrees on the ridged pan, and continue to cook about 3 minutes more. (The chops will have only cooked on one side at this point.) Set the chops aside and repeat with the remaining 2 chops. Return the first set of chops to the pan to cook them on the other side. Reduce the heat to medium low, and cook the chops until medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Repeat with the other chops. Let the chops rest for about 5 minutes and serve.
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS
I looked at a few recipes for grilling lamb and came up with this recipe. I think it turned out great and so did my family.
Provided by CJAY8248
Yield 4 lamb steaks, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Mix oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme together in small bowl. Rub on both sides of lamb steaks and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand while grill is heating. Lightly oil clean grill and lay lamb steaks on hot grill. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove to plate, cover with foil and let sit 5-10 minutes.
EASY PROVENçAL LAMB
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the leg of lamb in a large roasting pan fat side up and pat it dry with paper towels. Combine the mustard, 1 tablespoon of garlic, the rosemary, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a mini food processor and pulse until the garlic and rosemary are minced. Spread the mixture on the lamb.
- Place the tomatoes, olive oil, 1/4 cup of the honey, the onion, the remaining 1 tablespoons garlic, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a bowl and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture around the lamb and tuck in the thyme and rosemary sprigs. Drizzle the lamb with the remaining 1/4 cup of honey.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and roast for another 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until a meat thermometer registers 130 to 135 degrees for medium-rare. Place the lamb on a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Discard the herb stems and return the tomatoes to the oven to keep warm. Slice the lamb, arrange on a platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve with the tomatoes and pan juices spooned on top.
GRILLED GARLICKY LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS WITH SHERRY VINEGAR AND RADICCHIO
- Preheat grill and oil grate (or preheat a grill pan or broiler). Season chops generously with salt and pepper.
- Leaving core and bottom intact, quarter radicchio lengthwise. Place in a bowl and toss gently with 2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chops and radicchio on grill. Cook chops until browned and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes a side for medium-rare. Cook radicchio until tender and slightly caramelized, about 3 minutes a side.
- While lamb cooks, stir together the vinegar, garlic and 2 teaspoons sage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer lamb chops and radicchio to individual serving plates and season with salt. Spoon some vinegar mixture over each chop. Garnish with additional sage and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 831, UnsaturatedFat 36 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 68 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 48 grams, SaturatedFat 27 grams, Sodium 868 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
CHEF JOHN'S GRILLED LAMB STEAKS
Using vinaigrette as a sauce for grilled meats is one of my favorite 'cheats' of all time. They take minutes to whisk together, there's absolutely no culinary finesse required, and the combinations of oils, vinegar, and flavorings are limitless. How about balsamic vinaigrette on some grilled skirt steak? Maybe mustard dressing on some pork chops? How could grilled chicken drizzled with Greek dressing and feta cheese not be awesome?
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Whisk tarragon, 1/2 bunch mint, yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, cumin, and 1 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl; pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add lamb steaks, coat with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons chopped mint and stir to combine vinaigrette.
- Remove steaks from marinade and scrape off all herbs and garlic; discard marinade. Drizzle steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks on the preheated grill until browned on the outside and slightly pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer steaks to a plate, drizzle 1/2 of the vinaigrette over the steaks, cover the steaks with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer steaks to individual plates and drizzle remaining vinaigrette over each.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 93.3 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 29.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 80.3 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
More about "grilled lamb shoulder provencale recipes"
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH PROVENçAL DRESSING RECIPE
- In a mini food processor, pulse the anchovy fillets with the smashed garlic and the lemon juice until finely minced. Add the olive oil and process the anchovy mixture until smooth. Add the chopped olives, thyme and rosemary and pulse to blend. Season the Provençal dressing lightly with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan. Season the lamb chops generously with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb chops over high heat, turning them once, until browned all over, about 7 minutes for medium-rare meat. Transfer the lamb chops to a large serving platter, spoon the Provençal dressing on top and serve.
PROVENCAL SLOW-COOKED LAMB SHOULDER - PERFECTLY PROVENCE
Cuisine FrenchCategory Main Course, Main DishServings 4Total Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rub the lamb with a tablespoon of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the casserole and gently fry the rosemary sprigs, the roughly cut onion, and the garlic cloves for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine or stock. Now add the lamb, skin-side up, pushing the onion and rosemary to the sides and around the meat. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and place in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to roast for a further 30 minutes uncovered till the skin is browned and crisp. By now you should be able to pull the meat apart with two forks.
TRADITIONAL LAMB SHOULDER ROAST RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PROVENCAL LAMB CHOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
STOP GIVING LAMB SHOULDER THE SIDE-EYE | BON APPéTIT
GRILLED SHOULDER BLADE CHOPS - SUPERIOR FARMS AMERICAN LAMB
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER PROVENCALE – ROBBY DOG COOKS
TECHNIQUES AND RECIPES ON HOW TO GRILL LAMB - THE SPRUCE EATS
LAMB PROVENCAL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRILLED LAMB WITH HERBES DE PROVENCE RECIPE
PROVENCAL TRADITIONS AND 8 LAMB RECIPES TO TRY
ROTISSERIE LAMB SHOULDER - DADCOOKSDINNER
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER WITH ROSEMARY RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
SMOKE-GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER | CANADIAN LIVING
BROILED PROVENCAL LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - CREATE THE MOST …
EASY LAMB SHOULDER CHOP RECIPE ( STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES)
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER PROVENCALE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS GREEK STYLE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
SMOKED LAMB SHOULDER - HEY GRILL, HEY
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER PROVENCALE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
BBQ & GRILLED LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PROVENçAL ROTISSERIE LEG OF LAMB | RED MEAT RECIPES - WEBER
10 BEST GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PROVENçAL LAMB DAUBE - LOVE-THE SECRET INGREDIENT
GRILLING LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED LAMB | FOOD & WINE
GRILLED AROMATIC SHOULDER OF LAMB RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
10 BEST GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN-FRIED PROVENçAL LAMB - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
GRILL ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER ROAST - COOKING WITH JOE
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER - YOUTUBE
SMOKE-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB PROVENCALE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | TIPS & TECHNIQUES | WEBER GRILLS
SUCCULENT GREEK LAMB SHOULDER ROAST WITH LEMON POTATOES
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW COOKED LAMB SHOULDER - RECIPETIN EATS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #condiments-etc #canadian #barbecue #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #marinades-and-rubs #dietary #inexpensive #british-columbian #equipment #grilling
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lamb shoulder on the grill?Baste the lamb with some of the juices in the pan. Continue to slow roast until the meat gets to your desired tenderness. Roasting a lamb shoulder on the grill, especially if a charcoal grill, imparts more authentic, rustic Greek flavor closer to what a spit fire roasted lamb would taste like.
How do you make an aromatic shoulder of lamb with garlic?Grilled aromatic shoulder of lamb. Toast the seeds in a small, dry frying pan, swirling them often over a medium heat (on the barbecue grill or the hob), until fragrant. Tip into a pestle and mortar or spice grinder and work to a medium-fine powder. Add the garlic, grated ginger and any ginger juice, the orange zest, thyme and seasoning,...
How to cook lamb chops on the grill?Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan. Season the lamb chops generously with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb chops over high heat, turning them once, until browned all over, about 7 minutes for medium-rare meat. Transfer the lamb chops to a large serving platter, spoon the Provençal dressing on top and serve.
How much olive oil do you put in a lamb shoulder?Ingredients 3.5 lb / 1.8kg lamb shoulder (bone in) (Note 1) 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper 1 onion, quartered (no need to peel) 1 head garlic, cut in half horizontally 3 garlic cloves, cut into slivers 8 sprigs rosemary 1 cup / 250ml water