GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS
I love scallops and got this recipe from the local grocery store, Dierbergs. I haven't tried it yet, but think it sounds great over rice.
Provided by karen
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Thread scallops onto skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes before using.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and then rub onto scallops.
- TO GRILL: Place on oiled grill over hot coals. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque throughout.
- TO BROIL: Place on broiler pan and broil 4-5 inches from heat source for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque throughout.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and salt. Place scallops in a large bowl, and toss with butter mixture. Let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Thread scallops onto skewers, or use a wire grill basket. Cook on preheated grill for about 4 minutes per side.
- Return butter mixture to saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and keep warm while scallops cook. Toss with grilled scallops and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Cholesterol 98.5 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 19.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 349 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH TOMATO-ONION RELISH
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Make relish:
- Soak onion in 1 cup water with 1/2 teaspoon salt 15 minutes, then drain. Stir together onion, tomato, vinegar, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and let stand 20 minutes. Drain relish in a sieve, discarding liquid, then stir in dill.
- Cook scallops while relish is standing:
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill scallops in 2 batches on lightly oiled grill rack, turning once, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve scallops with relish.
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH GRILLED PINEAPPLE SALSA
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place the scallops on paper towels to blot dry. Thread 2 skewers through 5 scallops. Repeat 2 more times. Sprinkle mint and rosemary over the scallops. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil generously over the skewered scallops. Grind black pepper over the skewered scallops. Drizzle more olive oil over top and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Season scallops with salt. Oil a hot grill and place the skewers over high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. At this point, you may brush on teriyaki or your favorite barbecue sauce. Serve immediately over pineapple salsa.
- Oil your grill. Place pineapple slices onto hot grill for 4 minutes on each side. Gently toss the onion slices and jalapenos in olive oil. Place onto the hot grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Peel skin off of jalapenos. Cube the pineapple, removing the inner core. Cube the onion and mince the jalapenos. Combine all of them with the chopped herbs in a large bowl. Add lime juice and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS WITH AVOCADO-CORN RELISH ON CRISP TORTILLAS
- For the relish: Combine all ingredients in bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the scallops: Preheat grill. Brush scallops with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the scallops for 2 minutes on each side. Arrange tortillas on a serving platter, top each with a layer of relish and 1 scallop. Garnish with parsley.
"GRILLED SCALLOPS; PINEAPPLE,MANGO,PAPAYA RELISH"
- In a 4qt. mixing bowl combine the first 7 ingredients together until they are well blended.Add the scallops,cover and marinate at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.Drain the marinade and save for basting the scallops.With two metal skewers,thread the scallops,one skewer on each side of the scallop(makes it easy to turn the scallops over)do this until you have finished with all of the scallops. Preheat the grill on high for 10 minutes,when ready to grill the scallops,turn down the heat to medium-high.Grill the scallops for about 7 minutes or until the scallops are opaque.Turning once and baste with marinade. In a 2qt. mixing bowl combine all of the relish ingredients together and serve with the scallops(relish can be made 1 day ahead of time). Serve scallops with the relish(divided equality among 4 people).
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PINEAPPLE
- Season scallops with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- In a hot pan (I prefer cast iron) add oil. When the oil starts to smoke add scallops and watch closely to make sure its not too hot.
- Sear the scallops until golden brown on both sides, but only flip once.
- Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Next add the chopped garlic and cook for just a minute or two, then add the wine.
- The garlic and wine should start to simmer, continue this until its reduced.
- Then add the pineapple and stir around to coat.
- Pour it all over the scallops and garnish. Serve immediately.
- For the wine I prefer to use Alice White Lexia, its smooth and has more of a fruity flavor.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.8, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 36.4, Sodium 614, Carbohydrate 15.4, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 6.3, Protein 18.9
SPICY MANGO SCALLOPS
This sweet and spicy seafood combo gives off enough heat to make the whole family warm up to its great flavors! Be sure to buy the larger sea scallops for this recipe; cooking times would be off for the smaller bay scallops. -Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan., Add onion to same pan; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in chutney., Return scallops to pan; heat through, stirring gently to coat. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 447mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "grilled scallops pineapplemangopapaya relish recipes"
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH NORI RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
4.5/5 (10)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Mix mayonnaise, lime juice, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tbsp. water in a small bowl; set lime mayo aside.
- Finely grind nori in spice mill. Transfer half to a small bowl; set aside for serving. Transfer remaining nori to a large bowl and mix in coriander, ginger, and 2 Tbsp. oil. Add scallops and toss to coat.
- Thread 3 scallops onto 2 skewers. (This will keep scallops in place and make them easy to turn. You can also use this method for shrimp and small peppers like shishito and Padrón.) Repeat with remaining scallops and skewers. Season both sides with salt.
- Clean and oil grate, then immediately place scallops on the outside edge of the grill so that the skewers are hanging off the side. Grill, turning scallops with handles of skewers, until grill marks appear and scallops are just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, depending on their size.
GRILLED SCALLOPS RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory DinnerCalories 130 per serving
- Pat scallops dry with a dish towel or paper towels. It’s very important to get out as much of the liquid as possible.
- Drizzle or brush scallops with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Place back in the refrigerator until the grill is ready (it’s important to keep scallops cold for as long as possible).
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub the grates liberally with an oil with a high smoke point (such as canola or vegetable oil) to prevent the scallops from sticking. Place the scallops directly onto the grates and grill for 2-3 minutes per side, or until slightly charred on the outside and completely opaque.
GRILLED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH ’NDUJA BUTTER - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 6Total Time 20 minsCategory Fish And SeafoodCalories 166 per serving
GRILLED SUMMER SCALLOPS - CANADIAN ENGLISH
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH HONEYDEW-AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE ...
5/5 Total Time 30 minsServings 4
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, combine the lime zest and juice with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the diced honeydew melon and avocado. Season the salsa with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to plates, spoon the salsa alongside and serve.
CARIBBEAN GRILLED SCALLOP SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (7)Calories 264 per serving
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH RéMOULADE SAUCE - RECIPE - …
4.2/5 (6)Servings 4-6Cuisine AmericanCategory Lunch
GRILLED LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS - THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 35 minsCategory Appetizer, Main Course, Side DishCalories 136 per serving
GRILLED SCALLOPS RECIPE - GREATCHEFRECIPES.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH AVOCADO CORN RELISH ON CRISPY ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
PAPAYA-PINEAPPLE RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MANGO PINEAPPLE SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SCALLOPS AND SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
HOW TO GRILL SCALLOPS - GRILLED SCALLOPS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
MANGO PINEAPPLE RELISH RECIPES
10 BEST GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH MANGO SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GRILLED SCALLOPS RECIPE BOBBY FLAY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH ROCOTILLO MANGO RELISH RHP | HEALTHY ...
GRILLED SCALLOPS PINEAPPLEMANGOPAPAYA RELISH RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook fresh scallops on the grill?In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper the scallops and add to the bowl and toss in marinade to coat. Let marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Place the scallops on a grill over medium high heat.
How do you cook scallops in a marinade?In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper the scallops and add to the bowl and toss in marinade to coat. Let marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
What do you put on a scallop salad?For the rémoulade sauce, put the mayonnaise, capers, pickle relish, tarragon, shallot, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt, and paprika into a blender. Pulse several times, until well combined. Brush each scallop on all sides with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper.