GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH LEMON, MINT AND BASIL
- Prepare the grill (medium-high heat). Whisk the oil, mint, lemon juice, basil, and garlic in a medium bowl to blend. Season the lemon and olive oil mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brush the swordfish steaks with 2 tablespoons of the lemon and olive oil mixture. Grill the steaks until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side (depending on thickness of steaks). Transfer the steaks to plates. Spoon the remaining sauce over and serve.
GRILLED SWORDFISH STEAKS WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE
This wonderful, tangy sauce really compliments the flavor of grilled swordfish steaks. Serve with the cucumber sauce, and the combination of flavors are wonderful. This is my favorite way to have swordfish. You may add some diced hot peppers or spices if you would prefer some heat. Enjoy!
Provided by Cat Lady Cyndi
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir the cucumber, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the chili sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with black pepper, and remove from the heat.
- Brush the swordfish steaks on all sides with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Cook on the preheated grill until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and easily flakes with a fork, about 3 minutes per side. Baste with the chili sauce while grilling. Serve the swordfish with lemon slices and the cucumber sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 589.3 mg, Sugar 5 g
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH SMOKY TOMATO-ANCHOVY SALSA
This is a simple summer fish dish with robust flavors. Swordfish would be the first choice, for its meatiness and ease of grilling, but any firm-fleshed white fish, such as halibut, monkfish, corvina or snapper, is a suitable option. Tuna would also work, but for that matter, so would chicken breast, for those at your gathering who don't eat fish. Topped with an easily made salsa of cherry tomatoes, anchovy, hot pepper and smoky pimentón, the whole affair is rather salad-like, best accompanied by arugula or lettuce leaves. Serve with roasted potatoes or garlic toast for a casual picnic-style summer supper.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, seafood, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill. (Alternatively, use a cast-iron skillet or stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.) Place swordfish steaks on a baking sheet and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub with fingers to coat. Leave at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, put vinegar, smoked paprika, tomato paste and garlic. Stir to dissolve tomato paste. Add onion, sweet pepper, chiles and 4 chopped anchovy fillets, and stir everything together. Add pinch of salt and ½ to ¾ cup olive oil and stir again.
- Add cherry tomatoes, lightly season with salt and pepper, then gently fold them into the mixture. Leave to marinate about 10 minutes.
- Grill the swordfish steaks over medium-hot coals for about 4 minutes per side. Remove when you see juices begin to rise on second side.
- Transfer to plates or a large platter. Stir salsa and spoon generously over fish. Sprinkle with oregano. Garnish with whole anchovy fillets. Surround with a generous amount of arugula and serve.
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER LIME SALSA
- Marinate swordfish:
- Stir together lime juice, honey, oil, and coriander in a shallow dish. Add swordfish, turning to coat, and marinate at room temperature, turning over once, 15 minutes. (Do not marinate longer.)
- Make salsa while swordfish marinates:
- Remove peel, including all white pith, from lime with a sharp paring knife. Cut segments free from membranes and finely chop segments, then combine with remaining salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Grill swordfish:
- Lightly brush grill pan with oil and heat over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke. Remove swordfish from marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill fish until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve topped with salsa.
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH SALSA FRESCA
- Add the tomatoes, jalapeño, onions, cilantro and lime juice to a bowl and mix to combine. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour for all the flavors to come together.
- Set up your grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only. Drizzle the swordfish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Place on the direct-heat side of the grill and cook until nicely charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Move to the indirect-heat side of the grill, close the lid and cook until cooked through, another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the grill to rest, about 5 minutes. Serve the swordfish with the salsa spooned over the top.
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH MINT-CUCUMBER SALSA
- Combine cucumber, onion, mint, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and sugar in medium bowl; toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Brush swordfish with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil swordfish until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Place swordfish on plates. Top with salsa.
LIME CUCUMBER SALSA
This unique salsa tastes terrific with chicken and fish, on top of baked potatoes or eaten as a dip with tortilla chips.-Marcia Kwiecinski, Corregidor, Philippines
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH MANGO SALSA
- Mix together salsa ingredients and chill.
- Season swordfish steaks with salt and pepper.
- Coat grill rack with cooking oil spray before heating; prepare grill.
- Make basting mixture of equal parts olive oil and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Grill swordfish over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees) for approximately 6-8 minutes per side, according to the thickness of the fish, or until fish flakes easily.
- Baste frequently with oil/lime mixture.
- Serve swordfish topped with mango salsa, or as a condiment.
QUICK GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH PAPAYA SALSA
This is an easy fish dinner that can be on your table in 30 minutes. Follow the instructions below to make the best use of your time, and then enjoy the great flavors!
Provided by CookinDiva
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat grill (allow 10 minutes for gas grill).
- While grill is heating, prepare fish and make salsa.
- Prepare fish fillets: brush with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and seasoning mix.
- Prepare salsa: mix together all ingredients, taking care to keep everything very small. If desired, you can add diced cucumber or red onion, according to your taste preferences. Set salsa aside.
- Prepare heated grill for fish (we use a non-stick spray made for grills to prevent sticking).
- Grill fish 4-5 minutes on each side. When cooking swordfish, don't overcook or it will be dry. Don't wait until it "flakes apart" like other fish - when swordfish is perfectly cooked, there will still be some resistance when you try to cut it apart.
- Serve swordfish with salsa and a wedge of lime.
More about "grilled swordfish with cucumber lime salsa recipes"
GRILLED GINGER-LIME SWORDFISH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE (STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL) - THE …
10 BEST GRILLED MARINATED SWORDFISH STEAK RECIPES
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER KEY LIMES SALSA - MELISSAS PRODUCE
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory <P>Entree</P>Servings 2Total Time 45 mins
SWORDFISH SALSA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH HERBS RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - A COOKIE NAMED DESIRE
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CRAB SALSA - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER LIME SALSA - MEXICAN RECIPES
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE WITH CORIANDER AND LIME - INSPIRED TASTE
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CORN SALSA RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH MINT CUCUMBER SALSA - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
GRILLED SWORDFISH, MANGO AND CUCUMBER SALSA | METRO
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER LIME SALSA - RANS
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH TOMATO-&-CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPE
GRILLED SWORDFISH STEAKS - SWEET & SAVORY
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH AVOCADO-SALSA, RECIPE PETITCHEF
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH SMOKED PAPRIKA AND HERBED FRUIT SALSA
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER LIME SALSA RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
CILANTRO LIME GRILLED SWORDFISH - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH TOMATO-CUCUMBER SALSA RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CORN SALAD RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH FRESH VEGETABLE SALSA RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
GRILLED LIME BASIL SWORDFISH RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER LIME SALSA
PERFECT RECIPE FOR GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH MAYONNAISE
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA - COOKING CHAT
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CUCUMBER LIME SALSA | DOROTHY …
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CARIBBEAN SALSA - RECIPESNOW!
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH LEMON, DILL & CUCUMBER SAUCE - RECIPE
SWORDFISH WITH SALSA RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GRILLED SWORDFISH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH PINEAPPLE PEACH SALSA - RECIPE GIRL
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADO GRAPEFRUIT SALSA
10 GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Swordfish on the grill?Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with black pepper, and remove from the heat. Brush the swordfish steaks on all sides with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Cook on the preheated grill until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and easily flakes with a fork, about 3 minutes per side.
What to make with Swordfish?10 Grilled Swordfish Recipes To Make This Summer. 1 Grilled Marinated Swordfish. Credit: John Payne. View Recipe. Just because a recipe is simple, doesn't mean it's any less elegant. Here swordfish ... 2 Grilled Swordfish with Rosemary. 3 Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa. 4 E-Z Marinated Swordfish. 5 Simply Swordfish. More items
How to cook swordfish steak in basil lime marinade?Make the basil lime marinade In a large ziplock bag, combine olive oil, lime juice, basil, minced garlic, and seasoning. Seal the bag and give it a good shake. Alternatively, you can make the marinade in a large bowl. 2. Marinade the fish Place the swordfish steaks inside the bag and seal it.
How to cook swordfish steak with zucchini?Grill the swordfish steaks over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Cut the zucchini horizontally, brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then grill alongside the steaks! Top the fish with diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and a squeeze of lime juice and serve!