MY FAVORITE BOLOGNA OR HAM SALAD FOR SANDWICHES
I grew up only knowing this by Ham Salad which is what my Mom and local Deli's up North called it. She said it was the "Poor Man's Ham Salad" which never contained any ham, just bologna, but giving it the wonderful flavor and color of what could have been ham. We loved it. I made it for my children as they grew up and it is still requested though they are adults now. I am in my 50's and still make it for myself as a snack spread or sandwich. I've seen a variation of recipes for this, tried some and still think mine is my favorite. Let me know what you think?
Provided by CabinKat
Yield 2 pounds, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Do not use Velveeta for this recipe, it does not store well.
- I suggest a food processor for this recipe unless you prefer a meat grinder. Use a large bowl with tight lid for storing.
- Take all the bologna out of the packaging and quarter.
- Unwrap all the cheese slices (if in wrap) and quarter as well.
- Place half the meat and half the cheese in processor and pulse until semi-chunky. It should look spreadable. Scoop in bowl.
- Add remaining bologna and cheese, process.
- Place rest in large bowl and add relish, mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the mayo, stir. You can choose the consistency if you prefer. I like it a bit more mayonnaisy. Add rest if preferred.
- You can use either Miracle Whip or real Mayo, both are great. I like the real mayo because it works better with crackers.
- Serve on either a hamburger bun (kid's favorite), sandwich bread, or club crackers.
- Store remaining spread in fridge, it can last up to one week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.3, Fat 17.6, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 36.2, Sodium 691.8, Carbohydrate 6.2, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 1.8, Protein 8.2
HAM (BOLOGNA) SALAD
This recipe is great for a summer outing, or just a lazy day at home. It's easy to make and gets better the longer it sits ( if it last's that long )
Provided by tcourto
Yield 1 sandwich, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Grind bologna with a grinder or food processor.
- Mix rest of ingredients with bologna.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Use about 1/3 cup of mix per sandwich.
BOLOGNA SALAD SANDWICHES
"This spread makes a filling sandwich perfect for a big appetite," says Joyce Walker of Ridgeway, Virginia.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 sandwiches.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl, mix bologna, mayonnaise, relish, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Use about 1/3 cup of the salad for each sandwich, and top with a slice of cheese and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
MOCK HAM SALAD SANDWICHES
"MY MAMA'S sandwich filling tastes good whether you make it with ham or bologna. I loved it when I was young, and I've made it for my own family for years. A heaping scoop on a big hamburger bun never failed to satisfy my active boys' appetites."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl, combine bologna, eggs, onion and pickles. Add mayonnaise; toss lightly until combined. Cover and chill. , To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each sandwich bun, if desired, and top with about 1/3 cup ham salad; replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts :
BOLOGNA SALAD SANDWICH SPREAD I
A girlfriend's mom made this spread years ago for our Teen Club Luncheon back in Iowa in the 50's. I asked her to tell my Mom how to make it. I made the recipe for my kids while they were growing up & they still love it. Sweet relish and eggs round out the flavor of bologna in this simple but delicious spread. Serve it on cocktail toast, or use it in sandwiches. The amount of egg, creamy salad dressing and relish should be adjusted to taste.
Provided by KUMLA
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Grind the bologna and eggs in a meat grinder with a medium blade.
- In a large bowl, mix the bologna mixture with desired amount of creamy salad dressing and desired amount of sweet pickle relish. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.6 calories, Carbohydrate 3.1 g, Cholesterol 24.1 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 235.5 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
More about "ham bologna salad recipes"
BOLOGNA SALAD RECIPE PERFECT ON CRACKERS, TOAST OR AS A …
4.8/5 (17)Category AppetizerServings 6Total Time 10 mins
SIMPLE OLD FASHIONED BOLOGNA SALAD RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
Reviews 3Total Time 5 minsCategory SandwichesCalories 282 per serving
MOM'S BOLOGNA SALAD | RECIPE | HAM SALAD RECIPES, HAM SALAD …
OLD AMISH RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE HAM SALAD » AMISH 365
HAM SALAD MADE BOLOGNA - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
POORMAN'S HAM SALAD (BOLOGNA SALAD) RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
DEVILED HAM SALAD - BOLOGNA SALAD | HAM SALAD, BOLOGNA SALAD, …
HAM SALAD - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
OLD FASHIONED BOLOGNA SALAD RECIPE - THESE OLD …
OLD FASHIONED BOLOGNA SALAD - THE SOUTHERN LADY …
12 BEST HAM SALADS | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A HAM SALAD RECIPE WITH BOLOGNA OPTION
HAM BOLOGNA SALAD - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
BOLOGNA HAM SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PAULA DEENS BEST HAM SALAD SANDWICH RECIPES
HOMEMADE HAM SALAD RECIPE BOLOGNA - THERESCIPES.INFO
OLD-FASHIONED DELI-STYLE HAM SALAD - WILDFLOUR'S COTTAGE KITCHEN
BEST EVER HAM SALAD RECIPE WITH BOLOGNA - CREATE THE MOST …
HAM SALAD (MADE WITH BOLOGNA)! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
24 BOLOGNA SALAD IDEAS | BOLOGNA SALAD, HAM SALAD, RECIPES
HAM BOLOGNA SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DEEP SOUTH DISH: DEVILED HAM SALAD - BOLOGNA SALAD
HAM SALAD RECIPE WITH BOLOGNA | DEPORECIPE.CO
10 BEST BOLOGNA SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
BOLOGNA, HAM, OR CHICKEN SALAD | THAILAND 1 DOLLAR MEALS
HAM (BOLOGNA) SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HAM SALAD RECIPE (SPREAD OR SANDWICHES) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HAM SALAD MADE WITH BOLOGNA - THERESCIPES.INFO
HAM SALAD WITH BOLOGNA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
OLD-FASHIONED BOLOGNA SALAD (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
THE BEST VINTAGE HAM SALAD RECIPE - RETRO POTLUCK
BOLOGNA HAM SALAD RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HAM SALAD RECIPE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
23 BOLOGNA RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND SANDWICHES - INSANELY GOOD
HAM (BOLOGNA) SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HAM SALAD MADE WITH BOLOGNA BEST RECIPES
CLASSIC HAM SALAD - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
HAM (BOLOGNA) SALAD RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE BOLOGNA SALAD – GALAXY TRAINING
HAM SALAD RECIPE WITH BOLOGNA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Bologna salad?This is a simple old-fashioned bologna salad that is great as a sandwich spread or with crackers. You’ll often hear baloney salad called “ham salad”, and that is how it is believed that the recipe originated, as a cheap way to make ham salad with bologna instead.
How do you make a bologna sandwich with mayonnaise?In a bowl, mix bologna, mayonnaise, relish, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Use about 1/3 cup of the salad for each sandwich, and top with a slice of cheese and lettuce if desired. <B>Editor's Note:</B> All of the sandwiches don't have to be made at once. Salad will keep for 4-5 days stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
What to do with leftover ham or Bologna?Ham Salad is a quick way to repurpose leftover ham or bologna. A bit of mayonnaise, hard-boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish, and some seasonings, and you’ll be in “hog heaven.” As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Use ham salad to make a satisfying sandwich, a light supper, or as an appetizer with oven-baked sweet potato chips.
How do you cook Bologna in a food processor?Instructions 1 Cube ham or bologna (remove the rind if desired), then place in a food processor and pulse approximately 10-15 times until ham is chopped but not too fine. ... 2 Chop hard-boiled eggs and celery, if using. Add to ham. ... 3 Mix in 1 teaspoon of vinegar and taste. ... 4 Chop basil and add to spread if serving immediately. ...