SWEET CHILLI JAM
This has a kick, but won't blow your head off, and goes well with any selection of cold cuts of meat
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Yield Makes 4 small jars
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Tip the peppers, chillies (with seeds), ginger and garlic into a food processor, then whizz until very finely chopped. Scrape into a heavy-bottomed pan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar, then bring everything to the boil. Skim off any scum that comes to the surface, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 50 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once the jam is becoming sticky, continue cooking for 10-15 mins more, stirring frequently so that it doesn't catch and burn. It should now look like thick, bubbling lava. Cool slightly, transfer to sterilised jars, then leave to cool completely. Keeps for 3 months in a cool, dark cupboard - refrigerate once opened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 857 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 220 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 218 grams sugar, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.34 milligram of sodium
HOT, SWEET AND STICKY CHILI JAM
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- When oil is hot, add your onions and garlic, reduce your heat and allow them to cook for around 20 minutes stirring frequently, until onions are VERY soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and add the chiles and brown sugar, and blend until smooth, then return the mixture to the pan.
- Cook mixture for approximately 10 minutes stirring frequently, until the liquid evaporates and the mixture has a jam-like consistency.
- Cool slightly and serve.
- This jam will last in the refrigerator in an airtight jar for approximately 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1011.1, Fat 68.5, SaturatedFat 9.5, Sodium 40.8, Carbohydrate 100.4, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 57.1, Protein 8.2
More about "homemade sweet chilli jam recipes"
BEST HOMEMADE SWEET CHILLI JAM | TRIED & TESTED
Reviews 82Calories 213 per servingCategory Sides And Savoury
CHILLI JAM | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 4Calories 33 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Trim, halve and deseed the red chillies (use rubber gloves to protect your hands, if you like), and peel the garlic cloves, then place in a food processor with the peppers and pulse until finely chopped.Scrape the chilli mixture into a high-sided pan over a medium-high heat, add the sugar and vinegar, then give everything a good stir.Prick the Scotch bonnets with a sharp knife and add to the pan with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick, glossy and reduced by half.Pour into sterilised jam jars (leave the Scotch bonnets in, if you like it hot, otherwise remove) and store in a cool dark place until needed.
SWEET & AUTHENTIC THAI CHILLI JAM RECIPE – NAM PRIK PAO
RECIPE: SWEET CHILLI JAM - FOOD NEWS
CHILLI JAM - THE WITCHES KITCHEN
RECIPE: SWEET CHILLI JAM – SOW AND SO
CHILLI JAM - HOME COOKING RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CHILLI JAM | CHILLI JAM, SWEET CHILLI, JAM RECIPES
MAKE YOUR OWN SWEET CHILLI JAM | MAKE YOUR OWN - NDTV …
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HOMEMADE SWEET CHILLI JAM - ANINAS RECIPES
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
EASY AND QUICK CHILLI JAM - ROMINA'S LITTLE CORNER
SWEET CHILLI JAM WITH GINGER - LIFE INEVITABLE
ASIAN CHILLI JAM RECIPE | FOODACIOUSLY
SMUTTY SWEET CHILLI JAM - TINNED TOMATOES
DELICIOUS CHILLI JAM- MY FAVOURITE SWEET & SPICY PRESERVE
SWEET CHILLI JAM | RECIPE | CHILLI JAM, SWEET CHILLI, JAM RECIPES
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
HOW TO MAKE SPICY CHILLI JAM | TESCO REAL FOOD
SWEET CHILLI JAM – CURLY'S COOKING
CHILLI JAM RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
EASY SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE - PENNY'S RECIPES - DELICIOUS!
SWEET CHILLI TOMATO JAM | BIBBY'S KITCHEN PRESERVES
SWEET CHILLI JAM : 12 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
CHILLI JAM - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
QUICK & EASY SWEET CHILLI JAM | YUZU BAKES
MAKE YOUR OWN SWEET CHILLI JAM | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
SWEET CHILLI JAM - CENTRAL VIETNAM STYLE - DELECTABILIA
SWEET CHILLI JAM - 100% PURE NEW ZEALAND HONEY
HOW TO MAKE AWESOME SWEET CHILLI JAM - INSTRUCTABLES
CHILLI JAM RECIPE | A FORK AND A PENCIL
SWEET AND TANGY CHILLI JAM | MARION'S KITCHEN
EASY SWEET CHILLI DRESSING RECIPE - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
HOMEMADE THAI CHILLI JAM IS SERIOUS NOMS | MARION'S KITCHEN
SWEET CHILLI JAM - PLANNING WITH KIDS
PAULA'S SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE - MINNIE PISTACCHIO
SWEET CHILLI SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
SWEET CHILLI JAM - TALES FROM THE KITCHEN SHED
BEST CHILLI JAM RECIPE | EASY SERVE IT, WITH LOVE, HEALTHY & DELICIOUS
15 CHILLI JAM RECIPES YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS WEEKEND
SWEET CHILLI JAM RECIPE WITH RED PEPPER, RED CHILI PEPPERS, FRESH ...
SWEET CHILLI JAM – “HOW TO MAKE” RECIPE FROM THE JAM JAR SHOP
HOMEMADE CHILLI JAM - VEGAN DIARIES
CHILLI JAM | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #jams-and-preserves #condiments-etc #asian #thai #vegetarian #dietary #gifts #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Chilli Jam and how do you make it?Sweet chilli jam adds a neat heat to any snack as a relish or dip. Photograph: Colin Campbell for the Guardian M any chilli jam recipes call for peppers, or ginger, or garlic, or tomatoes, or … well, you name it. But all you really need is sugar, chillies (obviously), vinegar and a source of pectin, which makes jam set.
What is the best way to make homemade jam?Peel and grate the ginger. Place the chopped chillies, peppers, tomatoes, ginger, sugar, red wine vinegar and lemon zest in a wide saucepan. Add water and bring to a boil. Cook at high heat for 10 - 15 minutes, regularly checking to skim the "foam" from the surface of the jam.
How to make jam with cider vinegar?Place in a preserving pan or large saucepan and add ginger and cider vinegar. Simmer for 15 minutes and puree with a stick blender. Add the jam sugar, lime juice and salt. Keep on a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Boil rapidly of 3 to 4 minutes and remove from heat.
How long do you boil Jam for jam making?Place the chopped chillies, peppers, tomatoes, ginger, sugar, red wine vinegar and lemon zest in a wide saucepan. Add water and bring to a boil. Cook at high heat for 10 - 15 minutes, regularly checking to skim the "foam" from the surface of the jam.