THE AMAZING SWEDISH MEATBALL
Yowza! These Swedish Meatballs are fabulous! Very easy to make with such simple ingredients, and they're just delicious. This recipe has been in my family for years - friends and family wait all year to eat them.
Provided by KANDIYOHIV
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg, and milk. Season with parsley, Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix well with your hands. Shape into walnut-size balls, and place on baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Turn frequently so they brown evenly on all sides.
- To make the sauce: In a saucepan, combine oil, flour, paprika, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cook over medium heat until sizzling. Stir in hot water and sour cream until smooth and heated through.
- When meatballs have cooked 30 minutes, pour sauce over the top, and return to the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559.6 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 134.1 mg, Fat 42.7 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.1 g, Sodium 2174.7 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
ALMOST-FAMOUS SWEDISH MEATBALLS
Some people drive for hours to get to an Ikea store, and we know they aren't making the trek just for the $9.99 chairs. They're going for the Swedish meatballs. The dish has been a main attraction at Ikea Restaurants since an in-store chef developed the recipe in Switzerland in 1985. Although Ikea's Real Swedish Food Book, published in 2000, included a meatball recipe, reps confirmed that it is not the one served at their restaurants. Ikea is keeping that baby a secret, so chefs in Food Network Kitchens hit a nearby store for a tasting, then created this spot-on copy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield About 45 meatballs
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the meatballs: Put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, allspice, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the milk and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour the milk mixture over the breadcrumbs and stir to make a thick paste; let cool. Add the beef, pork, egg and egg white to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Brush a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Roll the meat into 1-inch balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the meatballs until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Make the gravy: Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until smooth. Whisk in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the cream and meatballs. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the gravy thickens, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with the parsley and serve with lingonberry jam, if desired.
VEGAN IMPOSSIBLE SWEDISH "MEATBALLS" RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add the meat, chopped onions, and breadcrumbs to a large bowl. Pour the coconut milk over the top of the breadcrumbs. Allow the breadcrumbs to soak up the milk.
- Add the nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the meat mixture and mix to combine and completely disperse the seasonings.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form the meat mixture into 1-inch size balls. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and continue rolling and forming until they are all completed.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add the meatballs to the pan and cook on one side for about 1 minute. Rotate and cook on each side until browned (for a total of about 5 minutes).
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and place them on a plate. Prepare the gravy.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add the vegan butter to the pan used for browning the meatballs and return to medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and allow to cook for two minutes, stirring frequently. Whisk in the garlic and onion powder.
- Add the vegetable bouillon. Whisk in the water gradually until the mixture is combined and smooth. Whisk in the coconut milk, soy sauce, mustard, and pepper. Add salt to taste. Continue to heat and stir over medium heat until the sauce has thickened and is bubbling.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan and cook them for 3 minutes or until they are heated through. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486 kcal, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 1497 mg, Sugar 5 g, Fat 36 g, ServingSize 18 meatballs (6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
QUICK SWEDISH MEATBALLS
This recipe comes from a bag of frozen meatballs, and it is very easy, quick and yummy. I followed the recipe exactly with the exception of doubling the sauce and adding a few more meatballs than called for, and I served over noodles. This is a terrific weeknight meal that will be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
Provided by Happy Hippie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine the Meatballs, Soup, Milk and Nutmeg in a Large Skillet.
- Heat to Boiling, Stirring Occasionally.
- Reduce the Heat, Cover and Simmer for 15 minute.
- Stir in the Sour Cream, Cover and Heat for 2 or 3 minute more.
- Sprinkle with Parsley if Desired and Serve Warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 21.2, Sodium 489.5, Carbohydrate 7.3, Sugar 0.5, Protein 3.3
SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ground beef, ground pork, panko breadcrumbs, onion, fresh parsley, garlic, eggs, salt, pepper, butter, all-purpose flour, beef broth, ground allspice, nutmeg, heavy cream, salt, pepper, fresh parsley
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 40 meatballs
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium-size bowl mix together the beef, pork, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, eggs, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Take a walnut size of the meat mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining meat and transfer to an oiled rack on a sheet tray.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat and allow it to brown slightly. Stir in the flour completely and cook for about 1 minute creating a pale roux.
- Add the beef broth, stir, and cook until it thickens.
- Add in the ground allspice, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and the heavy cream, stir, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and coat them with the gravy.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, poke with toothpicks, and serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129 calories, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 1 gram
Cook pork mince meatballs and serve with classic lingonberry or cranberry sauce and spring greens for a healthy, low-calorie family meal
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 mins or until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Leave to cool.
- Mix the cooled onions, pork mince, egg yolk, a good grating of nutmeg and the breadcrumbs in a bowl with your hands until well combined. Form into 12 balls and chill for 15 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs for 5 mins over a medium heat, turning often until golden. Pour over the stock and bubble for 8-10 mins or until it has reduced a little. Stir through the mustard and yogurt.
- Steam the greens for 5 mins or until tender. Serve the meatballs with the greens and a dollop of the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 24 grams protein, Sodium 1.04 milligram of sodium
IMPOSSIBLE™ SWEDISH MEATBALLS
- Combine Impossible Burger, bread crumbs, milk, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, grated Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Form into 1- to 2-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet and cook meatballs until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side, about 10 minutes total. Rotate as needed and adjust heat if they are cooking too quickly.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet. Whisk Greek yogurt into the vegetable broth and pour around the meatballs. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk half-and-half and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Whisk into the broth until evenly combined. Increase heat and bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Stir in the remaining Worcestershire and salt. Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537.6 calories, Carbohydrate 58 g, Cholesterol 57.7 mg, Fat 19.1 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 2457.4 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
SWEDISH MEATBALLS WITH SECRET INGREDIENT
When I was growing up there was a chain of Swedish Smorgasbord restaurants in the area which I lived. It wasn't until about 10 years ago that I met the original owner of that chain at a private party in the last remaining restaurant in the chain. He cooked the foods for this party himself with his son who at that time was the manager of that one remaining establishment. One of the dishes that he served, personally to the 20+ persons invited, was his Swedish Meatballs. They were the absolute best tasting meatballs I ever ate. I took him aside and asked him quietly..."is the wonderful taste in these meatballs the fennel seeds in the sauce?" He smiled and whispered back..."yes that is my secret for making the best Swedish meatballs". I came upon a recipe for Swedish Meatballs at Group Recipes.com that sounded so similar to that recipe so I wanted to post this version for the ZWT #6 2010 Scandinavian Region.
Provided by CarrolJ
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 30-40 small meatballs, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Put eggs, spices and minced onion in a bowl, mix it all together.
- Add meat, mix well so everything is nicely blended.
- Shape small meatballs and brown them on all sides.
- Cook over medium heat until liquids run clear of blood.
- Add the beef stock, kitchen bouquet, salt and pepper, and fennel seeds and simmer on low heat about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the 1/4 cup of water and the flour well for a thickner.
- Add the thickner to the meat stirring constantly.
- Cook until the the sauce thickens.
- Add the cream and just heat until the cream is blended well and hot.
- Be careful not to let it boil or it will curdle the cream.
More about "impossible swedish meatballs recipes"
THE BEST IMPOSSIBLE SWEDISH MEATBALL! - SPENDING …
Servings 4Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Combine all meatball ingredients into a medium bowl. Use small meatball scoop and make 1 inch meatballs and set aside.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of broth to same pan as used to cook the meatballs. Scrape off and loosen up the black bits still attached to the bottom of the pan (deglazing the pan).
SUPER EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS - I WASH YOU DRY
EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS - LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
THE PERFECT FAMILY RECIPE FOR AUTHENTIC SWEDISH …
SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - THE ULTIMATE RECIPE
CRAVE-WORTHY SWEDISH MEATBALLS - INSPIRED TASTE
SWEDISH MEATBALLS | RICARDO
SWEDISH MEATBALLS (HOMEMADE IKEA MEATBALLS)
SWEDISH MEATBALLS - CAFE DELITES
IKEA SHARED THE RECIPE FOR SWEDISH MEATBALLS—HERE'S …
THE BEST SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SWEDISH MEATBALLS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SWEDISH MEATBALLS - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
SWEDISH MEATBALLS (CRAZY JUICY!) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
VEGAN SWEDISH MEATBALLS - SIMPLE PLANT BASED LIFE™
30-MINUTE COPYCAT IKEA MEATBALLS RECIPE - SCRUMMY LANE
EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS // VIDEO - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE (FROZEN MEATBALLS) HOMEMADE CREAM …
IMPOSSIBLE BURGER MEATBALLS - KARISSA'S VEGAN KITCHEN
IMPOSSIBLE™ SWEDISH MEATBALLS - MEATBALL RECIPES
IMPOSSIBLE™ SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE | IMPOSSIBLE FOODS
SPAGHETTI AND IMPOSSIBLE™ MEATBALLS RECIPE | IMPOSSIBLE FOOD
VEGAN IMPOSSIBLE SWEDISH “MEATBALLS” – CHAWTIME
MEATBALL RECIPE: IMPOSSIBLE™ SWEDISH MEATBALLS BY REBEKAH ROSE …
SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE (IKEA COPYCAT W/GRAVY) - DINNER, THEN …
SWEDISH MEATBALLS – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
SWEDISH MEATBALLS (NO HEAVY CREAM) - SKINNYTASTE
EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - BETTER THAN IKEA!
SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGAN IMPOSSIBLE SWEDISH MEATBALLS FOR AN AUTUMN DAY
LEAH'S SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST VEGAN MEATBALLS! (IMPOSSIBLE BURGER) - THE CHEEKY CHICKPEA
RECIPE - IMPOSSIBLE SWEDISH MEATBALLS - COOKINGBITES
IMPOSSIBLE BURGER MEATBALLS - GASTRONOTHERAPY
SWEDISH MEATBALLS - ART AND THE KITCHEN
SWEDISH MEATBALLS- EASY RECIPE & PERFECT FOR FAMILY DINNER!
EASY VEGETARIAN SWEDISH MEATBALLS – SKINNY SPATULA
THE BEST SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
IMPOSSIBLE BURGER RECIPE FOR MEATBALLS - FOOD NEWS
VEGAN SWEDISH MEATBALLS FROM RAMIN GANESHRAM’S COOKING WITH …
You'll also love