POOLS BREW RED CHILI
- Melt the shortening in a large wide pot over medium heat. Working in batches, add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain, then rinse with water and return to the pot.
- Add the beef broth, chicken broth, tomato sauce, prunes, 10 cups water and Spice Group 1 to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir in Spice Group 2 and cook 15 minutes, then stir in Spice Group 3 and cook 15 more minutes. Season with salt and add Tabasco sauce to taste.
GRILLED STEAKS WITH RED CHILE SAUCE
- Make sauce:
- Rinse chiles and remove stems, then split open and discard seeds and ribs. Heat a dry well-seasoned cast-iron skillet or heavy skillet over moderate heat, then toast chiles in batches, turning them, about 30 seconds total. Transfer chiles to a heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over them. Cover bowl and soak chiles, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Reserve 2 cups soaking liquid, then drain chiles in a colander. Purée chiles, reserved soaking liquid, and roasted peppers in 2 batches in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Force purée through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on and discarding solids.
- Cook garlic, cumin, oregano, and salt in butter in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Whisk in chile mixture and simmer, whisking occasionally, until reduced to about 2 1/2 cups, 15 to 20 minutes. Add vinegar and salt to taste. Keep sauce warm, covered.
- Grill steaks:
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt. Grill steaks, uncovered, on lightly oiled grill rack, turning over once, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes.
- Serve steaks with sauce.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 (18-ounce/500 g) jar
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the chili pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and basil on a cutting board. Crush the chili pepper and the garlic. With a mezzaluna or sharp knife, finely chop the ingredients and bring to a mulch consistency.
- Put the mixture in a jar. Add the olive oil to cover the chili paste. Mix well.
VENISON BURGER AND STEAK CHILI
This is our home made deer chili recipe. We eat venison whenever possible as it is healthier than beef. This is a great chili to serve at parties and to get friends that think they don't like venison to try it out. They will be greatly surprised! Enjoy!
Provided by Jennifer Mills
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and browned; place into a large Dutch oven. Sear venison cubes until well browned; add to sausage. Add ground venison, and cook until crumbly and no longer pink; place into Dutch oven.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic, cook until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the green and red peppers, red chile pepper, and jalapeno; cook until softened, then add to Dutch oven.
- Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, black beans, diced tomatoes, and water. Season with chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and oregano. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the venison pieces are tender, about 2 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in parsley before serving. To serve, sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481.6 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 127.7 mg, Fat 18 g, Fiber 11.6 g, Protein 44.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 1515.3 mg, Sugar 11.5 g
STEAK WITH SPICY CHILI SAUCE
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, shallots, chili paste, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Add the steaks, turning to coat evenly.
- Remove the steaks, reserving the sauce; pat the steaks lightly with paper towels and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Heat the remaining ½ teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until almost smoking.
- Arrange steaks in a single layer so that they don't touch.
- Cook until done to taste, 4 minutes on each side for med-rare; transfer steaks to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the reserved sauce to the pan; bring to a boil over med-high heat and cook, stirring often, until thick and syrupy; about 3 minutes; spoon sauce over steaks.
RED CURRY FLANK STEAK
I love Thai food, and in particular red curry beef, which is basically chunks of beef stew meat cooked slowly in a spicy, aromatic red curry sauce. Inspired by this classic recipe, I decided to see if the same sort of flavors could be turned into a marinade for flank steak. The results knocked my socks off.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Flank Steak
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk rice vinegar, fish sauce, grated ginger, garlic, hot sauce, red curry powder, and red curry paste in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Puncture flank steak several times with a fork and place in the vinegar mixture. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place steak on the grill and basil on top of steak. Grill steak for 6 minutes. Remove basil, turn meat over, and place basil back on top of steak. Cook the steak until it begins to firm and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 6 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 37.4 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 21.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 1219.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
DEVIL'S STEAK SAUCE
A brilliant steak sauce that really brings out the flavor of any type of grilled steak. It's best with eye fillet or Scotch steaks. Raspberry jam is the wildly inventive twist that really makes this sauce unique.
Provided by Bernard Montgomerie
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a saucepan over high heat, blend raspberry jam, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, malt vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 232.2 mg, Sugar 14 g
BEEF TENDERLOIN STEAKS WITH CHILI SAUCE
- Place both chilies and plum tomato in heavy medium skillet. Toast over medium-high heat until chilies are fragrant and deepen in color and tomato turns black in spots, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool. Stem, seed and tear chilies into small pieces. Chop tomato. Place chilies, tomato and 1 cup water in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chilies are tender, about 10 minutes. Puree chili mixture in blender until smooth.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add 1 cup chicken stock and beef stock, then wine; boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Stir in chili puree, butter and rosemary; simmer 1 minute. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Bring sauce to simmer, thinning with more chicken stock if necessary. Place 1 steak on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 cup sauce. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
- *Available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
NEW MEXICO RED CHILE SAUCE
Red chile is a staple of the New Mexican and West Texan diet, and this recipe is my grandmother's recipe. When I make it, it reminds me of the smells of her cooking in her kitchen, fresh corn tortillas, beans, and red chile peppers. You can kick up the spiciness by adding more arbol chile pods.
Provided by Cookincwgrl
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Coat the bottom of a heavy saucepan with oil; add chile pods. Toast over medium heat until aromatic, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add enough chicken stock to allow pods to float; simmer until they develop the texture of wet leather, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fill blender halfway with chile-stock mixture. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a bowl; repeat with remaining mixture. Strain sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a saucepan over medium heat. Discard solids.
- Stir cumin, coriander, and oregano into the saucepan; add honey. Cook until sauce is thick and evenly coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.9 calories, Carbohydrate 52.3 g, Cholesterol 0.7 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 711.9 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
GRILLED RED CHILI STEAK
This super-simple recipe turns regular steak into a mouthwatering entree. I like it best with ground ancho chili powder and a little salsa on the side. -Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the first 7 ingredients; rub over steak., Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 269mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "incorrect steak with dixon red chili sauce recipes"
CHILI SAUCE RECIPE
STEAK WITH THREE-CHILE SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
INCORRECT STEAK WITH DIXON RED CHILI SAUCE RECIPE RECIPE
A1 STEAK SAUCE CHILI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY FOODS | THE BEST OF | FOOD NETWORK
BEST EVER BEST STEAK CHILI (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS …
YOUR SUMMER GRILLING SECRET WEAPON: RED CHILI STEAK SAUCE
GRILLED RED CHILI STEAK RECIPE
DIXON CHILI KANSAS CITY MENU - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
JACK DANIELS STEAK SAUCE RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED STEAK WITH NEW MEXICAN CHILE RUB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DIXON'S FAMOUS CHILI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FLANK STEAK WITH CHILI SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHILI SAUCE SWISS STEAK RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RED BEEF CHILI - USING PIECES OF STEAK INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF!
STEAK CHILI - DAMN DELICIOUS
STEAK CHILI RECIPE
RED CHILE HOT SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DIXON CHILI KANSAS CITY RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRILLED STEAKS WITH RED CHILE SAUCE- WIKIFOODHUB
LAS PALMAS RED CHILE SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SPICE UP YOUR STEAK WITH THIS THYME RED WINE SAUCE | DIXON, CA …
RED BEEF CHILI RECIPE (TWO YEARS NATIONAL CHAMPION RECIPE)
VENISON STEAKS WITH FIERY RED CHILE SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
RED CHILI SAUCE RECIPE
PASILLA CHILE SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
DIXON CHILI KANSAS CITY RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
THE DEFINITIVE RED CHILE SAUCE RECIPE!
INCORRECT STEAK WITH DIXON RED CHILI SAUCE – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the difference between Heinz chili sauce and Heinz ketchup?The main difference between Heinz chili sauce and Heinz ketchup is in the recipe; the chili sauce contains onions as opposed to onion powder, and the aromatic spices are a little different too – giving it a slightly more spicy kick. What is the difference between Heinz Chili Sauce and ketchup?
How to cook steak in a crock pot with sauce?Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Bring sauce to simmer, thinning with more chicken stock if necessary. Place 1 steak on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 cup sauce. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
What can you use Heinz chili sauce for?Chili sauce is similar to ketchup and can be used in the same way, but it’s spicier so it has a delicious warmth to each bite. As chili sauce is a condiment it can be used on any egg dish including but not limited to omelettes, scrambled eggs, fried eggs. Also great spooned on burgers and other sandwiches. How long is Heinz chili sauce good for?
How do you prepare chili sauce for a pot roast?Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add 1 cup chicken stock and beef stock, then wine; boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Stir in chili puree, butter and rosemary; simmer 1 minute. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead.