PANZANELLA: TRADITIONAL ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD
A traditional Italian bread and tomato salad with olive oil and vinegar.
Provided by Christina Conte
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the bread into a serving bowl which will accommodate the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle with the salt, drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar and toss again, until well mixed.
- Leave for a few minutes so that the juice can soak into the bread cubes, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 21 grams fat, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 1152 grams sodium, Sugar 17 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams unsaturated fat
PANZANELLA (ITALIAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD)
Panzanella is a classic tomato and bread salad from Tuscany. Bursting with ripe tomatoes, cucumber and basil, it's hard to think of a salad that screams "summer" any louder. Chunks of lightly toasted bread meanwhile bring delicious texture and some heft to the salad, making it filling enough for lunch or a light meal.Be warned, this salad demands the very best tomatoes! If you don't have juicy tomatoes, don't make this. Make another salad instead!And though some Italians may tell you toasting bread is not the traditional way to make Panzanella, don't skip it. That is, unless you WANT unidentifiable white mush in your bowl within minutes of making this!
Provided by Nagi
Categories Side Salad
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F (160°C fan).
- Toss bread chunks with 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl.
- Toast: Spread bread on a a tray and toast for about 15 minutes, until the outside is becoming golden and crunchy but the inside is still a little soft, like toast. Remove and leave to cool.
- Cut tomato into 8 wedges each. Cut some of these wedges into half (I like irregular shapes for this rustic salad).
- Sweat tomato with salt: Put tomatoes into a colander over a large bowl. Season with the salt, toss and set aside for 10 minutes to draw out the juices. RESERVE the tomato juice in the bowl for the dressing.
- Cut cucumber into any shaped chunks aroun 2.5cm / 1" pieces. Again, I like to do irregular but even-sized shapes.
- Toss veg: Place tomato sweating in colander into large bowl. Add cucumber and basil, toss gently.
- Tomato Dressing: Add Dressing ingredients into bowl holding the tomato juice, whisk well.
- Dress salad: Add bread to salad, pour over dressing. Give it a light toss.
- Rest then serve: Leave for 5 minutes to let the juices soak into the bread, tossing once or twice. Toss once more just before serving!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 32 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 972 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, UnsaturatedFat 27 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PANZANELLA (TUSCAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD)
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, bread, and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and oil. Pour the dressing over the bread salad and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add the basil and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Serve.
TUSCAN TOMATO & BREAD SALAD
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the tomatoes and mozzarella in a large bowl. Put the garlic, mustard, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 1-cup glass measuring cup and slowly whisk in the 1/2 cup of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil in a large (12-inch) saute pan until hot but not smoking. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Saute over medium to medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the bread is evenly browned and crisp. Add the warm bread to the tomatoes and mozzarella. Add enough of the vinaigrette to moisten all the ingredients. Add the basil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss carefully, adding more vinaigrette if necessary. Serve at room temperature.
PANZANELLA (ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD)
Make and share this Panzanella (Italian Bread and Tomato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Julie Bs Hive
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a serving bowl stir together the bread, the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, oil, vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper to taste until the salad is combined well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.3, Fat 30.8, SaturatedFat 4.6, Sodium 454.8, Carbohydrate 45.6, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 8.3, Protein 9.4
PANZANELLA (ITALIAN BREAD SALAD)
Why throw away the rest of that good, dense loaf you picked up at the bakery the other day? This is what the Italians do with day-old (or older) bread. Simply delicious!!!
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic and basil.
- Drizzle with the 1/2 cup olive oil and the 3 tblsps vinegar, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Place half of the bread in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Spoon half of the tomato mixture over the bread.
- Layer the remaining bread on top and then the remaining tomato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the salad and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- If the bread seems dry, add a little oil or vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD
Provided by Marian Burros
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings, appetizer
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch thick slices, then break up or cut up into 1/2-inch cubes. Place into large serving bowl.
- Wash and trim tomatoes, and cut in quarters. Squeeze juice from tomatoes over the bread; then, dice the tomatoes in 1/2-inch cubes and stir into bread.
- Scrub and trim cucumber, and slice thinly. Cut slices into match-sticks, and add to bowl.
- Finely mince onion, and add. Drizzle oil and vinegar over ingredients, and mix well to moisten bread and meld ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 416, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 675 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD
While "bread salad" may sound unusual, you'll find that this blend from Joan Gwynn of Watsonville, California is unusually good. A simple dressing jazzes up a medley of bread cubes, tomatoes, basil and red onion.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, basil and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 343mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
ITALIAN BREAD SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES AND TOMATOES
This is my variation of panzanella. Each ingredient having its own intense flavor, when combined, creates an explosive salad. Perfect for a summer day.
Provided by Debra
Categories Salad Vegetable Salad Recipes Tomato Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper on a large baking sheet until evenly coated; spread mixture into a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer toasted bread to a large bowl and mix with strawberries, tomatoes, feta cheese, and onion. Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey in a small bowl; drizzle over bread and tomato salad. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.2 calories, Carbohydrate 52.3 g, Cholesterol 6.3 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 9.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 717.4 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
MID-SUMMER ITALIAN BREAD SALAD
Everything in this salad is fresh, except the bread! Prepare this salad by using a loaf of artisan bread or rosemary bread that is a touch stale. If your bread is too fresh, toast it until it is about half as dried and crunchy as a crouton.
Provided by Tamara
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rub a peeled clove of garlic around a wooden salad bowl.
- Pull apart or chop the bread into bite-size pieces.
- In the prepared salad bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, garlic, basil and thyme. Add enough olive oil and vinegar to lightly coat, toss and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.2 calories, Carbohydrate 65.6 g, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 11.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 670.7 mg, Sugar 5 g
TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD
- Toss together the tomatoes, red onion, and oregano in a large serving bowl. Break the taralli into 1-inch pieces, and add to the bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil, and season with the salt.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, to moisten the taralli with the dressing and tomato juices. Toss with the shredded basil just before serving.
More about "italian bread and tomato salad recipes"
ITALIAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALADS - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
ITALIAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 10 minsCategory SidesCalories 490 per serving
ITALIAN TOMATO SALAD - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
ITALIAN TOMATO & BREAD SALAD - MY LOVELY LITTLE LUNCH BOX
ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD (PANZANELLA) - THE ...
PANZANELLA (TUSCAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD) RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PANZANELLA (ITALIAN TOMATO & BREAD SALAD) | MOORLANDS EATER
ITALIAN TOMATO SALAD (INSALATA DI POMODORI) - MARICRUZ ...
PANZANELLA SALAD (ITALIAN TOMATO & BREAD SALAD)
FRISELLE BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD | ITALY MAGAZINE
RECIPE: ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
ITALIAN BREAD SALAD (PANZANELLA) - BIANCA ZAPATKA | RECIPES
ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD - ALIVE MAGAZINE
ITALIAN BREAD SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER SUMMER SALAD RECIPES
ITALIAN TOMATO BREAD SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD - LIDIA
HOW TO MAKE PANZANELLA (ITALIAN BREAD SALAD) - RECIPE | KITCHN
CLASSIC PANZANELLA SALAD (TUSCAN-STYLE TOMATO AND BREAD ...
PANZANELLA (ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD) - BOWL OF ...
TOMATO BREAD SALAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ITALIAN TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - HAPPY MEDITERRANEAN LIFE
ITALIAN TOMATO BREAD SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
10-MIN BURRATA WITH TOMATO, BASIL & PROSCIUTTO | THE ...
GRILLED ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD | RECIPES | WW USA
BEST PANZANELLA RECIPE (TUSCAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD ...
TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD RECIPE
ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD - CHERYL WIXSON'S KITCHEN ...
CLASSIC ITALIAN PASTA SALAD RECIPE | ALL THINGS MAMMA
ITALIAN BREAD-AND-TOMATO SALAD - VEGKITCHEN
PANZANELLA: ITALIAN BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD - CILANTRO AND ...
PANZANELLA SALAD - A CLASSIC ITALIAN TOMATO AND BREAD ...
ITALIAN TOMATO AND BREAD SOUP (PAPPA AL POMODORO) RECIPE ...
ITALIAN BREAD WITH TOMATO APPETIZERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN BREAD & TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PANZANELLA: TOMATO, BREAD AND BASIL SALAD RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love