SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE
Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce is beefy, juicy and so satisfying. This Meat Sauce recipe comes together fast so it is perfect for busy weeknights, and it's freezer friendly.
Provided by Natasha Kravchuk
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place a pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add 1 lb ground beef and sautee, breaking it up with a spatula until no longer pink (5 minutes).
- Add chopped onion, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/4 tsp pepper and sautee until onions are soft.
- Add garlic and sautee another 1-2 minutes until fragrant then pour in 1 jar of marinara sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1 tsp sugar. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook 12 oz of spaghetti in salted water to desired doneness according to package instructions then drain. Serve sauce with cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 17 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Sodium 777 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN STYLE
- In a large non-stick sauce pot, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Crumble ground beef into pot (approximately 1 inch pieces). Brown beef, stirring occasionally (I was always taught to stir constantly but this makes your beef gray, let it brown on bottom and only stir occasionally) and breaking up beef as you stir, until cooked through. Drain ground beef, reserving 1 Tbsp fat in pot. Place browned beef in a food processor and pulse until finely ground, about 10 - 15 seconds, set aside.
- Saute carrot and onion in reserved fat over medium high heat until golden, about 4 minutes, adding in garlic during the last minute of sauteing. Remove from heat (this will reduce splattering) and stir in 2 cans crushed Roma tomatoes, remaining 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, sage, bay leaves, salt, pepper and browned beef. Return pot to low heat and simmer uncovered, 5 - 8 hours (yes minimum of 5 hours), stirring occasionally.
- Add broth to sauce to thin sauce if desired (at about 4 hours sauce will be pretty thick so if you want it any thinner just add broth to desired consistency. Also, once it reaches the thickness you want you can cover it with a lid to reduce further condensation). Remove bay leaves and serve sauce warm over pasta garnished with grated cheeses and additional chopped fresh parsley or basil if desired.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
PASTA AND EASY ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE
Here is an easy dinner recipe. This Pasta and Italian Meat Sauce doesn't need to cook for a long time to be delicious. The spaghetti sauce is based on the famed Ragu alla Bolognese (sauce in the style of Bologna). The addition of milk might seem unusual, but it's traditional in northern Italy-where butter and cream, as well as milk, are essential to the cuisine.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium. Stir in carrot, onion, and garlic. Add ground beef, and cook until it turns from pink to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, crushing them with the back of a large spoon. Stir in milk, bay leaf, thyme, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until al dente according to package instructions, about 12 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain fettuccine, and return to the warm pot. Add meat sauce, and toss. Add pasta water as needed if the sauce seems dry. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan.
ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE WITH HALF THE MEAT
It's been a long time since I have made tomato sauce with meat, and this one transported me back to the first recipe I learned to make. I called it spaghetti sauce, and it was a simple tomato sauce with ground beef. It didn't taste that much different from this sauce, which has only a quarter pound of meat in it - but that is all it needs to have a rich flavor and a meaty texture. The mushroom base is a perfect stand-in for half the meat; you could double the amount for a vegetarian sauce.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 3 cups, or enough for 9 pasta servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large, deep skillet or casserole heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes, and add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds, and turn heat up to medium-high. Add ground beef or veal and brown for about 5 minutes, stirring. Add cinnamon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in roasted mushroom mix, tomatoes, sugar, oregano and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a rapid bubble over medium-high heat. Turn heat down to medium, cover partially if sauce is spluttering too much, and simmer, stirring often, until thick and fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with pasta, figuring on 1/3 cup per 3-ounce serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 113, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 590 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
OLD WORLD ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
This is a great old world Family recipe. Its also great with italian sausage,or meatballs. Just stir often while cooking when using meats.
Provided by FarahC
Yield 12-14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large stockpot on low-med heat add your olive oil and saute your onions for about 4 minutes,then add your crushed garlic,cook for 2 minutes longer. Then add your water,and tomato products. Be sure to mix everything very well.Add in your spices,and cheese. cook for 2 1/2 hours covered.Then add in your wine, and cook 30 minutes longer. Sauce will be thin on first day.Also if you use meat it will alter thickness.The second day this turns into a nice thick sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.6, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 1.8, Sodium 647.1, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 9.7, Protein 5.5
MEATY SPAGHETTI SAUCE
My homemade spaghetti sauce got rave reviews, but it was so time-consuming to make on the stovetop. My family loves this flavorful slow-cooker version. -Arlene Sommers, Redmond, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and sausage until no longer pink, 10-12 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste, sugar and seasonings., Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti. Garnish with parmesan if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 1119mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH MEATBALLS
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 1492.5 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE
This robust home-style pasta sauce from Candi Johnsen of West Plains, Missouri tastes just as good after it's been frozen.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, mushrooms, olives if desired and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness. , Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti; or cool, cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 851mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
OLD ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE
- In a large skillet, brown beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until tender; add about 1/2 cup of wine; mix well.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary, oregano and thyme to skillet and add another 1/2 cup wine; saute until tender.
- Add browned meat, tomato sauce and tomato paste to mixture; simmer for 1 hour and add the remaining 2 cups of wine.
- Simmer sauce on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally; serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Cholesterol 50.8 mg, Fat 16.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 15.2 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 788.1 mg, Sugar 11.4 g
SLOW-COOKER MEATY ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
If you've been searching for "the one," that is a reliably delicious spaghetti sauce that will please the family, freeze well and get better overnight, we humbly suggest this recipe. No hard-to-find ingredients here, just everything you'd expect to be in a basic red sauce. Before stewing to perfection in your slow cooker, this sauce does require a crucial couple minutes of skillet time. Taking the 15 minutes to brown Italian sausage and onions to golden-brown perfection doesn't just bring out the best in these ingredients, it also leads to a sauce that's considerably more delicious than it would be otherwise. And after you do it, it's just a matter of tossing all the ingredients into the pot and letting them simmer together into a rich and savory red gravy!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage, onions, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Spoon sausage mixture into cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 450 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
ITALIAN SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE
- Heat olive oil in a heavy sauce pan.
- Sauté garlic and onion, until onion is transparent.
- Then add bay leaf, ground meat, cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, water and tomato paste, tomato sauce.
- Add all the spices and then lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer, uncovered for 1 to 2 hours or til sauce is desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf and then add brown sugar to taste.
- Note: If you use ground turkey use two beef cubes or two teaspoons of beef soup base (use no salt).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.7, Fat 16.3, SaturatedFat 5.1, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 1003.4, Carbohydrate 17, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 9.7, Protein 17
SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE AUTHENTIC ITALIAN STYLE
- In a large non-stick sauce pot, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Crumble ground beef into pot (approximately 1 inch pieces). Brown beef, stirring occasionally (I was always taught to stir constantly but this makes your beef gray, let it brown on bottom and only stir occasionally) and breaking up beef as you stir, until cooked through. Drain ground beef, reserving 1 Tbsp fat in pot. Place browned beef in a food processor and pulse until finely ground, about 10 - 15 seconds, set aside. Saute carrot and onion in reserved fat over medium high heat until golden, about 4 minutes, adding in garlic during the last minute of sauteing. Remove from heat (this will reduce splattering) and stir in 2 cans crushed Roma tomatoes, remaining 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, sage, bay leaves, salt, pepper and browned beef. Return pot to low heat and simmer uncovered, 5 - 8 hours (yes minimum of 5 hours), stirring occasionally. Add broth to sauce to thin sauce if desired (at about 4 hours sauce will be pretty thick so if you want it any thinner just add broth to desired consistency. Also, once it reaches the thickness you want you can cover it with a lid to reduce further condensation). Remove bay leaves and serve sauce warm over pasta garnished with grated cheeses and additional chopped fresh parsley or basil if desired.
More about "italian spaghetti meat sauce recipes"
CLASSIC HEARTY ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE - HOMEMADE …
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan on medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break it into small chunks while it is cooking. Continue to do this until it is all cooked through and you no longer see any pink. Drain the grease.
- Add the onion, pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Stir regularly and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the onions and peppers are tender.
- Let the sauce simmer for 45-60 minutes. Stir the sauce regularly, scraping the bottom of the saucepan to ensure nothing is sticking or burning.
SPAGHETTI SAUCE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (503)Calories 140 per servingCategory Main Dishes
ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE | MCCORMICK
BEST EVER HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE
QUICK AND EASY SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
NICK'S AUTHENTIC ITALIAN SPAGHETTI - FAVORITE FAMILY …
BEST EVER SPAGHETTI AND MEAT SAUCE - THE BUSY BAKER
THE MOST DELICIOUS ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE - THE GENETIC CHEF
NANA’S BEST MEAT SAUCE (WITH SPAGHETTI) RECIPE
ITALIAN SAUCE RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
BEST SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE RECIPE – NINA KNEADS TO BAKE
ITALIAN TOMATO MEAT SAUCE - NO PLATE LIKE HOME
ULTIMATE ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE FOR PASTA - WHERE IS MY SPOON
EASY HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE: READY IN UNDER 30 MINUTES
ITALIAN AMERICAN MEAT SAUCE - LIDIA
SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE (EASY TO MAKE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
CLASSIC ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI (CLASSIC RECIPE, WITH MEAT SAUCE) | KITCHN
CLASSIC ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE RECIPE — THE MOM 100
SPAGHETTI SAUCE (EASY ITALIAN RECIPE WITH 6 INGREDIENTS)
ITALIAN STYLE MEAT SAUCE | MCCORMICK
GREAT GRANDMA'S PASTA SAUCE - BEST ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE RECIPE
EASY 20 MINUTE PASTA ALLA GRICIA - JO COOKS
TONE’S® ITALIAN SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE - THE REAL KITCHEN
HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE GRANDMA WILL APPROVE
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI AND MEAT SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
LIST OF 19 MOST POPULAR ITALIAN PASTA SAUCES - UNLIMITED RECIPES
SPAGHETTI AND HOMEMADE MEAT SAUCE - ZONA COOKS
CLASSIC ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
THE BEST AUTHENTIC ITALIAN MEATBALLS (WITH SAUCE RECIPE!)
HOMEMADE MEAT SAUCE - CULINARY HILL
FETTUCCINE AND MEAT SAUCE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
CLASSIC ITALIAN RAGU RECIPE (MEAT SAUCE) - CUCINABYELENA
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI AND MEAT SAUCE - SAUCEPROCLUB.COM
AUTHENTIC BOLOGNESE SAUCE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #sauces #condiments-etc #american #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love