MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES
This recipe can also be made as one large pie: Use a nine-inch pie pan and half of the pie dough recipe; freeze the remaining dough for a later use.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes six 4 1/2-inch pies
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to an 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into six 7-inch-diameter circles; place in six 4 1/2-inch pie pans. Crimp edges, and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator, and prick bottoms of shells with a fork.
- Line piecrusts with parchment paper, and fill shells with dried beans, rice, or pie weights. Transfer to oven; bake until edges begin to turn brown, about 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Continue baking until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Sift together 1 1/4 cups sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Stir in 2 cups water, and mix until smooth; set aside.
- In a nonreactive saucepan, combine lemon juice, 5 egg yolks, and pinch of salt. Set over medium heat, and stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil, about 14 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the lemon zest and butter. Pour filling into a bowl, and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Pour lemon filling into the six piecrusts. Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat broiler. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a simmer. Combine 7 egg whites, the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in bowl of an electric mixer. Hold bowl over simmering water; whisk until the mixture is warm and the sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Return bowl to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat until stiff peaks form. Using an offset spatula, spread each pie with meringue so the filling is covered and the meringue touches the edges of the piecrusts. Transfer pies to broiler, and lightly brown the meringue, watching constantly, 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from broiler, and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Serve.
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the 3 yolks in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk 3/4 cup of sugar with cornstarch and flour in a saucepan until thoroughly mixed; beat in the water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to a simmer. Add the egg yolks and butter, and mix with the whisk until the filling is smooth and thickened; remove from heat. Spoon the hot lemon filling into the mini graham cracker crusts.
- Beat the egg whites in a metal or glass bowl with 1/4 cup of sugar and the almond extract with an electric mixer until the meringue is fluffy and holds stiff peaks, 1 to 2 minutes. Top each lemon pie with about 1 inch of the meringue and spread into decorative swirls and peaks with a spatula. Cover all the lemon filling with meringue.
- Bake in preheated oven until the meringue is lightly golden brown with darker brown peaks and swirls, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Carbohydrate 54.7 g, Cholesterol 98.1 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 200.4 mg, Sugar 40 g
LITTLE LEMON MERINGUE PIES
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Roll out pastry and use to line 8 x 10cm fluted loose-bottomed tart cases, leaving a little pastry overhanging. Prick the cases with a fork and bake blind for 20 mins (removing the paper and beans after 15 mins) until pale golden brown. Set aside to cool. When cool, use a serrated knife to neatly level the pastry.
- Meanwhile, put the zest, juice, butter and 225g sugar into a large heavy-based pan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves, then remove the pan from the heat. Beat the whole eggs and yolks together, then stir into the pan. Stir over a low heat for 5-10 mins until thickened. Sieve into a bowl, then spoon into the cases. Any leftover curd will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Whisk the egg whites with 50g sugar in a grease-free bowl until stiff peaks form. Whisk in the vinegar, then gradually whisk in the remaining sugar. 4 Put a good dollop of meringue on top of each tart, then dip a palette knife in hot water and make little peaks on each. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins or until just browned on top. Allow to cool, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 71 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 48 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.53 milligram of sodium
MINI LEMON MERINGUE TARTS
These lemon tarts have a light-textured filling and aren't overly sweet. This is a great recipe if you have left over buttermilk to use up. A nice, quick tart made even quicker if you use frozen tart shells. Store tarts in the refrigerator once called.
Provided by Leslie O'Ray-Curnew
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange tart shells on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven; leave oven on.
- Whisk egg yolks, 3/4 cup sugar, butter, lemon juice, and zest together in a medium bowl. Whisk in buttermilk. Add flour and salt; whisk well.
- Pour filling into the tart shells, filling them almost to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling rises and appears set, about 15 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid overcooking.
- Prepare meringue while the tarts are baking. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until frothy. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cream of tartar; continue beating until meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Top baked tarts with meringue. Ensure that you press the meringue down to form a seal around the edges.
- Return tarts to oven and bake until meringue starts to brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 33.1 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 91.6 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES ARE PERFECT INDIVIDUAL DESSERT OPTIONS
- For the lemon curd: Combine the sugar, butter and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook until the butter melts. Stir in the eggs until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and creamy, 5 to 7 minutes. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- For the crust: Combine the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Pour in the melted butter and pulse to combine.
- For the meringue: Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl with a mixer until frothy. Beat in the cream of tartar. Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. With the mixer running, add the sugar mixture to the egg whites a little at a time and beat until the egg whites form stiff peaks, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble, sprinkle a few tablespoons of the crust mixture into the bottom of eight 4-ounce heatproof bowls or ramekins. Scoop about 1/3 cup lemon curd into each. Top each with a few spoonfuls of the meringue. Use a kitchen torch to brown the meringue.
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES
These are just perfect for a light dinner party dessert! And totally simple. You could also fill with lemon curd, or Top N Fill for a caramel twist. I think this is from the Sydney Morning Herald?
Provided by Chickee
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut a dozen 10cm circles from pastry and line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin. Prick the bases and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden, then cool.
- Whisk yolks, condensed milk, zest and juice in a bowl and set aside to thicken.
- In another bowl, beat whites to form soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, still beating, until you have a thick and glossy "meringue".
- Spoon the lemon filling into the pastry cases and top each with meringue, creating little peaks by drawing the spoon up.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.4, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 42.3, Sodium 215, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 26.8, Protein 5.6
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES
These cute little pies look so impresssive and are perfect to wow guests at a dinner party. The sweet lemon filling is what makes these bite sized delights disapper in seconds. But don't be put off be their apperance.. they are incredibley easy to make. You can make the lemon filling and pie cases ahead of time but the meringue topping is best done no more than a few hours before serving.
Provided by Brittney_B
Yield 36 pies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make the lemon filling, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and flours in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir yolks, butter and zest into the mixture until butter is completely melted and then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Lightly grease three 12-hole, mini muffin pans. Using a 6.5cm round cutter, cut 9 rounds from each pastry sheet. Use pastry to line muffin holes until you have 36. Place pans in freezer for 10 minutes or until pastry is firm. Bake pastry cases for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven. Spoon 1 teaspoon of lemon filling into each pastry case.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until meringue is thick and glossy. Spoon the meringue into a piping bag and pipe meringue over top of lemon filling in a swirl that comes to a peak. Bake for 5 minutes or until meringue is set and just starting to brown at the top. Cool completely in pans before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 11, Sodium 116.7, Carbohydrate 16.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 6.6, Protein 1.9
PIE DOUGH FOR MINI LEMON-MERINGUE PIES
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter and shortening; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/4 cup ice water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube, pulsing, until mixture holds together. If necessary, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough holds together when squeezed. Form dough into a ball; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten into a disk; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
More about "mini lemon meringue pies recipes"
LEMON MERINGUE PIE MINIS - HAPPY HOUR PROJECTS
MILE-HIGH LEMON MERINGUE MINI PIES RECIPE
EASY LEMON MERINGUE PIE (FOR TWO) - ZONA COOKS
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES » ALLFOOD.RECIPES
EASY LEMON MERINGUE PIE (MINIS) - KYLEE COOKS
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 102 per serving
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES | DESSERT | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - WAITROSE
LEMON MERINGUE PIE (WITH VIDEO) | HOW TO FEED A LOON
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES RECIPE | ODLUMS
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES | TIDYMOM.NET
THE BEST REAL LEMON PIE RECIPE - SUGAR AND CHARM
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES WITH PHYLLO SHELLS - BARAN BAKERY
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - PINCH ME, I'M EATING
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
UPSIDE-DOWN MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES RECIPE - PUREWOW
BEST-EVER LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
LEMON MERINGUE MINI PIES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - SOMEWHAT SIMPLE
IRRISISTIBLE MATCHA MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - TEA CACHAI
MINI LEMON MERINGUE TARTS - A BAKING JOURNEY
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - BEYOND THE BUTTER
EASY MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIE WITH JUST 3 INGREDIENTS
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
LEMON MERINGUE PIE | MY BAKING ADDICTION
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES RECIPE | DR. OETKER
MINI MILE-HIGH LEMON MERINGUE PIES - HOLLYBBAKING.COM
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES RECIPE - ENTIRELY ELIZABETH
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - BAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES : 5 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES - RECIPES
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIE - HOMEMADE IN THE KITCHEN
HEALTHY MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES – SWEAT
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIE - BITE SIZED DESSERT RECIPE
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIES RECIPE FROM @KONDITORANDCOOK
MINI LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE — EATWELL101
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pies-and-tarts #tarts #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #oven #dinner-party #vegetarian #pies #eggs #freezer #stove-top #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #citrus #lemon #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love