JEWISH HONEY CAKE
Traditional honey cake, made for Rosh Hashanah to ensure a sweet New Year but also prepared by honey-cake lovers for special occasions.
Provided by Steve P.
Yield 1 Ten inch tube pan, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Place the eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind, oil, honey and coffee in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix on low speed until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, sugar and cinnamon with a fork until mixed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture, mixing for about 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Fold in the slivered almonds.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.2, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 304.5, Carbohydrate 70.5, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 41.3, Protein 6.4
Rosh Hashanah's favorite dessert gets its sweetness from golden honey and it's depth of flavor from fall spices like cinnamon and allspice. Serve with cinnamon ice cream for an especially decadent start to the New Year.
Provided by Jodi Luber
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round or 8 x 8 baking pan. Line with wax paper. Set aside.
- In medium bowl or with electric mixer, beat sugar, egg yolks and honey until well beaten and combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together, flour, baking power, baking soda and spices. Alternately add flour mix and coffee to egg and sugar mixture. Stir until well combined. Add in nuts.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for one hour or until a tooth pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
MOIST HOLIDAY HONEYCAKE
Spiced fragrant honey cake is a tradition on Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year, which generally falls in September). Unfortunately, most honey cakes turn out to be dry, brick-like things, inedible except with a hot beverage. Some call honey cake the fruitcake of the Jewish people. BUT NOT THIS ONE! This cake is genuinely moist and yummy. It will serve about 12 guests at a holiday meal, but I promise that your family will chisel away at it until it's gone before the morning comes.
Provided by Amybobamy
Categories Desserts Specialty Dessert Recipes Liqueur Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place an oven shelf in an upper position in oven, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt® pan) with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the unbleached flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, honey, white and brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, coffee, orange juice, and whiskey. With an electric mixer, beat the flour mixture into the honey mixture just until the batter is thoroughly incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake on upper shelf in the preheated oven until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out with moist crumbs, about 1 hour. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan before turning the cake out onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.5 calories, Carbohydrate 87.3 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 308.7 mg, Sugar 58.1 g
JEWISH HONEY CAKE
This simple honey cake, also known as 'lekach', is a must-have sweet treat when celebrating the Jewish New Year, or Rosh Hashanah. It's best made a few days ahead, as the spicing and texture improve as it matures
Provided by Victoria Prever
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin. Warm the oil, golden syrup, honey and sugar in a small pan to dissolve the sugar. Stir to combine, then leave to cool. Add the tea and beaten eggs.
- Lightly whisk the flour, baking powder, spices and a pinch of salt in a large bowl to combine. Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients, using a whisk or wooden spoon, until combined and lump-free.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and sprinkle with the almonds, if you like. Bake for 50-55 mins, until the cake springs back when gently pressed and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Don't open the oven for the first 45 mins of baking.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin on a wire rack. Wrap well and keep for three to four days before eating, so the flavour can improve. Cut into nine squares to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 24 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
JEWISH HONEY CAKE (PARVE)
Posted for Zaar World Tour-Jewish. This recipe was found on a Jewish recipe website. Parve is a Jewish term for all foods that don't fit into the meat or dairy catagories. These foods may be consumed freely with either meat or dairy.
Provided by Bayhill
Yield 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray two 9" x 5" loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottoms with brown paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, honey, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, sift together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Add the sifted, dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Add coffee, apple and raisins. Mix well.
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans. Bake in a 350ºF for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3196.3, Fat 122.2, SaturatedFat 17.8, Cholesterol 423, Sodium 975.3, Carbohydrate 502.1, Fiber 12.9, Sugar 291.1, Protein 41.7
GRANDMA SADIE'S HONEY CAKE
Honey cake is a traditional recipe for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year. This recipe was found by my husband's aunt on a hand-written note - we think it belonged to his great-grandmother. I think the old recipes are the best! Some measurements have been converted from pounds for more modern conventions.
Provided by Dinah Berch
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a two 8-inch baking dishes.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix honey into creamed butter-egg mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a separate bowl. Slowly mix flour mixture, alternating with the coffee, into honey mixture until batter is just mixed. Fold almonds and raisins into batter; add orange zest, vanilla extract, and cinnamon into batter. Pour batter into the prepared baking dishes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.2 calories, Carbohydrate 59.3 g, Cholesterol 38.5 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 234.1 mg, Sugar 36.3 g
More about "jewish honey cake recipes"
“LEKACH”—HONEY CAKE - CAKES - KOSHER RECIPE - CHABAD
HONEY CAKE BISCOTTI - JEWISH FOOD EXPERIENCE
HONEY CAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HONEY CAKE FOR ROSH HASHANAH | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
TISHPISHTI (SYRUPED HONEY NUT CAKE) - JEWISH FOOD …
HONEY CAKE - BROWN EYED BAKER
PLANT-BASED JEWISH HONEY CAKE | RECIPE
HONEY CAKE FOR ROSH HASHANAH | MY JEWISH LEARNING
JEWISH HONEY CAKE IS SOFT, SWEET AND NON DAIRY.
5/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine EuropeanEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Preheat oven to 340F. Line the bottom of 9" loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the sided.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, place the sugar and eggs and mix on medium speed for few minutes until the mix is lighter in color. 4-5 minutes
JEWISH HONEY CAKE ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
HONEY CAKE - A JEWISH CELEBRATION CAKE - THE PASSIONATE PANTRY
HONEY CAKE FOR THE JEWISH NEW YEAR - MSK
SHANA TOVA HONEY CAKE APRON COLORING PROJECT | AT JEWISH-CRAFTS
DATE HONEY NUT CAKE - EASY LOAF CAKE, MOIST AND TENDER
SPICED ISRAELI HONEY DATE CAKE: THE ISRAEL FOREVER FOUNDATION
THE BEST HONEY CAKE RECIPE FOR ROSH HASHANAH | EPICURIOUS
HONEY CAKE RECIPE - JEWISH CARE
HONEY CAKE - UNPACKED
JEWISH HONEY CAKE - EATS BY THE BEACH
JEWISH HONEYCAKE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
HONEY CAKE RECIPE ROUNDUP | JEWISHBOSTON
SPICED HONEY CAKE RECIPE FOR JEWISH NEW YEAR - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGAN JEWISH HONEY CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
JEWISH HONEY CAKE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
23 TRADITIONAL JEWISH DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
QUICK HONEY CAKE | REFORM JUDAISM
JEWISH HONEY CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
BUBBY'S HONEY CAKE | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
CLASSIC HONEY CAKE - CAKES - KOSHER RECIPE - CHABAD
HONEY CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY MOIST HONEY CAKE RECIPE | PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
PLANT-BASED JEWISH HONEY CAKE - JEWISH FOOD HERO KITCHEN
HONEY CAKE | REFORM JUDAISM
LEKACH JEWISH HONEY CAKE ROSH HASHANAH @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
HONEY CAKE | INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIANS AND JEWS
THE BEST HONEY CAKE RECIPE | MOIST AND DELICIOUS!
HONEY CAKE - JAMIE GELLER
THE HISTORY OF HONEY CAKE | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH LEARNING
HONEY APPLE CAKE RECIPE FOR ROSH HASHANAH - TORI AVEY
REDIRECTION PAGE - BROWSERDEFAULTS.MICROSOFT.COM
ZINGERMAN'S HONEY CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #jewish-sephardi #desserts #fruit #asian #jewish-ashkenazi #middle-eastern #oven #european #holiday-event #cakes #nuts #rosh-hashana #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love