SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
- In a small saucepan, boil or steam asparagus in enough water to cover until tender; chop and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to full boil, place the pasta in the pot and return to a rolling boil; cook until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat until the garlic is golden brown.
- Place butter and lemon juice in the saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted. Place the shrimp in the saucepan and cook until the shrimp turns pink. Place the mushrooms and asparagus into the saucepan, cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Toss the shrimp and vegetable mixture with the egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652.7 calories, Carbohydrate 45.4 g, Cholesterol 198.7 mg, Fat 42.2 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 18.3 g, Sodium 339.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SKILLET
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and garlic.
- Trim off the tough bottoms of the asparagus, and then cut into 2-inch spears.
- Heat a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shallots, stir and cook until tender and fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp in one layer to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, not moving the shrimp.
- Flip shrimp over and cook until just cooked through 1 minute. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Once hot add the asparagus spears and saute until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, cook until warmed through, 1 minute.
- Season shrimp and asparagus skillet with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
JUMBO SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS
Got this recipe from another online site and love the combo of shrimp and asparagus, add the ginger and what's not to like. I do add garlic and some chopped shallots to the mix to but as the original recipe didn't have it left it out. The best part is how simple and fast it is, I served over angel hair pasta but think it would be just as good with rice. There's not a lot of sauce with this, so if you like a lot this may not be for you - but the flavors are so good
Provided by Bonnie G 2
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the shrimp pieces until the color changes, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus with reserved liquid , and season with ginger, soy sauce, sugar, sherry and salt to taste.
- Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107.2, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 35.3, Sodium 686.1, Carbohydrate 8.9, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 3.6, Protein 8.6
JUMBO SHRIMP WRAPPED WITH ARUGULA AND PROSCIUTTO
- Place shrimp in shallow dish and add lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, pepper and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss shrimp to coat evenly with dressing. Arrange the arugula in piles of 2 or 3 leaves, working with 6 piles at a time. Pile up 3 slices of prosciutto and cut in half across.
- To assemble the shrimp, place 1 shrimp on each pile of 2 or 3 arugula leaves then wrap the leaves up with the shrimp using the prosciutto. Assemble 6 pieces at a time, like an assembly line. Nest a grape tomato into the curve of the prosciutto wrapped shrimp and secure into place with a party pick.
- Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter and don't forget to put out a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails of shrimp and party picks, once guests finish the appetizers.
JUMBO SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
- In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil. Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp pieces until the color changes, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus with reserved liquid , and season with ginger, soy sauce, sugar, sherry and salt to taste. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Carbohydrate 7.8 g, Cholesterol 44.3 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 537.6 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
LEMONY SHRIMP 'N' ASPARAGUS
From Scribner, Nebraska, Becky Von Segern sends this marvelous main dish that cooks quickly in the microwave yet is special enough to serve to company. "It's a pretty and tasty way to use your spring harvest of asparagus." she assures. "An added bonus is the low calorie count."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, garlic and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and asparagus is tender. With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp and vegetables; keep warm. , Add the soy sauce, lemon juice and zest to the microwave dish. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into soy sauce mixture., Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return the shrimp mixture to the bowl; toss to coat. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 757mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SHEET PAN LEMON BUTTER GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a rimmed 9x12-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Place asparagus on the prepared baking pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss until well coated. Arrange asparagus in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place shrimp on one side of the pan. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and smoked paprika; toss until well coated. Place shrimp in a single layer next to the asparagus. Top asparagus and shrimp with cubed butter.
- Roast in the preheated oven until shrimp is opaque, about 6 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle with lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Cholesterol 281.8 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 30.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 1524.8 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS FETTUCCINE
- Separate the asparagus tips from the rest of the cut pieces, and set the tips aside. Heat 3/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil until it begins to turn brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cut pieces of asparagus (not the tips), and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir the asparagus until tender but still bright green, about 10 minutes, then add the asparagus tips. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the fettuccine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink, return to the pot, and drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the pasta.
- Remove the asparagus from the skillet with a slotted spoon, leaving oil in skillet, and set the asparagus aside. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels, and place in the hot skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with the seafood seasoning, and cook and stir the shrimp until they are pink and no longer translucent. Return the asparagus to the skillet, and cook the shrimp and asparagus until thoroughly heated, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Stir the shrimp and asparagus into the cooked fettuccine, and toss with shredded Parmesan cheese. The olive oil serves as the sauce, so add more as needed to generously coat the pasta, shrimp and asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Carbohydrate 47.5 g, Cholesterol 93.5 mg, Fat 26.2 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 22.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 680.7 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
JUMBO SHRIMP WITH TARRAGON SAUCE
- Make the tarragon sauce: combine the soured cream, tarragon, mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large frying pan. Brush the shrimp with oil, add to the pan and cook over a high heat until they turn pink.
- Keeping the heat high, add half of the wine and the garlic. Boil rapidly for 2-3 mins then stir in 2 tbs of the parsley.
- When the wine has reduced slightly, lower the heat and add the remaining wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes Spoon the cooking juices over the shrimp, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve hot with the tarragon sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.1, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 48.8, Sodium 74.3, Carbohydrate 6.8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.9, Protein 6.8
GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS
- heat oil in saute pan, add asparagus, garlic, and spices, cook for 5 minutes add shrimp, cook until shrimp turns pink.
- stir in wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil, remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.6, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 214.3, Sodium 982.2, Carbohydrate 9.2, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 2.2, Protein 26.1
GLAZED SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS
With its spicy, Asian flavor, this shrimp and asparagus combo is excellent for a special occasion or a quick-fix weeknight dinner. -Joan Duckworth, Lee's Summit, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and honey until smooth; set aside., In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 teaspoon peanut oil and the sesame oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm., Stir-fry asparagus in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and sesame seeds; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until asparagus is crisp-tender., Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 376mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
JUMBO SHRIMP WITH PROSCIUTTO AND BASIL
These shrimp are a glamorous departure from burgers and hotdogs, yet are just as easy to fix. They only take a few minutes on the grill, so plan on cooking some other veggies to go with the shrimp while you have the grill hot. These shrimp can be the star attraction of a meal, or just serve one or two as a terrific appetizer for even greater things to come. Prep time indicated does not include the time marinating in the refrigerator.
Provided by Geema
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the wine, oil, lemon juice, mustard, chopped basil, and peppercorns and pour over the shrimp in a shallow bowl.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, turning the shrimp occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove the shrimp from marinade, reserving it to baste the shrimp while cooking.
- Wrap the middle of each shrimp first with a basil leaf and then with a slice of the prosciutto.
- Thread the shrimp on 4 metal skewers, 4 to a skewer.
- Grill shrimp, basting with marinade for several minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560.9, Fat 54.6, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 42.9, Sodium 138.1, Carbohydrate 4.1, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.2, Protein 5.4
JUMBO SHRIMP WITH CHIVE BUTTER
As Bon Appetit says, the sauce does double duty, part baste and later dipping. From the june 1990 issue of bon appetit. I changed it a little by adding jalapeno, but you can omit.
Provided by MarraMamba
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 1 Jumbo Shrimp With Chive Butter, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat broiler.
- Place mustard in a bowl, whisk in lemon juice, then melted butter. Add chopped chives and jalapeno. Season with pepper.
- Arrange shrimp cut side up, on broiler pan. Brush with some butter mixture. Broil until cooked through 4 minutes.
- Serve, garnishing with whole chives if using and pass remaining butter for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2758.5, Fat 203.6, SaturatedFat 120, Cholesterol 2020.2, Sodium 3500.5, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 3.8, Protein 210
More about "jumbo shrimp with asparagus recipes"
7 SHRIMP ASPARAGUS RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE TONIGHT
GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS ANGEL HAIR PASTA | 12 TOMATOES
JUMBO SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND CHILE BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
JUMBO SHRIMP SCAMPI - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
ROASTED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS (VIDEO!)
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS - BAKER BY NATURE
COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN SHRIMP SCAMPI [30-MINUTE RECIPE]
JUMBO SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS - BIGOVEN.COM
SHEET PAN SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
10 BEST FRESH JUMBO SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST EASY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SKILLET RECIPE
LOW-CARB TUSCAN SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
LEMON BUTTER SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS WITH PESTO RICE | METRO
SHEET PAN SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS - COOKING CLASSY
JUMBO SHRIMP COCKTAIL - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
10 BEST JUMBO SHRIMPS AND PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPANISH-STYLE SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS - GIANT EAGLE
BLACKENED SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS IN 20-MINUTE - EATWELL101
AIR FRYER JUMBO SHRIMP - AHEAD OF THYME
10 BEST JUMBO SHRIMP APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOT GARLICKY SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS & LEMON - RECIPE
10 BEST MUSHROOMS ASPARAGUS SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPAGHETTI WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP | RICARDO
LEMONY ROASTED SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS | KITCHN
JUMBO SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
HOT GARLIC SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
15-MINUTE GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS | 12 TOMATOES
ASPARAGUS & DANDELION WITH JUMBO SHRIMP RECIPE - BOSCH HOME
SHRIMP SCAMPI PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
SHEET PAN LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS - THE …
CITRUSY SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST SHRIMP ASPARAGUS STIR FRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS - EATWELL101
STIR-FRIED SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE - JUST ONE …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #seafood #vegetables #asian #easy #shrimp #shellfish #asparagus
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp with asparagus?In a medium bowl combine shrimp with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and garlic. Trim off the tough bottoms of the asparagus, and then cut into 2-inch spears. Heat a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
What is the best way to cook Jumbo Jumbo Shrimp?Grill Jumbo ShrimpIn the kitch pepper, crushed red pepper, olive oil, salt, red wine vinegar and 6 more Jumbo Shrimp ScampiOr Whatever You Do garlic, garlic salt, garlic powder, parsley, salted butter, chardonnay and 2 more Grilled Jumbo ShrimpBarbecue and Grilling with Derrick Riches
How to make fettuccine with shrimp and asparagus?Stir the shrimp and asparagus into the cooked fettuccine, and toss with shredded Parmesan cheese. The olive oil serves as the sauce, so add more as needed to generously coat the pasta, shrimp and asparagus.
How to cook shrimp and asparagus in a jelly roll pan?After your shrimp is defrosted, we are ready to get onto the main event to create a ONE pan meal. Line a jelly roll pan with foil, add your asparagus then toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. The roasting time will depend on the thickness of your asparagus. I use thin asparagus for this recipe and roast for 4 minutes.