KEY LIME PIE VI
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks and set the whites aside.
- Combine the 1 cup white sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Gradually stir in the water. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Gradually stir the cooked sugar mixture into the beaten egg yolks, beating constantly. Return the mixture to low heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter, lime juice and lime zest. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites until light and frothy. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the remaining 6 tablespoons white sugar and beat until the meringue is stiff and glossy.
- Pour the lime filling into the prepared pie shell. Then pile the meringue on top, spreading it until it touches the edges of the pastry to prevent the meringue from shrinking. Bake pie at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes or until meringue top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.9 g, Cholesterol 73.6 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 211.7 mg, Sugar 35.3 g
KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE MADE WITH NO CONDENSED MILK
I have this thing about canned condensed milk. Every time I look at the number of calories in the can, I just balk at using it. But I do love Key Lime Pie in spite of the fact that most recipes use the condensed milk. So I was delighted to find a recipe for this favorite without the condensed milk. It may end up having the same number of calories, but I will just feel better knowing I avoided the high-calorie milk. I have not yet tried this recipe; I am saving it for a special occasion. Note that preparation time includes cooling time.
Provided by Lorraine of AZ
Yield 1 pie, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine 1-1/2 cups sugar with the cornstarch and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. Add egg yolks, lime juice and cold water. Blend well. Add butter, and gradually add boiling water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in zest and food coloring, Remove from heat and cool 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites with electric mixer on number 1 speed till frothy. Add cream of tartar and whip until soft peaks form. Continue on number 4 speed, gradually adding remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Pour cooled filling into pie shell. Lightly pile meringue on filling and spread to edges. Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
KEY LIME PIE WITH TOASTED MARSHMALLOW MERINGUE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: graham crackers, butter, brown sugar, eggs, lime zest, condensed milk, vanilla ice cream, key lime juice, light corn syrup, sugar
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place graham crackers in plastic bag and crush them into a fine crumb using a rolling pin. Alternatively, a food processor can be used to crush the crackers.
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl with the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until the crumbs take on the character of a coarse, wet sand.
- Pour the crumbs into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish. Press the crumb firmly into the dish, making sure to coat the bottom and sides of the dish evenly. Once the crust has been formed, place the pie dish into the refrigerator to firm up.
- Separate 6 eggs. Working with the yolks (reserve the whites for later), add the zest of 1 lime and whisk, either by hand or with an electric mixer, for 2 minutes. Add the can of condensed milk and continue to whisk until mixture is smooth and has a pale yellow color.
- Add in the ice cream and key lime juice. Continue to whisk for an additional 3-5 minutes. The filling should be smooth and airy when finished.
- Pour the filling mixture into the refrigerated graham cracker crust and bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges of the crust begin to brown and the filling no longer jiggles when disturbed.
- While the pie is baking, combine the reserved egg whites with corn syrup and about ¼ cup (50 grams) of the sugar and begin to whisk vigorously to form the meringue. Continue to add the sugar in small increments until all of it is incorporated. Continue to whisk until mixture thickens and stiff peaks form, about 7-10 minutes.
- Top the baked pie with the meringue. Using a rubber spatula, spread the meringue evenly over the top of the pie, making sure to cover all the visible areas of filling. Once covered, use the tip of the spatula to shape the meringue forming small peaks a valleys in the topping.
- Bake at 350˚ (180˚C) for an additional 7-10 minutes to toast the meringue topping. Allow to cool completely for at least 1 hour before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483 calories, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 56 grams
LIME MERINGUE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until well blended. Gradually whisk in the lime juice. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is set when the pie is gently shaken. Set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large clean bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually sift in the confectioners' sugar, while continuing to whip to stiff peaks. Spoon on top of the slightly cooled pie, sealing the meringue to the edges of the crust.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the meringue is lightly toasted. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 547.4 calories, Carbohydrate 85.4 g, Cholesterol 187 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 13.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 315.8 mg, Sugar 75.6 g
More about "key lime meringue pie made with no condensed milk recipes"
KEY LIME PIE WITHOUT CONDENSED MILK - FOODS GUY
4.4/5 (183)Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCategory PieCalories 379 per serving
- Press the crust into the pie pan, springform, or whatever you are using. To really press it down you can use a glass. It will help you create a super flat and dense crust.
DELIGHTFUL REPAST: KEY LIME PIE - WITHOUT CONDENSED MILK
BEST KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.7/5 (584)Category Bake,Citrus,Dessert,Eggs And DairyServings 1Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
BEST NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
OUR EASIEST, NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KEY LIME PIE - NO RECIPES
KEY LIME PIE WITH MERINGUE TOPPING - LA LECHERA®
KEY LIME PIE WITH MERINGUE TOPPING - PAULA DEEN
NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE - PLATED CRAVINGS
KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE - TASTE
KEY LIME PIE WITH MERINGUE OR CREAM TOPPING RECIPE
BEST-EVER KEY LIME PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
KEY LIME PIE WITH MERINGUE TOPPING (RECIPE + VIDEO)
EASY KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HOW TO MAKE A NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE - TASTE OF HOME
THE ORIGINAL KEY LIME PIE RECIPE FROM THE FLORIDA KEYS
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | CARNATION
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE WITH MERINGUE TOPPING | DESSERT RECIPES
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | EASY TO MAKE AND BIG ON FLAVOR!
HOMEMADE KEY LIME PIE - A LATTE FOOD
RECREATE OUR FAMOUS KEY WEST FL KEY LIME PIE RECIPE FROM HOME
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE WITH EAGLE BRAND MILK
THE CURIOUS CASE OF KEY LIME PIE | EPICURIOUS.COM
KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE - BAKERITA
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE - SWEETEST MENU
KEY LIME PIE WITH HOMEMADE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST - BAKED BREE
INGREDIENTS KEY LIME PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE - THE BUSY BAKER
EASY NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
4-INGREDIENT NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KEY LIME PIE - ANYTIME RECIPES, EGGS 101, Q&A | GET CRACKING
KEY LIME PIE WITH MERINGUE TOPPING - SAVORING ITALY
FROM SWEET TO SOUR IN THE HUNT FOR THE BEST KEY LIME PIE
EASY NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE KEY LIME PIE
MERINGUE KEY LIME PIE - OH SWEET BASIL
EASY EGGLESS KEY LIME PIE - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE - SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
DAIRY FREE KEY LIME PIE - COCONUTS & KETTLEBELLS
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK RECIPES
KEY LIME PIE INGREDIENTS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST KETO KEY LIME PIE (WITHOUT CREAM CHEESE)
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE - COCO AND ASH
10 BEST KEY LIME PIE CONDENSED MILK RECIPES - YUMMLY
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #american #oven #dinner-party #romantic #pies #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love