BASQUE LAMB STEW
- Marinate lamb with garlic, rosemary, white wine: Combine the lamb, half of the garlic cloves, rosemary, and white wine in a medium bowl. Let marinate for 2 to 3 hours. Drain the meat, discard the marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Mince the remaining garlic cloves and set aside.
- Brown the lamb: Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan with lid, over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the meat on all sides, about 10 minutes per batch. Salt the meat as it browns.
- Sauté onions and garlic: Remove the meat from the pan and add the chopped onion to the pan. Cook, scraping browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Return meat to pan, add paprika, roasted peppers, tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, red wine, bring to simmer: Return the meat to the pan with the onions and garlic. Stir in paprika, roasted peppers, tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, and red wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, allowing the liquids to reduce a bit.
- Add chicken stock, simmer: Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is very tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add freshly ground black pepper and more salt to taste. Serve with rustic bread. If you want, try garnishing with fresh mint leaves (though I have no idea how "Basque" that is, it just tastes good.) Links: Basque Chicken - from Not Quite Nigella Chilindron, Spanish Venison Stew with Paprika - from Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 171 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 55 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 829 mg, Sugar 5 g, Fat 20 g, ServingSize Serves 4 to 6, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by á-25087
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 1 Combine the lamb, half of the garlic cloves, rosemary, and white wine in a medium bowl. Let marinate for 2 to 3 hours. Drain the meat, discard the marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Mince the remaining garlic cloves and set aside. 2 Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan with lid, over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the meat on all sides, about 10 minutes per batch. Salt the meat as it browns. 3 Remove the meat from the pan and add the onions to the pan. Cook, scraping browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute. 4 Return the meat to the pan with the onions and garlic. Stir in paprika, roasted peppers, tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, and red wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, allowing the liquids to reduce a bit. Then add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is very tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add freshly ground black pepper and more salt to taste. Serve with rustic bread
IRISH LAMB STEW
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Put lamb, salt, pepper, and flour in large mixing bowl. Toss to coat meat evenly. Brown meat in frying pan with bacon fat.
- Place meat into stock pot (leave 1/4 cup of fat in frying pan). Add the garlic and yellow onion and saute till onion begins to become golden. Deglaze frying pan with 1/2 cup water and add the garlic-onion mixture to the stock pot with bacon pieces, beef stock, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, onions, potatoes, thyme, bay leaves, and wine to pot. Reduce heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671.7 calories, Carbohydrate 26.3 g, Cholesterol 162.7 mg, Fat 39.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 46.4 g, SaturatedFat 15.6 g, Sodium 1189.4 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
TRADITIONAL LAMB STEW
This lamb stew recipe is a delicious, nourishing and economical dish. The flavor improves if you make the stew the day before you serve it. -Margery Richmond, Fort Collins, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add the onions, carrots and remaining oil to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes, broth, salt, pepper and lamb; bring to a boil. , Remove from the heat. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender., With a slotted spoon, remove meat and vegetables to a large bowl; set aside and keep warm. Pour pan juices into another bowl; set aside. , In the Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, chives, thyme, and meat and vegetables; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 721mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LAMB TXILINDRON BASQUE LAMB STEW
Use leftover lamb and pan drippings from roast for this stew. From Saveur #89, Dec. 2005. Attributed to Dan Ansotgui.
Provided by Queen Dragon Mom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper flakes and cook until they release their aroma.
- Add lamb pieces, wine and pan drippings.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add pimentos, cover pot and simmer until lamb is very tender, 2-3 hours more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605.2, Fat 41, SaturatedFat 14.6, Cholesterol 152, Sodium 140.3, Carbohydrate 8.8, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 3.5, Protein 43.6
DAN'S DELICIOUS BASQUE LAMB STEW
A Basque Style Lamb Stew. It is very delicious and spicy...It is a meal in it self. For people who don't like the taste of traditionally prepared lamb, this is the meal for you. Tender and Spicy Treat you will love!!!
Provided by dcarlucci5
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Trim any excess fat from meat. Put oil in large pot and brown lamb meat about 20 min or until brown. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Turn until brown.
- Add beer, wine, 1 Tbsp of Paprika, salt and lots of pepper. Then add Celery and Bay Leaf and then add water so that all meat is covered. Simmer for about 40 minute Keep adding water if needed.
- Add Chopped Carrot and cook another 15 minute Add Diced Potatoes, Tomato Sauce, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Dash of Tabasco and a little Cayenne Pepper. Cook until meat is tender, about another 30 min or so. Simmer with lid.
BASQUE LAMB SHANKS
- Combine the flour and salt in a resealable plastic bag. One at a time, add the lamb shanks and shake until evenly coated.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the lamb and cook, turning, for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Transfer the lamb to the slow cooker. Add the beans, garlic, water, wine, and tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours. Add the squash and cook on low for another 3 hours, until the lamb and squash are very tender. (In a pinch, the squash can be added at the beginning of cooking and left in the entire time.)
- Just before serving, stir in the olives and thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
More about "lamb txilindron basque lamb stew recipes"
TXILINDRON DE CORDERO (LAMB STEW) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 5Calories 486 per serving
10 BEST FRENCH LAMB STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST LAMB STEW RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LAMB STEW
CROCK POT BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ORIGINAL BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BASQUE LAMB STEW - RECIPE GIRL
TRADITIONAL IRISH LAMB STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKING | BASQUE LAMB STEW … WHITE WINE OR RED?
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE – DOWNLOAD RECIPE DIRECTIONS
EASY MOROCCAN LAMB STEW RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
HOW TO PREPARE PERFECT BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE - BLOGGER
FRENCH LAMB STEW RECIPE - COPYKAT RECIPES
LAMB TXILINDRON | SAVEUR
BASQUE LAMB STEW | RECIPE | LAMB STEW RECIPES, LAMB STEW
FRENCH BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BASQUE LAMB STEW - THE KITCHEN ALCHEMIST
BASQUE LAMB AND PEPPER STEW - SUSAN HERRMANN LOOMIS - ON …
BASQUE LAMB STEW - THE MANCUNION
BASQUE STYLE MEAT MARINADE AND ROASTED LAMB SIRLOIN - CHEZ US
BASQUE LAMB STEW - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
LAMB 3 WAYS: BASQUE LAMB STEW - GLISTEN AND GRACE
BASQUE LAMB STEW – CROCK POT (SLOW COOKER) RECIPE
LAMB STEW | ALLRECIPES
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE - STORINGFRESHHERBS
LAMB SHANKS – THE BASQUE WIFE
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE - FALL HAIR
TRADITIONAL LAMB STEW - THE BEST IRISH RECIPE! - THECOOKFUL
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE - LASAGNASKILLET
BASQUE LAMB STEW | RECIPE | LAMB STEW RECIPES, LAMB STEW, RECIPES
PROVENçAL LAMB STEW WITH BASIL RECIPE - MELISSA CLARK | FOOD & WINE
IRISH LAMB STEW (INCREDIBLY TASTY, TENDER LAMB IN HEARTY STEW!)
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE | RECIPELAND
RECIPES > LAMB > HOW TO MAKE BASQUE LAMB STEW
LAMB STEW RECIPES - LAMB STEWS & LAMB STEW IDEAS
10 BEST CURRY LAMB STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
BASQUE LAMB STEW RECIPE : EASIEST WAY TO PREPARE TASTY BASQUE …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #soups-stews #lamb-sheep #european #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Basque stew?You may be accustomed to Irish lamb stew, but lamb stews are also typical of Basque cuisine, as are dishes that include both tomatoes and sweet red peppers. My father first found the recipe from which we adapted this basque lamb stew in an old issue of Saveur Magazine.
What is your best lamb stew recipe?Trim any excess fat from meat. Put oil in large pot and brown lamb meat about 20 min or until brown. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Turn until brown. Add beer, wine, 1 Tbsp of Paprika, salt and lots of pepper. Then add Celery and Bay Leaf and then add water so that all meat is covered. Simmer for about 40 minute Keep adding water if needed.
What is Greek lamb stew?This Greek lamb stew is easy to make and is ideal for those cooler evenings when you want a hearty, warming dish. What is Lamb Stifado (Greek Lamb stew)? Stifado dishes are classics of Greek cuisine that use a combination of onions, tomatoes and vinegar as the base with different seasonings to add more flavor.
Can you cook lamb with red and white wine?It seems a little odd in that the lamb is first marinated in herbs and white wine, and then braised in stock and red wine. Mixing wines in cooking is so rarely done, but apparently it does happen on occasion in Spanish cooking (we've found references in Spanish cookbooks).