CREAMY LEMON CHEESECAKE
My friend Gwen gave me this creamy, lip-smacking recipe, and it's been a crowd-pleaser at my house ever since. The homemade lemon curd on top adds a tart, special touch! The cake can also be made in three store-bought graham cracker pie shells. -Anne Henry, Toronto, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan., In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° until set, 6-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and zest. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan., Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer., Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer., In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat., Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon zest. Cool to room temperature without stirring., Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 11g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 305mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein.
LEMON DREAM CHEESECAKE
Light and creamy, this lemon cheesecake recipe is just the thing for a spring or summer day. -Bonnie Jost, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up the inside of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon zest, extracts and, if desired, food coloring. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet., Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 29g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 150mg cholesterol, Sodium 286mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 7g protein.
LOVELY LEMON CHEESECAKE
Wait for the oohs and aahs when you present this luxurious lemon cheesecake recipe. The lemon flavor gives it a bright, tangy flavor. -Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan., In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; refrigerate while preparing filling., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan., Bake 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled., Remove rim from pan. If desired, top cheesecake with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444 calories, Fat 32g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 169mg cholesterol, Sodium 325mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 9g protein.
SIMPLY PERFECT LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Preheat the oven to 325F (not fan-assisted/not convection)
- Make the Crust: Add graham cracker crumbs to a medium bowl and stir in the brown sugar. Pour the melted butter overtop, then stir until all the crumbs are moistened and have a wet sand texture. Add a pinch of salt if you used unsalted butter.
- *If using an 8-inch springform pan, remove 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture, as you won't need it all for the base. You can reserve to sprinkle on top of the finished cake, if you like (sprinkle around the outside edge in a ring).
- Press the moist crumb mixture into the bottom of your springform pan. Use the bottom of a dry measuring cup to make sure the crust is really pressed down, to make it easiest to cut later on.
- Bake the crust until it is lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Leave oven on and set at 325F.
- Make the Filling: Combine the room temperature cream cheese, sour cream and granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is extremely smooth and well blended, a minute or two. Remove the lid of the food processor and scrape down the sides and bottom of the food processor and try to reach under the blades if you can, to fine and incorporate any stubborn chunks of cream cheese. Process again briefly after scraping. (Getting a perfectly smooth batter at this point is important to prevent cracks in your finished cake, so take the time here to make sure it's well blended and smooth).
- Add the eggs, lemon juice and zest and a pinch of salt and keep processing until it's super smooth and creamy, another 30 seconds or so.
- Pour the filling into the baked crust *You may have some leftover filling if you are using a regular cake pan.
- Bake in preheated 325F oven until mostly set, with a little jiggle in the centre 3-4 inches, with the outsides looking set and puffy, about 20 to 30 minutes. The filling should not brown at all. Don't over-cook, as this can cause your cheesecake to crack.
- Turn the oven off and open the door a crack (inserting a wooden spoon in the crack will help it say open). Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack on the counter to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, over the top of the springform pan with plastic wrap, then a layer of aluminum foil. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, remove from springform pan. Topping option: citrus slices, a scattering of blueberries or blackberries, a mint leaf and a dusting of icing sugar, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 437 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 17 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LEMON CHEESECAKE WITH LEMON-ROSEMARY SHORTBREAD CRUST
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place an oven rack in the center position, without any racks above it.
- Place the cookies in a food processor; pulse to the texture of sand. Add the crushed cookies to a 10-inch springform pan and pour in the melted butter. Using your hands, mix together the cookie crumbs and butter until they are completely combined and hold together when pinched. Firmly press the cookie crust into the bottom of the pan. Press down on the crust with the bottom of a cup to ensure it is tightly packed.
- Bake the crust for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown all over. Remove from oven and let cool. When the pan is cool enough to handle, wrap it in foil three-quarters of the way up the sides of the pan--this will prevent any water from getting into the cheesecake while it is baked in a water bath.
- For the cheesecake: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and salt. Slowly turn the mixer up to medium-high speed; continue to mix for 2 minutes, until the ingredients are completely combined and smooth.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the lemon curd and reserve it for the topping. With a rubber spatula, fold the remaining lemon curd into the cheesecake mixture. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and spread it evenly, making sure to flatten the top. Gently tap the pan a few times on a flat surface to even out the mixture.
- Use the reserved lemon curd to make a fun design in the top of the cheesecake. For instance, you can dollop 15 small dots, about a heaping 1/2 teaspoon each, around the border of the cake and then 6 small dots towards the center of the cake and 1 dot directly in the center. Drag a skewer around the center of the first ring of dots to pull the lemon curd into a teardrop shape. Repeat with the interior circle of lemon curd drops.
- Place the foil-lined springform pan in a large roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot water until it reaches about 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Bake the cheesecake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the edges are set but the center still has a pudding-like jiggle. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes before removing the pan from the water bath. Let the cheesecake sit another 30 minutes. While the cheesecake is still warm, run a paring knife around the inside edge of the pan and then release the sides of the pan. (If you do this after the cheesecake has cooled completely, the cake may tear slightly.) Let the cheesecake cool completely before slicing and serving. Refrigerate any cheesecake not being served immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Lightly grease the foil and sides of the pan with butter.
- In a food processor, pulse the sugar with the lemon zest and rosemary until well combined. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture and reserve.
- Add the butter, vanilla and salt to the food processor with the sugar and pulse until combined. Add the flour, about 1 cup at a time, pulsing to combine after each addition. After the last addition, you may have to stir and scrape down the sides of the food processor to help incorporate all of the flour. Continue to pulse until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared baking pan and press it in evenly. Poke the dough all over with a fork and sprinkle it with the reserved sugar.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into approximately 3-by-1-inch rectangles (or whichever shape you prefer). Bake until golden brown at the edges and golden in the center, about 25 minutes. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, use a bench scraper or knife to re-cut the lines of the cookies. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then carefully remove the cookies with the foil and cool completely on a rack.
LEMON CAKE WITH CHANTILLY CREAM
This recipe has always had a soft spot in my heart since I was a little girl. The cake portion can easily be turned into a loaf of lemon bread, and no matter how you slice this, it is just the right amount of lemon flavor without being overly tart or sweet. Please enjoy!
Provided by Shay Driver
Categories Fruit Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together shortening and sugar together until light, fluffy, and well incorporated.
- 2. In separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- 3. To the creamed mixture, add eggs--one at a time--until each is incorporated; add milk; add zest.
- 4. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet mixture and stop mixing when just mixed. Pour mixture evenly between two greased 8 inch round pans with parchment lining the bottom of each (this makes it easier to take them out in one piece when they have cooled). Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool cool on wire racks until at room temperature.
- 5. LEMON CURD While your cake bakes, combine and whisk together the first four (4) ingredients in a heatproof bowl for the lemon curd. Over a double boiler (placing a heat-proof bowl over a pan of boiling water, taking care not to have the bowl touching the bowl itself), continually whisk the lemon mixture until very thick; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and whisk butter in until incorporated. Strain into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap DIRECTLY onto the curd to prevent a skin from forming on the top. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 6. CHANTILLY CREAM Combine all ingredients in bowl and beat until stiff peaks are formed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 7. When cakes have come to room temperature, level the tops of the cakes using a knife. When both both cakes have been leveled, put chilled lemon curd on top of one of the cakes--but not the sides--then place the other cake on top of the curd covered cake. Gently frost the cake with the Chantilly cream and decorate with fresh fruit if desired. Enjoy!
BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE EVER (SOUR CREAM CHEESECAKE)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, mix all crust ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Press into bottom of an 11 to 12-inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool; refrigerate until needed.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at high speed until completely smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Beat at medium speed as you gradually add the sugar, then flour, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour into crust; bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Blend sour cream with remaining teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons sugar; set mixture in warm place.
- Remove cake from oven, and gently spread sour cream mixture on top.
- Return to oven and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until topping is cool, but not completely chilled.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened (3 minutes).
- Chill until cool, but not set.
- Spread on top of cheesecake.
- Chill overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.8, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 17.4, Cholesterol 117.9, Sodium 275.3, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 27, Protein 6.7
LEMON CHEESECAKES WITH LEMON CHANTILLY CREAM
- FOR CREAM: Whisk first 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup sugar in medium metal bowl. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not let bottom of bowl touch water). Whisk until curd thickens and thermometer inserted into curd registers 160 degrees, about 5 minutes. Remove from over water; whisk in butter. Chill 6 hours. Beat chilled cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until cream holds peaks; fold lemon cream into curd in 2 additions. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) FOR CRUST: Generously butter twelve 1/3-cup-capacity disposable muffin cups (two 6-cup pans). Mix shortbread crumbs and butter in bowl. Pack 1 generous tablespoon crumb mixture on bottom of each prepared cup. Freeze 30 minutes. FOR FILLING: Preheat oven to 325. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar and mascarpone cheese, then eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in lemon juice and lemon peel. Divide filling among muffin cups. Place muffin pans in large roasting pan. Pour 1 inch of water into roasting pan. Bake cakes until filling is set in center, about 40 minutes. Remove muffin pans from water. Chill cakes uncovered until cold, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.) Cut around cakes to loosen. Push bottom of muffin cups up, releasing cakes. Top cakes with lemon cream and serve. *Italian cream cheese, available at Italian markets and many supermarkets.
More about "lemon cheesecakes with lemon chantilly cream recipes"
EASY MINI LEMON CHEESECAKES - THE BUSY BAKER
5/5 (10)Total Time 4 hrs 40 minsCategory Baking, DessertCalories 256 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are moistened.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each paper liner and press down to pack the crumbs together to form a crust.
- Add the room temperature cream cheese to a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until creamy and smooth.
LEMON CHEESECAKE (+ LEMON CURD TOPPING) - LIVE WELL …
5/5 (3)Category Dessert
- To make the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Add the crushed graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Add the melted butter and mix until all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and firmly press it down into one even layer (I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup for this step). Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly while you make the filling.
- To make the lemon cheesecake filling: Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil for the water bath before getting started with the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add the sour cream and mix until fully combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Then mix in the granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and pure vanilla extract until fully combined.
LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (18)Calories 350 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- To make the crust: Whisk together the flour, almond flour, confectioners' sugar, salt, and lemon zest.
- Press the dough into a 9" springform pan, pushing it firmly up the sides about 1”. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork. Chill in the freezer (uncovered) for 15 minutes or so, while you preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To bake the crust: Remove the crust from the freezer and bake it for 12 to 15 minutes, until it's just barely golden at the edges. Set it aside to cool while you make the filling.
MINI LEMON CHEESECAKE| KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
LEMON CHEESECAKE WITH LEMON OREOS CRUST
LEMON CHEESECAKE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON CHEESECAKE - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
COSTCO JUST DROPPED A 4-POUND LEMON MERINGUE CHEESECAKE
DREAMY LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
EAGLE BRAND® | LEMON CHEESECAKE
LEMON WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE | SERENA BAKES SIMPLY FROM SCRATCH
LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING QUEEN
LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
LUSCIOUS LEMON CREAM CHEESECAKE RECIPE | DR. OETKER
THE BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SERENA LISSY
LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
THE BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE RECIPE - BAKER BY NATURE
EASY MINI LEMON CHEESECAKE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
LEMON CHEESECAKE | RICARDO
You'll also love