HOMEMADE CRISPY SEASONED FRENCH FRIES
My family loves French fries and with 4 children the bag fries from the store just weren't enough and became too expensive. So I tried batter - after all it makes chicken, shrimp, and onion rings crispy so why not potatoes. Now even my husband can't get enough of these French fries. They even stay crispy when you reheat in the microwave.
Provided by Cassie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Slice potatoes into French fries, and place into cold water so they won't turn brown while you prepare the oil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, sift the flour, garlic salt, onion salt, (regular) salt, and paprika into a large bowl. Gradually stir in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
- Dip potato slices into the batter one at a time, and place in the hot oil so they are not touching at first. The fries must be placed into the skillet one at a time, or they will clump together. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.5 calories, Carbohydrate 37.8 g, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 751 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
CRISPY OVEN FRIES
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in bowl, wrap tightly with plastic, and microwave until translucent around edges, 3 to 5 minutes, shaking bowl to redistribute potatoes halfway through cooking. Transfer potatoes to cooling rack and thoroughly blot fry with paper towels.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with 5 tablespoons oil. Transfer to oven and heat until just smoking, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil, cornstarch, and salt in large bowl. Add potatoes to bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on hot baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown and crisp, 25 to 35 minutes, flipping potatoes half-way through cooking time. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and blot with additional paper towels. Serve.
CRISPY SEASONED OVEN FRIES
- Heat oven to 400°F. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise; cut each half into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick fries; pat dry with a paper towel. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs with spices. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy, about 1 minute; add fries to coat. Toss fries in spice mixture until evenly coated. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; arrange fries on sheet with space in between; spritz fries with cooking spray. Bake, turning once, until fries are golden and crispy, about 20 minutes.
SEASONED OVEN FRIES
- Soak cut potatoes in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towel then transfer to large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except salt, toss well to combine.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with foil. Place baking sheet in oven, preheat oven and baking sheet to 375 for 10 minutes.
- Remove preheated baking sheet from oven, pour fries onto baking sheet (being careful not to burn yourself baking sheet will be hot). Arrange fries in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, raise temperature to 425 and bake for another 10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with salt (this step is optional but I highly recommend it).
- Note: You can flip the fries half way through the cooking process if you'd like. But I don't feel it's necessary, so no flipping here!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.8, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 20.1, Carbohydrate 49.6, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 2.3, Protein 6
SEASONED OVEN BAKED FRIES
With fewer than five ingredients and in less than 30 minutes, you can whip up tasty homemade fries for an anytime side. -Pat Fredericks, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut each potato lengthwise into thirds; cut each portion into thirds. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the butter, oil and seasoned salt. Add potatoes; shake to coat. , Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-12 minutes on each side or until tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 305mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "crispy seasoned oven fries recipes"
CRISPY OVEN BAKED FRIES RECIPE | SIDE DISH | MEAN GREEN CHEF
THE CRISPIEST BAKED STEAK FRIES - SWEET & SAVORY
CRISPY SEASONED OVEN FRIES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CRISPY OVEN BAKED FRENCH FRIES - THE SOCCER MOM BLOG
THE SECRET TECHNIQUE FOR GETTING CRISPY OVEN-BAKED FRIES
SEASONED OVEN FRIES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST CRISPY BAKED FRENCH FRIES RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
CRISPY PAPRIKA OVEN FRIES - 101 COOKBOOKS
PERFECT SEASONED FRIES – A COUPLE COOKS
BAKED THICK-CUT SEASONED OVEN FRIES - AVERIE COOKS
OVEN BAKED FRIES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST OVEN PERFECT CRISPY BAKED FRIES RECIPE
FFRENCH FRIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRISPY OVEN-BAKED FRIES WITH SPICY GARLIC SEASONING
EASY OVEN BAKED STEAK FRIES RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
EASY OVEN FRIES RECIPE - COOKING LSL
CRISPY BAKED FRENCH FRIES (OVEN FRIES) - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CRISPY SEASONED OVEN FRIES RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN FRIES — ETHAN
ULTIMATE BAKED FRENCH FRIES (SO CRISPY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
OLD BAY® CRISPY OVEN FRIES - MCCORMICK
HOW TO MAKE OVEN FRIES THAT ARE ACTUALLY CRISPY | MYRECIPES
CRISPY SEASONED HOMEMADE FRIES – RECIPE CRITIQUE
CRISPY SEASONED COTTAGE FRIES RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
CRISPY OVEN FRIES - DEEP SOUTH DISH
THE BEST CRISPY OVEN FRIES - AMYCASEYCOOKS
CRISPY OVEN FRIES (BAKED & HEALTHY) - STEPHANIE KAY NUTRITION
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT, CRISPY OVEN FRIES - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
EXTRA CRISPY OVEN BAKED FRENCH FRIES - LAYERS OF HAPPINESS
CAJUN SEASONED CRISPY OVEN BAKED FRIES RECIPE
RED POTATO FRIES RECIPE (OVEN BAKED, VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, WHOLE30)
ULTIMATE CRISPY BAKED FRIES — LET'S DISH RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN BAKED SEASONED FRIES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CRISP GARLIC OVEN FRIES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
OVEN BAKED STEAK FRIES RECIPE (WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT)
SPICY CRISPY OVEN FRIES • ONE LOVELY LIFE
SEASONED FRIES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
COTTAGE FRIES RECIPE (OVEN ROASTED) | KITCHN
CRISPY OVEN BAKED FRIES - LIVING THE GOURMET - RECIPES
THE BEST BAKED SEASONED FRIES • FIVEHEARTHOME
You'll also love