LEMON HONEY GLAZED CARROTS
- Bring carrots and enough water to cover to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to medium-high and continue to simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; stir in honey. Add lemon juice and ginger. Increase heat to medium and stir in carrots until well coated. Continue cooking until thickened, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 169.7 mg, Sugar 16.2 g
- Place carrots into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until carrots are tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir carrots, brown sugar, and lemon juice in the melted butter, stirring often, until sugar has dissolved, 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 84.9 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS
This makes a perfect side dish for a Turkey dinner. It's the ONLY way I can get my in-laws to eat carrots. I prefer to steam the carrots, but you can boil them if you don't have a steamer. You can also slice regular carrots if you don't have baby carrots. If you don't have a lemon zester tool, you can use the fine side of a grater.
Provided by Axe1678
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Steam or boil carrots 35-45 minutes.
- Melt butter and mix in pepper, sugar and lemon zest.
- Keep warm and stir 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over carrots and serve.
LEMON GLAZED BABY CARROTS
Carrots can be quick and easy to prepare when you combine traditional cooking methods with the ease of the microwave. This recipe is adapted from America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook.
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse the carrots under running water and place in a 2 quart casserole, cover and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring half way through.
- Drain off any water that accumulates during cooking and add the carrots to a medium saucepan along with the stock, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and carrots are lightly glazed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve.
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. If desired, garnish with lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 199mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SUNNY'S EASY MAPLE AND LEMON PAN-ROASTED CARROTS
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup, butter, lemon zest and juice, chile flakes and a pinch of kosher salt.
- For the carrots: In a large saute pan on medium to medium-high heat, add the olive oil and when it begins to swirl, add the carrots cut-side down and season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook to sear and caramelize, 5 to 10 minutes, then flip. On the flip, add the glaze and allow it to bubble and reduce, about 2 minutes. Pour everything onto a serving platter. Top with a sprinkle of flakey salt and chopped parsley or carrot greens.
ROASTED CARROTS WITH LEMON
Roast split carrots with lemon slices and fresh rosemary for a flavorful side dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Halve each carrot lengthwise. Toss on a rimmed baking sheet with the oil, lemon slices, rosemary and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
LEMON-GLAZED CARROTS AND RUTABAGA
- Cut carrots and rutabaga into 3x1/4-in. strips. Place in a saucepan; add broth. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add to vegetables; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are glazed, stirring gently.
Nutrition Facts :
CARROT LOAF CAKE WITH TANGY LEMON GLAZE
This easy, breezy one-bowl loaf cake makes the perfect afternoon snack - and a perfect breakfast the next day, too. It's lightly spiced and nut- and fruit-free, but feel free to add about 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or dried fruit, if that's how you like your carrot cake. There is an optional bit of grated carrot in the lemony glaze, which doesn't lend that much flavor, but provides a lovely light orange hue. If grating carrot for the glaze seems fussy, you can certainly skip it.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack, cakes
Yield 1 (9-by-5-inch) loaf
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the cake: Heat the oven to 350 degrees and set a rack in the center. Oil a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and line it with a strip of parchment paper that hangs over the two long sides. Oil the paper, too.
- Add the light brown sugar and eggs to a large bowl and whisk vigorously until pale in color, about 2 minutes. Add the oil, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and whisk, starting slowly to incorporate the flour without spilling it, until well combined and smooth, switching to a rubber spatula if necessary. Fold in the grated carrots. The batter will be very thick.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to remove any big air bubbles.
- Bake the cake until golden and puffed and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Set the pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, use the parchment paper to lift the cake out of the pan and set on the rack over a baking sheet to cool completely.
- When the cake is cool, make the glaze: Finely zest the lemon into a medium bowl. Juice the lemon, and set aside lemon juice. Add the confectioners' sugar and finely grated carrot (if using) to the bowl with the zest, along with 4 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Whisk vigorously until smooth. Add more lemon juice as needed to make a thick but pourable glaze. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and let it set for a few minutes before slicing. Store the cake well wrapped at room temperature for 3 to 4 days.
More about "lemon glazed carrots recipes"
GLAZED CARROTS - CULINARY HILL
LEMON PEPPER GLAZED WALNUT CARROTS - STUFFEDATTHEGILLS.CA
AIP HONEY LEMON ROASTED CARROTS | AMY MYERS MD
HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH LEMON AND THYME | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
LEMON HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - GLAZED CARROT RECIPES
LEMON-GLAZED BABY CARROTS | DIABETIC RECIPE - DIABETIC GOURMET …
CARROTS GLAZED WITH LEMON, HONEY AND THYME - MARIPOSA FARMS
LEMON CARROTS EASY STOVE TOP RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
SIMPLE ROAST CARROTS WITH LEMON RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 BEST GLAZED CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HONEY BUTTER GLAZED CARROTS - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
LEMON-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE FROM H-E-B - HEB.COM
EASY LEMON GLAZED CARROTS • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
HONEY, THYME, AND LEMON GLAZED CARROTS - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
BASIC CARROT CAKE RECIPE WITH LEMON GLAZE (NO PINEAPPLE, NO DAIRY)
LEMON AND TANGERINE GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE BY THE DAILY MEAL …
CRISPY, LEMON-GLAZED HERB CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MAPLE GINGER CARROTS
LEMON-HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
LEMON-GLAZED CARROTS (FROZEN) - MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF …
LEMON-GLAZED CARROTS - GLAZED CARROT RECIPES
CARROT CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE - PLANT BASED RECIPES
LEMON AND HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
ROASTED CARROTS WITH HONEY & LEMON - A SOUTHERN SOUL
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE: SALMON & HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH LEMON-SAFFRON …
LEMON-HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARROT CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE - KERRYGOLD
HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH THYME & LEMON • FIVEHEARTHOME
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS – LEMON TREE DWELLING
GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
MAPLE-GLAZED HEIRLOOM CARROTS WITH LEMON CASHEW CREAM
SHAKER LEMON-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE RECIPE
LEMON GLAZED CARROTS - A FEW SHORTCUTS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #dinner-party #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #carrots
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook honey glazed carrots?Easy honey-glazed carrots brightened with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and cooked, on the stove, with some herbs and olive oil. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the carrots, herbs, and salt. Stir the carrots around to coat them evenly in the oil and herbs.
What is lemon-glazed carrots?Lemon-Glazed Carrots Recipe | Allrecipes Carrots are pan-fried in a sweet lemony glaze creating a quick and easy side dish. Carrots are pan-fried in a sweet lemony glaze creating a quick and easy side dish.
How to cook carrots and carrots in a pan?Directions Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
What is your go-to carrot and maple glaze recipe?For the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup, butter, lemon zest and juice, chile flakes and a pinch of kosher salt. For the carrots: In a large saute pan on medium to medium-high heat, add the olive oil and when it begins to swirl, add the carrots cut-side down and season with kosher salt and pepper.