SWEET STICKY RICE AND MANGO
- Combine 6 cups water and rice in a large bowl and soak 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain rice and rinse with fresh water. Combine 2 cups water and rice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cooked rice to a bowl.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat until just boiling; pour mixture over cooked rice. Let stand 30 minutes. Serve warm with sliced mango.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.4 calories, Carbohydrate 48.1 g, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.4 g, Sodium 312 mg, Sugar 20.4 g
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Also known as "sweet rice" or glutinous rice (despite being gluten free), sticky rice is a large white grain that, when steamed, becomes translucent, shiny and, well, sticky. In French, it's called riz gluant or gluey, not much more attractive. There should be a better word for it, because it really is undoubtedly one of the best things to eat under the sun.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put rice in a bowl and rinse several times in cold water until water is clear, not milky, then drain. Cover rice with cold water and let soak for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Drain rice using a fine-meshed sieve or colander (line with cheesecloth if colander holes are too large). Place rice over a pot of rapidly simmering water (don't allow water to touch sieve) and steam, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and flip rice over. Continue steaming, covered, for 10 minutes, until rice is translucent and glossy. Taste to make sure rice is completely cooked; it may take up to 10 minutes more. Turn off heat. Fluff rice with a wooden spoon, then cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While rice cooks, put coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, just until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Put warm rice in a serving bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over rice and stir well. Leave for 10 minutes to let absorb, then stir in coconut cream. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango slices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 586, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 87 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 23 grams, Sodium 303 milligrams, Sugar 42 grams
THAI SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO (KHAO NEEO MAMUANG)
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, mix together 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; remove from heat and set aside. Stir the cooked rice into the coconut milk mixture; cover. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Make a sauce by mixing together 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the tapioca starch in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Place the sticky rice on a serving dish. Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Pour the sauce over the mangos and rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 817.4 calories, Carbohydrate 144.3 g, Fat 26 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.7 g, Sodium 458.4 mg, Sugar 76.4 g
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
- In a bowl wash rice well in several changes of cold water until water is clear. Soak rice in cold water to cover overnight.
- Drain rice well in a sieve. Set sieve over a large deep saucepan of simmering water (sieve should not touch water) and steam rice, covered with a kitchen towel and a lid, 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender (check water level in pan occasionally, adding more water if necessary).
- While rice is cooking, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil with 1/3 cup sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and remove from heat. Keep mixture warm.
- Transfer cooked rice to a bowl and stir in coconut-milk mixture. Let rice stand, covered, 30 minutes, or until coconut-milk mixture is absorbed. Rice may be prepared up to this point 2 hours ahead and kept covered at room temperature.
- While rice is standing, in cleaned small pan slowly boil remaining 1/3 cup coconut milk with remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Transfer sauce to a small bowl and chill until cool and thickened slightly.
- To serve, mold 1/4 cup servings of sticky rice on dessert plates. Drizzle desserts with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide mango slices among plates.
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Sticky rice is a dessert made in Thailand, traditionally with glutinous rice, coconut milk and fresh mango.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the rice in a large strainer inside a large bowl and rinse the rice repeatedly in cold water until the water is clear (not cloudy with starch). Cover the rice with cold water and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the rice overnight.
- Place the rice in a sieve or steam basket over a pot of simmering water. (The water should be at the level of a double boiler so it creates steam but no water actually touches the rice as it cooks.) Cover the pot to trap the steam. Cook until the rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. You can test by pressing a few grains between your fingers or, better, tasting a few grains. Transfer the rice in an even layer to a baking sheet. Cover loosely. Leave at room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer and reduce the coconut milk by about half, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt and simmer until the sugar dissolves, a few minutes more. Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl. Remove the sugar mixture from the heat, then add it to the bowl with the cooked rice and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Gently combine the rice with the coconut mixture while breaking up the larger clumps of rice. Let it sit until the liquid is absorbed by the rice, at room temperature for 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a small pan, melt and lightly brown the butter over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and immediately remove the pan from the heat, tossing to toast and coat the sesame seeds with the butter, 1 minute. Drain.
- Toss the mango slices with about 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and set aside.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a cup measure, mold the rice mix into individual bowls. Alternatively, mold onto 1 large serving platter. Top with the lime zest, remaining lime juice, mango slices and toasted sesame seeds.
SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGOES
- Cover the rice with several inches of fresh water. Allow rice to stand for 30 minutes. Drain off water so that rice is covered by 1/4 inch of water.
- Place the rice in a microwave oven, cover, and cook on High until the water has mostly absorbed but the rice is still wet, about 10 minutes; stir and cook until almost dry, an additional 4 minutes.
- Mix half the coconut milk and 1 cup of sugar in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour the mixture over the rice and stir to coat rice with the mixture. Cover and allow the rice to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk into a saucepan and whisk in 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt, and cornstarch until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To serve, scoop the rice into individual serving bowls and top each serving with about 2 tablespoons of the coconut sauce and several pieces of mango.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.1 calories, Carbohydrate 96.4 g, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 110.6 mg, Sugar 42.8 g
People also searched
More about "sweet sticky rice and mango recipes"
BEST MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MANGO STICKY RICE
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Using a fine mesh strainer, rinse rice. Add rice, 1 cup coconut milk, and water to a medium pot and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Simmer, covered with lid slightly ajar, until rice is tender and water has been fully absorbed, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium pot over medium heat, bring remaining coconut milk and sugar and salt to a boil over medium heat.
THAI MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE: AUTHENTIC THAI STREET FOOD ...
5/5 (20)Category ThaiCuisine ThaiTotal Time 6 hrs 30 mins See details »
THAI MANGO SWEET STICKY RICE - JOYOUS APRON
5/5 (7)Category Dessert See details »
THAI SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 Servings 4Cuisine ThaiTotal Time 40 mins See details »
MANGO STICKY RICE ~ EASY CLASSIC THAI DESSERT - INQUIRING CHEF
4.4/5 (30)Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsServings 8Calories 232 per serving
- Make sweet coconut marinade: Combine 1 cup coconut milk with ⅓ cup sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar dissolves, ~2 minutes. Set aside.
- Make sticky rice: Steam sticky rice on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot by following these instructions. As soon as sticky rice is done, transfer to a bowl and stir in coconut marinade. Cover with a lid, plate, or foil. Set aside for 20 minutes (at room temperature) to let the marinade soak into the sticky rice.
- Toast coconut flakes: Place coconut flakes in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring constant, until coconut flakes are lightly toasted, 5 to 6 minutes.
THAI SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - THAI CALIENTE
5/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine ThaiTotal Time 4 hrs 25 mins
- While the rice is cooking simultaneously make the coconut sauce. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, add entire can of coconut cream. Gently stir and bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Once the coconut milk is at a gentle simmer, add the sugar and salt. Stir well to dissolve, then adjust heat to the lowest setting. At this point you want to taste the sauce. If you prefer a sweeter sauce you can add more sugar. Now reserve ¼ cup of the coconut milk to save for drizzling on top.
SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO (KHA NEOW MAMUANG) RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Calories 480 per servingServings 8
- Meanwhile remove the rice from steamer and cool it on a tray for one minute or until it is warm. Add the rice into the coconut cream mixture and combine well, remove the mixture from the heat and leave to rest for about 30 minutes minimum but preferably 2 hours.
THAI COCONUT SWEET STICKY RICE (MANGO STICKY RICE ...
5/5 (6)Calories 305 per servingCategory Dessert
- Don’t skip this step! Soaking the rice will allow the grain to swell slightly and is key to creating authentic sticky rice.
- Depending on the size of your cooking pot, you need to add enough rice to come to around 2 inches below where the bamboo steamer basket is. I used three cups of water.
- Place a lid over the pot and steam for around 20 minutes, until soft but with a slight ‘bite.’ See the video and photo’s for more guidance. Once ready, remove from the steamer and set aside in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, cane sugar, salt, and pandan leaves (or lime leaves) and heat on low for a few minutes. Then pour half of the liquid in with the rice and mix well.
COCONUT STICKY SWEET RICE WITH MANGO - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
4/5 (10)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 434 per serving
- Cook the sweet rice together with the water in a rice cooker until the water is absorbed (the rice cooker senses this for you). If you don’t have one, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan, reduce to simmer and cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- In another saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and pinch of salt over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved (and don’t boil it, or you will lose some of that delicate coconut flavor). Remove from the heat, stir in the rice, and cover. Let it sit for 1 hour, so it can absorb all the coconut milk.
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO, #1 THAI DESSERT - PLATEFUL OF VEGGIES
5/5 (9)Category Dessert
- Drain the water from rice and steam it. Use any steaming setup that you have. If the steamer has big holes make sure to line it with a damp cloth so that rice doesn’t fall through. Make sure there is space for steam to circulate.
- Steam covered for 15-20 minutes. The rice will turn translucent. Cooking time may vary based on how long the rice was soaked. Taste test to make sure it is cooked.Note: If using any other rice, keep in mind that steaming will not cook it. You will need to cook it immersed in a liquid, please check notes section below.
- When rice is steaming, place ¾ cup coconut milk, salt and sugar in a pot and gently heat until sugar dissolves. Keep the heat low as high heat may cause coconut milk to separate. Cover and keep this warm till rice finishes cooking.
MANGO STICKY RICE (INSTANT POT & STOVETOP) - COOK WITH MANALI
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 447 per serving See details »
SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - CASABALUARTEFILIPINORECIPES.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
SWEET RICE WITH MANGO – LOLA KUSINERA
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
THAI MANGO STICKY RICE (KHAO NIAOW MA MUANG) RECIPE
Ratings 320Calories 381 per servingCategory Dessert See details »
SWEET STICKY RICE RECIPE FILIPINO - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
See details »
SWEET PURPLE STICKY RICE RECIPES
See details »
THAI SWEET STICKY RICE RECIPES
See details »
HAPPY ONGPAUCO-TIU SHARES PERSONAL RECIPE FOR MANGO STICKY ...
See details »
DELICIOUS THAI SWEET RICE RECIPE FOR MANGO STICKY RICE ...
See details »
MANGO WITH SWEET STICKY RICE RECIPES
See details »
MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE - WE KNOW RICE
See details »
SWEET MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE WITH JASMINE | MINUTE® RICE
See details »
You'll also love