LEMONGRASS PORK WITH VIETNAMESE TABLE SALAD
- For dipping sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season sauce to taste with salt. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- For pork:
- Mix first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons oil in 11x7-inch glass dish. Add pork chops to marinade, turn several times to coat evenly, then crowd together in single layer. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- For salad and noodles:
- Arrange cucumber, pineapple, bean sprouts, all herbs, and carrot around edge of large platter. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender and turning white, separating often with tongs, about 4 minutes. Drain. Arrange in center of platter. Mound lettuce leaves in large shallow bowl.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill pork with marinade still clinging to meat until slightly charred and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Transfer pork to cutting board. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/3-inch-wide strips. Place pork and any juices from board atop noodles. To serve, fill lettuce leaves with pork, noodles, herbs, and vegetables. Serve with sauce for dipping.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET LEMONGRASS MARINADE
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, chile, and black pepper and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Arrange the pork chops in a rimmed dish in a single layer. Pour the marinade over, cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours. (The pork can also be refrigerated overnight. Bring meat to room temperature before grilling).
- 2. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill (you should be able to hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above the grate for only 2 to 3 seconds). When the coals are ready, push two-thirds of the coals to one-half of the grill, creating a hot zone; spread the remaining one-third on the opposite side of the grill to create a cooler zone.
- 3. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chops on the hottest part of the grill. Let cook for 1 minute, then flip and cook for 1 minute on the second side.
- 4. Move the chops to the cooler side of the grill and cook, turning once, for about 10 minutes total, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop registers 140°F, raking over coals from the hotter side of the grill if necessary to maintain an even temperature. Spritz any flare-ups with a spray bottle filled with water.
- 5. Transfer the chops to a large plate, tent with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut the meat from the bone and slice the meat across the grain on the diagonal. Transfer the slices and bones to a serving platter and serve.
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK
This is delicious chargrilled lemongrass pork like you get in Vietnamese restaurants. It goes great in noodle dishes, rice dishes, or served on its own! (This recipe was adapted from vietworldkitchen.com, check out the site for other delicious Vietnamese dishes!)
Provided by p00gJr
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the pork into pieces, you can leave it in steak sizes piece, or cut it into thin strips, depending on how much you want the marinade to cover.
- Add sugar, minced garlic, minced shallot, chopped onion, and minced lemongrass to mini chop and blend into a fine texture.
- Add the pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce, and oil and continue to blend.
- Cover the pork with the marinade. I suggest letting it marinate for at least a few hours so it can really soak in the flavors.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked through. You want a good char on this, like they do at the Vietnamese restaurants.
- Remove, allow to sit for a few minutes, and then enjoy!
GRILLED PORK LOIN WITH LEMONGRASS
The beauty of butterflying and rolling up a pork loin is that the marinade covers more of it, spicing up every bite. Next, refrigerate and wait while the riot of bold flavors-lemongrass, shallots, soy and fish sauces, brown sugar-does its thing. A leisurely 40 minutes on the grill renders the pork tender. Then your job is a cinch: Just tuck it into lettuce wraps and top with fresh herbs and a pickled carrot-daikon slaw.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a food processor, pulse garlic to chop, then add lemongrass and pulse until finely chopped. Add shallot and pulse to create a fine paste. Pulse in oil, soy and fish sauces, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Butterfly pork loin: Place pork on a cutting board vertically (with short sides at top and bottom). Using a large, sharp knife, and starting at top, cut lengthwise down the center, almost all the way through but leaving a hinge of about 1/2 inch. Unfold, as if opening a book.
- With knife blade parallel to cutting board, slice through left side of loin, opening meat as you go, and again leaving a hinge. Repeat with right side. If needed, pound loin to an even thickness with a meat mallet. Season with salt, then rub half of lemongrass paste all over meat. Re-form into original shape, tie with kitchen twine at 2-inch intervals, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature 1 hour before grilling.
- Prepare grill for direct- and indirect-heat cooking. Remove pork from plastic; place over indirect heat, cover, and cook, maintaining a temperature of about 400°F, about 20 minutes. Brush with remaining lemongrass paste and continue cooking, covered, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork registers 135°F, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to direct heat and cook, uncovered, turning frequently, until charred in places and thermometer registers 138 ̊F, about 5 minutes more. Let pork stand about 10 minutes, then thinly slice and serve with pickles, chili sauce, lettuce, and herbs.
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN SKEWERS: SUON NUONG XA
- Stir together the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and oil until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the lemongrass, shallot, garlic and pork and mix to coat the meat evenly. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Slide 2 to 4 slices of pork onto each skewer so the meat is flat with the skewer going through the slices several times. Grill over a barbecue (make sure that the flames have subsided and the coals are red with white ashes). Alternatively, heat a well-oiled grill pan or non-stick skillet over high heat and, working in batches, cook the skewers until the edges crisp, about 1 minute per side. Remove the skewers from the grilled pork.
- Divide the grilled pork among the bowls of rice vermicelli. Sprinkle peanuts and drizzle nuoc cham over each serving. Serve immediately.
- Whisk together the sugar, water, fish sauce, and lime juice in a bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the garlic, chile, and shallot, and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
GARLIC-TAMARIND PORK LOIN
- Mix lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, tamarind paste, sugar, and sambal oelek together in a bowl. Whisk for 1 minute. Poke pork tenderloin with a fork or knife and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade into the bag and seal while pressing out the air. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight for best results.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove pork loin from the bag and sear on the preheated grill, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Move to indirect heat until cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes more, depending on thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Cholesterol 108.5 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 1048.3 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
More about "lemongrass pork loin recipes"
THE PERFECT GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK - SEONKYOUNG LONGEST
Servings 4Total Time 28 mins
- Pour half of the marinade on a baking dish and place pork loin and pour rest of the marinade, move around the coat it evenly. Cover with a plastic wrap and marinate for over night. You can do this in a plastic bag as well.
- Heat a grill over medium heat (You can just cook it on a stove top or indoor grill too, follow the same directions). Scrap off the marinate from the pork and place the pork on the grill. Cook the pork until 145 degrees inside and nicely chard outside, about 10 to 12 minutes each side. I highly recommend to use meat thermometer.
LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
LEMON GARLIC PORK ROAST - JO COOKS
PORK AND LEMONGRASS DUMPLINGS | MARION'S KITCHEN
SLOW-COOKER LEMONGRASS PORK - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
LEMONGRASS PORK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMONGRASS GROUND PORK AND RICE BOWLS - INQUIRING CHEF
LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN WITH STIR-FRIED QUINOA
THAI LEMONGRASS PORK RECIPE | DAILY COOKING QUEST
LEMONGRASS PORK | CANADIAN LIVING
VIETNAMESE GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK CHOPS (THIT HEO NUONG XA)
AUTHENTIC THAI SPICY LEMONGRASS GROUND PORK STIR FRY
21 VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK CHOP RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT STYLE LEMONGRASS PORK - THE ART OF …
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - HOME CHEF
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK LOIN - RV COOKING MADE SIMPLE
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN - CANOLAINFO
VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT-STYLE GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK …
VIETNAMESE PORK CHOPS (LEMONGRASS PORK) - CASUALLY PECKISH
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN SKEWERS - SALT & LAVENDER
THE BEST MARINATED PORK LOIN RECIPE - LANA’S COOKING
LEMONGRASS PORK AND RICE NOODLE BOWL RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
LEMONGRASS PORK – VIETNAMESE. SIMPLY.
LEMONGRASS PORK SANDWICH RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS PORK (PALEO, WHOLE30, KETO) - I HEART …
VIETNAMESE GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK CHOPS (THIT HEO …
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
LEMONGRASS PORK LOIN — MY HEALTHY DISH | RECIPES, ROAST RECIPES, …
LEMONGRASS PORK BANH MI RECIPE | SIDECHEF
LEMONGRASS PORK STIR-FRY | WILLIAMS SONOMA
EASY PORK BáNH Mì RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS SALAD WITH DON OVEN ROASTED PORK LOIN
LEMON SALT ROASTED PORK LOIN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PORK LOIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN | RECIPE | PORK, RECIPES, PORK ...
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK LOIN BANH MI - THE KITCHY KITCHEN
GRILLED LEMONGRASS CILANTRO MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH
GRILLED LEMONGRASS PORK TENDERLOIN - CANOLAINFO
You'll also love