CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON-PEPPER BUTTER
Roasting fresh-picked corn is as old as the Ozark hills where I was raised. My Grandpa Mitchell always salted and peppered his butter on the edge of his plate before spreading it on his corn, and I did the same as a kid. Today, I continue the tradition by serving lemon-pepper butter with roasted corn-it's a favorite! -Allene Bary-Cooper, Wichita Falls, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain., Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix butter and lemon pepper. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning often., Cut string and peel back husks. Serve corn with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 24g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 520mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
JAMIE'S SWEET AND EASY CORN ON THE COB
- Fill a large pot about 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Stir in sugar and lemon juice, dissolving the sugar. Gently place ears of corn into boiling water, cover the pot, turn off the heat, and let the corn cook in the hot water until tender, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Fat 1.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 13.5 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
LEMONY CORN ON THE COB
- Combine the butter and the lemon pepper; spread on corn and place each ear on a piece of heavy duty foil.
- Roll foil lengthwise around each ear, and twist at each end.
- Grill corn, covered with grill lid, over medium coals (300F-350F) 20 minutes, turn after 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.1, Fat 12.6, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 95.2, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 2.9, Protein 3
CORN ON THE COB WITH CAYENNE AND LIME
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the corn and cook just 4 minutes, no longer.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter with the cayenne. Add the lime juice and salt. Drain the corn, brush generously with the flavored butter and serve immediately.
GRILLED LEMON-PEPPER CORN
Lemon pepper is a favorite flavor combination. Use lemon zest and grated pepper on this corn instead of the bottled spice blend for a fresher flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Mix 2 tablespoons each softened butter and olive oil with the grated zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Quarter 3 ears corn; arrange on a large sheet of foil and dollop with the butter. Form into a packet; flip and wrap again in foil. Grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
CORN ON THE COB WITH OLD BAY AND LEMON
If you've had the pleasure of eating your way through a bucket of Maryland blue crabs poured out onto newspaper, you've probably had Old Bay seasoning. It's a blend of celery salt, black pepper, crushed red-pepper flakes and paprika, and any member of its fiercely loyal Mid-Atlantic fan base will tell you that it should be present at any proper crab or shrimp boil. In this recipe, you get lots of that seaside flavor without having to source fresh blue crab.
Provided by Emily Fleischaker
Categories vegetables, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat your grill to medium-high. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until cooked through and lightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes. (Alternatively, add corn to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together butter, half the lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning.
- Slather hot corn with butter mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining zest and Old Bay seasoning, to taste. Serve with lemon wedges alongside for squeezing.
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON-BASIL BUTTER
- Butter: Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until basil is incorporated and the butter is light green.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl
- Corn: Pull off dry outside husks; tear several into 1/4-inch-wide strips to use as ties.
- Gently peel back inner husks, remove silk, and lightly coat corn with Lemon-Basil Butter.
- Lay inner husks back in place around corn.
- Tie at top with reserved husk strips.
- Immerse cobs in a large bowl of cold water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place on a hot grill for 20 minutes, turning often.
- Serve with extra Lemon-Basil Butter on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.8, Fat 36.1, SaturatedFat 22.1, Cholesterol 91.5, Sodium 243.1, Carbohydrate 30.4, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3.9, Protein 4.4
HERBED CORN ON THE COB
- Shuck corn, leaving husks attached at base. Discard corn silk. Spread about 3/4 tablespoon butter over each cob, then lay 3 thyme sprigs against each cob, pressing them gently into butter. Pull husks back up over corn. Remove 3 pieces of husk and tear into 12 strips total. Tie top of each husk closed with a strip, then let stand 1 hour (for flavors to develop).
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in pot (see cooks' note, below), then stand 4 to 6 ears of corn in pot (depending on size of pot), tied ends up, and steam, covered, moving outer ears to inside once with tongs, until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Steam remaining corn, in batches if necessary, in same manner, adding water as necessary. Serve with salt and additional butter on the side.
DELICIOUS AND EASY CORN ON THE COB
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir sugar into water to dissolve; add corn, cover pot, and turn heat off, leaving pot on hot burner.
- Steep corn in hot water until tender, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Fat 1.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 13.5 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
More about "lemony corn on the cob recipes"
24 BEST CORN ON THE COB RECIPES - IT IS A KEEPER
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
LEMON-GARLIC GLAZED CORN ON THE COB RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (4)Calories 149 per servingCategory Healthy Vegetarian 4th of July Recipes
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB RECIPE, WITH LEMON THYME BUTTER – 3 POINTS
CHILLIWACK CORN ON THE COB WITH HERB LEMON …
GARLIC & LEMON AIOLI CORN ON THE COB (NON-GMO, VEGAN)
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON-BASIL BUTTER - REDBOOK
MILK-STEAMED CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON BUTTER AND PARMESAN
CORN ON THE COB WITH TRUE LEMON PEPPER BUTTER – TRUE CITRUS
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON-CURRY SPICE BUTTER RECIPE
CHILLIWACK CORN ON THE COB WITH HERB LEMON BUTTER
CORN ON THE COB WITH OLIVE OIL, PARMESAN, AND LEMON
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON-CHIVE BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON PEPPER CORN ON THE COB | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
HOW TO COOK CORN ON THE COB - RECIPES BY LOVE AND LEMONS
10 BEST CORN ON THE COB SEASONING RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE LEMON AND CHILLI CORN ON THE COB? - SUJITHA EASY …
GRILLED LEMONY CORN ON THE COB RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRILLED CORN IN FOIL WITH LEMON DILL BUTTER - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER | GREAT ON CORN ON THE COB - SEARCHING FOR SPICE
11 CORN ON THE COB RECIPES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
LEMON HERB BUTTER CORN ON THE COB | HEINEN'S GROCERY STORE
AW, SHUCKS: GRILLED LEMON AND HERB CORN ON THE COB RECIPE
CASEY'S CLASSIC CORN ON THE COB – CASEY MORGAN'S
CREAMY CILANTRO LIME CORN ON THE COB - EASY VEGAN RECIPES
LEMON N CHILLY CORN ON THE COB | INDIAN | KID-FRIENDLY | RECIPE
GRILLED LEMONY CORN ON THE COB RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LEMONY CORN ON THE COB - CHAMPSDIET.COM
GRILLED LEMON AND HERB CORN ON THE COB RECIPE | RECIPES, GRILLED ...
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON, HERBS, MASCARPONE, AND ALMONDS
LEMONY CORN ON THE COB - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
3 WAYS TO ENJOY CORN ON THE COB | SAQ.COM
LEMONY CORN ON THE COB RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON BASIL PESTO - THE LEMON BOWL®
LEMON-GARLIC GLAZED CORN ON THE COB RECIPE - WHAT'S COOKING …
LEMON HERB GRILLED CHICKEN, CORN ON THE COB, AND ONIONS RECIPE
CORN ON THE COB WITH LEMON-BASIL BUTTER RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #barbecue #easy #vegetarian #dietary #corn #equipment #grilling #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love