LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD
- In a medium saucepan, cover lentils with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover, and cook until lentils are tender but still holding their shape, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in bulgur,1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4teaspoon pepper. Cover; remove from heat, and let stand until bulgur has absorbed liquid, 30 minutes.
- Transfer bulgur to a large bowl. Gently stir in lentils, tomatoes, scallions, lemon juice, and oil. Serve sprinkled with feta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 19 g, Protein 18 g
BULGUR AND LENTIL SALAD
The best lentils for this hearty salad are French green lentils or black beluga lentils. They're more likely to stay intact while cooking than brown lentils.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves six
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the lentils, onion, garlic and bay leaf in a saucepan, and add 2 to 3 cups water, enough to cover by an inch or two. Bring to a gentle boil, add salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes until tender but intact. Remove from the heat. Remove and discard the onion, garlic cloves and bay leaf. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the bulgur in a medium bowl, and add salt to taste. Cover with 2 cups hot or boiling water, and allow to sit for 20 to 25 minutes until most of the water is absorbed. Drain through a strainer and squeeze out the water.
- Combine the lentils, bulgur, scallions, radishes, parsley and mint in a large bowl or salad bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and the olive oil. Toss with the salad, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 372, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 309 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
RED LENTIL AND BULGHUR SALAD
- In a medium saucepan, combine lentils and 5 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, until lentils are soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in bulghur and 1/2 cup oil. Season with herbamare. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet, heat 5 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place red pepper in a food processor and puree. In a small nonstick skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add red pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until puree becomes dry, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add onions and red-pepper puree to lentils, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Transfer to serving dish. In a small bowl, stir together tomato, parsley, and scallion. Serve lentils garnished with tomato mixture.
LENTILS WITH BULGUR AND HERB SALAD
- If time allows soak lentils in cold water to cover an hour or more. Drain. Soak onion in salted water to cover until ready to serve.
- Put 1 tablespoon oil in a large deep saucepan, and turn heat to medium. A minute later add garlic and cook until fragrant, another minute or so. Add tomato, cayenne and cumin and cook until tomato is soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bulgur and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, then add liquid and lentils. Bring to a boil, then cover, and adjust heat so mixture simmers steadily. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until lentils and bulgur are tender and all liquid is absorbed. If mixture starts to dry out, add liquid as needed and continue cooking. You will definitely need to add liquid if you did not soak the lentils. If mixture is too wet, raise heat a bit and cook uncovered, stirring, until it dries out.
- Toss herbs and lettuce with remaining olive oil and lemon juice to taste; add salt and pepper to taste. Serve lentil-bulgur mixture topped with dressed greens, drained onions and a dollop of yogurt on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 266, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 676 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
LENTIL SPROUT AND BULGUR SALAD
- In medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in fine-meshed sieve and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled bulgur, lentil sprouts, capers and vegetables and toss well.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the bulgur mix in the bowl and toss until well blended.
- Serve in a pretty bowl over lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504.4, Fat 35, SaturatedFat 4.9, Sodium 1458, Carbohydrate 45.7, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 7, Protein 11.6
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD
- Cover lentils with water by 1 inch in a medium pan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until lentils are tender but still holding their shape, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the lentils.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the bulgur, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cover, remove from heat and let sit until bulgur has absorbed liquid, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer bulgur to a large bowl.
- Gently stir in the lentils and all remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220.9, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 11.1, Sodium 156.7, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 4, Protein 7.6
CRUNCH'S LENTIL SALAD
- Bring water and lentils to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lentils are almost tender, about 15 minutes; add bulgur and salt. Cover saucepan and remove from heat; set aside until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until until tender and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and red bell pepper; cook and stir until red bell pepper is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine bulgur-lentil mixture and vegetable mixture in a bowl; add balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.6 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 9.8 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 9.6 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
BULGUR AND LENTIL SALAD WITH TARRAGON AND WALNUTS
- In a small bowl combine shallot and 1 tablespoon vinegar. In a small saucepan simmer lentils in water to cover by 2 inches until just tender but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain well. Add hot lentils to shallot mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cool mixture, stirring occasionally.
- In a small heavy saucepan combine 1 1/2 cups water, bulgur, and salt and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer bulgur to a large bowl and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Add lentils to bulgur with celery, carrot, tarragon, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, oil, walnuts,and salt and pepper to taste and toss well. Salad may be make 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
More about "lentil bulgur salad recipes"
BULGUR WHEAT & LENTIL SALAD | VEGETABLE RECIPES | JAMIE …
Servings 4-6Total Time 1 hrCategory SidesCalories 574 per serving
- Place the bulgur in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to expand and cool for 30 to 45 minutes.
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD RECIPE : SBS FOOD
HERBED BULGUR AND LENTIL SALAD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
LENTIL BULGAR SALAD - GATHER AND DINE
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD RECIPE - DELISH
LENTIL BULGUR SALAD - SPROUTPEOPLE
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD | BASICS
BULGUR & LENTILS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BULGUR AND LENTIL SALAD - WHEN FETA MET OLIVE
MEDITERRANEAN BULGUR & LENTIL LUNCH SALAD - THE …
10 BEST BULGUR WHEAT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRENCH LENTIL SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
GREEK-STYLE BULGUR AND LENTIL SALAD – SUNNYLAND MILLS
THE BEST LENTIL SALAD RECIPE! - GIMME SOME OVEN
LENTIL BULGUR SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
BULGUR AND LENTIL SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
EGGPLANT, LENTIL, AND BULGUR SALAD RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
BULGUR WINTER SALAD WITH LENTILS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
EGGPLANT, LENTIL, AND BULGUR SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RED LENTILS WITH BULGUR - 4 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
LENTIL TABBOULEH SALAD WITH FRENCH LENTILS - STRIPED SPATULA
WARM BULGUR & LENTIL SALAD – LENTILS.ORG
TURKISH DELICATESSEN LENTIL SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND BULGUR
BULGUR, LENTIL AND CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
COUSCOUS SALAD (EASY RECIPE) - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
EGGPLANT, LENTIL, AND BULGUR SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LENTIL SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD | URMC NEWSROOM
LENTIL AND BULGUR SALAD: TURKISH BAT - QUICK AND TASTY FOOD
EGGPLANT, LENTIL, AND BULGUR SALAD - BEAN SALAD RECIPES - DELISH
LENTIL TABBOULEH RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook bulgur and lentils?Place lentils in a saucepan with 500 ml water over medium heat. Partially cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Meanwhile, place bulgur in a bowl, cover with 500 ml boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes. Drain and add to lentils. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
How to make lentil salad?Combine the lentils, bulgur, scallions, radishes, parsley and mint in a large bowl or salad bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and the olive oil. Toss with the salad, and serve. Advance preparation: You can make this several hours, or even a day, ahead of serving.
How to cook bulgur?Preparation Combine the lentils, onion, garlic and bay leaf in a saucepan, and add 2 to 3 cups water, enough to cover by an inch or two. Bring to a gentle boil, add salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes until tender but intact. Meanwhile, place the bulgur in a medium bowl, and add salt to taste.
How to cook lentils for lentils soup?Put the lentils, garlic and bay leaves in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cover with plenty of cold water and bring it to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a colander, discard the garlic and bay leaves and place the lentils in a large mixing bowl.