SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE I
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 236.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
Create your own sour mix at home following this easy-to-make recipe. You can adjust the flavor by using either all lemon or lime juice or varying the proportions of lemon to lime juice.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-2/3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is dissolved, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature., Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Add lemon and lime juices. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET/SOUR LIME PICKLE
- Wash and dry the limes.
- Make deep cross cuts.
- Crush jaggery.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in oil and add to the jaggery.
- Fill each lime with this and pack in jars rather loosely.
- For the next 3 days, stir with a long handled spoon in the jar.
- Turn limes at this stage.
- It would be nice to keep the jar in a lightly sunny position in the kitchen, as this aids the jaggery in melting rapidly and giving it a syrupy texture.
- Now, remove the jars and place on the pantry shelf for 2-3 months before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.3, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 1985.8, Carbohydrate 60.4, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 41, Protein 1.9
LEMON SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
This has been a staple in my house for many years. My friend's aunt use to make this and it is so much better than the sweet and sour sauces of today. One thing that I like is to omit the catsup and add 2 tablespoons diced cucumber AFTER the mixture has cooled.
Provided by Brandess
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add sugar, the juice of 2 lemons, and the zest of one lemon and catsup.
- Mix cornstarch with the water and slowly drizzle into mixture.
- Simmer over medium, stirring constantly heat until sauce thickens. It should only take 2-3 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 36.8, Sodium 14.6, Carbohydrate 9.9, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 7.2, Protein 0.1
LIME SWEET AND SOUR
- Mix fresh lime juice with simple syrup. The mix will last up to a week when refrigerated but it is best to use it within 2 days.
More about "lime sweet and sour recipes"
SWEET AND SOUR KEY LIME PORK - A FAMILY FEAST®
Reviews 52Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 6-8Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Place all sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan and heat to combine. Remove from heat and store until needed.
- In a bowl, mix pork, sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce and key lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- After the pork marinates for 30 minutes, add the two egg whites and work into the mixture with your hands. Pour out the corn starch onto a platter or bowl and dredge the pork in the corn starch. Do a few at a time and lay out on a board not touching. They will be sticky and gooey. Repeat for all pork using more corn starch as needed.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET & SOUR - TIPSY BARTENDER
MIDORI SOUR - TIPSY BARTENDER
HOW TO MAKE SWEET AND SOUR MIX - BREAD BOOZE BACON
21 LIME RECIPES THAT ARE FULL OF FLAVOR - INSANELY GOOD
10 BEST MARGARITA WITH SWEET AND SOUR MIX RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR MIX - SHAKE DRINK REPEAT
STRAWBERRY-LIME SWEET & SOUR RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
18 BEST LIME DESSERTS - EASY RECIPES FOR KEY LIME DESSERT …
RESTAURANT STYLE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - KEY TO …
LIME SOUR COCKTAIL RECIPE - DIFFORD'S GUIDE
HOW TO MAKE FRESH SWEET AND SOUR MIX FOR COCKTAILS
15 SOUR AND SWEET DAIRY-FREE LIME DESSERTS! - ONE GREEN …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Raw Pistachio, Coconut, and Lime Cheesecakes. Image Source: Raw Pistachio, Coconut, and Lime Cheesecakes. Advertisement. These Raw Pistachio, Coconut, and Lime Cheesecakes from Tiana Haines are simple to make but contain a delightfully complex flavor.
- Mango, Lime, and Coconut Tart. Picture this: the weather is good, the sun is shining and you’re biting into a light, tropical Mango, Lime, and Coconut Tart from Rosie Newton and Dillon Sivyour.
- Key Lime Sparkle Cookies. These beautiful, buttery Key Lime Sparkle Cookies from Lisa Lotts are sweet and tart — just like their namesake pie. Topped with a white glaze and sprinkled with sparkly sugar, they look like the perfect lovely cookie.
- Mini Margarita Cheesecakes. Full disclaimer — these Mini Margarita Cheesecakes from Sophia DeSantis are family friendly. Think of them as more “margarita inspired” than actually full of margarita.
- Raw Key Lime Pie. This Raw Key Lime Pie from Phoebe Douglas is the ultimate treat! It’s raw, contains few ingredients , healthy, and delicious!
- Raw Oil-Free Avocado Lime Tart. This Raw Oil-Free Avocado Lime Tart from Heidi Turunen only contains a handful of ingredients and is quick and easy to make.
- Blueberry Lime Layer Cheesecake. Blueberry and lime is a winning flavor combo in this Blueberry Lime Layer Cheesecake from Emily Spain — they’re so complementary and only enhance each other’s flavor.
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl. This raw Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl from Mariko Sakata makes a perfect breakfast. The combo of banana, avocado, and dates makes it quite filling too.
- Raw Kiwi Lime Cheesecake. This recipe for Raw Kiwi Lime Cheesecake from Meghna Purandare is so simple but packed with zesty flavor and creamy texture!
- Key Lime Pie Parfaits With Aquafaba Whipped Cream. What’s better than key lime pie? Key Lime Pie Parfaits With Aquafaba Whipped Cream from Mindful Avocado of course!
*BEST* SWEET AND SOUR MIX – A COUPLE COOKS
LIME SWEET AND SOUR PORK RIBS | MISS CHINESE FOOD
CILANTRO LIME SAUCE FOR FISH TACOS - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
LIME SWEET AND SOUR PRAWNS | ALLYSON GOFTON
AMARETTO SOUR RECIPES: BALANCING THE SWEET AND THE SOUR
KEY LIME PIE (WITH SOUR CREAM) — SALT & BAKER
JIM BEAM® BOURBON SOUR RECIPE | BOURBON MIXED DRINK RECIPE
WHISKEY SOUR WITH LIME – A COUPLE COOKS
HOMEMADE SWEET AND SOUR MIX - COCKTAIL RECIPE - REAL …
13 SWEET AND SAVORY LEMON-LIME SODA RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
IS LIME SWEET? – CULINARY DEBATES
FRESH LIME TEQUILA SOUR - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
SWEET & SOUR LIME PICKLE – KHATTA MEETHA NIMBU KA ACHAR
12 POPULAR SWEET AND SOUR MIXED DRINKS | LOVETOKNOW
A GUIDE TO SWEET LIMES | MARTHA STEWART
LIME SOUR RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
SWEET AND SOUR LIME CHICKEN - FOOD24
WHISKEY SOUR WITH ROSES LIME JUICE RECIPES
10 BEST SWEET AND SOUR MARINADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET & TART HOMEMADE SOUR MIX – A NERD COOKS
WHAT ARE SWEET LIMES? - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET AND SOUR LIME DRESSING - BIGOVEN.COM
SWEET AND SOUR MIX RECIPE (MAKES THE BEST MARGARITAS!) - SIMPLE …
KEY LIME WHISKEY SOUR RECIPE - FLORIDA DANCING JUICE
BEST HOMEMADE SOUR MIX RECIPE - SUGAR AND SOUL
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for sweet and sour mix?Sweet and Sour Mix Recipe. Method 1: Make the simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1 cup each fresh lime juice and fresh lemon juice.
How do you make sour mix with lemon and lime?Add 1 cup each lemon and lime juices, bottle, and refrigerate. Method 3: Combine one part pre-made simple syrup with one part lemon or lime juice (or equal parts of the two fruits). This last method is great for a last-minute sour mix if you already have the syrup in stock.
How do you make sour wine at home?Made with fresh lemon and lime juice, sugar, and water, this sour recipe is a simple but essential craft drink staple. Add ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before bottling. Store for about 2 to 3 weeks in a bottle in the refrigerator.
What is the best syrup to mix with lime juice?Although it’s usually made with just lime juice, you can use sour mix in it as well. Raspberry Simple Syrup – Sweet, tart, and perfect for mixing in cocktails, iced teas, or lemonades! Candied Lemons – These make a sweet, beautiful garnish for any drink. Grenadine Syrup – Made with pomegranate juice, this bar staple is way better homemade!