" ANT" KELLY'S LONDON BROIL MARINADE
My niece Shwana loves this! She always writes my name "Ant" Kelly when we play Rummy or Scrabble - started when she was little and stuck. I always make this when we go tubing in Wisconsin. Prep time includes does not include time to marinate.
Provided by KJK 5
Yield 3-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Lightly score meat in a diamond pattern on each side.
- Place meat in a resealable bag. Pour in marinade. Squish meat and marinade around to get all the nooks and crannies.
- Marinate in refrigerator 2-3 hours or up to 24 hours, rotating occasionally. Can be frozen in the marinade too (see "For Camping" for how I do this).
- 20-30 minutes before cooking take meat out of the refrigerator to come up in temperature.
- Cook in the broiler or on the grill on high heat for 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness and desired doneness. I have been asked about roasting temperatures, I have never done this, always grill or broil.
- **For camping - Place the fresh London broil and marinade in a zipperbag, squeeze out as much air as possible, seal, place inside a vacuum pack bag. Vacuum pack and freeze (I like to vacuum pack the zipper back to guard against leaks in the cooler). Put frozen in the camping cooler, after a day or two it is defrosted and can be cooked on the grill with minimal preparation and mess.**.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673.5, Fat 39.7, SaturatedFat 11.5, Cholesterol 196.6, Sodium 1620.7, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 4.7, Protein 67
LONDON BROIL MARINADE
This is from Martha Stewart's magazine several years ago. Although it has lots of ingredients, it's simple to make.
Provided by AnneM10
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Assemble all ingredients in glass bowl, and mix well. Place 1-2 lb London broil in marinade in the refrigerator overnight. Grill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.7, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 233.1, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1.3, Protein 0.6
LONDON BROIL MARINADE
Turn this affordable steak into a tender, juicy, and flavorful piece of meat with a simple 5-minute London Broil Marinade!
Provided by Blair Lonergan
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until completely combined. Pour marinade into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add London Broil to the bag, squeeze out all of the air, and seal the bag. Toss gently to coat the London Broil with the marinade.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for about 4 hours (or up to 2 days), tossing occasionally to redistribute marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade, discard the marinade, and pat the meat dry.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 5.3 ounces beef and 1 tablespoon marinade, Calories 321 kcal, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Protein 54 g, Fat 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Cholesterol 133.3 mg, Sodium 433 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
LONDON BROIL MARINADE
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, brown sugar, powdered ginger, and red pepper flakes until combined.
- After marinating and grilling your steak, you can use the leftover marinade from the bag to create a sauce. Pour the London Broil marinade from the bag into a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Mix and let it simmer and thicken until it forms a sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 524 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
MARINATED GRILLED LONDON BROIL
- Combine the shallots, thyme, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and oil in a freezer-type zip-top plastic bag. Add the steaks. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the bag. Place the bag in a medium bowl in the refrigerator to marinate overnight, turning bag several times for even coating.
- Heat a grill.
- Drain the steaks, reserving the marinade. There will not be much. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Rinse the bag with 1/4 cup water and add to marinade. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes and stir in the butter.
- Grill steaks to medium-rare, about 2 minutes each side.
- Let stand 4 to 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice at an angle across the grain, which runs up and down the short side of the steak. Bring the marinade-butter mixture back to a boil, pour over the meat, and serve immediately.
GRILLED MARINATED LONDON BROIL
For an ultra-flavorful main, make this Grilled Marinated London Broil from Food Network. The meat's marinated for hours in balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mince the garlic to a paste with salt and in a blender blend with the salt, red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
- In a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag, combine London broil with marinade. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and put in a shallow baking dish. Marinate steak, chilled, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Bring steak to room temperature before grilling. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off, and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, 7 to 9 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Holding a knife at a 45-degree angle, cut steak across grain into thin slices and serve with tomatoes.
MARINATED LONDON BROIL
- Mix shallots, soy sauce, olive oil, thyme, hot sauce and lemon juice together in a non-reactive broiling pan. Score the steak, place it in the pan and turn in the marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours at room temperature or up to 24 hours refrigerated. If refrigerated, turn the steak in the marinade occasionally. Drain off marinade and put into a saucepan. Place steak under broiler at 1 inch from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium. Leave the broiler door slightly ajar, so the heat stays on and air circulates. Meanwhile bring marinade to the boil. Remove from heat. Carve the meat in thin diagonal slices across the grain. Arrange the slices on a warm platter. Pour the carving juices and the marinade over the meat. Decorate with cress.
LONDON BROIL I
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, soy sauce, oil, ketchup, oregano, and black pepper. Pierce meat with a fork on both sides. Place meat and marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place steak on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Do not overcook, as it is better on the rare side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3.8 g, Cholesterol 75.4 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 30.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 1313.5 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
ED'S LONDON BROIL MARINADE
My brother gave me this recipe when he was involved in a gourmet cooking group. It is simple yet delicious, especially when the beef is cooked with mesquite briquettes.
Provided by Debra Barfoot
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blend onion, soy sauce, browning sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic in a blender until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 29 calories, Carbohydrate 5.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 2.3 g, Sodium 2049.5 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
MARVELOUS MARINATED LONDON BROIL
- Pour the honey into a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave the honey, uncovered, at high, 30 seconds to make it pour easily.
- Remove the measure from the microwave and add the oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and onion powder. Whisk to blend well.
- Place the meat in a gallon-size zipper-top plastic bag. Whisk the marinade once more and pour it over the meat. Seal the bag and turn the bag several times to cover the meat with marinade. Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours, turning the bag at least once, if possible.
- Turn on a gas grill to medium high.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the meat, covering the grill to the desired doneness, 7 to 10 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on the thickness. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the grill and slice across the grain. Serve at once, or let stand until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers, covered, up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.1, Fat 14.5, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 199.5, Carbohydrate 11, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 9.6, Protein 24.3
LEMON-MARINATED LONDON BROIL
- Prick the London broil on both sides several times with a fork; place into a resealable plastic bag. Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Pour into the bag with the meat, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 to 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the beef from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the beef until it is beginning to firm, and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 17 to 20 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Cover the meat with two layers of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.3 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 57.1 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 20.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 276.8 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
- Score top and bottom of meat with a 1 1/2 inch square pattern, and score the side. Sprinkle meat liberally with unseasoned meat tenderizer, then pierce with fork 1/8 inch apart and at least half-way through the meat on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with water, and rub in tenderizer. Place on a plate, cover, and set aside for an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, lemon juice, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, garlic, parsley, and tarragon vinegar. Pour marinade over meat, reserving a portion to be used for brushing (Note: DO NOT mix the reserved marinade with the meat; set aside for later). Pour remaining marinade over meat, recover dish and refrigerate for three hours, turning every half hour.
- Preheat grill for hot heat.
- Lightly oil grate, and position it 2 inches above the coals. Place meat on grill, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn meat over, brush with marinade, and cook for another 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 112.8 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 44.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 1192.3 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
EASY LONDON BROIL MARINADE
Makes a really yummy London Broil. For those who don't know (and I used to be one of those people) London Broil is a style of making flank steak. So don't look for London Broil in the meat section. Look for flat thin steak.
Provided by Laura Leigh
Yield 1 flank steak marinade
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Marinade at least 6 or 7 hours in refrigerator.
- I usually use a gallon size baggie to put everything in.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1007.8, Fat 109, SaturatedFat 14.1, Sodium 335.6, Carbohydrate 6.7, Sugar 3.5
More about "london broil marinade recipes"
LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE RED WINE VINEGAR | DEPORECIPE.CO
MARINATED LONDON BROIL WITH LEMON AND GARLIC RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY MARINATED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
LONDON BROIL RECIPE (OVEN METHOD) | KITCHN
LONDON BROIL MARINADE - SIMPLE JOY
GRILLED MARINATED LONDON BROIL - RECIPES | BLUE JEAN CHEF
HOW TO COOK LONDON BROIL (ON THE GRILL) - GRILL OUTDOOR RECIPES ...
LONDON BROIL RECIPE IN THE OVEN (EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
EASY MARINATED LONDON BROIL STEAK RECIPE | DIETHOOD
THE BEST LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE - SWEET LITTLE BLUEBIRD
HOW TO MARINADE LONDON BROIL : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SMOKED LONDON BROIL - HEY GRILL, HEY
MARINATED LONDON BROIL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY LONDON BROIL MARINADE - ALLERGY FREE ALASKA
QUICK AND EASY 6 INGREDIENT LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE
LONDON BROIL MARINADE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
EASY LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE • DISHING DELISH
BEST LONDON BROIL IN THE OVEN - THE DINNER-MOM
BEST LONDON BROIL MARINADE - EATING ON A DIME
LONDON BROIL MARINADE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
MARINATED LONDON BROIL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLASSIC MARINATED LONDON BROIL
LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE | BY LEIGH ANNE WILKES
EASY LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE - AGGIE'S KITCHEN
LONDON BROIL MARINADE - THE TASTY TRAVELERS™
AMAZING LONDON BROIL ON THE GRILL - BEST BEEF RECIPES
TRAEGER BRISKET-STYLE MARINATED LONDON BROIL RECIPE
EASY LONDON BROIL RECIPE | HOW TO COOK, CUT AND PREPARE LONDON …
BEST LONDON BROIL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LONDON BROIL - DELISH
TENDER MARINATED LONDON BROIL • THE CRUMBY KITCHEN
LONDON BROIL: STOVETOP RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
PERFECT MARINATED LONDON BROIL | A MIND "FULL" MOM
PIONEER WOMAN LONDON BROIL MARINADE : VIEW RECIPE VIDEOS
LONDON BROIL MARINADE RECIPE - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #beef #1-day-or-more #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #inexpensive #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to marinate London broil?Combine all of the marinade ingredients (balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, black pepper, salt, and optional thyme or oregano) in a bowl, storage bag, or brining container. Place the entire London broil in the marinade then refrigerate.
How to make the best London broil?Instructions 1 Whisk together oil, vinegar, and soy sauce. 2 Whisk in garlic, dijon mustard, pepper, and vinegar. 3 Place London broil in gallon-sized ziplock bag. Pour marinade over meat, seal, and make sure meat is completely coated. More ...
How long do you marinate meat for Broil dinner?The marinade used in this recipe is made with a mixture of red wine and balsamic vinegar, and top-round beef is used. The meat will need to marinate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight (and no longer than two days), so plan accordingly. All you really need to flesh out a great London broil dinner is a green salad...
How to cook London broil in a ziploc bag?Whisk in garlic, dijon mustard, pepper, and vinegar. Place London broil in gallon-sized ziplock bag. Pour marinade over meat, seal, and make sure meat is completely coated. Refrigerate for several hours, then cook meat according to meat directions.