MATZO APPLE KUGEL
Delicious Passover specialty that's easy and can be served with either meat or dairy dinners! Can also be made ahead and cooked later.
Provided by Cindy Faigin
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the crumbled matzos in a medium bowl, and add enough water to cover. Let stand for 2 minutes, then drain off excess water. Do not squeeze.
- To the bowl of matzo, add eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, lemon juice and applesauce. Stir to combine. Mix in the apples and dried cranberries. Spread the mixture evenly into a 2 quart casserole dish. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden, and the apples are soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.7 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 317.7 mg, Sugar 24.4 g
Preheat oven on 350°F/175°C Mix together the eggs, sugar, oil. Add flour, baking powder and vanila sugar and mix until it forms a liquid dough. Slice or cut
Provided by spapp
Categories Kugel Recipes, Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven on 350°F/175°C Mix together the eggs, sugar, oil. Add flour, baking powder and vanila sugar and mix until it forms a liquid dough. Slice or cut the apples it cubes and put them in a pyrex dish and pour the dough on the apples. Bake for one hour or until it's brown, check with a toothpick!
Nutrition Facts :
NOODLE AND APPLE KUGEL
This comforting kugel tastes much richer than it is, and it is certainly lighter than a traditional kugel (though it is not a low-calorie dessert). I've made this with Golden Delicious apples and with tarter varieties like Pink Lady; I liked it both ways.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories breakfast, dessert
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart baking dish. Begin heating a large pot of water.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet and add the apples. Cook, stirring or tossing in the pan, until they begin to color and are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, add salt to taste and the noodles. Cook al dente, a little firmer than you would want them if you were eating them right away. Drain through a colander and add to the pan with the apples (if using long flat noodles, cut them first with a scissors into shorter lengths). Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and toss together until the butter melts. Stir in the optional raisins. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the sugar and beat together until the mixture is thick. Beat in the yogurt, vanilla, rum, nutmeg and about 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste. Add the noodles and apples and fold everything together. Scrape into the prepared baking dish. Push the pasta down into the egg and yogurt mixture (it will not be completely submerged, but try to cover as much as you can). Place in the oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes, until the kugel is set and the sides are browned. There will always be some noodles on top that brown and become quite hard. You can remove these from the baked dish if you wish. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 325, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 45 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 564 milligrams, Sugar 21 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Toss the apples with the brown sugar and orange juice, set aside in a medium bowl.
- 3. Break the matzoh into 2- to 3-inch pieces and soak in 1 cup of warm water until soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- 4. While the matzoh soaks, beat the eggs with a wire whisk in a large bowl until blended. Add the salt, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, raisins, and apricots.
- 5. Squeeze the liquid from the softened matzoh and add the matzoh to the egg mixture with the apples. Stir the kugel well and pour into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart casserole dish or a 10x14-inch pan. Dot the top of the kugel with the 4 tablespoons of butter.
- 6. Bake the kugel for 1 hour. Cover the top with foil if the top begins to become too brown early in the baking. Remove the kugel from the oven and cool to room temperature.
APPLE MATZO KUGEL
The BEST kugel ever. I'm not Jewish but have a lot of Jewish friends, and they love this recipe! Good as a side dish, breakfast, dessert or snack!
Provided by LORANGE7
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish. Break the matzo sheets into pieces, and soak in a bowl of water until soft. Drain in a colander, mashing to squeeze the water out.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, salt, sugar, oil and cinnamon. Add the soaked matzo, and mix well. Fold in the apples and raisins. Spoon into the prepared baking dish, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until nicely browned and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.9 calories, Carbohydrate 37.8 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 173.1 mg, Sugar 22.8 g
MALKY'S APPLE KUGEL
I had this at a friend's house and when we got home, my husband insisted that I call her to get the recipe - so I did.
Provided by Mrsspeevs
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Placed sliced apples in an 8X8 oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and spread over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
CREAMY MATZO-APPLE KUGEL
This sweet and creamy kugel makes an impressive centerpiece for a Passover brunch. You can also serve it for dessert.
Provided by Food Network
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and saute apple slices on high heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned. Remove to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add 2 teaspoons butter to the skillet, lower heat to medium, and quickly saute raisins and almonds, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn them. Add to bowl with apples, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place matzo squares in another large bowl, and run cool water over them to soften. Crumble the matzo, and drain in a colander. Return drained matzo to bowl.
- Combine eggs with matzo and stir well. In another bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese thoroughly. Then add it to the matzo mixture, along with sugar, cinnamon, salt, and fruit-nut mixture. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Grease a 10-inch square Pyrex baking pan (or similar) with butter (use quite a bit), pour mixture into pan, and bake for 50 minutes or until top is a light golden brown. Let cool on counter. Loosen sides with a knife, place a large platter over the baking pan, and carefully turn the kugel out onto the platter. If any pieces stick in the pan, just put them in place. When cooled, sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar (best done through a sieve or sifter). YOu can serve this kugel warm (not hot) or at room temperature, but we like it best chilled in the refrigerator with the confectioners' sugar added just prior to serving.
APPLE MATZOH KUGEL
- Break matzohs in pieces, soak in water and drain.
- Combine eggs, salt, honey, oil, cinnamon and add to matzoh.
- Mix in nuts, apples and raisins.
- Place in 8- inch square baking dish and bake at 350°F degrees for 35 minutes.
APPLE NOODLE KUGEL
Provided by Ruth Cousineau
Categories Egg Brunch Dessert Bake Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur Apple Shavuot Noodle Nutmeg Butter Gourmet Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield Makes 8 (dessert or brunch side dish) servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in upper third. Butter a 1 1/2-quart gratin or other shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, 7 tablespoons sugar, zest, and nutmeg in a large bowl until well combined, then stir in apples.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain noodles, then toss well with apple mixture. Spread in baking dish and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Bake kugel until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
This simple-to-fix recipe came out of an old Swedish cookbook that my mom always held together with a large rubber band. The recipe is my favorite!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Arrange apples in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over apples. , In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar; beat in the milk and butter until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over apples; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack., Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Serve with warm kuchen.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "malkys apple kugel recipes"
PASSOVER MATZO KUGEL WITH APPLES | LITTLE CHEF BIG …
THE ESSENTIAL KUGEL RECIPE COLLECTION
HIGH PROTEIN APPLE NOODLE KUGEL - MAY I HAVE THAT …
CARAMEL APPLE KUGEL - WHAT JEW WANNA EAT
MYRNA’S APPLE RAISIN KUGEL (NOODLE PUDDING) - SIMPLY …
10 BEST APPLE CINNAMON NOODLE KUGEL RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE PIE KUGEL RECIPE | THE NOSHER - MY JEWISH …
APPLE KUGEL | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
APPLE KUGEL - KUGELS - KOSHER RECIPE - CHABAD.ORG
PASSOVER: APPLE MATZOH KUGEL - MY JUDY THE FOODIE
APPLE MATZO KUGEL - MANISCHEWITZ
APPLE MATZO KUGEL | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
APPLE NOODLE KUGEL - HANUKKAH RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
CARAMEL APPLE NOODLE KUGEL RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
MALKYS APPLE KUGEL RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
APPLE FARFEL KUGEL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY APPLE KUGEL RECIPE – SALESJOBINFO
MATZO APPLE KUGEL | RECIPE | PASSOVER RECIPES, APPLE KUGEL RECIPE, …
SWEET AND SAVORY APPLE NOODLE KUGEL - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
RECIPE: APPLE MATZOH KUGEL | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
NO-NOODLE APPLE KUGEL - KOSHER
APPLE KUGEL - ELICAVE
MATZO APPLE KUGEL - BIGOVEN.COM
MALKYS APPLE KUGEL RECIPE
MUM’S LOKSHEN KUGEL WITH APPLE - FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
RECIPE: APPLE LOKSHEN KUGEL | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
PASSOVER APPLE KUGEL - KOSHER IN THE KITCH!
HEALTHY APPLE KUGEL - KUGELS - KOSHER RECIPE - CHABAD
NOODLE AND APPLE KUGEL RECIPE | RECIPE | APPLE KUGEL RECIPE, …
APPLE KUGEL - JAMIE GELLER
APPLE KUGEL - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PASSOVER APPLE KUGEL | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
APPLE MATZAH KUGEL - KIDS WITH FOOD ALLERGIES
APPLE KUGEL RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love