The incomparable flavor of pure maple syrup is reason enough to make this sweet treat; that it is also quick to prepare is an added bonus. Maple syrup is marked and graded by its color, ranging from light to dark -- the darker the color, the more intense the flavor. If you can find grade B, use it here for both the batter and the icing.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan; line with parchment, and butter parchment. Dust with flour, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, maple syrup, and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; mix in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with 2 batches of sour cream; beat until just combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack to cool completely.
- Make the icing: Combine maple syrup and butter in a bowl. Sift in confectionersâ?? sugar, and whisk until combined. Adjust consistency with more syrup or sugar, if necessary. Spread maple icing over top of cake. Let set, at least 15 minutes, before serving.
SUGAR FREE CAKE
Really good with the added plus of being sugar free.
Provided by POLACKLADY
Categories Desserts Cakes Spice Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
- In a saucepan combine raisins with water and cook until the water is absorbed, cool.
- Combine eggs, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla, and liquid sweetener. Mix well. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg into egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Mix in raisins and chopped nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for one hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.6 calories, Carbohydrate 43.1 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 219.2 mg, Sugar 20.4 g
MAPLE SUGAR CAKE
Old-fashioned maple sugar frosting tops this tasty spice cake. Its homemade goodness and simplicity were just what the judges were looking for at the local fair where it won a blue ribbon. Our fair celebrates its 120th anniversary this year.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, milk, sour cream and maple flavoring. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and mace; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with syrup mixture, beating well after each addition., Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool., For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter and maple flavoring until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add enough sour cream to achieve spreading consistency. , Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 334mg sodium, Carbohydrate 85g carbohydrate (63g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MAPLE CAKE - SUGAR FREE
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes. Serve this warmed with a dollop of sugar free vanilla ice cream makes this delicious cake out of this world. Diabetic Exchange bread/starch 0.6, meat 0.4, milk 0.1, fat 1.5.
Provided by internetnut
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Toast nuts until fragrant, approximately 4-6 minutes. Let cool Combine nuts, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a food processor or blender. Process until nuts are finely ground. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl beat eggs, egg whites, SPLENDA and non-fat dry milk with an electric mixer on high speed, until mixture is thick and pale, approximately 3-5 minutes. Fold a portion of the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Then fold a portion of the wet ingredients into the egg mixture. Continue process until both the dry and wet ingredients are combined with the egg mixture. Start and end with the dry ingredients. Bake in a greased and floured 2x9" pan for 25 minutes.
- Frosting Directions.
- In a small bowl, combine water and vanilla. Sprinkle with gelatin and let.
- soften for 1 minute. In a double boiler bring about 1" of water to a slight simmer. In a heatproof mixing bowl combine egg whites, sugar free Maple Syrup, cream of tartar and salt. Set bowl over simmering water and beat with an electric mixer on low speed moving beaters constantly, until and instant thermometer reads 140oF. This should take approximately 3-5 minutes. Increase mixer speed to high and continue beating for 3 ½ minutes. Remove bowl from heat. Add gelatin mixture and continue to beat until cooled to room temperature, approximately 4-5 minutes. In a chilled bowl, beat cream with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold into meringue with rubber spatula. Cake Assembling and Decorating (optional).
- Place 1 cake layer, top-side down, on a cake plate. Spread 1 cup frosting on cake. Top with second cake layer top-side up. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides. Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours No more than 1 hour before serving, place a large shallow bowl of water beside stove. Pour a ½ cup of sugar free Log Cabin Syrup into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and boil gently, without stirring, until a drop of syrup immersed in cold water forms a thread between fingers, approximately 5-10 minutes. Immediately dip base of saucepan in water to stop cooking and cool syrup quickly. When syrup has cooled and thickened slightly, use a spoon to drizzle syrup over cake. If syrup has hardened re-warm over low heat. Chop 1/3 cup nuts. Using a flat metal spatula or pastry scraper, press nuts around bottom half of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.1, Fat 17.4, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 56, Sodium 620.4, Carbohydrate 29.4, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 7.3, Protein 12.6
More about "maple cake sugar free recipes"
HEALTHY GLUTEN-FREE MAPLE CAKE RECIPE | REFINED SUGAR …
Cuisine Cake & CupcakesTotal Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 240 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, sorghum flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract and stevia extract.
KETO LOW CARB SUGAR-FREE MAPLE SYRUP RECIPE – 4 …
VEGAN MAPLE CUPCAKES WITH PURE MAPLE BUTTERCREAM …
SUGAR-FREE BAKING | BBC GOOD FOOD
MAPLE GLAZED BROWN SUGAR CAKE - WORTH WHISKING
MAPLE CAKE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE YUMMY AND EASY SUGAR FREE MAPLE FUDGE
LEMON MAPLE CAKE (GLUTEN FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE)
HOW TO MAKE YUMMY AND EASY SUGAR FREE SPONGE CAKE
SUGAR FREE CHEESECAKE WITH MAPLE PECAN TOPPING
20 BEST SUGAR-FREE CAKES - TOP RECIPES
*ADDICTING* MAPLE CAKE - LAUREN'S LATEST
MAPLE SUGAR — RECIPES — THE BOY WHO BAKES
SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE - MY SUGAR FREE KITCHEN
17 BEST SUGAR-FREE CAKES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
20 SUGAR FREE CAKE RECIPES WITH STEVIA (KETO - KIT'S KITCHEN
21 DELICIOUS SUGAR-FREE CAKES FOR DIABETICS - STEM + SPOON
PECAN MAPLE CAKE - LOVEFOODIES
10 BEST MAPLE SYRUP CAKE SUGAR FREE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
NATURALLY SWEETENED RECIPES - COOKIE AND KATE
MOIST FRUIT, NUT AND MAPLE CAKE | MAPLE FROM CANADA
GLUTEN, GRAIN, AND REFINED SUGAR FREE MAPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE
MAPLE SYRUP CAKE RECIPES NO SUGAR RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
SUGAR-FREE MARBLE CAKE – BAKING LIKE A CHEF
MAPLE SYRUP CAKE | FOODLAND ONTARIO
MAPLE CAKE WITH MAPLE STREUSEL - LIV FOR CAKE
RECIPE FOR SUGAR-FREE MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
MAPLE SYRUP CAKE RECIPE - SWEETPHI
MAPLE GOOEY BUTTER CAKE - BAKING A MOMENT
(HOMEMADE) THE EASIEST SUGAR FREE APPLE CAKE RECIPE
MAPLE CAKE - A PERFECT SPRING TREAT FROM THE GRANARY
DAIRY FREE MAPLE CAKE, THIS CAKE TAKES 5 MINUTES TO PREPARE.
10 BEST SUGAR FREE MAPLE SYRUP COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAPLE CAKE RECIPE GLUTEN FREE | LET'S BE YUMMY
REFINED SUGAR FREE CARROT CAKE - NATURALLY SWEET KITCHEN
10 BEST GRANULATED MAPLE SUGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE A BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH NO SUGAR OR SWEETENER
10 BEST MAPLE SYRUP CAKE SUGAR FREE RECIPES - YUMMLY
REFINED SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE | VEGAN, GF OPTIONS
MAPLE SYRUP SWEETENED CHOCOLATE CAKE & 5 THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT ...
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love