MARINATED SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON
- Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
- Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 17.2 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 269.7 mg, Sugar 7 g
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS
I thought of this combination when thinking of Christmas Eve seafood recipes. It is so simple & was a big hit. The mustard makes kind of a crunchy coating that everyone loved. This is intended as an appetizer but can be very easily scaled up or down.
Provided by Elmotoo
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place scallops 1" apart on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet with sides.
- Combine mustard & maple syrup.
- Liberally coat the scallops with mixture using a pastry brush.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, depending on size, until cooked through & opaque.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.4, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 14.8, Sodium 307, Carbohydrate 11.7, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 8.6, Protein 8.4
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Remove tough muscle from side of each scallop if necessary. Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. In a 10-to 12-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallops 1 to 2 minutes on each side (depending on size), or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer scallops with tongs to a plate and keep warm, covered loosely.
- In oil remaining in skillet cook shallot over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add wine and boil, scraping up brown bits, 1 minute. Stir in water and mustard and simmer until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add butter and swirl skillet, returning skillet to heat as necessary, until butter is just incorporated into sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto a small platter or 2 plates. Top sauce with scallops and sprinkle with scallion. Serve scallops with caraway rice cakes.
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS
With the vast shorelines of the PNW, scallops are big business. Please use REAL maple syrup, preferably from New England. ;) I thought of this combination when thinking of Christmas Eve seafood recipes. It is so simple & was a big hit. The mustard makes kind of a crunchy coating that everyone loved. This is intended as an...
Provided by Beth Renzetti
Categories Seafood Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 3
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Place scallops 1" apart on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet with sides.
- 3. Combine mustard & maple syrup.
- 4. Liberally coat the scallops with mixture using a pastry brush.
- 5. Bake 20-30 minutes, depending on size, until cooked through & opaque.
SCALLOPS WITH MAPLE MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
Provided by á-174942
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Saute bacon and pour off fat. Cool and crumble. Set aside. Melt butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Briefly saute scallops until heated through about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a warm bowl. Add half-and-half to scallop liquid and boil cream, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Keep an eye on the heat and lower to medium, maintaining a steady reduction. Add mustard, maple syrup and pour in any juices collected in scallop bowl. Boil another 3 to 4 minutes until reduced again to sauce consistency. Add scallops and crumbled bacon to sauce, toss quickly and serve immediately. This recipe yields ?? servings.
More about "maple mustard scallops recipes"
MAPLE MUSTARD GLAZED SALMON - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (120)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 271 per serving
MAPLE GLAZED SEARED SCALLOPS | WITH TWO SPOONS
Reviews 1Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a small saucepan combine 3 tablespoons butter, maple syrup, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a slow simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Once cast iron skillet is hot, place ¼ of the scallops into the pain. Sear scallops 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the following 3 batches. Be careful not to overcrowd the skillet, depending on the size of your cast iron skillet you may need to do an additional batch.
- After all scallops have been removed to the plate, turn off of the heat and move the skillet off of the burner. Pour maple glaze into the cast iron skillet. Quickly place the scallops back in the pan and baste in the glaze. Serve immediately.
NEW ENGLAND MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (6)Category Lunch/SnacksAuthor Marie NixonCalories 257 per serving
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS | RUSSELL HOBBS
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
BACON WRAPPED MAPLE SCALLOPS | THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory 150+ Best Appetizers RecipesCalories 263 per serving
MAPLE-SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
3.6/5 (104)Total Time 10 minsCategory SauteCalories 108 per serving
MAPLE GLAZED SEA SCALLOPS | HALLMARK PUBLISHING
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS RECIPES
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SCALLOPS WITH MAPLE MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
MAPLE MUSTARD ATLANTIC SALMON WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES ...
RECIPES ARCHIVES - MASSACHUSETTS MAPLE PRODUCERS ...
SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CAJUN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - CLOSET ...
NEW ENGLAND MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS RECIPES
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS RECIPE - HEALTHY.FOOD.COM
PAN-SEARED MAPLE SCALLOPS - NEW ENGLAND COOKS
SHEET-PAN MAPLE-MUSTARD PORK CHOPS & CARROTS RECIPE ...
SCALLOPS WITH MAPLE MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE | RECIPES WIKI ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #seafood #american #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #scallops #northeastern-united-states #low-in-something #shellfish #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make bacon wrapped Maple scallops?Instructions Whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, and mustard. Add scallops and marinate one hour. Partially cook the bacon, it should still be pliable. Let cool slightly. Preheat oven to 375º. Line baking sheet with foil for easier clean up if desired. Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop using a toothpick to secure. Place on baking sheet.
How to make maple mustard sauce for salmon?Arrange the salmon fillets in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, maple syrup, mustard and soy sauce. Pour over salmon. Add some freshly ground pepper, if preferred. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork. This sauce would also work great on other types of fish as a red snapper or cod.
How do you marinate scallops in soy sauce?If your scallops are huge like mine, cut some of the bigger ones in half. In a mixing bowl, add soy sauce, maple syrup, mustard and garlic paste (or powder) and whisk until combined. Add scallops to mixing bowl and carefully toss the scallops until they are covered with the marinade.
How do you cook scallops on a baking sheet?Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet. Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.