MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH PECANS
- Put all the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes; return to the saucepan over low heat. Cook until any remaining water evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add the cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt and all but 2 tablespoons butter; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Gradually mash in the milk until creamy. Season with black pepper; transfer to a serving dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat until just beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pecans; cook until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the brown sugar; pour over the mashed potatoes.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS
This maple-sweetened mashed sweet potato casserole has a brown sugar and pecan topping that bakes into a crunchy candylike crust.
Yield 12-14 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix sugar, pecans and butter in small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use. (Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 12 minutes. Drain. Let stand in colander 15 minutes. Purée sweet potatoes in processor.
- Beat eggs, syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and salt in large bowl. Mix in puréed sweet potatoes. Transfer sweet potato mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle pecan topping evenly over mixture.
- Bake until sweet potato mixture is set and topping bubbles, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes and serve.
PECAN SWEET POTATO BAKE
The luscious sweet potato pecan recipe was handed down through my husband's family, and it's become a tradition for me to serve it during the holidays. Everyone loves it! -Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. , For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Fold in pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET POTATOES WITH PECANS AND SAUSAGE
This recipes uses the dark orange colored sweet potatoes that are often sold in grocery stores under the name of yams. This is different spin on the usually sticky sweet potato casseroles that abound on Thanksgiving tables.
Provided by Vickie Eastwood
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Form sausage into round patties. Place patties in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until brown. Drain and set aside.
- Wash yams, prick with fork and place on baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until yams are soft. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cooled yams into 1 to 2 inch cubes and place in 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Add sausage, butter, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly, cover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823.5 calories, Carbohydrate 72.8 g, Cholesterol 74 mg, Fat 53.1 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 792.3 mg, Sugar 26.3 g
BRANDIED CANDIED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 2 inch chunks. Place them in a large pot of water and boil until tender.
- In a large skillet melt the butter or margarine. Stir in the brown sugar, brandy and salt. Stir until smooth. Add the sweet potatoes. Cook over low heat, stirring gently, until sweet potatoes are heated through and well glazed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.8 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 195.7 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
More about "mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans recipes"
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH CINNAMON-BROWN SUGAR SAUCE ...
4.5/5 (3)Category Side DishServings 8Total Time 1 hr 55 mins
- Heat oven to 350°F. Pierce sweet potatoes all over with fork; place on cookie sheet with sides. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork. Let stand 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and cinnamon to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Peel sweet potatoes; place in large bowl. Mash until no lumps remain. Add cream and salt; mash until smooth. Spoon potatoes into large serving bowl. Serve with brown sugar sauce.
SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (5)Calories 259 per servingServings 8
- Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork all over, about six times. Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake until very tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and, with a knife, make crosshatch marks, cutting into the potatoes about halfway through. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, and pecans (if using). Spoon the mixture onto the 8 sweet-potato halves. Heat in oven until the potatoes are hot and the sugar and nuts are browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN STREUSEL - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory HolidaysCalories 489 per serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (no need to salt). Add the sweet potatoes and cook until soft and very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave. (Alternatively, melt it in a small pan over low heat and transfer to a medium bowl.) Add the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon and mix until well combined. It should look a little clumpy. Stir in the chopped nuts and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked and drained sweet potatoes with a potato masher or large fork until very smooth. Add the melted butter, salt, sugar, and nutmeg and mix well. Mix in the eggs. It's okay if there are some lumps. Set aside.
BROWN SUGAR-PECAN MASHED SWEET POTATOES | BETTER …
Servings 14Total Time 12 hrs 25 mins
- In a 6-quart slow cooker combine sweet potatoes and broth. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Use a slotted spoon to transfer vegetables to a large bowl, reserving cooking liquid.
- Mash sweet potatoes until smooth, adding cooking liquid if needed to mash. Add buttermilk, butter, brown sugar, orange zest, and salt. Mash until light and fluffy. Sprinkle with candied pecans before serving.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN BROWN SUGAR TOPPING ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 9Total Time 45 mins
BROWN SUGAR AND CINNAMON MASHED SWEET POTATOES
4.8/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
10 BEST MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR …
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH BROWN SUGAR PECAN STREUSEL ...
Reviews 31Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Cook sweet potatoes: Place your sweet potatoes (whole, unpeeled) on the trivet (it comes with the Instant Pot) inside the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water. Cook on High Pressure using the Manual setting for 11 minutes. If your sweet potatoes are especially large, start with 12-13 minutes. Let the steam release naturally once the potatoes are done. Open the Instant Pot and use tongs to remove your sweet potatoes. Set them on a cutting board to cool a bit (or you'll burn your hands!). Once cooled, you'll be able to slide the peels off easily.
- Mix up the filling: Add the cooked, peeled sweet potatoes (or use one 29-ounce can of cooked sweet potatoes - be sure to drain them) to a large mixing bowl and mash until smooth, using a potato masher. Add all filling ingredients EXCEPT the eggs, and stir to combine. Beat the eggs with a fork in a small bowl, and stir into the filling mixture. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Evenly spread the filling into the pan.
- Make the topping: Soften your butter in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds (it should be pretty soft - with a little bit of melted butter pooled around the softened parts). Add butter, pecans, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon to food processor or a blender and pulse until just combined. It will be sort of a wet, clumpy mixture. Crumble it over the sweet potato filling.
- Bake: Bake for 25-28 minutes. Topping will be lightly browned. Set your oven to "broil" and broil an additional 1-3 minutes. Keep an eye on it while it broils - it can go from perfectly browned to burnt quickly.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH PECAN BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (9)Calories 299 per servingServings 2
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave potatoes at HIGH for 10 minutes, rearranging the potatoes after 5 minutes. Wrap potatoes in a towel; let stand for 5 minutes. Scoop out pulp; discard skins. Combine pulp, milk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; mash.
- Combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar, softened butter, pecans, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Top each serving with pecan mixture.
CANDIED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS - LEMON ...
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 299 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH BROWN SUGAR TOPPING RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (56)Calories 506 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the sweet potatoes and add the melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, beaten eggs, and a pinch of salt. Stir until incorporated. Pour into a shallow baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecan pieces in a small bowl, using your fingers to create moist crumbs. Sprinkle generously over the casserole. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and the top is golden brown. Let stand for the mixture to cool and solidify a little bit before serving.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR RECIPE
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN CRUMBLE ...
5/5 (4)Category Veggies, Sides, Holiday, ThanksgivingCuisine Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free OptionalTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS 2 | JUST ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory PotatoesServings 12Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED PECANS | HY-VEE
3.5/5 (15)Calories 200 per servingServings 0.5
TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES - COOKING CLASSY
PECAN TOPPED SWEET POTATO APPLE BAKE BEST RECIPES
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS ...
INSTANT POT MASHED SWEET POTATOES - AN EASY RECIPE FOR A ...
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS RECIPE ...
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PECANS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans?Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, and pecans (if using). Spoon the mixture onto the 8 sweet-potato halves. Heat in oven until the potatoes are hot and the sugar and nuts are browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
How to make brown sugar and cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes?INSTRUCTIONS. Once boiling add sweet potatoes and boil until potatoes are just fork tender, drain. Place potatoes into large mixing bowl, Add 3/4 stick of butter and let melt a bit, add milk, brown sugar, salt and a pinch of cinnamon (to taste) and mix with a hand blender until a smooth consistency is achieved.
How do you make a sweet potato casserole?Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until soft and tender, 20 – 25 minutes. Drain and let cool. In the meantime, make the topping: Melt the butter in a medium bowl the microwave. (Alternatively, melt the butter in a small pan or over low heat and transfer to a medium bowl.) Add the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
How to cook sweet potatoes with pecans and cranberries?Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread out sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil all over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Toss all together. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. With 2 minutes remaining in baking time, toss pecans, cranberries, and maple syrup with the sweet potatoes.