MEDITERRANEAN POTATO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, red onion and cheese.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve with pita bread wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 12.6 mg, Fat 5.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 344.2 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
MEDITERRANEAN POTATO SALAD
Swap a mayonnaise base for cherry tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers and fresh Italian herbs in this low-fat salad
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 5-10 mins until soft. Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes and peppers, season well and simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain well, mix with the sauce and serve warm, sprinkled with olives and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED POTATO SALAD
Found on For the Love of Cooking blog. Add some chicken to make a meal in one... Cook time does not include time to cool!
Provided by SarahBeth
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Cut the fingerling potatoes in half and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle 1-2 tsp olive oil on the potatoes and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Toss to coat evenly then place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes roast, make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, oregano, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Whisk until well blended then set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with half of the vinaigrette and set aside until they cool.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, add the grape tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, parsley, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.8, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 12.6, Sodium 434.6, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 2.1, Protein 3
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED POTATO SALAD
This recipe came originally from the LCBO Food & Drink Summer 2001 issue. We serve this alongside the French Bistro Tenderloin Roast With Shallot Sauce recipe from the same issue. It's bright and colourful and the flavours are divine. Use lettuces such as Oak leaf, Bibb, Boston or mixed soft lettuce. Fresh herbs are the best in this dressing. (If you can't find the yellow cherry tomatoes, substitute yellow pepper.)
Provided by Just Call Me Martha
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 25 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- With slotted spoon remove from roasting pan and place in bowl.
- Toss with half the herbal dressing.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add green beans.
- Boil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Refresh with cold water until cool.
- Add to potatoes.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to potatoes.
- Stir in red onion and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with remaining dressing.
- Line a platter with lettuce.
- Place salad on top.
GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN POTATO SALAD
- Heat grill or oven to 450 degrees. Roast peppers on grill or over gas flame until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle. Remove skin by rubbing with a paper towel. Remove seeds and stem, cut pepper into 1/4-inch-thick strips, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill potatoes until browned on both sides and tender, or roast on a baking tray in oven until nicely browned, about 40 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Make the dressing: Finely chop anchovy fillets, and place in a medium bowl. Add vinegar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Combine potatoes, roasted red peppers, capers, olives, parsley, and dressing in a bowl, and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until brown and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine onions and potatoes on large baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place peppers on medium baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until tender and light golden, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes for peppers and about 1 hour for potatoes and onions. Transfer to large bowl. Place zucchini on medium baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp-tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to bowl with vegetables. Cut eggplant into 1-inch squares and add to vegetables in bowl.
- Combine mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually mix in remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add basil. Add dressing to salad and mix to coat. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- Mix radicchio, arugula and cheese into salad. Season with salt and pepper.
More about "mediterranean roasted potato salad recipes"
BATATA HARRA: MIDDLE EASTERN SKILLET POTATOES | THE ...
4.9/5 (33)Total Time 25 minsCategory SidesCalories 240 per serving
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, and let them cook in the boiling water for 10 minutes or so. The potatoes should be cooked through but still firm.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and coriander seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the turmeric and the lime juice.
- Toss in the potatoes, and mix well to coat. Add 1/2 of the fresh cilantro, parsley and fresh dill. Cook for 4 more minutes. Add salt and black pepper to your taste.
POTATO RECIPES | MEDITERRANEAN SUN KISSED SAVORY POTATO SALAD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED POTATO SALAD | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
Reviews 34Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MEDITERRANEAN DIET ROASTED POTATOES - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory VeganCalories 335 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 400. You will need a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Giving the sheet or pan a light coating of nonstick may be a good idea to make clean up a bit easier to do.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a whisk or a fork to combine the olive oil, garlic, and seasonings. Then pour this mixture over the potatoes, tossing the potatoes as your pour. Continue to toss the potatoes until they are well covered.
BEST ROASTED GREEK POTATOES | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
4.8/5 (52)Calories 409 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Place potato wedges in a large lightly-oiled baking dish (I used this one) and sprinkle with the spice mix. Toss potatoes together briefly to evenly distribute spices.
- In a bowl, whisk together chopped garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and broth. Pour into baking dish with potatoes.
MEDITERRANEAN DIET POTATO SALAD - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Appetizers And SidesCalories 358 per serving
- Prepare you potatoes as described. To prepare the potatoes you will need to boil them for about 15 minutes or until they begin to get tender (with firmness). Allow the potatoes to cool and them chop them into 1 1/2 to 2" chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chopped potatoes with the mayonnaise. Then stir in the onion, pickles, and mustard.
- Refrigerate for up to five days. Tip: use a large mixing bowl that comes with a lid to make this in. Then you can store easily store the potato salad in the same bowl that you made it in!
ROASTED POTATO AND CHERRY TOMATO SALAD - JULIA'S CUISINE
4/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory Lunch, Salad, Side DishCalories 320 per serving
- Remove from oven and give the pan a good shake. Add the cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves. Return to oven for a further 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are blistered.
MEDITERRANEAN SWEET POTATOES - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
5/5 (5)Total Time 50 minsCategory Dinner, Main Course, VegetarianCalories 350 per serving
- SWEET POTATOES: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is preheating, prep the sweet potatoes. Scrub the potatoes, cut them in half (lengthwise), and place on a large sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and then rub the oil onto both sides of the potatoes. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of salt evenly over the flesh side of the potatoes and then place the potatoes flesh side down on the pan. Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly over the skin of the potatoes. Bake for 30-37 minutes (depending on the size of potatoes/personal preference for tenderness) or until the skin looks shriveled and potatoes are tender. A 5-6 ounce potatoes will cook in around 25-27 minutes, 6-8 ounce potatoes around 30 minutes, and 9-11 ounce potatoes around 33-37 minutes.
- CHICKPEAS: Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil, spices, (salt and pepper to taste) and place on a separate sheet pan. Cook at the same time as the sweet potatoes (bottom shelf). They will be done in around 20-25 minutes.
- TOPPING: While the sweet potatoes bake, prepare the topping. In a large bowl, combine the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, red pepper and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- SAUCE: In a small bowl, add together all of the dressing/sauce ingredients: the minced garlic, chopped oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, Greek yogurt, and mayo. Whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper). Whisk and set aside.
MEDITERRANEAN POTATO SALAD WITH FETA RECIPE | THE RUSTIC ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 360 per serving
- Combine 1/2 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED SWEET POTATOES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
4.9/5 (638)Calories 308 per servingCategory Entree, Side
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half length wise. This will speed cooking time. Otherwise leave whole and bake longer (approximately double the time (45 min - 1 hour).
- Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet (or another baking sheet depending on size).
ROASTED SWEET POTATO & FARRO SALAD - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (28)Total Time 1 hrCategory SaladCalories 360 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. To cook the farro: Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the farro, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the farro is tender to the bite but still pleasantly chewy (pearled farro will take as little as 15 minutes; unprocessed farro will take 25 to 40 minutes). Drain off the excess water and return the farro to the pot. Set aside.
- To roast the sweet potatoes: Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place the cubed sweet potato on the pan and drizzle with enough olive oil to lightly coat the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle the sumac over the sweet potatoes, followed by salt and pepper, then toss until the sweet potatoes are thoroughly coated in oil and spices. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway, until they are caramelized on the edges and tender when pierced with a fork.
- To pickle the onion: In a small pan or medium pot, combine the onion, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium heat, occasionally swirling the pan, for 4 to 8 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is slightly reduced in volume. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the farro is done cooking, add the chopped kale to the pot. Drizzle with olive oil, then stir to combine. Season with salt (I added 1/4 teaspoon) and pepper, to taste.
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALAD WITH MEDITERRANEAN LEMON MINT ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 540 per serving
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Lay them on a baking tray, coat with 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp paprika, and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Drain the chickpeas, wash out with water and pat them dry. Place them on a baking tray evenly and coat with the remainder of spices: cumin, garlic, and paprika. Place in the oven.
SHEET PAN ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN POTATOES - AWAY FROM THE BOX
Reviews 1Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large bowl, place the potatoes, olive oil garlic, rosemary and thyme and toss until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Spread them in a single layer on the sheet pan and season lightly with salt. Top with the caramelized onions.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. If you want some additional crispiness or color, broil for additional 3-5 minutes to preference.
PESTO POTATO SALAD WITH ROASTED RED ... - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
Reviews 5Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 4Calories 611 per serving
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALAD RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory SaladServings 4Total Time 1 hr
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH CHORIZO AND ALMONDS RECIPE | KITCHN
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED POTATO SALAD RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN SWEET POTATO RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
29 MEDITERRANEAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #salads #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook potatoes on a Mediterranean diet?Place your sliced potatoes in a large bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, use a whisk or a fork to combine the olive oil, garlic, and seasonings. Then pour this mixture over the potatoes, tossing the potatoes as your pour. Continue to toss the potatoes until they are well covered. Spread the potatoes evenly on the baking sheet or roasting pan.
What kind of dressing is in Mediterranean potato salad?The beauty of something like this Mediterranean Potato Salad is that it's full of down-to-earth ingredients that are delicious as-is and it is my belief that the dressing and other add-ins are meant to accentuate their natural flavors. It's got diced red potatoes, hard boiled eggs, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, and a vibrant lemony mayo dressing.
What's the best way to make a potato salad?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, red onion and cheese. Whisk together the lemon juice, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
What's the best way to make Mediterranean sweet potatoes?These Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes are bursting with flavor, packed with healthful ingredients, and simple to make. These oven-baked sweet potato are loaded with a delicious mix of roasted chickpeas, a quick roasted bell pepper salad, and a delicious creamy lemon dressing. SWEET POTATOES: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.