CHEF JOHN'S GRILLED MOJO BEEF
- Cut skirt steaks into about 3 or 4 smaller pieces so it's easier to fit them into marinade dish.
- Whisk orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Place skirt steak pieces, 1 at a time, into the marinade to thoroughly coat them. Add sliced onions and toss with the meat.
- Transfer mixture and marinade to a resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out air, seal bag, and place on a dish. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer pieces of meat onto paper towel-lined rimmed sheet pan to drain for a couple of minutes.
- Cook over hot coals. Grill first side 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and grill second side until internal temperature is about 125 degrees F (53 degrees C). Look for a shiny glossy surface indicating the meat juice is coming to the surface; this indicates the meat is just about done. Transfer to a plate and allow meat to rest a few minutes.
- Slice into 1/2-inch slices and arrange on a serving plate. Spoon accumulated juices over the meat. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.5 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 50.6 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 2116.6 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until salt is dissolved.
- Reserve 2/3 cup marinade for sauce. Put pork or seafood in a glass, stainless-steel, or ceramic dish. Toss with remaining marinade. Cover; chill for 3-8 hours.
- Remove pork or seafood from marinade, pat dry, and grill.
- The Finish:
- Spoon reserved sauce over meat or fish just before serving.
GRILLED MOJO PORK CHOPS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. In medium mixing bowl, using whisk, whisk together Naraja Agria, onions, olive oil, garlic, Adobo, oregano and cumin until well combined. Transfer 1/4 cup mojo marinade to small bowl; stir in cilantro. Cover and set aside in refrigerator.
- 2. Pour remaining marinade in large, non-reactive container. Add pork chops, flipping to completely coat and submerge in marinade. Cover. Transfer to refrigerator; marinate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours for best results. Remove pork chops from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Drain and discard marinade.
- 3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat. (Or, heat large grill pan over medium-high heat). Season pork chops all over with Adobo. Add chops to hot, greased grill grates. Cook, flipping once after 5 minutes, until pork is dark golden brown on both sides and cooked through (quick-read thermometer inserted into center of pork chop without touching bone registers 145 degrees F), 10-12 minutes.
- 4. Transfer pork to serving platter. Drizzle with reserved mojo-cilantro mixture. Serve with Avocado and onions.
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE
This mojo marinade is delicious for use with meats and fish before grilling. It's a great marinade for grilled flank steak, whole pork loins, and on whole rotisserie chickens! Meat and chicken should be marinated overnight, fish only needs one hour.
Provided by Deb Blagg
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pulse the garlic and onion in a blender until very finely chopped. Pour in orange juice, lime juice; season with cumin, oregano, lemon-pepper, black pepper, salt, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce. Blend until thoroughly incorporated. Pour in the olive oil, and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.3 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 183.7 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
MOJO MARINATED PORK
- Combine 4 cups of the orange juice and 1 cup of the lime juice and zest in a large saucepan over high heat and reduce to 2 cups. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining orange juice and lime juice add a few cloves of garlic and 1/4 cup of the oregano. Let cool to room temperature.
- Using a paring knife, make small slits over the entire surface of the pork and rub the garlic into the slashes. Whisk together the oil and remaining 1/4 cup of the oregano in a large roasting pan, add the pork and turn to coat, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting. Season the pork with salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees F and continue roasting, basting with the marinade during the last 30 minutes of roasting until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 150 degrees F. Remove from the oven, baste with any remaining glaze, tent loosely and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the pork with the Mojo Dipping Sauce and the Plantains with Rum and Brown Sugar.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic, serrano, cilantro and a few pinches of salt until it becomes a paste. Add the orange juice, lime juice and oil and stir to combine.
- Heat butter in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the sugar and cook until melted. Add the plantains and cook until soft and heated through. Remove pan from the heat, add the rum, return to the heat and cook until the alcohol has reduced.
GRILLED MOJO BBQ RIBS
Freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh cilantro are part of a brilliant marinade for ribs. Serve with BBQ sauce and enjoy the hearty praise.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Quarter 2 oranges; place in large resealable plastic bag. Squeeze oranges to release juice; add ribs, onions, cilantro, dressing, garlic and pepper. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat ribs with marinade. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to marinate.
- Place half the rib mixture in single layer in center of large sheet heavy-duty foil. Fold to make packet. Repeat with remaining rib mixture.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat. Grill packets on covered grill 1 hour or until ribs are done. Remove ribs from packets; discard marinade. Grill ribs 15 min., turning and brushing occasionally with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Squeeze remaining orange over ribs; serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Fat 31 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 27 g
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH MOJO SAUCE
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill and on lid.
- Squeeze enough juice from oranges to measure 5 tablespoons. Mash garlic to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt using a mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a large heavy knife), then whisk together with orange juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano.
- Pat pork dry and rub each tenderloin with 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon oregano.
- When fire is hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds), grill pork on lightly oiled grill rack, covered with lid, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally into center of each tenderloin registers 155°F, 12 to 14 minutes total. Let pork stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve pork drizzled with mojo sauce.
More about "mojo grilling marinade recipes"
MOJO MARINADE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MOJO PORK CHOPS WITH FRUIT SALSA | MIDWEST LIVING
RECIPE: GRILLED MOJO-MARINATED SKIRT STEAK - KCET
GRILLED VEAL STEAKS WITH MOJO MARINADE - GARLIC & ZEST
GRILLED MOJO MARINATED STEAK - DTNPF.COM
MOJO MARINATED FLANK STEAK WITH GRILLED ONIONS RECIPE
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CUBAN MOJO MARINADE - PEANUT BLOSSOM
GRILLED CUBAN MOJO-MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN
MOJO CRIOLLO MARINADE | MCCORMICK
MOJO MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN OR BEEF FAJITAS - A HINT OF HONEY
MOJO MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN - LAUGHING SPATULA
MOJO (CUBAN GARLIC-CITRUS) MARINADE RECIPE | SAVEUR
MOJO-MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE - PLAIN.RECIPES
MOJO MARINADE – OUTDOORCABINETS.COM
GRILLED MOJO-MARINATED SKIRT STEAK - THE SPLENDID TABLE
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE - MARINADE RECIPES
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE | RECIPE | GRILLING MARINADE, MARINADE, …
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
GRILLED MOJO CHICKEN THIGHS - GRILL GIRL
5 MARINADES FOR A PERFECT GRILLING SEASON | GOYA FOODS
GRILLED MOJO CHICKEN - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE RECIPE – WWW.ELCOLMADO.COM
MOJO GRILLED CHICKEN - COOK2EATWELL - RECIPES
BEST MOJO MARINADE (PORK, CHICKEN, FISH, SHRIMP, ETC.)
'MO J' MARINATED & GRILLED FLANK STEAK - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
EASY GRILLED MOJO CHICKEN - EASY MOJO MARINADE FOR CHICKEN!
EASY MOJO MARINADE (CHICKEN OR PORK) - EASY PEASY MEALS
CUBAN MOJO MARINADE - GYPSYPLATE
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE
MOJO CRIOLLO MARINADE - GARLIC & ZEST
GRILLED MOJO CHICKEN - CLOSET COOKING
MOJO GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
MOJO GRILLING MARINADE | RECIPE | GRILLING MARINADE, MARINADE, …
MOJO MARINADE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
GRILLED SKIRT STEAK WITH EASY MOJO SAUCE - FROM SCRATCH FAST
MOJO GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOJO CHICKEN MARINADE - PLAIN CHICKEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Mojo marinade used for?This mojo marinade is delicious for use with meats and fish before grilling. It's a great marinade for grilled flank steak, whole pork loins, and on whole rotisserie chickens! Meat and chicken should be marinated overnight, fish only needs one hour. Pulse the garlic and onion in a blender until very finely chopped.
Can You marinate chicken in Mojo marinade?"This mojo marinade is delicious for use with meats and fish before grilling. It's a great marinade for grilled flank steak, whole pork loins, and on whole rotisserie chickens! Meat and chicken should be marinated overnight, fish only needs one hour.".
What is the best way to marinate fish overnight?Meat and chicken should be marinated overnight, fish only needs one hour. Pulse the garlic and onion in a blender until very finely chopped. Pour in orange juice, lime juice; season with cumin, oregano, lemon-pepper, black pepper, salt, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce.
Do you use thighs or peppers in the marinade?I used thighs because they stay so moist in the marinade and on the grill. Love the red onions but peppers would be nice too. If you don’t have them, no worries. Make it without.