MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the red onions and carrots; cook until the onions soften slightly, about 4 minutes. Add the ras el hanout, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir to coat the vegetables. Add 3 cups water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the carrots are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous as the label directs. Puree 1 3/4 cups cilantro, 2 tablespoons water and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a food processor. Fluff the couscous and stir in the cilantro paste. Cover to keep warm.
- Uncover the vegetables and stir in the chicken and raisins. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the raisins are plump, about 5 minutes. Stir in the honey and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Serve over the couscous; top with the almonds.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND WHOLE GRAIN COUSCOUS
A flavorful chicken stew that uses exotic spices and nice vegetables served over whole-grain couscous. This recipe was actually a real chicken contest winner! Vegetables and even meat can vary according to taste, but I find squash, carrots, bell peppers, and lamb work well in this recipe. Even though the spices seem strange, the flavors are subtle but fragrant! A real favorite at home.
Provided by Myleen Sagrado Sjödin
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook onion until tender. Mix in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Place chicken in the pot, and cook until well browned. Pour garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and broth into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix carrots and zucchini into pot. Season with salt. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve stew over cooked couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399.4 calories, Carbohydrate 50.7 g, Cholesterol 66.8 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 33.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1539 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
SWEET AND NUTTY MOROCCAN COUSCOUS
I've simplified this recipe for Couscous Mesfouf without losing any of its deliciously complex flavor. Prepare all the mix-ins ahead of time and it takes only minutes to make. Enjoy!
Provided by Christina S.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the butter, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.1 calories, Carbohydrate 68.2 g, Cholesterol 25.4 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 163.5 mg, Sugar 16.9 g
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND COUSCOUS SOUP
Quick From Scratch Soups & Salads - Food & Wine. WINE: Soup with such a riot of flavors needs a wine that's big but simple. Try a California zinfandel here for its generous, spicy fruit, supple texture, and full body. Berry-flavored zinfandel.
Provided by dicentra
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large pot, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to moderately high. Add the chicken, cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato, zucchini, tomato puree, water, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the couscous to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat. Let the soup stand, covered, for 2 minutes; add the parsley and serve.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS
Add Moroccan Chicken with Couscous to your meal for exotic flavor. This Moroccan Chicken with Couscous is surprisingly easy and takes just 45 minutes from start to finish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Toss first 3 ingredients with 1 tsp. dressing. Place on one half of foil-covered rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Place chicken on other half of prepared baking sheet; brush with remaining dressing. Bake 40 min. or until chicken is done (165°F), adding nuts, apricots and raisins to the baking sheet for the last 5 min. Remove from oven.
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat. Add onions along with the anise and cinnamon sticks from baking sheet; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in broth; bring to boil. Remove and discard anise and cinnamon sticks. Add couscous to onions in pan; mix well. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 5 min.
- Fluff couscous mixture. Add garlic, nuts and fruit from baking sheet; mix lightly. Serve with the chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 25 g
GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH CURRIED COUSCOUS
- For harissa:
- Toast caraway, coriander, and cumin seeds in medium skillet over medium heat until slightly darker in color, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Grind cooled spices and dried crushed red pepper in mortar with pestle or spice grinder to fine powder. Add oil and garlic; grind to smooth paste. Stir in paprika and salt. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- For chicken and dressing:
- Whisk 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon harissa, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and lime peel in small bowl. Rub mixture over all sides of chicken pieces. Place chicken in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 cup oil, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and pinch of sugar in medium bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat barbecue (medium-low heat). Grill chicken until cooked through, turning and repositioning occasionally for even cooking, about 45 minutes total. Let stand at room temperature.
- For couscous:
- Bring chicken broth and curry powder to boil in heavy small saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork and transfer to platter. Place chicken atop couscous. Serve, passing dressing and remaining harissa alongside.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH SWEET COUSCOUS
This is a nice change to ordinary chicken & couscous. My very picky daughter said this was the best couscous dish I have made. To save time I used my pressure cooker to cook the chicken.
Provided by FDADELKARIM
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the chicken into a pot along with the spices, onion, cinnamon sticks, & 2 tbsp of the butter.
- Pour in the chicken stock & bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 45-60 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Take the chicken out of the broth. Turn up the heat & boil until the sauce is reduce to 2 cups. Remove the chicken from the bones. Discard the cinnamon sticks & bones.
- Pour the 2 cups of sauce in with the dry couscous, stir. Cover & let sit for 8-10 minutes. Uncover & add the rest of the butter, stir until melted.
- Dump half the couscous onto a serving platter. Flatten into a large circle then arrange the chicken in a single layer over the couscous. Spread the rest of the couscous over the chicken to form another flat circle.
- Dust a fine layer of confectioners sugar over the couscous & decorate with thin lines of cinnamon. Serve with a small bowl of confectioners sugar & cinnamon on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.5, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 35.3, Sodium 557.2, Carbohydrate 66.8, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 10.8, Protein 13.2
More about "moroccan chicken with sweet couscous recipes"
ONE PAN MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND COUSCOUS - COOKING CLASSY
4.7/5 (13)Calories 560 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add chicken to pan season with salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp coriander and 1/4 cinnamon. Cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN COUSCOUS - JO COOKS
4.5/5 (95)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 419 per serving
- Combine all the Moroccan spice blend ingredients together. The recipe should yields about 8 to 9 tsp or about 3 tbsp.
- Season the chicken breasts with 2 tbsp of the Moroccan spice blend thoroughly. Use more as preferred.
- In a large Dutch Oven or a oven safe pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add the chicken breasts and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. The chicken will not be cooked through at all, it will just be crispy on the outside. Transfer the chicken from the pot to a plate and set aside.
EASY MOROCCAN CHICKEN COUSCOUS L THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
5/5 (35)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 493 per serving
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS - TRAVEL COOK TELL
EASY MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW – WITH SWEET POTATOES AND COUSCOUS
MOROCCAN CHICKEN COUSCOUS SALAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
AUTHENTIC MOROCCAN COUSCOUS RECIPE - PETIT APRON
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH FIGS AND COUSCOUS - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
ONE-PAN MOROCCAN CHICKEN & COUSCOUS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
ONE POT MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH SWEET POTATO
ONE POT MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH SWEET POTATO & COUSCOUS
MOROCCAN CHICKEN-AND-COUSCOUS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
SWEET AND SAVORY MOROCCAN COUSCOUS - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
MOROCCAN CHICKEN COUSCOUS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPES - TASTE OF MAROC
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS – JULIENNE.RED
MOROCCAN-STYLE GROUND CHICKEN & COUSCOUS | CHICKEN.CA
SPICY MOROCCAN FISH WITH TURMERIC COUSCOUS
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS, ONIONS & RAISINS (COUSCOUS TFAYA) RECIPE
CHICKEN COUSCOUS - MAROCMAMA
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO COUSCOUS RECIPE - NEW IDEA …
MOROCCAN CHICKEN COUSCOUS RECIPE - COOKITSIMPLY.COM
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS - DALE'S CUISINE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS - AIRPORTS AND APRONS
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH ALMOND COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH MINTY DATE COUSCOUS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS RECIPES WITH CHICKEN - CREATE THE MOST …
SHEET PAN MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATOES & CAULIFLOWER
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND COUSCOUS | FOODTALK
MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE WITH PEARL COUSCOUS AND CHICKPEAS …
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS - DELISH
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN - ERREN'S KITCHEN
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND COUSCOUS BEST RECIPES
MOROCCAN-STYLE CHICKEN COUSCOUS - BEYOND MERE SUSTENANCE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS - READER'S DIGEST ASIA
MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN WITH JEWELLED COUSCOUS RECIPE
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH COUSCOUS - VEENA AZMANOV
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #poultry #african #moroccan #chicken #one-dish-meal #meat #taste-mood #sweet #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook couscous with chicken?Prepare the couscous. While the chicken is baking, cook the couscous. First, toast the couscous with olive oil in a saucepan. Season with kosher salt and a dash of cinnamon, then add 1 cup of boiling water or broth. Cover and turn off the heat. Do not disturb for 10 minutes Add the couscous over the chicken to serve.
How do you cook Moroccan couscous?To cook this fine Moroccan couscous, you'll add 1 cup of boiling water or broth to 1 cup of couscous, then simply cover and let the couscous soak up the water (off the heat) and do not disturb it for 10 minutes before fluffing it with a fork. (Check out my earlier post for How to Cook Couscous for more helpful tips.)
What is Moroccan Chicken stew?The most delicious Moroccan Chicken Stew with sweet potato, couscous and cauliflower. Simmered with cozy spices thanks to cinnamon, anti-inflammatory turmeric, and earthy cumin.
How to cook chicken thighs in a crock pot with couscous?Let spices cook for 30 more seconds to enhance flavors, then add the chicken thighs back into the pot. Slowly add in chicken broth, then couscous and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and make sure the chicken is well coated with the broth. Bring to to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.