You can make these attractive appetizers in a jiffy with refrigerated crescent roll dough. The tasty little spirals disappear fast at a holiday party! -Marilin Rosborough Altoona, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a blender, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, onion and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until blended. Unroll crescent dough; separate into four rectangles. Press perforations to seal. Spread mushroom mixture over dough. , Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into five slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 132mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms, saute until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the flour, whisking until smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling in the center of each square.
- Grasp all 4 corners and pinch the four seams to form a bundle, drop into the cup of a mini muffin pan (Do not force them down).
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Cover and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sides and bottoms are browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.6, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 8.7, Cholesterol 23.8, Sodium 141.9, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1.3, Protein 4.6
"HIGH ROLLER" MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the puff pastry into 60 even squares. Using a pastry brush, brush each square with the beaten egg. Place the squares on a greased sheet pan. Apply the black sesame seeds to the egg wash on top of the squares in different patterns to make them look like dice. Bake the puffs until golden brown about 12 minutes. Let the puffs cool. Cut the puffs in half horizontally for sandwiching.
- Clean and cut all the mushrooms. Heat a large saute pan. Add the cooking oil and saute mushrooms in small batches seasoning with garlic, shallots, salt and pepper. Spread sauteed mushrooms out onto a large tray and allow to cool. Chop the mushrooms and return them to the saute pan. Add the white wine and reduce until the liquid is almost completely evaporated. Add the cream and reduce again until thick.
- Place one scoop of mushroom mixture on the bottom layer of the puff pastry and then top with the other layer to form the sandwich.
MUSHROOM CHEESE PUFFS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Unroll one crescent dough from the package and place on the cookie sheet. Pinch the seams together until the sheet is in the form of a rectangle. Place the drained mushrooms onto the dough and top with the grated cheese. Place the second roll of crescent dough on top, again pinching the seams. Press slightly to compact and pinch seams all the way around but leaving a slit for steam to escape.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into 8 individual servings and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 28.8 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 356 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY BITES
These mushroom puff pastry bites make the perfect finger food. I even freeze them for a quick appetizer for unexpected guests. - Marion Ruzek, Jeffersonville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream cheese until melted; remove from heat., Unfold one pastry sheet; cut into 9 squares. Cut each square diagonally in half. Place a scant teaspoon of filling on one half of each triangle. Brush edges of pastry with water; fold over to form a triangle. Seal edges with a fork; place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining filling., Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked triangles on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a freezer conatiner; return to freezer. To use, bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 70mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
The puffs are light and delicious, use them for any other filling...broccoli is great in a light bechamel sauce. The mushroom sauce is also very good in vol-au-vents... enjoy! Ah! the choux pastry recipe is from Delia Smith's cookery course... very very useful book!!!
Provided by Samuel Holden
Yield 4 choux puffs, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Put water in a pan with the butter, and heat.
- While this is happening sift the flour onto a piece of paper, so you can"shoot" it into the water.
- Add salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- As soon as the water boils and the butter has melted turn of the heat.
- While stirring with a wooden spoon "shoot" *ALL* the flour into the pan and beat thoroughly and vigorously.
- Beat until you have a smooth ball of paste that has left the sides of the saucepan clean.
- Beat in the beaten egg (repetition, hesitation -- anyone else listen to BBC Radio game shows?), a little at a time, mixing well after each addition, until you have a smooth glossy paste.
- At this stage grease a baking sheet lightly, then hold it under cold running (or walking even -- ) water for a few seconds, and tap it sharply to get rid of excess moisture.
- Spoon onto the baking tray in 4 large dollops, with lots of room between them, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200ºC and then raise the temp to 220ºC until you have a nice golden colour.
- Pierce the side of each one and let them cool on a rack.
- Before serving cut them in half and"dry" in the oven.
- ------Forthe Mushroom sauce---------.
- Chop mushrooms and garlic.
- Add spices.
- Melt butter and toss mushrooms and garlic in it.
- Cover and cook on a low heat until the mushroom pieces are 1/4 their original size and you have lots of lovely juices in the pan.
- Add the flour and beat with energy (energetically?).
- Boil this for 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- With a hand whisk incorporate the milk so you don't get lumps.
- Put back on the heat and boil again.
- Set aside uncovered and stir just before you use it.
- Set the puffs up on a plate, fill the bottom half of a puff with sauce and cover with the top, use 2 per person.
- Garnish with some hand shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and a cube or two of feta cheese or goats cheese in oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 784.5, Fat 57.4, SaturatedFat 34.3, Cholesterol 353.4, Sodium 515.4, Carbohydrate 49.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2.2, Protein 20.2
GRUYERE-MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY BITES
These savory pastry bites make an elegant (but easy) party appetizer. You can substitute fresh thyme leaves instead of dried thyme if you prefer.
Provided by fabeveryday
Categories Pastry Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray cups of two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until the edges of the onion begin to brown and caramelize, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic, and cook until mushrooms are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet into a horizontal rectangle on a large, lightly floured cutting board. Use a pizza slicer to cut pastry into 4 rows horizontally and 6 rows vertically so that you have 24 (2 1/2-inch) squares. Press each dough square into each mini muffin cup and prick with the tines of a fork.
- Divide mushroom mixture amongst pastry cups. Top with shredded Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is puffed up and the corners are golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool in the pans on a wire rack for 3 minutes before transferring the bites to a serving dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Cholesterol 2.8 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 36.8 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
More about "mushroom puffs recipes"
MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE, BAKERY STYLE DELICIOUS MUSHROOM …
4.5/5 (2)Category SnacksCuisine IndianTotal Time 1 hr
- Rinse or wipe and then chop 200 grams white button mushrooms. Also slice 1 medium to large onion and chop 1 medium tomato and 1 green chili.
- Before you begin, making the mushroom puffs, preheat your oven to 250 degrees celsius/480 degrees fahrenheit for at least 15 minutes.
- Now place them in the preheated oven in the center rack with both the top and bottom heating elements on.
MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (16)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsServings 36
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until smooth. Stir in mushrooms and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water in a small bowl. Roll 1 puff pastry sheet into a 16- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut pastry in half lengthwise. Spread 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture down center of each rectangle; brush edges with egg mixture. Fold each pastry half lengthwise over filling, and pinch edges to seal. Cut pastries into 10 pieces each, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry sheet, egg mixture, and cream cheese mixture.
GRANDMA'S MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE - FOOD52
Reviews 40Servings 50Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
ANDREA NGUYEN'S MUSHROOM PâTé PUFFS - COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
CHEESY MUSHROOM CRESCENT PUFFS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PUFF PASTRY AND MUSHROOM APPETIZERS - THERESCIPES.INFO
25 SIMPLE SAVORY PUFF PASTRY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MUSHROOM PUFFS - THE TWIN COOKING PROJECT BY SHEENAM
MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST SPINACH MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY APPETIZERS - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
SAVORY MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY TART WITH WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE
MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY BITES - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
CHICKEN MUSHROOM PUFFS | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, …
GARLIC MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
MUSHROOM GOUDA PUFFS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE - + BONUS RECIPE FOR CHEESE DATES
MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
PUFF PASTRY MUSHROOM TART - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY APPETIZERS RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
CREAMY MUSHROOMS IN PUFF PASTRY | IGA RECIPES
CHEESY MUSHROOM SPINACH PUFF PASTRY RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
MUSHROOM PUFF PIES | RICARDO
MUSHROOM PUFFS IN AIR FRYER - RACHNA COOKS
26 BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
MUSHROOMS AND ZUCCHINI PUFFS RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
COCONUT MUSHROOM PUFFS - MUSHROOMS CANADA
MUSHROOM PUFF RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MUSHROOM PUFFS - PLAIN.RECIPES
MUSHROOM PUFFS RECIPE | RECIPE | PUFF RECIPE, STUFFED MUSHROOMS, …
MUSHROOM CHEESE PUFF BITES - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
THE BEST MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY APPETIZERS - BEST RECIPES IDEAS …
10 BEST MUSHROOM TART PUFF PASTRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
AIR FRYER MUSHROOM PUFF PASTRY RECIPE - DAILY YUM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #lunch #vegetables #american #oven #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #dinner-party #finger-food #holiday-event #kosher #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #valentines-day #low-in-something #to-go #equipment #presentation
You'll also love