CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the shiitake mushrooms, portobello mushrooms, and shallots for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Mix in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the half-and-half, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Heat through, but do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.9 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 52.9 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 119.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CHEF JOHN'S CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP
This is one of my favorite soups of all time. It is so easy. The secret to this deep, rich soup is a long slow caramelization, the key to unlocking the mushroom's magic. This is just pure essence of mushroom.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms in butter with 1 pinch salt until the mushrooms give off their juices; reduce heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring often, until juices evaporate and the mushrooms are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Set aside a few attractive mushroom slices for garnish later, if desired. Mix onion into mushrooms and cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir flour into mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes to remove raw flour taste. Tie thyme sprigs into a small bundle with kitchen twine and add to mushroom mixture; add garlic cloves. Pour chicken stock and water into mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Remove thyme bundle.
- Transfer soup to a blender in small batches and puree on high speed until smooth and thick.
- Return soup to pot and stir in cream. Season with salt and black pepper and serve in bowls, garnished with reserved mushroom slices and a few thyme leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.2 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 78 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.1 g, Sodium 666.6 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP I
Use the everyday mushrooms we find in our grocery store or use them in combination with some of the more exotic varieties. Experiment and have fun - All will be good.
Provided by Karena
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook mushrooms in the broth with onion and thyme until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree the mixture , leaving some chunks of vegetable in it. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter, whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, half and half and vegetable puree. Stirring constantly, bring soup to a boil and cook until thickened. Adjust seasonings to taste, and add sherry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 30.2 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 363.7 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
BEST EVER MUSHROOM SOUP
This is a simple but warming soup which tastes so good you will never want tinned again! I learned it at school and have cooked it for years, including at sea for 15 hungry sailors who loved it! This soup is hard to get wrong. Don't skimp on the flour and add a little extra milk if it's too thick. Make sure the flour is all incorporated before adding liquid. Use closed cup, button, chestnut, oyster or mixed mushrooms. Using dark gilled or flat mushrooms will make a darker soup.
Provided by AndreaB
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- dice onion small.
- clean and halve mushrooms.
- fry onion in the butter and oil for 2 minutes.
- add mushrooms for a further 4 minutes.
- sprinkle flour into pan and stir well to remove lumps.
- add half of the stock.
- stir and scrape cooked flour off bottom until thickening.
- add half the milk stirring all the time.
- continue to add stock and milk in turn until all added.
- adjust seasoning and add plenty of pepper.
- simmer very gently for 20 minutes.
HOMEMADE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
- Blend in 2 T. flour and stir.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional 1 T. flour and seasonings. Add in cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.
- Serve and enjoy!
- In the medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons/28 g of the butter over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the mushrooms and the remaining butter. Let the mixture sweat for about 8 minutes, taking care that the onion doesn't take on any brown color. Stir in the chicken stock and the parsley and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer for about an hour.
- After an hour, remove the parsley and discard. Let the soup cool for a few minutes, then transfer to the blender and carefully blend at high speed until smooth. Do I have to remind you to do this in stages, with the blender's lid firmly held down, and with the weight of your body keeping that thing from flying off and allowing boiling hot mushroom purée to erupt all over your kitchen?
- When blended, return the mix to the pot, season with salt and pepper, and bring up to a simmer again. Add the sherry, mix well, and serve immediately.
- To astound your guests with a Wild Mushroom Soup, simply replace some of those button mushrooms with a few dried cèpes or morels, which have been soaked until soft, drained, and squeezed. Not too many; the dried mushrooms will have a much stronger taste, and you don't want to overwhelm the soup. Pan sear, on high heat, a single small, pretty, fresh chanterelle or morel for each portion, and then slice into a cute fan and float on top in each bowl.
- And if you really want to ratchet your soup into pretentious (but delicious), drizzle a few tiny drops of truffle oil over the surface just before serving. Why the hell not? Everybody else is doing it.
Make the most of mushrooms with this comforting mushroom soup recipe made with cream, onions and garlic. Serve for lunch or as a starter with crusty bread
Provided by tarilang
Categories Lunch, Soup, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onions and garlic until soft but not browned, about 8-10 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for another 3 mins until softened. Sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock, bring the mixture to the boil, then add the bay leaf and simmer for another 10 mins.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf, then remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and blitz using a hand blender until smooth. Gently reheat the soup and stir through the cream (or, you could freeze the soup at this stage - simply stir through the cream when heating). Scatter over the parsley, if you like, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with lemon juice. In a food processor, coarsely chop them.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and lightly saute the shallots. Add the mushrooms, thyme, and bay leaf and saute over moderate heat for 10 minutes, or until the liquid disappears. Add the salt, pepper, cream, and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the soup and continue to simmer 10 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Correct seasoning to taste.
- Serve in warm bowls. Sprinkle with minced parsley.
More about "mushroom soup recipes"
EASY MUSHROOM SOUP – MUSHROOM COUNCIL
Category Apps & SidesTotal Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large pot such as a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallot, cook for 1 minute, until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until tender and browned. Transfer all the contents of the pot to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the pot. Once melted, sprinkle in the flour and whisk it quickly into a paste. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the stock a little at a time, whisking out the clumps between each addition.
- Increase the heat back to medium-high and allow the soup to simmer well for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms back to the pot and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. The stock will thicken slightly to be somewhat creamy.
CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsCategory Healthy MealsCalories 148 per serving
- Brush the mushrooms clean, then finely slice.Peel and finely slice the onion, celery and garlic, then pick the parsley, finely chopping the stalks.
- Pick the thyme leaves.Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, pop the lid on and cook gently until softened.Spoon out 4 tablespoons of mushrooms, and keep for later.Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then whiz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.Toast the ciabatta on a hot griddle pan, then top with most of the reserved mushrooms and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms, and serve with the ciabatta crostini on the side.
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | EASY MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
4.8/5 (123)Category SoupCuisine InternationalTotal Time 30 mins See details »
20 RECIPES THAT START WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP | ALLRECIPES
Author Isadora BaumEstimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP | RICARDO
5/5 (29)Category AppetizersServings 6Total Time 45 mins See details »
HOMEMADE MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrCategory Healthy MealsCalories 107 per serving See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP | AUSTRALIAN MUSHROOMS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory ChickenTotal Time 30 mins See details »
CREAMY ROASTED MUSHROOM SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (45)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Total Time 1 hr See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE | YUMMLY
4.5/5 (2)Category SoupsServings 4Total Time 50 mins See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES | COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
See details »
10 BEST MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
5/5 (10)Category Main Dish, SoupServings 8Total Time 45 mins
- When melted, add 1/3 of the mushrooms. Cook them until dark golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then remove them from the pot and set them aside.In the same pot, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the mushrooms, along with the onion, celery, and thyme.
HUNGARIAN MUSHROOM SOUP | THE MODERN PROPER
Cuisine HungaryCalories 306 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven sauté onions and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent, about 15 minutes
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (90)Total Time 40 minsCategory SoupCalories 271 per serving
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper and crumbled bouillon cubes.
THIS 15-MIN QUICK MUSHROOM SOUP IS ... - NDTV FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
RUSSIAN MUSHROOM SOUP | RECCIPEE
See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
GORDON RAMSAY'S CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP - THEFOODXP
See details »
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #bisques-cream-soups #main-dish #soups-stews #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #mushrooms #low-in-something #onions #number-of-servings
You'll also love