STUFFED LEG OF LAMB
Rolled leg of lamb stuffed with spinach, goat's cheese and pine nuts. Suggested: Serve with Brussels sprouts cooked in butter and fresh garlic. A scrumptious Irish cuisine that is sure to please!
Provided by Patrick
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Remove plastic netting or twine from around the leg of lamb, if any, and open up the roast on a cutting board. Place the boned side of the roast up. With a sharp paring knife, cut away any excess fatty areas. Use a sharp knife to cut 1/2-inch deep slits in the meat about 2 inches apart, to help the meat lie flat. Cover the meat with a sturdy piece of plastic wrap or a cut-apart food storage bag, and pound the meat with a mallet or the edge of a small plate until the roast is about 3/4 inch thick everywhere, and 10 to 14 inches square.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the upper side of the meat with salt and pepper, and then spread spinach leaves over the top of the roast to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Break up the goat cheese and sprinkle it evenly over the spinach, then sprinkle the pine nuts over the cheese.
- Roll the roast up into a tight cylinder, and tie the roast together with kitchen twine at 2 inch intervals. It's okay if a little stuffing protrudes from the sides of the roast.
- In a flat dish, mix together the flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of pepper, the thyme, and the fennel seeds, and press the tied roast firmly into the flour mixture to coat all sides.
- Heat the sesame oil in a heavy oven-proof or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers, and sear all sides of the roast, including the ends, to a golden brown color. Lay the roast into the skillet, place into the preheated oven, and roast to your desired degree of doneness, or an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (65 degrees C) for medium, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 132.1 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 39.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 1092.5 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
ROAST FILLET OF BEEF WITH MUSHROOM STUFFING
Serve up a spectacular centrepiece of roast beef with a rich stuffing, and a clever twist on Yorkshire puddings
Provided by Emma Lewis
Categories Lunch, Main course
Yield Serves 6 with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Tip the porcini into a bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Leave for 20 mins to soften and plump up, scoop out the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and finely chop, then strain the liquid (leaving behind the last drop as it might contain grit) and set aside.
- Set aside about half the wild mushrooms, choosing those with the best shape, then finely chop the remainder. Chop 1 shallot very finely. Heat a large frying pan, add the butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, then cook the chopped shallot and garlic over a medium heat for 3-5 mins until softened. Tip in the chopped porcini and stir around the pan for 2 mins. Add the chopped mushrooms to the frying pan along with the thyme sprigs. Cook for 10 mins until lightly browned and any liquid has evaporated. Leave to cool.
- Place the beef on a board. Take a sharp knife and make a slice lengthways along the fillet, about one-third of the way down, so it folds out like a book. One side of the beef should now be thicker than the other. Make another lengthways slice along the thick half of beef so the beef unfolds to a flat, evenly thick piece of meat, about the size of an A4 page. Spread the mushroom mixture all over the beef and season really well. Tightly roll up the beef to reform into a log and tie about 8 pieces of string around to secure well.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place a large heavy-based roasting tin over a high heat on the hob (ensure that it will fit in your oven beforehand). Heat some more butter and the other 1 tbsp oil in the tin, then fry the beef, turning every couple of mins, until well browned all over. This will take about 10 mins.
- Tip the whole shallots into the tin around the beef and toss them in the oil. Roast for 20-25 mins for rare, 35 mins for medium and 45 mins for well done. If you have a thick piece of meat, it may take a little longer. Ten mins before the end of cooking, stir the whole mushrooms around the pan, coating well in the oil and juices, then leave to roast alongside the meat and shallots. Leave the meat to rest on a board for 10-15 mins and keep the vegetables warm in a serving dish while you make the sauce.
- Place the tin back on the hob. Stir in the flour, mixing well into any oil in the pan, then very carefully pour over the brandy, making sure you don't pour straight from the bottle. Use a small whisk to stir in the brandy, scraping up all the lovely browned bits from the tin. When the brandy has nearly boiled away, pour over the strained mushroom liquid and beef stock. Cook for about 5 mins until the liquid just coats the back of a spoon, then stir in the mustard and crème fraîche. Season, sprinkle with parsley and pour into a gravy boat. Cut the beef into thick slices and serve with the vegetables, gravy and some Parmesan puffs, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 57 grams protein, Sodium 0.61 milligram of sodium
MUSHROOM STUFFED LAMB FILLETS
Usually associated with legs. A yummy adapted recipe for stuffed lamb for 2 or 4 people when a leg is just to much.
Provided by The Flying Chef
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make for 4 people just double above ingredients.
- Add oil and butter to a fry pan heat until butter melts. Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are soft.
- Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce, stir until mushroom are soft, throw in the thyme, parsley and rosemary and mix well. Add cream, breadcrumbs and pepper to taste combine and remove from heat.
- Place mixture in a separate bowl and add egg and veal mince, stirring until well combined.
- Take a meat mallet and pound lamb fillets to flatten slightly. Spread stuffing mixture all over the lamb fillet, take the second fillet and place on top, secure well with toothpicks.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and bake in pre heated oven 190c for 25-35 Min's (cook time depending on whether you like your meat rarer or more well done.). Remove from oven and rest for 5 Min's then slice in two.
- Serve on a bed of greens topped with red wine gravy. Since we are in October and this is the time, because of Halloween we can get pumpkins. I served pumpkin mash on the side but you can serve with any veg mash or potato.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.7, Fat 24.6, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 145.6, Sodium 294.8, Carbohydrate 14.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 2.5, Protein 8.6
STUFFED LAMB CHOPS
The mushroom stuffing nicely complements the flavor of the lamb chops in this recipe. I like to serve mint jelly on the side. -Sarah Thompson
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in 1/2 cup bread crumbs, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside., In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the remaining bread crumbs and salt; add paprika. , Cut a pocket in each chop by horizontally cutting almost to the bone; stuff with mushroom mixture. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes., Place in an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn chops over; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with mint jelly if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
LEG OF LAMB STUFFED WITH WILD MUSHROOMS AND GREENS
- Cook Swiss chard in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Squeeze chard dry, then finely chop enough to measure 1 1/2 cups. Transfer to large bowl.
- Melt butter with 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add wild mushrooms, onion and 1 minced garlic clove and sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 6 minutes. Cool. Transfer to bowl with chard. Add breadcrumbs, cream, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and mix to blend. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Before continuing, stir mushroom stuffing in skillet over medium-high heat until just lukewarm.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Open butterflied lamb like book and place cut side up on work surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix veal and egg into mushroom stuffing. Spread evenly over lamb; press to adhere. Starting at narrow end, roll up lamb tightly, enclosing filling. Fasten ends with poultry skewers. Rub outside of lamb with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then with remaining 1/2 tablespoon rosemary, and 1/2 tablespoon thyme. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie lamb with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals to hold shape. Using small sharp knife, cut several 1-inch-deep slits in top of lamb, spacing apart; insert 1 garlic slice into each slit. Place lamb on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast lamb to desired doneness or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 135°F to 140°F for medium-rare, about 1 hour 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes. Remove skewers and string. Cut lamb into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on platter.
BREAST OF LAMB STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- The pockets for stuffing the breasts should be as deep as possible. If you want to increase the depth, run a long knife inside the pockets and make the pockets deeper without cutting through the meat. Set aside.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they give up their liquid. Cook until the liquid evaporates. Add half of the thyme and stir.
- Put the ground lamb in a mixing bowl and add the mushroom mixture, half of the parsley and the egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the pocket of each breast with the meat mixture, pushing it in compactly from the opening to the rear of each pocket.
- Using a trussing or other needle, sew up the opening of each breast to hold the stuffing. Sprinkle each breast all over with salt and pepper. Place the breasts meaty side up in a baking dish and brush with oil. Scatter the halved or quartered onion around the breasts.
- Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees and continue baking 15 minutes.
- Pour off the fat from around the meat. Sprinkle the remaining one-quarter cup of chopped parsley and the remaining one-half teaspoon thyme over the breasts. Dot with the remaining two tablespoons butter.
- Return the breasts to the oven and bake five minutes longer. Remove string. Serve carved in four to six pieces.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 879, UnsaturatedFat 32 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 65 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 64 grams, SaturatedFat 28 grams, Sodium 1177 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
LEG OF LAMB WITH MUSHROOM STUFFING
See smiles all around when you serve this Leg of Lamb with Mushroom Stuffing. This savory Leg of Lamb with Mushroom Stuffing dish is packed with flavor.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 18 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender and liquid is cooked off. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare stuffing as directed on package, reducing water to 1 cup and butter to 2 Tbsp. Add mushrooms and cheese; mix lightly.
- Place lamb, cut-side up, on cutting board; press to flatten. Spread with stuffing mixture. Roll up, starting at one long side. Tie closed in several places with kitchen string. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Whisk remaining ingredients until blended; pour over lamb.
- Bake 1 hour 20 min. or until lamb is medium-rare doneness (150°F). Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 10 to 15 min. or until medium doneness (160°F).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.8698 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 32 g
More about "mushroom stuffed lamb fillets recipes"
10 BEST STUFFED LEG OF LAMB STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
BALSAMIC LAMB STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE - IRENA MACRI
STUFFED LOIN OF LAMB WITH SMOKED BACON, BASIL, AND …
MUSHROOM STUFFED LEG OF LAMB – CURIOUS OR EPICURIOUS?
10 BEST LAMB FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOP 11 STUFFED MUSHROOM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PACIFIC RIM MUSHROOMS STUFFED WITH LAMB - SUPERIOR …
MUSHROOM STUFFED SOLE - A FOODCENTRIC LIFE
MARY BERRY'S STUFFED ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH MUSHROOMS …
STUFFED WILD MUSHROOM LEG OF LAMB - BETTER THAN …
LAMB-STUFFED MUSHROOMS | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
Servings 8Category Appetizers
MUSHROOM BACON STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : LAMB FILLET STUFFED WITH BLUE …
STUFFED MUSHROOMS - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
ROAST LAMB STUFFED MUSHROOMS - COOKING WITH MR FITZ
THE BEST RECIPES: MUSHROOM STUFFED LAMB FILLETS
LAMB-STUFFED PORTOBELLOS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
LEG OF LAMB STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS AND CHEVRE RECIPE
SAGE AND LAMB STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
101 EASY AND TASTY LAMB AND MUSHROOMS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
LAMB STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - ALWAYS HAVE THYME
STUFFED MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LEG OF LAMB STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND GOAT CHEESE
MUSHROOM STUFFED LAMB FILLETS RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
MUSHROOM STUFFED LAMB FILLETS - SIDE DISH RECIPES
MUSHROOM STUFFED LAMB FILLETS
AUSSIE LAMB-STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE
MUSHROOM-STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST - RECIPETIN EATS
MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE FOR LAMB - DEPORECIPE.CO
SAVORY LAMB-STUFFED MUSHROOMS - MINCERECIPES.INFO
26 BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO COOK LAMB: RECIPE FOR STUFFED MUSHROOMS WITH GROUND …
RECIPE OF ULTIMATE LAMB FILLET WITH MUSHROOM AND SPINACH SAUCE
LAMB STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - DELICIOUS RECIPE FOR …
HOW TO PREPARE ULTIMATE LAMB FILLET WITH MUSHROOM AND SPINACH …
LAMB FILLET WITH MUSHROOM AND TARRAGON SAUCE - ITALIAN NOTES
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : MUSHROOM STUFFED LAMB FILLETS
I prepare them very often! Chicken breast rolls with mushrooms - a dream recipe!6.2K views-03:55
Beef fillet stuffed with Exotic mushrooms on eXpresso1.2K views-09:19
Roast Fillet of Beef with Mushroom Stuffifng165 views-06:00
delicious stuffed chicken breasts102 views-06:44
Stuffed Chicken Breast With Creamy Mushroom Sauce491 views-03:17
Stuffed mushrooms with chicken fillet and cheese. Simple Recipe for champignons with chicken44 views-05:14
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lamb tenderloin with mushroom stuffing?Add the panko and parsley to the pan and toss to coat. Spread the mushroom stuffing onto the lamb leaving 1-inch around the border. Carefully roll the lamb lengthwise and tie with butchers twine at 1 - 2 inch intervals. Rub the outside of the lamb with the marinade that was set aside.
How do you cook mushrooms in lamb leg of lamb?Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for 2 minutes until just cooked. Tip into a bowl, add the parsley, egg yolk and breadcrumbs, season and mix. 3. Spoon the mushroom lling into the ‘tunnel’ in the leg of lamb, pushing it in well.
What is the best way to cook a lamb fillet?Preheat oven to 425°F. Open butterflied lamb like book and place cut side up on work surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix veal and egg into mushroom stuffing. Spread evenly over lamb; press to adhere.
How do you cook Stuffed mushrooms for Christmas dinner?Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. 2. To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and fry the shallots for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for 2 minutes until just cooked. Tip into a bowl, add the parsley, egg yolk and breadcrumbs, season and mix.