RUSSIAN KEFIR PANCAKES (OLADI)
- Whisk 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour, kefir, egg, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl to make a batter.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Heat oil in the skillet. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.8 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 175.3 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
BLINI (RUSSIAN PANCAKES)
- Beat together the milk and the eggs. Stir in the salt and the sugar and mix well. Add the baking soda and citric acid.
- Blend in the flour. Add the vegetable oil and pour in the boiling water, stirring constantly. The batter should be very thin, almost watery. Set the bowl aside and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Pick the pan up off the heat. Pour in a ladleful of batter while you rotate your wrist, tilting the pan so the batter makes a circle and coats the bottom. The blini should be very thin.
- Return the pan to the heat. Cook the blini for 90 seconds. Carefully lift up an edge of the blini to see if it's fully cooked: the edges will be golden and it should have brown spots on the surface. Flip the blini over and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Transfer the blini to a plate lined with a clean kitchen towel. Continue cooking the blini, adding an additional tablespoon of butter to the pan after each 4 blini. Stack them on top of each other and cover with the kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Spread your favorite filling in the center of the blini, and fold three times to make a triangle shape. You can also fold up all 4 sides, like a small burrito.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 524.5 calories, Carbohydrate 57.1 g, Cholesterol 153.3 mg, Fat 26.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 14.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 378.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
OLADI (RUSSIAN PANCAKES)
These pancakes are thick and puffy, as opposed to the thinner crepe-like blini that are served in so many Russian kitchens. Oladi are typically served with a sweet sour cream sauce, jam, or fresh fruit. Recipe & photo: Olgasflavorfactory.com
Provided by Ellen Bales
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the milk, yeast and flour with a wooden spoon.
- 2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until the dough doubles, 30-50 minutes.
- 3. When the dough has doubled in size, add the eggs, oil, sugar and salt. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- 4. Cover and repeat rising time, once again until the dough doubles.
- 5. Heat a few Tbsp. of oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- 6. Since the dough is very sticky, it will stick to the spoon. Fill a mug with water and dunk your spoon in the water every time you get more dough. Gently scoop the dough, trying not to deflate it as much as possible. The dough doesn't stick to the spoon and effortlessly slides right off and into the skillet.
- 7. Cook until golden on both sides.
- 8. Drain on a paper towel. Enjoy with sour cream, jam, berries, etc. You can also add apples, berries, chocolate chips or nuts to the oladi. Simply add them to the batter when adding eggs, sugar, oil and salt.
- 9. HINT: Whisk some sour cream with sugar and vanilla and dunk each pancake in the sour cream mixture. Layer all the oladi in a bowl and the sweet sour cream will seep into the oladi, making them even more tender and juicy.
OLADIKI (RUSSIAN PANCAKES)
My mother brought this recipe with her from Russia.. It survived through all the time we lived in Germany.. and all the time we've lived in the U.S. Meaning: it's good!
Provided by Beckers99
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat egg whites.
- Slowly add sugar, milk, flour and egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add either pie filling or sliced apples, if desired.
- Heat pan over stove.
- Add oil or cooking spray (better results with oil).
- Drop about one teaspoon of batter into hot pan. You can fit as many pancakes into the pan as the pan is big.
- Pancakes should be thick and not very large.
- About 2 - 3 inches in diameter.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.7, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 112.5, Sodium 385.9, Carbohydrate 55.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 25.2, Protein 10.5
OLADI (RUSSIAN KEFIR PANCAKES)
- 1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and whisk in kefir. 2. Add dry ingredients to the kefir mixture, all at once, and stir to combine. Don't over-whisk: A few lumps are to be expected. 3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat (a 12-inch skillet will hold four pancakes; use multiple skillets or cook in batches). Add enough oil to slick the surface, and decrease the heat to medium-low or low: These need time to cook through as the surface browns. 4.Using a measuring cup or ladle, add 1/4-cup portions of batter to the pan. Cook slowly, as with typical pancakes: until bubbles form on the top surface and the batter begins to lose its gloss, and until the pancakes are golden brown on one side (this may take 3-4 minutes). Flip, and repeat on other side. When gently touched, cooked oladi should feel soft and springy, not wet inside. Adjust heat as necessary to keep the pancakes from browning too quickly. 5. If cooking in batches, place cooked pancakes on a plate loosely covered with foil and keep warm in a 150-degree oven, or serve them as they come out of the pan. Serve plain or with sour cream, jam or honey.
More about "oladiki russian pancakes recipes"
OLADI - RUSSIAN PANCAKES RECIPE BY PRIYA SURESH AT ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsServings 4
- Beat the eggs, sugar, salt and slowly add the buttermilk. Whisk well. Add the flour, baking powder to get a thick batter.
- Heat a pan with enough oil, with a ladle drop enough batter on the hot pan. Cook on medium heat, flip the Oladi and cook the other side also.
- Repeat the same process until the batter gets finished. Serve the Oladi warm with jam or else with sour cream.
OLADI - Оладьи - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
Servings 30Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Breakfast See details »
OLADIKI (LITTLE PANCAKES) RECIPE - MYSTEINBACH
See details »
KEFIR PANCAKES 'OLADI' - VIKALINKA
4.9/5 (11)Category BreakfastCuisine RussianTotal Time 50 mins
- In a separate bowl mix flour and baking soda. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir to combine. The batter will be thick!
- Heat a non-stick pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan up to 1 cm/1/3 inch deep. Drop kefir pancakes with a large spoon or a small ice-cream scoop into hot oil and fry on one side until golden and the batter is cooked halfway through, then flip carefully taking care not to splash hot oil. Use two spatulas if necessary. The pancakes will puff up as soon as you flip them over. Maintain medium heat to ensure each pancake is cooked all the way through as they are going to be tall. (Add oil throughout the frying process as needed.)
OLADI (THE BEST RUSSIAN KEFIR PANCAKES WITH APPLE ...
3.6/5 (25)Calories 360 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Melt 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drop about a heaping tablespoon of batter in a skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden-brown. Flip and fry for another minute. You can cook 5-6 Oladi at a time.
OLADI WITH APPLES (RUSSIAN BUTTERMILK PANCAKES)
4.4/5 (8)Category EasyCuisine $3-$4Total Time 1 hr 18 mins
- You have to put the batter in a warm place to rise. Pour the batter in an oven proof bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let it sit in a warm oven for 1 hour. It will about double in volume.
RUSSIAN PANCAKES OLADI (BUTTERMILK PANCAKES) - MOMSDISH
4.8/5 Total Time 35 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 44 per serving
- Heat up a pan with the oil until sizzling hot. Lower the heat to medium and use a tablespoon to pour small amounts of pancake batter into the hot oil.
- Saute the pancakes on each side until golden brown. In between every batch add a little more oil to the skillet.
OLADI (RUSSIAN YEAST PANCAKES) • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Breakfast And Brunch RecipesCalories 580 per serving See details »
OLADI LIKE FLUFF – WORLD BEST RECIPE FOR RUSSIAN OLADUSHKI
Cuisine RussianCategory Breakfast, Dessert, Trifle
- Put lukewarm kefir in a mixing bowl, add egg, sugar and salt and mix, for example with a whisk, until a homogeneous mass.
- Gradually add flour in several portions and mix to form a viscous dough. (Be sure to follow the tips and tricks for making oladyi here at the top of the post).
- Add baking soda to the batter and stir briskly and thoroughly just once (do not stir again when frying the oladi).
- Add enough vegetable oil to the pan and heat it. Then turn the heat to medium, pour about 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake into the pan (you can help yourself with a second spoon to push the batter into the pan each time) and fry the oladushki on both sides until golden to golden brown. Keep adding vegetable oil as needed.
RUSSIAN QUICK BUTTERMILK OLADYI (BUTTERMILK PANCAKES ...
Cuisine RussianServings 4 See details »
OLADI - KEFIR PANCAKES - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
5/5 (2)Category BreakfastCuisine Russian, Slavic, UkrainianTotal Time 15 mins See details »
OLADI (RUSSIAN SOUR-CREAM PANCAKES) | RUSSIANMARTINI
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
RUSSIAN KEFIR PANCAKES (OLADI) | RECIPE | MY HOMEMADE FOOD ...
3.5/5 (14)Category Main Dishes, No-MeatUser Interaction Count 20Total Time 50 mins See details »
GLUTEN-FREE OLADIKI - MULTIGRAIN RUSSIAN PANCAKES ...
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastCuisine RussianTotal Time 25 mins See details »
OLADIKI - MULTIGRAIN RUSSIAN PANCAKES - WELCOME 2 OUR TABLE
Cuisine RussianEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory BreakfastTotal Time 25 mins See details »
WHOLESOME RECIPES YOU CAN TRUST - VIKALINKA
See details »
OLADIKI – RUSSIAN PANCAKES
See details »
OLADIKI (RUSSIAN PANCAKES) RECIPE
See details »
RUSSIAN MINI PANCAKES (OLADIKI) - YOUTUBE
See details »
HOW TO MAKE RUSSIAN PANCAKES (OLADI) - YOUTUBE
See details »
OLADIKI RECIPES WITH INGREDIENTS,NUTRITIONS,INSTRUCTIONS ...
See details »
OLADIKI RUSSIAN PANCAKES RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make Oladi pancakes?How to make Oladi - Russian Pancakes Beat the eggs, sugar, salt and slowly add the buttermilk. Whisk well. Add the flour, baking powder to get a thick batter. Heat a pan with enough oil, with a ladle drop enough batter on the hot pan. Cook on medium heat, flip the Oladi and cook the other side also.
What to serve with Oladi Russian kefir pancakes?Kefir gives a distinguishing taste to oladi, but it probably can be replaced with buttermilk in case you are having troubles finding kefir. Oladi can be served plain or with some kind of a topping: jam, syrop or honey, as well as fresh fruits. I love oladi with sour cream. Repeat with the rest of batter.
What kind of pancakes do they make in Russia?Oladi, or thick pancakes prepared from kefir based batter, is traditional russian breakfast food. Batter is easy to assemble and whole dish doesn’t take much time to cook. Kefir gives a distinguishing taste to oladi, but it probably can be replaced with buttermilk in case you are having troubles finding kefir.
How do you make Russian kefir pancake batter?Whisk 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour, kefir, egg, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl to make a batter. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Heat oil in the skillet. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, 2 to 3 minutes.