OPEN FACED CRAB SALAD SANDWICH
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup and chili sauce in a bowl or food processor. Season the sauce with lemon juice, salt and pepper, Worcestershire, crab boil and grated horseradish and reserve.
- To make the sandwiches: Slice the croissants in half then lightly toast them in the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the crab with the mayonnaise, cream cheese, and capers. Season the mixture with Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, crab boil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Spoon or pipe the crab mixture onto the croissant halves. Arrange the sandwiches on 4 plates. Drizzle with sauce and serve.
OPEN-FACED CRAB SALAD SANDWICHES
Everyone loved the crab salad my mother-in-law contributed to a family gathering, so I reduced the fat in her recipe for this version. Serve it hot or cold or as a spread for crackers. -Lanie Kappe of Santa Ana, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, cheese, red pepper, onions and celery. Spoon over bread halves. , Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 3-in. pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 420mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES
My ds likes these with extra shredded cheese sprinkled over the top before broiling.Recipe source: Simply Seafood (Winter 1991)
Provided by ellie_
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, cheese, mayonnaisse and cayenne (or hot pepper sauce).
- Slice tomatoes into eight slices.
- On a baking sheet or broiler pan place English muffin halves and broil 3-4 inches from heat until golden (3-5 minutes); remove from oven.
- Place a tomato slice on each muffin half and top with crab mixture (about 1/2 cup per muffin half)and then sprinkle with extra shredded cheese, if desired.
- Return to oven and broil until cheese browns. (3-5 minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.2, Fat 16.4, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 58.6, Sodium 793.8, Carbohydrate 8.3, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 3.3, Protein 18.4
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICH
- Toast bread under the broiler on one side only.
- Place toasted sidedown on cookie sheet.
- Combine crab meat, celery, scallions, mushrooms, caraway seeds, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Spread mixture on untoasted side of bread; top with 2 slices bacon and a slice of cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and bubbles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.2, Fat 36.2, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 89.5, Sodium 1341.1, Carbohydrate 21.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 2.1, Protein 26.9
OPEN-FACED SEAFOOD SANDWICHES
Delicious seafood sandwiches are as close as your cupboard using canned crabmeat and shrimp. Arlene Kroll of Vero Beach, Florida adds fresh parsley, lemon juice and Dijon mustard to give these noontime sandwiches a fresh taste.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Brush English muffins with butter; set aside. In a bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, 3/4 cup cheese, celery, olives and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; pour over seafood mixture and toss to coat. , Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of the mixture on each muffin half; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508 calories, Fat 31g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 185mg cholesterol, Sodium 1421mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
More about "open faced crab sandwiches recipes"
OPEN CRAB FACED SANDWICH - MAJOR GATES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BROILED OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
OPEN-FACED SOFT-SHELL CRAB SANDWICHES RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
15 OPEN-FACED SANDWICH RECIPES TO TRY - PUREWOW
OPEN-FACED CRAB AND SCRAMBLED EGG SANDWICHES RECIPE - EAT …
OPEN-FACED CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES WITH TZATZIKI . RECIPE
OPEN FACE SANDWICH IDEAS | GOURMET INSPIRED!
10 BEST OPEN FACE SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
OPEN FACE CRAB SANDWICH RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BROILED OPEN-FACED CRAB-MEAT SANDWICHES RECIPE
CRAB MELT RECIPE - THE BEST OPEN FACED SANDWICH RECIPE
OPEN FACED CRAB SALAD SANDWICH : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
OPEN FACED CRAB SALAD SANDWICH - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES BEST RECIPES
CRAB MELT SANDWICH RECIPES: OPEN-FACED & JUMBO
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OPEN FACED CRAB AND SWISS SANDWICHES - FITNESSHEALTH101.COM
SAVORY OPEN-FACED CRAB SANDWICH - FIVE STARR DISHES
RECIPE OPEN-FACED CRAB SANDWICHES - MYDAILYMOMENT
OPEN FACED CRAB MELT SANDWICH RECIPE - THE SPEEDY GOURMET
OPEN FACE CRAB CHEESE SANDWICH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
OPEN-FACED CRAB SANDWICHES - PLAIN.RECIPES
OPEN FACE HOT CRAB SANDWICH — SAM THE COOKING GUY
OPEN-FACED CRAB CAKE SANDWICH - SIMPLE HEALTHY KITCHEN
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OPEN FACED CRAB MELT SANDWICH RECIPE RECIPES
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | CRAB …
OPEN-FACED CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES WITH TZATZIKI RECIPE
OPEN-FACED CRAB SALAD SANDWICHES | OUR STATE
OPEN-FACED CRAB SANDWICH RECIPE
HOW TO OPEN A CRAB RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
8 OPEN FACED CRAB AND SANDWICHES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
OPEN FACED CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES WITH TZATZIKI RECIPE ... RECIPE
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
17 OPEN SANDWICH RECIPES | RECIPELAND
OPEN FACED CRAB SANDWICH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #seafood #oven #easy #beginner-cook #crab #broil #sandwiches #shellfish #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on a crab sandwich?The Jack cheese and sour cream gives them the gooey goodness, while the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce gives the crab sandwich the perfect “zip”. When you add in sweet Dungeness crab meat…oh my. It is one crab sandwich recipe you definitely want in your recipe box when crab season rolls around! What is a crab melt?
How do you cook a crab sandwich on the grill?Heat a large skillet over medium heat and place 2 slices of bread, butter side down. Top bread evenly with crab mixture, tomato slices, cheddar, swiss and pickles. Top with remaining bread slices, butter side up. Toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes per side or until bread is toasted golden brown and cheese has melted.
How to cook open face crab melts?Combine crab with 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Spread on muffins and sprinkle remaining Jack cheese on top of crab mixture, then sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake at 400 degrees until heated through and cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes. What are other names for Open Face Crab Melts?
What can I do with an open faced sandwich?These open-faced sandwiches level up the gourmet factor while still being quick and easy. Bonus: less bread means less carbs! Do not get hung up on these just being for lunch. Add a side salad, sliced red pepper, tomato soup, and some boiled eggs to any of these for complete and easy dinner recipes, too!