OVEN BARBECUED VENISON
Provided by Lagniapperfr
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut venison into 1-inch cubes. In the bottom of a Dutch oven (or large frying pan), cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble, and set aside. In a bowl or other container, mix all ingredients except venison and rice. Salt and pepper to taste (or try 1 tablespoon of salt and one-eighth teaspoon pepper). Drain venison and brown it in bacon drippings. Pour off dripping and liquid. Add bowlful of ingredients to venison. Stir well. Cover tightly and simmer about 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally. Cook rice. Serve barbecued venison on rice. cook's notes Tough meat should be marinated overnight. The early settlers used ordinary milk. Simply put the meat in a suitable container, cover it with milk, and refrigerate for 15 hours or so. You may prefer it to other marinades because it doesn't flavor the meat. Or, use your favorite marinade. This recipe can also be used for other game, domestic meat, and fowl.
- Marinate the venison meat over night in the Italian dressing. Flip over at least one time during the marinade.
- Cook meat on the grill over medium-high heat. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until done to your taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.8 g, Cholesterol 96.5 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Protein 26.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 972.4 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
MOM'S VENISON BARBEQUE SAUCE
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in the melted butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir the ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and yellow mustard into the onion and butter; allow mixture to warm completely.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and black pepper; cook in the skillet until browned on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour the sauce from the skillet over the steaks.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the steaks from the baking dish to a platter, shaking any excess sauce from the meat. Stir the cornstarch and water together until smooth in a small bowl, then mix into the hot sauce remaining in the baking dish until the mixture begins to thicken; pour over the steaks to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.5 calories, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 963.2 mg, Sugar 25.5 g
"We've always cooked with venison...and this tender flavorful roast and gravy have been a favorite at our house for years," says Ruth McLaren of Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut 10 deep slits in roast; place a garlic clove in each slit. Combine the rosemary, 1 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder and thyme; rub over entire roast. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours., Add 1/2 in. of water to a roasting pan. Place the roast, carrots and onions in pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or meat is tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm., Strain drippings into a measuring cup. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups drippings, bouillon, browning sauce and remaining onion powder. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 145mg cholesterol, Sodium 403mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 41g protein.
OVEN BARBECUED VENISON
- Cut venison into 1-inch cubes.
- In the bottom of a Dutch oven (or large frying pan), cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, crumble, and set aside.
- In a bowl or other container, mix all ingredients except venison and rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste (or try 1 tablespoon of salt and one-eighth teaspoon pepper).
- Drain venison and brown it in bacon drippings.
- Pour off dripping and liquid.
- Add bowlful of ingredients to venison.
- Stir well.
- Cover tightly and simmer about 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook rice.
- Serve barbecued venison on rice.
- Serves 7 or 8 Comment: Tough meat should be marinaded overnight.
- The early settlers used ordinary milk.
- Simply put the meat in a suitable container, cover it with milk, and refrigerate for 15 hours or so.
- You may prefer it to other marinades because it doesn't flavor the meat.
- Or, use your favorite marinade.
- This recipe can also be used for other game, domestic meat, and fowl.
OVEN BARBECUED VENISION
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine sugars, broth & hot water in saucepan. Simmer until sugars are dissolved; then add mustard, vinegar, liquid smoke, tomato paste, ground chile, jalapenos, pequin & garlic. Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, at least 30 minutes. Taste & adjust seasonings. Combine flour & 1 Tsp salt. Heat bacon drippings or oil in large, deep pot over high heat. Dredge venison in flour mixture; add to hot oil & cook until browned on both sides. Spoon off excess fat. Preheat oven to 325. Drizzle 1/4 sauce over meat; arrange half the onion rings on top. Cover & bake 30 minutes; then turn, drizzle with some of the remaining sauce & top with remaining onion rings. Cover & continue to bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat is very tender when pierced. Keep remaining sauce simmering while venison is baking; pass at the table to serve over meat. Makes 4 to 6 servings. TIP: If you want to make this barbecue sauce alone, to use as a sauce for cooked meats or a baste for barbecued meats, simmer about 2 hours or until slightly thickened. Then adjust seasoning as directed. From the , by Jane Butel, ISBN 0-89586-646-3 (0-89586-542-4 paperback). Downloaded from G Internet, G Internet.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531 calories, Fat 7.69591550405128 g, Carbohydrate 64.3142393059179 g, Cholesterol 40.8233133 mg, Fiber 7.48319312477157 g, Protein 57.3722232582562 g, SaturatedFat 1.66491571564113 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (634g), Sodium 1583.81496939592 mg, Sugar 56.8310461811463 g, TransFat 3.33000780987224 g
This is a great EASY meal that your whole family will love! Just cook the venison and add your favorite BBQ sauce :-)
Provided by Wifeandmomof4
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine venison meat, water, onion, salt and pepper in your crock pot for at least 4 hours or until completely cooked.
- Drain all juice produced in cooking process along with onions.
- Place meat on cutting board and pull apart with fork (it should be really tender).
- Put meat back in crock pot and add BBQ sauce.
- Put on your favorite bun and eat! That's it!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.3, Fat 2.7, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 95.2, Sodium 53, Protein 25.7
More about "oven barbecued venison recipes"
TEXAS-STYLE BARBECUE VENISON ROAST | MEATEATER COOK
VENISON RIBS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE | RICARDO
VENISON ROAST RECIPE (OVEN) - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
ROTISSERIE GRILLED VENISON RECIPE ON THE SPIT ROASTER
BBQ VENISON ONION BOMBS - WIDE OPEN EATS
PULLED VENISON IS AN EASY WEEKEND MEAL YOUR FAMILY …
VENISON RECIPES FOR THE SLOW COOKER, OVEN, AND STOVETOP
GRILLED VENISON STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO GRILL VENISON
BARBECUE MARINATED VENISON JERKY STRIPS | RIFLES AND RECIPES
ROTISSERIE VENISON – THE NEARLY FOOLPROOF WAY TO ROAST VENISON
BEST BBQ VENISON RECIPES FROM OUTDOOR CHANNEL STARS
BBQ BRAISED VENISON NECK | MEATEATER COOK
OVEN-BARBECUED VENISON RIBS | DEER MEAT RECIPES, DEER RECIPES, …
OVEN BARBECUED VENISON - PLAIN.RECIPES
BBQ VENISON SHANKS RECIPE - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
BBQ VENISON RIBS – VENISON THURSDAY
BBQ VENISON SANDWICH | SLOW COOKER PULLED VENISON BARBECUE
ROAST VENISON - AN EASY, STRAIGHTFORWARD GUIDE ON ROASTING …
BARBECUED VENISON - HERE ARE THE RECIPES YOU'RE GOING TO NEED
BBQ PULLED VENISON | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
12 MOST POPULAR VENISON RECIPES - GAME & FISH
RECIPE: OVEN-BRAISED VENISON BARBECUE | AN OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF …
ROASTED VENISON WITH BALSAMIC BLACKBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S …
OVEN BARBECUED VENISON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DUTCH OVEN VENISON & APPLE BBQ CAMP BEANS RECIPE
25 BEST VENISON RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
RECIPE: OVEN BARBECUED VENISION
OVEN-BARBECUED VENISON RIBS - BIGOVEN.COM
BARBECUED VENISON CHUCK ROAST - THE SPORTING CHEF
BARBECUED HAUNCH OF VENISON RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
BLACK BARBECUE VENISON RIBS — ELEVATED WILD
HOW TO COOK VENISON STEAKS ON BBQ | FRESH RECIPES NZ
EASY CROCKPOT VENISON BBQ – THE HUNTING MOM
ASTRAY RECIPES: OVEN BARBECUED VENISION
OVEN BARBECUED VENISON | RECIPELION.COM
BARBECUED VENISON RIBS RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
VENISON BARBECUE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BBQ CANNED VENISON RECIPE - FHFH
HOW TO MAKE BARBECUE BAKED VENISON (DEER)
BEST OVEN VENISON ROAST RECIPE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #american #canadian #southern-united-states #southwestern-united-states #dinner-party #fall #holiday-event #summer #winter #stove-top #dietary #new-years #seasonal #comfort-food #midwestern #independence-day #wild-game #deer #northeastern-united-states #meat #moose #superbowl #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love