PACCHERI PASTA WITH PECORINO-PEPPER SAUCE WITH BROCCOLINI
Readers familiar cacio e pepe, a pillar of Roman primi piatti, will note the nod to it here. Since there is no improving on perfect, rather than offering my interpretation, I rolled those flavors into something different. The result is punchy pecorino twirled with pepper, garlic, and bits of broccolini that mingle best with strands of thin pasta, such as tajarin. If ever there was luxury in simplicity, it would be at the bottom of a bowl of this.
Provided by Linda Miller Nicholson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the pecorino into 1-inch pieces (if you have a full-size, high-speed blender) or grate it (if you have a regular blender). Place the cheese in the blender.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini and cook for 3 minutes, until it just begins to wilt, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, puree the cheese and the pasta water in the blender until homogeneous. Be sure the lid is on tight, as pureeing hot liquids can be dangerous.
- Add the pepper and garlic to the broccolini and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the aroma of pepper and garlic fills the air.
- Pour the pecorino-pasta water puree into the broccolini and stir to combine, then immediately toss the mixture well with pasta, making sure every noodle is coated in sauce. Serve immediately.
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until crisp-tender but still bright green, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut florets lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Coat large oval gratin or 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with butter. Arrange broccoli slices, overlapping snugly, in rows in dish. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Dot with 1/4 cup butter, then sprinkle with cheese. DO AHEAD: Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake gratinata uncovered until cheese is melted and broccoli tops brown, about 20 minutes.
SPAGHETTI WITH PECORINO ROMANO AND BLACK PEPPER
- Toast peppercorns in a dry small skillet over moderately high heat, swirling skillet, until fragrant and peppercorns begin to jump, 2 to 3 minutes. Coarsely crush peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or wrap in a kitchen towel and press on peppercorns with bottom of a heavy skillet.
- Cook spaghetti in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Fill a large glass or ceramic bowl with some hot water to warm bowl. Just before spaghetti is finished cooking, drain bowl but do not dry.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta quickly in a colander (do not shake off excess water) and add to warm pasta bowl. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese and 3 tablespoons cooking water evenly over spaghetti and toss quickly. If pasta seems dry, toss with some additional cooking water.
- Divide pasta among 4 plates, then sprinkle with pepper and 2 tablespoons cheese (total). Serve immediately with additional cheese on the side.
SPAGHETTI WITH PECORINO AND BLACK PEPPER
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta; return to pot.
- To pasta in pot, add 1 cup reserved pasta water. Gradually add 1 cup Pecorino, tossing constantly with tongs until cheese is melted; add pepper. Toss to coat pasta lightly; if desired, gradually add a little more pasta water to thin. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 20 g
BLISTERED BROCCOLI PASTA WITH WALNUTS, PECORINO AND MINT
The trick to creating deeply browned, pan-seared broccoli involves two things: high heat and no touching. Allowing your florets and stems to sear in an even layer, undisturbed, gives them time to blister without cooking all the way through, so they retain some crunch. While many pasta sauces are finished with starchy pasta water, this one isn't, since the hot water would strip the broccoli of that color and crunch you worked so hard to achieve. Instead, toss the cooked pasta in the skillet with the broccoli, walnuts and cheese. A drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon will provide any additional moisture you need.
Provided by Dawn Perry
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the walnuts and red-pepper flakes, if using, and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer walnuts and red-pepper flakes to a small bowl. Season walnuts with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and toss to coat in the oil. Shake the skillet so broccoli settles in an even layer. Cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes. Toss and shake to arrange in an even layer again and cook, undisturbed, another 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet along with the lemon zest, cheese, toasted walnuts and half the mint; toss to combine. Divide among plates or bowls and top with remaining mint, more cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges, squeezing juice on top, if desired.
PASTA WITH BROCCOLI AND PEPPERONI
A quick, tasty dish for something different to serve on those nights when time is short. Broccoli can be par boiled ahead of time and refrigerated until time to prepare dinner.
Provided by Marie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut broccoli into small pieces and cook until almost done and drain well.
- Saute garlic on low heat, then add pepperoni and cook a few minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook until tender.
- Cook pasta and drain, then add butter and melt over low heat.
- Add pasta and toss with half the cheese, then add pepperoni, broccoli mixture.
- Serve with additional cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 900.2, Fat 40.3, SaturatedFat 18.7, Cholesterol 81.4, Sodium 864.7, Carbohydrate 101.3, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 5.9, Protein 35.7
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA WITH BROCCOLI
The classic Italian combination of sausage and peppers creates a satisfying and easy weeknight meal when combined with pasta. Broccoli is a fantastic nutritious addition that adds texture and cooks up quickly, or you can opt for broccolini or broccoli rabe if you want a more assertive vegetable. Sweet Italian pork sausage is used here, but there's no need to feel tied to the recipe: Substitute with spicy Italian sausage for extra heat, use chicken-apple sausage for a healthier take, or swap in fresh chorizo or breakfast sausage to turn this dinner into brunch.
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat using a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the broccoli, peppers and garlic to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until they soften and begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain the pasta. Return the pasta and reserved cooking water to the pot over low heat. Add the broccoli mixture, cooked sausage and its accumulated juices, 1/2 cup Parmesan, the lemon juice and red-pepper flakes and stir vigorously until liquid is slightly thickened and saucy, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta with additional Parmesan for sprinkling on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 981, UnsaturatedFat 30 grams, Carbohydrate 99 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 41 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 1080 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "paccheri pasta with pecorino pepper sauce with broccolini recipes"
PACCHERI PASTA WITH VEGGIE SAUCE | SO DELICIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Add salt, pepper, squeeze some lime juice, then add the tomato sauce. Stir and cook until the veggies soften.
STUFFED BAKED PACCHERI RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Dish, PastaCalories 319 per serving
PACCHERI PASTA WITH PECORINO-PEPPER SAUCE WITH …
PACCHERI WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND RICOTTA | THE CITY COOK, INC.
SAUSAGE BROCCOLINI PEPPERS AND ONIONS WITH PASTA RECIPE | RECIPE ...
SPAGHETTI WITH BROCCOLINI, OLIVE OIL, CHILI PEPPERS, AND GARLIC
PASS THE PACCHERI | CIAO ITALIA
10 BEST PEPPERONCINI PASTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
PACCHERI PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - JULIA'S ALBUM
PASTA WITH PECORINO AND PEPPER (CACIO E PEPE)
PACCHERI PASTA WITH PECORINO-PEPPER SAUCE WITH BROCCOLINI
LEMON BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
CACIO E PEPE (SPAGHETTI WITH BLACK PEPPER AND PECORINO CHEESE)
CREAMY PECORINO PASTA CACIO E PEPE RECIPE - NOT QUITE NIGELLA
PASTA WITH PECORINO AND PEPPER - FOOD NETWORK
SPICY PACCHERI WITH SAUSAGE & GREENS - THE ORIGINAL DISH
PACCHERI WITH PORCINI RAGU AND SAUSAGE - COOKING WITH NONNA
A RECIPE FOR PACCHERI CON SUGO DI MARE (PASTA WITH SEAFOOD …
BUCATINI WITH PANCETTA, PECORINO AND PEPPER RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CACIO E PEPE (SPAGHETTI WITH BLACK PEPPER AND PECORINO ROMANO) …
THICK SPAGHETTI WITH PECORINO, PEPPER AND WALNUTS RECIPE - LA …
BAKED PACCHERI - RECIPE - EATALY MAGAZINE | EATALY
SPAGHETTI WITH BROCCOLINI PESTO RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPAGHETTI WITH BROCCOLINI RECIPE - PAUL EVERETT | FOOD & WINE
BACON, CHILI AND PECORINO SPAGHETTI ( PASTA ALLA GRICIA )
PASTA CON BROCCOLI -THE ULTIMATE ITALIAN COMFORT FOOD - SIP AND …
BROCCOLI AND PECORINO PESTO PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PASTA WITH PARMESAN AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
PACCHERI PASTA WITH PEPPERS AND PIAVE CHEESE - MAMABLIP
PASTA WITH TOMATO, PARMESAN, PECORINO OR PACCHERI ALLA SCARPARIELLO
BROCCOLINI, PANCETTA AND PECORINO PASTA - 9KITCHEN - NINE
PACCHERI WITH PORCINI, SPECK AND PISTACHIO. - THE PASTA PROJECT
PACCHERI WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND PARMESAN - RECIPE - DECANTER
SPAGHETTI WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS AND PECORINO CHEESE - PASTA …
PASTA WITH PEPPERONCINI PEPPERS SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING LSL
RICOTTA AND BASIL FILLED PACCHERI PASTA - THE PASTA PROJECT
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH PECORINO CHEESE - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE - KITCHN
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH PECORINO | SILVIA BALDINI
SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPE
BAKED PACCHERI WITH 3 CHEESE TOMATO SAUCE - PHILIPS BY DONATELLA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Pecorino pasta with cheese?Grate your Pecorino, if needed. (I grate chunks of the cheese in my blender.) Add your grated cheese and the black pepper to a bowl large enough to fit your cooked pasta. Stir the cheese and pepper to combine. When the water comes to a boil, add your pasta to the pot, stirring it in. Stir your pasta every few minutes to prevent sticking.
How do you Cook Pasta with peppercorns?Working quickly, with the heat on very low, toss the pasta with 1/2 cup of the grated Pecorino, the crushed peppercorns, cream, butter, parsley, and 1 teaspoon salt, tossing constantly. If the pasta seems dry, add some of the reserved cooking water. Off the heat, toss in the remaining 1/2 cup Pecorino.
How do you make paccheri with pasta?Use a sharp knife or pasta cutter to form into rectangles, and cover those not presently being formed into paccheri with a tea towel or cling wrap to avoid drying out. Working with one piece at a time, wrap the rectangles of pasta around your dowel, brushing the overlapping section lightly with water to seal.
How much peppercorn do you put on Spaghetti?Directions. Working quickly, with the heat on very low, toss the pasta with 1/2 cup of the grated Pecorino, the crushed peppercorns, cream, butter, parsley, and 1 teaspoon salt, tossing constantly. If the pasta seems dry, add some of the reserved cooking water. Off the heat, toss in the remaining 1/2 cup Pecorino.