PUNGENT PARSLEY AND CAPER SAUCE
This irresistible sauce is a variation of Italian salsa verde, which is often served with cold meat. This sauce also goes well with grains, vegetables and fish, or it can simply be spooned onto bread.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories weekday, condiments, sauces and gravies
Yield About 1 1/3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the bread and vinegar, and toss together. Let sit for 10 minutes, then tear the bread into small pieces.
- Turn on a food processor fitted with the steel blade, and drop in the garlic. Once it is chopped and adhering to the sides of the bowl, stop the processor and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the herbs to the processor, and pulse several times until contents are finely chopped. Add the bread, capers and egg yolk to the bowl, and turn on the processor for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides, then turn on again and add the olive oil in a slow stream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 149, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 70 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PARSLEY & CAPER DRESSING
Enjoy this punchy parsley and caper dressing with our roasted rack of lamb. Make it as chunky or smooth as you like by chopping or blitzing in a blender
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Finely chop the capers and parsley by hand.
- Tip the chopped parsley and capers into a bowl and stir through the mustard, olive oil and vinegar to make a dressing. Alternatively, tip everything into a mini chopper and blitz until it's as smooth as you want it. Serve with the lamb chops and potatoes. Will keep chilled for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
POTATO AND TUNA SALAD WITH CAPERS AND DIJON DRESSING
- Cook unpeeled potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, green onions and tuna in bowl.
- In seperate bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, parsley, capers, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Combine mustard, salt, peppr, and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Whiskk in olive oil until well blended.
- Stir in capers.
- Blend all ingredients in processor until coarse puree forms. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
SALSA VERDE (CAPER AND PARSLEY SAUCE)
- If using capers packed in salt, in a small bowl soak in water to cover by 2 inches for 15 minutes and drain. In a food processor combine all ingredients except vinegar and finely chop. Salsa verde may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salsa verde to room temperature before proceeding. Just before serving, stir in vinegar.
CREAMY SHALLOT AND PARSLEY VINAIGRETTE
This creamy vinaigrette is the perfect accompaniment to any power salad. Also add it to steak, chicken, or pork as a guilt-free condiment. For best food-safety practices, refrigerate vinaigrette (for up to 5 days) after 1 to 2 hours at room temperature.
Provided by Mike Karam
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine vinegar, parsley, shallot, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender. Add egg yolk. Blend together for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Keep the blender running as you add olive oil in a long, steady stream. Continue to blend until fully emulsified. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 17.1 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 405.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
CAPER AND LIME VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, capers, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 129.3 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
BEEF SALAD WITH CAPER & PARSLEY DRESSING
- Scatter the salad leaves, tomatoes and red peppers over a serving platter, then arrange the beef slices on top.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl with some salt and pepper, then whisk vigorously with a fork until thickened. Drizzle over the beef and salad and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 628 calories, Fat 50 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 40 grams protein, Sodium 1.76 milligram of sodium
More about "parsley caper dressing recipes"
PARSLEY-CAPER SAUCE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
PARSLEY- CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | YEPRECIPES
CREAMY PARSLEY SALAD DRESSING - JAMIE GELLER
PORK RIB EYE STEAK ON THE BONE WITH PARSLEY & CAPER …
SALAD NICOISE DRESSING - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE CAPER VINAIGRETTE
PEARL BARLEY SALAD WITH CAPERS AND PARSLEY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PARSLEY & CAPER DRESSING IN 2022 | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, FOOD, …
CAPER DRESSING - RECIPES - PAGE 9 | COOKS.COM
SIMPLE LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
WHOLE BARBECUED SEABASS WITH LEMON, PARSLEY AND CAPER DRESSING
CAPER-PARSLEY SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PARSLEY CAPER SAUCE: RECIPE DEMO FOR VEGAN, HERB DRESSING FOR …
ZESTY PARSLEY CAPER SAUCE - CREATIVELY DELISH
10 PARSLEY RECIPES TO TRY – A COUPLE COOKS
PARSLEY & CAPER DRESSING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEMON PARSLEY SALAD DRESSING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY LEMON CAPER SAUCE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CRISPY TROUT WITH WARM PARSLEY-CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
ROASTED GARLIC, ANCHOVY AND CAPER DRESSING - RECIPE WINNERS
PARMESAN-CRUSTED SOLE WITH CAPER AND PARSLEY DRESSING
SEA BREAM, MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES & LEMON, PARSLEY & CAPERS …
CREAMY CAPER AND HERBY SALAD DRESSING: IT HAS STAYING POWER
ANCHOVY CAPER DRESSING - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
PAN-FRIED LEMON SOLE WITH CAPER AND PARSLEY DRESSING RECIPE
CRISPY TROUT WITH WARM PARSLEY-CAPER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - I CAN …
PORCHETTA RECIPE WITH PARSLEY & CAPER SAUCE - ALYSSA AND CARLA
EASY PARSLEY RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
BEANS WITH ROASTED GARLIC, CAPERS & PARSLEY | KALOFAGAS.CA
SALMON SALAD WITH PARSLEY CAPER DRESSING – HAPAWAY | SALMON …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lemon and parsley salad dressing?To make the dressing, mix the oil with the lemon zest and juice, capers, mustard, some seasoning and 1 tbsp water. Don't add the parsley yet (unless serving straight away) as the acid in the lemon will fade the colour if they are left together for too long. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
What is lemon-parsley dressing?Brightly flavored, this lemon-parsley dressing is a fantastic flavor boost to spring and summer salads. Rather than a vinaigrette, this recipe creates an olive oil-based dressing that requires no vinegar. Instead, the olive oil is flavored with fresh parsley, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
What can I do with fresh parsley?Parsley adds fresh flavour to sauces, salsas and pestos, and can be used as a garnish. Check out our recipes using parsley, from tabbouleh to pasta dishes. Enjoy this punchy parsley and caper dressing with our roasted rack of lamb. Make it as chunky or smooth as you like by chopping or blitzing in a blender
What can I make with parsley and shallot?Parsley, shallot and capers make it more than an average salad and it pairs well with cooked meats A perfect no-fuss meal for friends with a flavoursome dressing This satisfying evening meal can be made in advance: simply make up the pie and freeze until you are ready to bake it