ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS (PASTA FAGGIOLI)
A totally vegetarian, healthy dish that is delicious and comforting. Loaded with fiber, low in fat and calories...healthy doesn't get much better than this! Serve with crusty Italian or French bread :)
Provided by Karen..
Yield 8 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta as box instructs, in boiling salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and water and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low-med heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in drained pasta, cheese and parsley and cook until heated through.
PASTA AND BEANS | PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE
Pasta and beans soup is a recipe that includes different variations and seasonings, based on regional origin. There are those who use ham, some lard and some still use rind (for the very famous variant of pasta and beans with pork rinds, Roman style). Among the aromatic herbs we have bay leaf, thyme, parsley, marjoram, rosemary. Speaking of tomatoes: you will find versions with tomato passata, tomato paste or with fresh tomatoes, such as the Neapolitan one. Finally, the beans: must be previously cooked. You can use canned beans, dried or fresh beans. Here is the most famous, easy-to-make pasta and beans recipe.
Provided by Recipes from Italy
Categories soup recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook the beans. Dice carrot and celery, then chop the onion and set aside
- In a large soup pot, sauté over medium heat in 6 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil, the garlic cloves, the sprig of rosemary and the sage leaves
- When the garlic is golden (2/3 minutes), remove it from the soup pot; remove the sage and rosemary as well. Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery you set aside. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring often. Add the cooked beans, mix and let them flavor
- Add the tomato passata and stir. Then Pour in the hot broth and add the bay leaves. Mix and cook over medium heat covered with a lid for about 20 minutes
- Transfer 3 or 4 ladles of the soup (avoiding the bay leaves) to a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour the blended mixture in a bowl and set aside
- Add pasta to the simmering soup. Continue cooking until the pasta is cooked al dente
- Add the blended mixture, season with salt if necessary and mix. Serve pasta and beans with a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 100g, Calories 115 cal
PASTA AND BEANS: PASTA E FAGIOLI
I could live on this recipe -- a quick version of my Gran'pa Emmanuel's masterwork.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 6 BIG servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat and add oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta bits lightly, and add herb stems, bay leaf, chopped vegetables, and garlic. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Add beans, tomato sauce, water, and stock to pot and raise heat to high. Bring soup to a rapid boil and add pasta. Reduce heat to medium and cook soup, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente. Rosemary and thyme leaves will separate from stems as soup cooks. Remove herb stems and bay leaf from soup and place pot on table on a trivet. Let soup rest and begin to cool for a few minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and top with lots of grated cheese. Pass crusty bread for bowl mopping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calorie, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 13 milligrams, Sodium 1101 milligrams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 18 grams, Sugar 8 grams
PASTA AND BEANS
- In a medium size saucepan heat the olive oil. Saute onion until tender. Stir in tomatoes and entire can of beans. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix pasta with bean mixture and salt as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.5 calories, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 227.5 mg, Sugar 4 g
PASTA AND BEANS (PASTA E FAGIOLI)
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the oil, garlic, and hot pepper flakes over medium-low heat. As soon as the garlic begins to color, add the tomatoes and salt. With a wooden spoon, break up the larger pieces of tomato. Increase the heat slightly and sizzle for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked beans and enough bean water to cover. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and simmer gently over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water if necessary.
GREEK PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND WHITE BEANS
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and beans in a large non-stick skillet. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach to the sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly.
- Serve sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with feta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.8 calories, Carbohydrate 79 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 11.5 g, Protein 23.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 592.8 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
PASTA AND BEANS
- Soak the cannellini beans overnight and drain.
- Pulse the bacon, garlic, and rosemary in a mini-food processor to make a fine-textured paste or pestata.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the pestata, and cook until bacon has rendered its fat, about 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, make a second pestata (you don't have to wash the processor) by puréeing the onion and carrot. Add the second pestata to the pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it has dried out and starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the pestata to one side of the pan to clear a "hot spot," add the tomato paste, and let cook for a few minutes, until lightly toasted. Stir the tomato paste into the pestata, and add the drained beans, the potatoes, and the bay leaves. Pour in the water. Bring the soup to a boil, cover, and let cook at a strong simmer until beans and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes, uncovering to reduce liquid about halfway through the cooking time. Stir in the salt.
- With a large wooden spoon, mash the remaining potatoes against the side of the pot to thicken the soup. Return soup to a boil, add the ditalini, and cook until pasta is al dente. Season to taste.
- Serve soup with a drizzle of olive oil and some grated cheese.
FARMER'S BEANS AND PASTA
- Cook pasta, according to package instructions; drain. Set aside.
- In medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sage, oregano, salt, pepper, and stock. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the beans, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Toss with pasta, and serve.
PASTA, BEANS AND TOMATOES
Many vegan dishes (like fruit salad and peanut butter and jelly) are already beloved, but the problem faced by many of us is in imagining less-traditional dishes that are interesting and not challenging. Here is a more creative option to try.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Saute; a couple of cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of chopped fresh or canned tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until saucy; add 1.5 cups canned white beans (or about 1 cup of cooked beans) and heat until bubbly.
- Add a little more minced garlic, then a pound of cooked penne pasta.
- Add fresh basil and a bit more oil and serve.
PASTA WITH BEANS AND BEEF
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add meat and red pepper. Sauté until meat is no longer pink, breaking up large pieces, about 5 minutes. Add 6 1/2 cups broth, beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Mix in pasta. Reduce heat to medium, Simmer uncovered until pasta is just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often and adding remaining broth by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is too thick, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN PASTA
This was something I created as a teenager, back when I was a vegetarian. Now that my daughter doesn't eat meat, she asks for this dinner several times a week. -Ashlynn Azar, Beaverton, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 230mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PASTA AND BEANS
- Cook pasta according to pkg instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in lg skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook 3 minutes.
- Put drained pasta on serving plates.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta and olives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.3, Fat 10.1, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 670.7, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 9.9, Sugar 9.9, Protein 16.2
PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND BEANS
This pasta is one reason I always keep a few cans of tomatoes and cannellinis in my pantry. Beans contribute protein to this pasta, which makes a great vegan dish if you serve it without the cheese.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves four
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet or saucepan. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes. Add the garlic, and stir together until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes with juice and a pinch of sugar. Raise the heat slightly, and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes are bubbling vigorously. Lower the heat to medium-low, and cook gently, stirring and mashing the tomatoes often with the back of your spoon until they have cooked down into a thick, fragrant sauce, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the beans and the herbs, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- When the pasta water comes to a boil, salt generously and add the pasta. Cook al dente, following the recommendations on the package but checking about a minute before the indicated time. When the pasta is just about done, check to see if the tomato sauce seems dry. If so, add up to 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the pan and stir. Drain the pasta, toss with the sauce and serve, passing the cheese for sprinkling.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 524, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 92 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 738 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
More about "pasta and beans recipes"
10 BEST PASTA WITH WHITE BEANS RECIPES - YUMMLY
PASTA & BEANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Kid-Friendly Vegetarian Dinner RecipesCalories 466 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not colored, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, oregano and crushed red pepper; cover and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to break down and release their juices, 5 to 10 minutes. Add beans, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in the boiling water for 4 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and cook until the pasta is just tender and the broccoli rabe is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta and broccoli rabe and place in a large bowl. Add the tomato mixture and the reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat. The dish should be slightly soupy. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
ONE PAN PASTA WITH BEANS (PASTA E FAGIOLI) - THE BUSY BAKER
TRI-COLOR PASTA WITH GREEN BEANS: AN EASY 30 MINUTE RECIPE
PASTA AND BEANS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
PASTA BEANS - THE ORIGINAL ITALIAN 'PASTA E FAGIOLI' RECIPE - ITALIAN …
ONE-POT TOMATO CHICKPEAS AND ORZO (PASTA E CECI) - KITCHN
PASTA AND BEANS - LIDIA
PASTA AND BEANS - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
WE TRIED 9 BEAN-BASED PASTAS—AND THESE WERE OUR FAVORITES
PASTA WITH BEANS RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
MEDITERRANEAN BEAN AND BROCCOLI PASTA | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
ONE-POT WHITE BEAN PASTA (15 MINUTES!) - THE CLEVER MEAL
PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE (ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS) - COOKIE …
PASTA WITH BEANS AND GREENS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
EASY TUSCAN WHITE BEAN PASTA RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
PASTA WITH BEANS AND MUSHROOMS (PASTA E FAGIOLI) - THE NEW …
PASTA AND BEANS - LIDIA
BEST PASTA WITH CREAMY WHITE BEANS RECIPES | GIADA ENTERTAINS
15 CANNELLINI BEAN RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE! - THE CLEVER MEAL
NONNA’S ITALIAN PASTA & BEANS (PASTA FAZOOL): A CLASSIC …
RECIPES WITH PASTA AND BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PASTA E FAGIOLI: PASTA AND BEANS RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
PASTA WITH BEANS AND BROTH
PESTO PASTA SALAD WITH GREEN BEANS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
GREEK PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND WHITE BEANS - FOOD RECIPES
10 BEST BLACK BEAN PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTA E FAGIOLI PASTA AND BEANS - ANITALIANINMYKITCHEN.COM
PASTA AND BEANS RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PASTA AND BEANS (PASTA E FAGIOLI) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
39 PIZZA PASTA, BEANS & SAUCES IDEAS IN 2022 | COOKING RECIPES, …
LEFTOVER MEAT PASTA AND BEANS - WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
CALABRIAN PASTA AND BROAD BEANS, THE TRADITIONAL RECIPE
PASTA SOUP WITH BEANS AND TOMATO - SAN REMO | RECIPE | PASTA …
PASTA E FAGIOLI AKA PASTA AND BEANS - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #pasta #easy #european #stove-top #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment
You'll also love