BLACK PEPPER BEEF
Hei Jiao Niu Liu (黑椒牛柳), or Black Pepper Beef, is a fast, easy stir-fry made with beef, onions, and peppers seasoned with oyster sauce and loads of black pepper. My take on this Chinese classic features big juicy chunks of steak, which gives the dish more substance and a bold, beefy taste.
Provided by Marc Matsumoto
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put the black peppercorns in a mortar and use a pestle to crack the peppercorns coarsely. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, put the peppercorns in a freezer bag, and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- In a bowl, whisk the oyster sauce, Shaoxing, soy sauce, sesame oil, and most of the black pepper (saving a little to garnish). Add the potato starch and mix that in until there are no lumps left. Stir the beef in, to coat evenly and let it marinate while you prepare the vegetables.
- Once all the prep is done, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the vegetable oil, and then use tongs to add the beef in a single layer. Try to leave as much of the marinade in the bowl as possible.
- Fry the beef on one side until golden brown, and then flip each piece and fry the second side until browned.
- Dump the onions, bell pepper, and garlic into the pan and turn the heat to high. Stir-fry, tossing the contents of the pan periodically to ensure everything cooks evenly.
- When the onions become translucent, add the remaining marinade and toss everything together until the black pepper beef is shiny and evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve with rice and garnish with the remaining black pepper (to taste).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 23 g, Fat 32 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, Cholesterol 82 mg, Sodium 502 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BEEF WITH PEPPERS
- Mix together soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, and chili paste (or chili oil.) Place sliced beef in the mixture and toss to coat. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. When it is very hot, throw in the onions and cook for less than a minute. Remove to a separate plate. Return skillet to flame, allow to reheat, and add bell peppers (and hot pepper/jalapeno if using.) Cook for a minute, tossing, until peppers have brown/black bits but are still firm. Remove to a plate. Return skillet to heat and allow to get hot. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture, evenly distributing over the surface of the skillet. Allow to sit for 20 to 30 seconds, then turn with tongs. Cook for another 30 seconds, then remove to a separate plate. Repeat with remaining meat until all brown.Reduce heat to low. Add all meat, onions, and peppers to the skillet and toss to combine. Pour in remaining sauce (the sauce the meat marinated in*) and stir. Allow to simmer on low for a few minutes. Sauce will slowly thicken. Turn off heat. *Update/Note: you can also whip up an extra batch of liquid if you do not want to use the same liquid you use for the meat. Turn off boiling water, then throw in noodles. Stir, then allow noodles to sit in hot water for 8 minutes or so (check package directions to be sure.) Drain, then add 1/2 the noodles to stir fry. Toss together, then add more noodles to taste. Add very hot water if needed to thin. Top with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
BEEF AND PEPPERS
Bell peppers and beef have always complimented each other so putting them together in this main dish was a no brainer. -Anita Foster, Fairmount, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in skillet, brown beef on all sides. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, peppers and broth; cover and simmer 20 minutes. , Combine water and cornstarch; stir into broth. Cook and stir until gravy is thick and shiny. Add seasonings. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 303mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
BLACK PEPPER BEEF
- Bring the beef to room temperature. Pat dry and sprinkle with salt. Dredge the beef lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown half the beef and transfer to a plate. Add another 1 tablespoon EVOO to the pot and brown the remaining beef. Return all the beef to the pot and add the stock and enough water to cover the beef. Stir in the garlic and bay leaf and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pot and simmer for 2 hours. Stir in the red wine, tomato paste and pepper and cook until the beef is tender enough to fall apart and the sauce is thick, 2 to 3 hours more.
- When the beef is almost finished cooking, cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and return to the hot pot. Cut the Taleggio into cubes and mash into the potatoes with enough milk to reach the desired consistency. Stir in the sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the beef and sauce among bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
- Cook's Note: The beef stew can be covered and refrigerated for a make-ahead meal. Reheat gently, adding water as needed to thin the sauce.
ROAST BEEF WITH PEPPERS, ONIONS, AND POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place peppers, onions, potatoes, and whole garlic cloves on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with half the oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Using a paring knife, make 12 small slits in top and sides of roast; push in garlic slivers. Move vegetables to sides of sheet. Place beef in center, and coat with remaining oil; rub all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and thyme.
- Roast 40 to 50 minutes, tossing vegetables occasionally, until tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of beef registers 130 degrees for medium-rare. Let meat stand 10 minutes, loosely tented with aluminum foil to keep warm. Cut half into very thin slices (reserve remaining half for leftovers). Serve with vegetables.
- Cool remaining beef to room temperature; place in an airtight container, or wrap in plastic, and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 34 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
EASY PEPPER STEAK
We live on the eastern edge of the Sand Hills here in Nebraska, where most folks are ranchers. This popular pepper steak recipe is tasty as well as colorful. -Carolyn Butterfield, Atkinson, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. , Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 465mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
- Slice the beef into 3 inch strips 1/4 inch wide.
- Heat 1 T.
- oil in skillet on medium high and add onion and garlic, stirring until onion is tender, around 4 or 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add remaining oil and saute the beef until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper to the skillet, stir well.
- Return beef, onion and garlic to skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add celery, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook until celery and peppers are crisp/tender-around 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
- Stir into the skillet stirring constantly until thickened around 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.6, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 62.4, Sodium 1331, Carbohydrate 12.2, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.9, Protein 30.1
BLACK PEPPER BEEF AND CABBAGE STIR-FRY
Coarsely crushed black peppercorns star in this quick weeknight dish, which is built primarily from pantry staples. Don't be shy about adding the entire tablespoon of pepper, as it balances out the richness of the beef and adds a lightly spicy bite to the dish. A quick rub of garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cornstarch seasons the beef; the cornstarch helps tenderize the beef and later imparts a silky texture to the sauce. Feel free to marinate the beef up to 8 hours ahead and cook when you're ready. If leftovers remain, tuck them into a crunchy baguette or roll them into a wrap.
Provided by Sue Li
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Add peppercorns, garlic, brown sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add sliced steak and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add steak and cook, stirring frequently, until some of the edges are lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add soy sauce and toss beef to coat, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a bowl or plate.
- Add cabbage to skillet, spread in an even layer and let cook, undisturbed, for 1 minute so that some pieces caramelize in the pan. Toss and cook cabbage, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in vinegar and season with salt.
- Add steak and any juices back to the skillet, and stir until well combined with the cabbage and warmed through, about 1 minute. Top with toasted sesame seeds and scallions; serve with rice.
CHINESE PEPPER STEAK
A delicious meal, served with boiled white rice, that's easy and made from items that I've already got in my cupboards! My mother clipped this recipe from somewhere and it became a specialty of mine; however, I've been unable to find the original source.
Provided by Kim Wilson
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice the steak into 1/2-inch thick slices across the grain.
- Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and ginger in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Place the steak slices into the marinade, and stir until well-coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and place 1/3 of the steak strips into the hot oil. Cook and stir until the beef is well-browned, about 3 minutes, and remove the beef from the wok to a bowl. Repeat twice more, with the remaining beef, and set the cooked beef aside.
- Return all the cooked beef to the hot wok, and stir in the onion. Toss the beef and onion together until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes, then stir in the green pepper. Cook and stir the mixture until the pepper has turned bright green and started to become tender, about 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, stir everything together, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 972.4 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
This goes together so easily for a quick week day dinner. Flavor combination was just right for us. Cook time does not include the marinade.
Provided by Nimz_
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes in medium bowl.
- Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices.
- Toss beef with soy sauce mixture and marinade for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat until hot.
- Add half of beef mixture.
- Stir-fry until beef is barely pink in center.
- Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok and add bell peppers and onion.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir-fry 6-7 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add stir-fry sauce and wine.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Return beef along with any accumulated juices to wok and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice, if desired.
BEEF PEPPER STEAK
This makes a tasty, extremely tender pepper steak. Try serving with salad, tomatoes and French fries.
Provided by Marla
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small, nonporous bowl, combine the peppercorns, tamari, garlic, sugar and salt. Add the beef filet and coat well on all sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Place the beef filet in the pan and saute for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.2 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Cholesterol 131.2 mg, Fat 44.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 27.9 g, SaturatedFat 20.6 g, Sodium 1235.7 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
More about "pepper beef recipes"
BEEF AND PEPPER STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BEST PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEPPER STEAK
BLACK PEPPER BEEF STIR FRY - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
QUICK BEEF STIR-FRY WITH BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
AMAZING PEPPER STEAK STIR FRY | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THREE-PEPPER BEEF STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BEEF AND PEPPER STEW - THE DARING GOURMET
PEPPER STEAK RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
GARLIC PEPPER BEEF JOLLIBEE STYLE | PANLASANG PINOY …
BEEF PEPPER RICE RECIPE - JAN'S FOOD STEPS
BLACK PEPPER BEEF RECIPE | STEAK RECIPES | PBS FOOD
10 BEST PEPPER STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACK PEPPER BEEF - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
10 BEST GROUND BEEF RED PEPPER RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLACK PEPPER BEEF RECIPE
BLACK PEPPER BEEF (BEST CHINESE STIR-FRY RECIPE) - RASA …
PEPPER STEAK RECIPE| BEEF STIR FRY - BETTER THAN CHINESE …
PEPPER BEEF RECIPE - CASABALUARTEFILIPINORECIPES.COM
BLACK PEPPER BEEF RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - QUICK AND EASY - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
BEEF RECIPES FROM CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
PEPPER CRUSTED ROAST BEEF RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
PEPPER BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GROUND BEEF AND PEPPERS SKILLET - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
BLACK PEPPER BEEF STIR-FRY (黑椒牛柳) - RED HOUSE SPICE
28 BEST STUFFED PEPPER RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BEEF PEPPER STEAK FOR TWO RECIPES
QUICK AND EASY PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - READY IN 20 MINUTES!
EASY BLACK PEPPER BEEF — LET'S DISH RECIPES
TOMATO PEPPER BEEF RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
15 MINUTE HONEY PEPPER BEEF STIR FRY - THE CHUNKY CHEF
THREE-PEPPER BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEEF IN PEPPER SAUCE BEST RECIPES
PEPPER BEEF RECIPE : SBS FOOD
BLACK PEPPER BEEF STIR FRY (黑椒牛柳) | MADE WITH LAU
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #beef #asian #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #steaks
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make garlic pepper beef?This recipe is a home made version of the popular garlic pepper beef or sometime called garlic pepper steak from Jollibee. In a small bowl, combine beef with soy sauce and massage the meat in a squeezing motion using your hands. Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the beef in medium heat until it turns brown. Transfer into a serving plate.
What is the best way to cook black pepper beef?Easy black pepper beef with beef, black pepper and onion. This Chinese black pepper steak and beef takes 20 minutes to make and much better than takeout. Marinate the beef with all the Marinade ingredients, about 15 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat.
What is a good recipe for pepper steak?This popular pepper steak recipe is tasty as well as colorful. —Carolyn Butterfield, Atkinson, Nebraska Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
What is the best way to cook beef and pepper stir fry?Beef and pepper stir-fry, seared over super high heat, is an easy, delicious weeknight dish. Add this beef and pepper stir fry to your weeknight rotation! Add all the marinade ingredients to the beef in a bowl, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.