DIPPED PEPPERMINT SPOONS
Provided by Food Network
Yield Makes 8 spoons
Number Of Ingredients 6
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- MICROWAVE semi-sweet morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- DIP the end of each spoon in melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- MICROWAVE white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag. Squeeze to drizzle over ends of already dipped spoons. Dip spoons in crushed peppermints; return to baking sheet. Let stand until set. Insert spoons into bags and secure with ties. Store at room temperature.
- *Paired with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® ULTIMATES™ Dark Chocolate Delight Cookie Dough
PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOONS RECIPE
Peppermint Candy Spoons are a simple and impressive edible gift you can make for this Christmas Holiday Season or enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate.
Provided by Gemma Stafford
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Preheat oven to 300oF (150oC). Unwrap candies and place in a food processor or pestle and mortar. Process until finely chopped almost to a powder.
- Spoon the chopped candies into the cavities of your mold, going above the fill line (candy will settle considerably once it starts to melt). Place mold on a baking sheet and put in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove mold, on the sheet,from oven and sprinkle some more candies into the molds wherever there are gaps or spaces. Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and gently remove spoons from molds. Spoons will last several months when covered and stored at room temperature.
PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOONS
These Peppermint Candy Spoons are the perfect DIY Christmas Gift! They are easy to make and are the perfect gift for Teachers, Friend, Co-workers and family!
Provided by Jennifer Fishkind
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a ziplock bag, crush the peppermints (I used a kitchen mallet).
- Use a teaspoon to fill the spoon mold with the crushed peppermint - be sure to put extra by the top of the spoon part and at the neck of the spoon (where the spoon and handle meet). These are areas that break easy.
- Place in oven and let melt completely. Mine took about 10 minutes, but every oven is different and you just have to watch it. Once it was pretty melts (about 8 minutes in or so) I took mine out and added some additional crushed peppermint wherever it looked thin. (the peppermint melts down a bunch, so you may have to fill it in) - then I let it cook for a few minutes longer.
- Take out of oven and let cool completely.
- Separate the sides from the candy carefully and remove. If one breaks, just add some more crushed peppermint and cook for a few minutes more.
- Optional - Melt the chocolate candy melts according to instructions on package. Did spoon end into the chocolate and immediately dip into sprinkles. Place on wax paper until dry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 15 mg, Sugar 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT SPOONS
- Grind up peppermints in a food processor, or by placing them in freezer bag and hitting them with a rolling pin.
- Spoon ground up peppermints into a silicone spoon mold. They'll shrink as they melt, so overfill the mold a bit.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-8 minutes, or until peppermints are fully melted.
- Add more peppermints to the mold as needed. Then, return the mold to the oven for another 5-8 minutes. Spoons will be smooth, when they're done.
- Allow to cool. Then, unmold, and snap off any extra pieces.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 spoon, Calories 100 calories, Sugar 16.7 g, Carbohydrate 25 g
CHOCOLATE AND PEPPERMINT COFFEE SPOONS
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is combined.
- Put the peppermint candies in a plastic bag and smash manually, or put in a food processor and pulse for a more even consistency.
- Dip a coffee spoon into the chocolate mixture and twirl so that the chocolate coats the spoon evenly. Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with the peppermint candies. Repeat with 3 additional spoons. Allow to set in a refrigerator for 10 minutes.
I have made these every year as one of many Christmas treats. My family really loves them, it wouldn't be Christmas without them! When you dip, tap the fork on the edge of the pan to shake off excess. Slide the patty onto waxed paper -- you can use the fork to make a little swirl on the top to make it pretty.
Provided by PATTY STOCKTON
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large mixing bowl, combine condensed milk and peppermint extract. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, to form a stiff dough that is no longer sticky. Form into 1 inch balls, then place on waxed paper and flatten with fingers to form patties. Let patties dry at room temperature two hours, turning once.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with shortening, stirring often. Remove from heat. Dip patties, one at a time, into chocolate by laying them on the tines of a fork and lowering the fork into the liquid. Let cool on waxed paper until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 2.8 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 12.6 mg, Sugar 31.1 g
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 300°F. Roll up a 10-inch-long sheet of foil to form a 1/2-inch-thick log.
- Place 2 candies in each of 4 spoons. Arrange spoons on baking sheet, propping up spoon handles slightly using foil log to make spoons level.
- Bake until candy softens, about 10 minutes, then transfer sheet to a rack. Wearing an oven mitt and working quickly, push down firmly on melted candy in each hot spoon using back of remaining spoon so that candy spreads to rim of each spoon. Cool completely, about 10 to 15 minutes.
HARD CANDY PEPPERMINT TWISTS
It's fun to tuck a few of these twists onto a platter of Christmas cookies. The holidays in out home wouldn't be the same without peppermint candies.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1/2 pound.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Coat two 9-in. square pans with cooking spray; set aside. (Do not use butter or foil to prepare pans.), In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine water and vinegar. Add sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil, about 8 minutes. (If sugar crystals are present, cover saucepan for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes to allow steam to wash crystals down.) Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), about 26 minutes., Combine peppermint extract and food coloring. Remove syrup from the heat; stir in peppermint mixture until well blended (mixture will bubble up slightly). Immediately and carefully pour into prepared pans (do not scrape saucepan or tilt pans to spread mixture evenly). Cool for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes., Using a sharp knife, score candy into 1/2-in.-to 3/4-in.-wide pieces, about 3-in. long. Place both pans in a warm oven(150° or your oven's lowest temperature) for about 5 minutes or until candy is warm enough to cut but cool enough to handle., Using a heavy-duty kitchen scissors, cut along scored lines, one piece at a time. Immediately wrap each piece around the handle of a wooden spoon; remove candy and place on waxed paper to harden. Continue cutting and wrapping until mixture in pan begins to harden. Return pan to oven for at least 5 minutes. , Meanwhile, remove second pan from oven. Cut and wrap as before until mixture begins to harden. Return to oven and repeat with the first pan. Repeat until all mixture is cut and formed into twists.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (48g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
These are easy to make and such a treat for cocoa, tea or even a cup of coffee or hot cider. A wonderful refreshing lift. I love these with tea making it a peppermint tea
Provided by Stormy Stewart @karlyn255
Categories Other Drinks
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Unwrap and crush your peppermint candies until they are broken up into small pieces. You can do this easily with a rolling pin.
- In a double boiler, over a low heat, melt the candy with the corn syrup. Once the candy is melted take it off the heat. Scoop up the new candy mix into the well of each spoon.
- You can use a cookie tray that has been lined and place the spoon handles on the edge of the tray making them higher than the well end of the spoon so that the mix won't spill out.
- Place the spoon in a fridge and allow to set. Once the candy spoons have set wrap them up in cellophane.
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SPOONS
- Dip spoons in melted chocolate; shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper lined tray.
- Sprinkle 1 side with crushed candy.
- Allow chocolate to set.
- Wrap in food safe cellophane; tie with ribbon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.2, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 1.5, Carbohydrate 8.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 7.6, Protein 0.6
More about "peppermint spoons recipes"
MAKE PEPPERMINT SPOONS: HOW TO VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
DIPPED PEPPERMINT SPOONS | VERY BEST BAKING
10 BEST PEPPERMINT RECIPES [COOKIES, CANDIES, CAKE AND …
12 THINGS TO DO WITH PEPPERMINT CANDY THIS HOLIDAY …
PEPPERMINT-CHOCOLATE SPOONS - VICTORIA MAGAZINE
DIY HOT CHOCOLATE GIFT WITH PEPPERMINT SPOONS
PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOONS - BIGOVEN.COM
DIPPED PEPPERMINT SPOONS – RECIPES NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOON - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
EDIBLE PEPPERMINT COOKIE SPOONS! | RECIPE | EDIBLE COOKIES, …
PEPPERMINT SPOONS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE SPOONS - THE SPRUCE EATS
PEPPERMINT CANDY CANE SPOONS, 6-COUNT | WILTON
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE SPOONS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT SPOONS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
COOL PEPPERMINT RECIPES - NEW WAYS TO USE PEPPERMINT
PEPPERMINT SPOONS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE SPOONS » THE DENVER HOUSEWIFE
DIY: SNOWMAN PEPPERMINT SPOONS
EDIBLE PEPPERMINT CANDY CANE SPOONS | INCREDIBLE THINGS
DIY HOT CHOCOLATE WITH PEPPERMINT SPOONS – VEGA (CA)
EASY PEPPERMINT S'MORES TO MAKE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON - SPOON …
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE SPOONS RECIPE
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE SPOONS | BAKERS ROYALE
CHOCOLATE SPOONS | MY BAKING ADDICTION
EASY CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SPOONS - DESPERATELY SEEKING GINA
EDIBLE PEPPERMINT COOKIE SPOONS! - PIZZAZZERIE
PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOONS - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL - YOUTUBE
PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE SPOONS • MIDGETMOMMA
PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOONS - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
PEPPERMINT SPOONS - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SPOONS RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
30 PEPPERMINT DESSERTS TO MAKE THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON - ALLRECIPES
PEPPERMINT SPOONS | EBAY
You'll also love