CELERY ROOT AND POTATO PUREE
- Place the potatoes in a pot large enough to accommodate the celery root and the potatoes. Add enough water to cover the vegetables by 2 inches and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the celery root and cook until both vegetables are fork tender. Strain the celery root and potatoes.
- Pour the cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, pass the celery root and potatoes through a food mill into a large bowl. Add one-quarter of the hot cream and 2 pats of the butter. Stir vigorously until the cream and butter are thoroughly combined. Repeat for the remaining cream and butter. Taste for seasoning, you will probably have to add salt. Serve in a warm serving bowl immediately or keep warm until ready to use.
CREAMY CELERY ROOT-POTATO MASH
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add celery root and potatoes and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain well and mash together. Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 19.4 g, Cholesterol 81.5 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.8 g, Sodium 149.9 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO MASH WITH HORSERADISH
- Place the celery root and potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water; add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to boil over medium heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the celery root and potatoes are very tender. Drain the water from the vegetables and pass them through a food mill or a ricer into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cream, butter, and horseradish until the cream is absorbed and the mixture is smooth. Season with kosher salt and pepper and garnish with chopped chives. Drizzle with a healthy dose of olive oil and serve.
CREAMY CELERY ROOT MASH
This is a delicious and quick way to prepare a root veggie that isn't often talked about. Celeriac has a slightly tangy taste that is reminiscent of celery, but much subtler and has a fabulous flavor. Delicious!
Provided by LizardLover2009
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place celeriac into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash celeriac, sour cream, and dill together in a large bowl with a potato masher until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Cholesterol 4.2 mg, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 156.6 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
MASHED CELERY ROOT AND POTATOES
- Trim and peel the celery root, cut into large chunks and place in a bowl of water as you proceed. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place vegetables in a steamer or in water, in separate pans, and cook until tender when tested with a skewer.
- Drain the vegetables if boiled. Press them through a food mill or sieve. Season with salt and pepper and stir in butter. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 149, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 540 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MASHED POTATOES AND CELERY ROOT
Celery root gives Yukon gold potatoes an even earthier taste. If you prefer a completely smooth texture,you may pass the potatoes and celery rootthrough a food mill or ricer after they havebeen cooked.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Peel celery root using a paring knife, following the shape of the root. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Place potatoes and celery root in a small stockpot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, return to pot; place over low heat to dry out.
- Combine cream, butter, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan, and place over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture comes to a simmer. Pour over potato mixture, and combine, using a potato masher, until fluffy and smooth.
CELERY ROOT-POTATO PURéE
- Put the celery root, potatoes and garlic cloves in a soup pot. Cover with cold water and salt generously, then boil over medium-high heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and press through a ricer or the large holes of a food mill, then return to the pot. (If you prefer a rough-textured purée, mash with an electric beater or a hand-held potato-masher.)
- Over medium-low heat, whisk in the milk or half-and-half until the thickness of the purée is to your liking. It shouldn't be too stiff. Whisk in the butter and incorporate. Taste for salt and adjust. Make sure the purée is heated through. May be made up to 2 hours in advance, held at room temperature, and reheated in a double boiler.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 239, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 508 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MASHED POTATOES WITH CELERY ROOT
I first had these potatoes at a restaurant and they "knocked my socks off." Celeriac (or celery root) is a ugly root, that when baked up becomes quite creamy. The flavor is similar to celery stalk with a sweet undercurrent. This version is from Andrew Schloss's, author of "Dinner's Ready" clipped from the Washington Post 1996.
Provided by Roxygirl in Colorado
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the potatoes and celery root in a large heavy saucepan.
- (I start the celery root first, since I find it takes longer to cook. It must be soft to mash up creamy).
- Cover with water and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat until water boils.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to boil until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, and mash the vegetables with a potato masher or a large fork.
- Mix in cream.
- Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.4, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 13.2, Sodium 135.1, Carbohydrate 50.8, Fiber 7, Sugar 3.6, Protein 6.8
CELERY ROOT-POTATO MASH WITH DILL
This is delicious .. I love the tang of celery root and mashed with potatoes it is a dish that will go well with a Turkey dinner. I served it with garlic prawns - nice combination. I did not have fresh dill so used 1 tsp dry diil weed. A red onion adds a bit of color. The vinegar in the water will keep the root white it has a tendency to darken. Recipe originally from Cooking Club of A merica with a tad of tweaking by me. You may make this a "Do Ahead" recipe by completing the recipe then place potato mixture in a casserole and reheat in a 350 oven for 25 minutes - loosely covered with foil.- do not close the foil around the casserole just let it sit over the potatoes. Make lots the leftovers make lovely patties dipped in crumbs and browned on a pan
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the potatoes, celery root onion & vinegar in a saucepan, cover wi th water, bring to a boil and simmer until the vegetable are cooked and tender. (apprx.25 minutes).
- Drain the veggies, stir in the brandy, mash the vegetables. Leave them slightly chunky.
- Stir in the sour cream & dill. Season with salt & Pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.3, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 6.3, Sodium 155.7, Carbohydrate 31.4, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 4.2, Protein 4.6
More about "potato and celery root mash recipes"
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.7/5 (217)Total Time 45 minsServings 8Calories 273 per serving
- Place the potatoes and celery root in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and return the vegetables to the pot.
- Add the half-and-half, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency. Sprinkle with the chives.
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.1/5 (53)Servings 6-8
- Place potatoes, celery root, and horseradish in a large pot. Add water to cover by 1”. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 25–30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return vegetables to pot; add sour cream, Dijon mustard, and butter. Using a potato masher, coarsely mash vegetables. Add reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if mash is too stiff. Season to taste with salt.
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO MASH RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (21)Author Jill Silverman HoughServings 8-10Total Time 55 mins
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO MASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CELERY ROOT & POTATO MASH | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
GARLIC-INFUSED MASHED POTATOES AND CELERY ROOT
CELERY ROOT POTATO MASH - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CELERY ROOT POTATO MASH - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO MASH RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 270 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
- Place celeriacs in a bowl. Cover with cold water; stir in lemon juice. Let stand while preparing remaining ingredients. Drain when ready to boil.
- Place potatoes and celeriacs in separate pots; cover with cold water. Add a large pinch of salt to each pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes for potatoes and 15 to 20 minutes for celeriacs.
- Drain celeriacs. Pulse in a food processor until smooth. Drain potatoes, return to pot and add celeriacs, milk and butter. Mash with a potato masher or put through a ricer. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
KETO CELERY ROOT RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY CELERY ROOT & PARSNIP MASH — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
CREAMY CELERY ROOT-POTATO MASH - MASHED POTATO RECIPES
VEGAN MASHED POTATOES WITH CELERY ROOT - MY PURE PLANTS
BEST CELERY ROOT AND POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CELERY …
POTATO AND CELERY MASH - RECIPES, COOKING TIPS, MENUS
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
POTATO, CELERY ROOT, AND PARSNIP MASH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
POTATO & CELERY-ROOT MASH RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
MASHED POTATOES AND CELERY ROOT | WILLIAMS SONOMA
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH - GRATEFUL
FRENCH CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | KITCHN
CREAMY CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - KUDOS KITCHEN BY RENEE
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO MASH - SOUTHERN RECIPES
POTATO-CELERY ROOT MASH WITH SAUTéED ONIONS AND SOFT BOILED …
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO PUREE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
POTATO CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
POTATO AND CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, ROOT MASH …
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO MASH - TASTYCOOKERY
CELERY ROOT AND APPLE PUREE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CELERIAC (CELERY ROOT) AND POTATO MASH - LAZYHOMECOOK
PARSNIPS AND SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook celery root and potatoes?Cook celery root in large pot of boiling salted water 5 minutes. Add potatoes to pot; cook until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return vegetables to pot; stir over medium-high heat until dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add butter. Using potato masher, mash vegetables until butter is incorporated.
How do you make mashed potatoes with celery?Combine the celery puree with the cooked potatoes in the stockpot and, over medium heat, mash with a hand masher, adding buttermilk to achieve desired consistency for the mashed potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes about 6 servings.
What does celery root and potato mash taste like?We love the combo of celery root & potato in this mash! Its earthy taste makes for a refreshing change from regular mashed potatoes. It has health benefits too. Celery root, a. k. a. celeriac, is .
How do you mash vegetables to make mashed potatoes?Return vegetables to pot; stir over medium-high heat until dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add butter. Using potato masher, mash vegetables until butter is incorporated. Add 1/2 cup milk; mash until almost smooth, adding more milk as needed. Stir in celery leaves. Season with salt and pepper.