PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY
This pasta dish makes for a warming, seasonal treat for World Pasta Day - or any day. Looks and tastes impressive, but it's quick and easy made with canned pumpkin purée. Make sure it's 100% pumpkin puree, not sweetened pumpkin pie filling. This is pumpkin in all its savory glory - with its deep, earthy notes and a natural hint of sweetness. Pairing pumpkin with the woodsy flavor of rosemary is an Italian classic. So is pairing it with pancetta and Parmesan. So we keep the rosemary, the smokiness and richness, but save the animals - they're our friends. A drop of syrupy, aged balsamic to finish seems crazy but really dials up the flavors - it's like pumpkin in HD.
Provided by Ellen Kanner
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over high heat - about a minute, or until the oil starts to shimmer. Stir in the diced onion and reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking for a minute or two, until the onions start to soften. Add the minced garlic and give a good stir.
- Cover pot, reduce heat to low and let the onion and garlic cook undisturbed for another 15 minutes. When you come back, the vegetables will have produced a great deal of liquid. This is good.
- Stir in the smoked paprika, finely chopped rosemary and finally, the pumpkin purée. Give everything a serious whisk for a minute or two, until the onion seems to melt into the pumpkin and the whole thing comes together, smelling sexy and smoky. The sauce will be thick, like fluffy mashed potatoes and a deep, burnished orange. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Stick around and give a stir. Don't wander off. Al dente means to the teeth, not to to the gums. Cooking time is brief.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1-1/2 cups of the starchy pasta cooking water. Swirl the pasta water into the sauce to make it silky and saucy. Stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta. Give everything a nice toss to combine and heat through. Top with a drop of aged balsamic. Buon appetito.
PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY MUFFINS
I wrote this in November, when pumpkins had been whisked away for Halloween, so I had to substitute a butternut squash. To cook a small amount of pumpkin, dice into cubes and place in a pan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and pop on a lid, slightly askew. Boil/steam for 5 to10 minutes and top up with water if needed. Drain and use. These muffins don't rise loads but they have a flavorsome, moist crumb.
Provided by Lorraine Pascale
Yield 12 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut out 12 squares of parchment paper measuring about 5 1/2 x 5 1/2in (14 x 14cm). Oil the muffin pan and push the squares down into each hole so the paper sticks up just like the muffins you can buy in the coffee shop. The squares have a habit of popping up out of the holes, which is okay for now because once the muffin mix is spooned inside the squares will stay down. Alternatively, use ready-made paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, and baking soda, then stir in the salt and rosemary. If there is any whole wheat left in the sifter from the whole wheat flour, keep this for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, put the rest of the ingredients, apart from a third of the pumpkin, and stir well so all the liquid is well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and, using a large spoon and no more than 8 turns, mix all the ingredients together. It does not take much to over-mix muffins at this stage and although the end result will still taste sublime the texture will not be as tender. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes, then spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Sprinkle the whole wheat, reserved pumpkin, and the pumpkin seeds over the muffins. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins are well risen and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Good for breakfast, good for lunch, and good for just about any time of the day for a snack. For canapes these can be made in mini muffin cases as mouthful morsels of scrumbunctiousness.
CREAMY PUMPKIN & ROSEMARY PASTA
- 1. Place olive oil, butter, garlic, rosemary in a large pan and allow butter to melt. Then add onion and cook until softened and golden brown.\n 2. Next add pumpkin and combine. Cook for a further 4 mins.\n 3. Pour stock over pumpkin and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 mins or until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove whole garlic cloves. \n 4. In another pot filled with salted boiling water, cook pasta as per packet directions.\n 5. Remove and drain pasta, then mix into pumpkin sauce. Turn down the heat to low and add pecorino and mascarpone. Mix and add salt and pepper to taste.\n 6. Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
PENNE WITH CREAMY PUMPKIN SAUCE
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and set aside.
- In pasta pot, heat oil over medium. Add rosemary and fry, stirring, until starting to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer rosemaryto a paper towel, leaving oil in pot.
- Carefully (oil is hot and will spatter) add pumpkin puree, garlic, half-and-half, Parmesan, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, and 1 cup reserved pasta water to pot. Stir sauce until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce, and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick, add some reserved pasta water. Season generously with salt. Serve pasta sprinkled with fried rosemary and, if desired, more red-pepper flakes.
PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY PASTA
- First make the sauce. Melt the butter in a wide saucepan, Add the garlic and stir for about 30sec or so, then add the pumpkin, rosemary, lemon zestand nutmeg. Season.
- Cover and Sweat over a gentle heat for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin is very soft. Squash a little down into the butter but leave about two-thirds as it is. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta.
- Tip the drained pasta into the pumpkin pan and gentle mix. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.2, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 11.3, Cholesterol 45.7, Sodium 8.7, Carbohydrate 82.3, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 3.3, Protein 14.4
PUMPKIN PASTA WITH WINTER HERBS AND PARMESAN CHEESE
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt. The pasta water should taste like sea water. Add the pasta to the pot and stir so it doesn't stick to the bottom as it cooks. Cook the pasta according to package instructions, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve some of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta in a colander and hold it there until the sauce is finished.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the sage sprigs and cook until crispy but not browned, about 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Fry the rosemary sprigs in the same hot oil until crispy but not browned, about 1 minute. Transfer to the same plate. Sprinkle the fried herbs with salt. Remove the leaves from the stems (discard the stems). Discard the oil or save for another use.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and melt and cook 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter until it starts to turn light brown. Add the ginger and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin, sugar and some of the reserved pasta water. Stir in about 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and warm gently, tossing to coat the pasta with the sauce. Stir in some of the fried sage and rosemary. Top with the remaining Parmesan and fried herbs.
CREAMY PUMPKIN SPAGHETTI WITH CHICKEN
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain spaghetti., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pumpkin, broth, cream, cheese, parsley, rosemary, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat through., Add spaghetti and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with additional parsley and rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 339mg sodium, Carbohydrate 66g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
CLASSY PUMPKIN PASTA
This one's so quick and easy, and its understated class makes it a fantastic entree at a dinner party. It's done the rounds between all my friends, and we love it as a quick and gorgeous dinner! This pasta tastes divine, it's quick, simple, looks beautiful, and if that's not enough, it's also incredibly budget-and waistline-friendly! Goes well visually and palatably with a fresh green salad.
Provided by Cherryskin
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and cook pumpkin for about 10 minutes or until it begins to break apart.
- Add tomato paste, sour cream and chili powder to taste; mix well. The mixture should be mushy and an even golden-orange color.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the pumpkin mixture over the pasta; mix well to coat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.4 calories, Carbohydrate 61.2 g, Cholesterol 5.9 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 97.7 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY PASTA
- For the sauce:.
- Melt the butter in a wide saucepan. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin, rosemary, lemon zest and nutmeg (salt and pepper may be added if desired).
- Cover and sweat over a gentle heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin is very soft. Give it a very light press down.
- While pumpkin is cooking, cook the fusilli until al dente. Drain and tip into the sauce.
- Stir it mix and serve. Delicious topped with pecorino or parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.7, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 11.3, Cholesterol 45.7, Sodium 8.7, Carbohydrate 82.5, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 3.4, Protein 14.4
TOMATO AND ROSEMARY PASTA
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in mushrooms, green bell pepper, and tomatoes. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir in tomato paste and beef broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix the flour into the sauce to thicken. Serve sauce over the cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.4 calories, Carbohydrate 58 g, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1046.4 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
More about "pumpkin and rosemary pasta recipes"
HIGHLY ADDICTIVE ROSEMARY PUMPKIN SEEDS - GARDEN …
PUMPKIN PASTA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA SAUCE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
PUMPKIN & ROSEMARY PASTA RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
PUMPKIN RIGATONI WITH ROSEMARY WALNUT CRISPIES RECIPE
BAKED PUMPKIN WITH ROSEMARY AND ORANGE RECIPE
VEGAN PUMPKIN ALFREDO PASTA WITH ROSEMARY
CREAMY PUMPKIN & ROSEMARY PASTA — EVERYDAY GOURMET
ROASTED PUMPKIN, ROSEMARY AND GOATS CHEESE PASTA BAKE
CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA WITH ROSEMARY BREADCRUMBS - DANIELA'S DISH
ONE-POT CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA - KITCHN
CREAMY BACON AND PUMPKIN PASTA - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
PUMPKIN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - COOKIE AND KATE
PUMPKIN PASTA WITH ROSEMARY AND CHILLI — HELP YOURSELF
BAKED PASTA WITH ROSEMARY PUMPKIN & MOZZARELLA | RNZ RECIPES
LAMB, ROSEMARY & PUMPKIN PASTA - JUSTCOOK | FRESH MADE EASY
ONE POT PUMPKIN PASTA (10 INGREDIENTS!) - FROM MY BOWL
LEMON GARLIC ROSEMARY PASTA | THE BLOND COOK
PUMPKIN, ROSEMARY & WALNUT PASTA - REGISTERED DIETITIANS SERVICES
CREAMY PUMPKIN & ROSEMARY PASTA | EVERYDAY GOURMET S11 EP13
PUMPKIN PASTA WITH ROSEMARY - RECIPE ARCHIVE
PASTA WITH PANCETTA, ROAST PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY RECIPE FROM …
CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA WITH ROSEMARY & WALNUTS
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY (FUSILLI AL ZUCOTTO CON ROSMARINO ...
WHB # 59: PUMPKIN & ROSEMARY PASTA - KUECHENLATEIN.COM
CREAMY PUMPKIN AND SPINACH PASTA - DISH IT GIRL RECIPE BOX
FUSILLI WITH PUMPKIN CREAM AND TRUFFLE | BARILLA
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND ROSEMARY RECIPE | OREEGANO
PUMPKIN ROSEMARY BISCUITS - HOUSE & HOME
ROAST PUMPKIN, ROSEMARY, BURNT BUTTER FETTUCCINE
PUMPKIN CHEESE & ROSEMARY SCONES RECIPE | RACHEL ALLEN
CHEESY BAKED PUMPKIN PASTA - SKINNYTASTE
CARAMELISED ONION AND ROSEMARY PUMPKIN PASTA - JUSTCOOK
HALLOWEEN RECIPE: PUMPKIN PASTA WITH ROSEMARY - GINGER PARROT
PUMPKIN ROSEMARY DINNER ROLLS - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
BEST HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN PASTA RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pasta #vegetables #vegetarian #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains #squash
You'll also love