CREAMY ASPARAGUS POTATO SOUP
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, salt, and nutmeg in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add asparagus and return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cream cheese until melted, making sure soup does not boil any more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.2 calories, Carbohydrate 24.7 g, Cholesterol 101.3 mg, Fat 27.9 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 774.4 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
EASY POTATO ASPARAGUS SOUP
A yummy quick cooking soup. You can sub broccoli for the asparagus, if you prefer. The recipe is from "Better Homes and Garden's Christmas Comfort and Joy".
Provided by Lorac
Yield 5 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot, add onion and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add flour and stir to coat onions.
- Add asparagus, milk, broth, potatoes, salt and pepper, increase heat to medium high and cook until thick and bubbling, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring ocassionaly, 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cheese, tomato and sour cream and simmer until cheese is melted.
QUICK CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
After trying several different recipes for asparagus soup, I put together the best ingredients from each for my favorite version. This soup is great year-round and adds an elegant touch to special-occasion meals. -Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, saute leeks and onions in oil and butter until tender. Add the asparagus and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup of asparagus pieces., In a blender, process the remaining asparagus mixture in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Garnish with reserved asparagus pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 877mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CREAM OF FRESH ASPARAGUS SOUP II
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until asparagus is tender, about 12 minutes. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining chicken broth, and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup. Add the sour cream mixture and the lemon juice to the soup. Stir while heating the soup to serving temperature, but don't allow it to boil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1100.8 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
CREAMY POTATOES AND ASPARAGUS
Enjoy these new potatoes and asparagus cuts creamed in white sauce and chicken broth for an easy 20 minute side dish.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together white sauce mix and milk.
- Pour sauce over potatoes. Add asparagus; stir gently to mix. Cover; simmer over low heat 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 740 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat. Stir in asparagus. In food processor or blender, process asparagus mixture until smooth. If necessary, asparagus mixture can be processed in batches. Return to saucepan.
- Stir in half-and-half. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and thoroughly heated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 680 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
- In a large (4-quart) saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and thyme; cook until shallots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add flour; cook until incorporated, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and 6 cups water; season generously with salt. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover, and simmer, until asparagus is bright green and just tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Working in small batches, purÃ©e soup in a blender until very smooth. To prevent splattering, fill blender only halfway, and allow heat to escape: Remove cap from hole in lid, and cover lid with a dish towel. (To freeze, see note.) If serving right away, stir in cream and lemon juice.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath with a slotted spoon; reserve for topping. Add trimmings, 1/2 shallot and 1/2 clove garlic to the same pot and return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer the asparagus stock 20 to 25 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add sliced shallot and chopped garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in potato and enough of the asparagus stock to cover the vegetables (about 1 cup), and simmer until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain remaining asparagus stock directly into saucepan with the potatoes. Add remaining asparagus and cook until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree in a blender until completely smooth; remove 1 cup and reserve. Slowly stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper; thin with reserved liquid as needed. Serve hot or chilled, topped with asparagus tips and a drizzle of oil.
ASPARAGUS POTATO SOUP
"This creamy and comforting soup is a terrific way to warm up on a cold or rainy day," writes Sherry McKellar of Springville, Utah. Hearty bowls featuring tender potatoes and asparagus get a special touch when topped with bacon and cheddar cheese.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the butter., In a bowl, combine flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
Nutrition Facts :
- Heat the oil in heavy bottomed soup pot. Add the onions, carrots, and celery and saute until the onions are translucent. Add the ground cumin and coriander seed and stir with vegetables for about 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to boil. Turn down to simmer, and add the diced potatoes and thyme. When potatoes are soft, add the asparagus and frozen spinach and simmer for about 10 minutes until asparagus is fully cooked but still green. Puree soup in a blender or food processor and return to the soup pot. Add cream and lemon rind, bring to a boil, and then turn down to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and serve with toasted croutons, if desired
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
In the Winter I love a good soup and this is certainly one. You can even use broccoli instead if you don't like asparagus. If I make it with broccoli my finicky son will eat it so you know it must be good.
Provided by Dana Ramsey @DRamsey
Categories Other Soups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven or a soup kettle, saute the potato, onion, carrot and celery in butter until veggies are tender. Sitr in the flour, salt and pepper until blended, gradually add broth, bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus; reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool to lukewarm, sir in cream and sour cream until smooth. Bring to a boil. Garnish with bacon crumbs.
CHEESY ASPARAGUS AND POTATO SOUP
A wonderful warm and cozy soup for crisp fall nights and cold winter days... My daughter often requests this soup...I had lost the recipe until a member here asked me about it, since I had commented on it, in a group. So I started a mission to find it and I did!!! My daughter will be so happy to have it back! I do often add chopped mushrooms to this when I add the onion. This is best the next day! Make it when you have time, toss into refrigerator and heat to serve. Enjoy!!! :o)
Provided by Wendy Rusch @AmmaWendy
Categories Cream Soups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan cook onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add butter, when melted add garlic, salt and pepper, sprinkle flour over onion and stir to coat. Cooking a minute or two. Then whisk in broth and milk, add asparagus and potatoes. Cook and stir until bubbly, reduce heat, simmer covered 10-12 minutes or just until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and cream, stir until melted and well blended.
- Makes 4-6 servings
- *top with crumbled bacon if desired *Broccoli may be substituted for asparagus *adding chopped mushrooms when you add the onions is great!
QUICK AND EASY CREAMY ASPARAGUS POTATO SOUP
This soup is prepared and cooked in about 15 minutes. Great for a quick lunch or light supper. Taken from the "Great Tasting Money Saving" cookbook.
Provided by jonesies
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place asparagus, potatoes, thyme and garlic powder in food processor or blender (in batches if needed); process until smooth.
- Pour into medium saucepan, add broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in milk; heat through. (do not boil).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Thin with additional milk or water, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.9, Fat 1.1, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 3, Sodium 453.9, Carbohydrate 25.7, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 5.5, Protein 7.2
More about "quick and easy creamy asparagus potato soup recipes"
CREAMY ASPARAGUS-POTATO SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Healthy Creamy Soup RecipesCalories 190 per serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth, asparagus, potato, horseradish and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender or in a regular blender. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.)
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add bread cubes and cook, stirring, until browned and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
CREAMLESS CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - AHEAD OF THYME
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
CREAMY POTATO AND ASPARAGUS SOUP - BETTER HOMES
CREAMY ASPARAGUS POTATO SOUP - AWORTHEYREAD.COM
SIMPLE CROCKPOT CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE
ASPARAGUS SOUP | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
HOW TO MAKE EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | KITCHN
SUNNY ANDERSON SHARES HOW TO MAKE CREAMY …
CHILLED ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ASPARAGUS SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER …
THE ULTIMATE CREAMY POTATO SOUP - SUGAR SPUN RUN
ASPARAGUS CASSEROLE WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP …
LIGHT CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP - RECIPE RUNNER
ASPARAGUS, POTATO, AND BUTTER BEAN SOUP - FORKS OVER KNIVES
HEALTHY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ASPARAGUS-POTATO SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
ASPARAGUS - POTATO SOUP
10 BEST CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP IN CROCK POT RECIPES - YUMMLY
QUICK AND EASY POTATO SOUP – OH SHE GLOWS
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - CULINARY HILL
EASY CHEESY POTATO BACON SOUP - BAKING MISCHIEF
CREAMY ASPARAGUS PEA SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOUP - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
QUICK AND EASY STOVETOP ASPARAGUS | COOKTORIA
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH LOBSTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ASPARAGUS AND TARRAGON VELOUTé (DAIRY-FREE CREAMY ASPARAGUS …
QUICK CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
QUICK SOUP RECIPES READY IN 30 MINUTES (OR LESS!) - BETTER HOMES …
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
EASY VEGETARIAN ASPARAGUS RECIPES - LOVE AND LEMONS
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #asparagus
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes and asparagus for Soup?Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add asparagus and return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and cream cheese until melted, making sure soup does not boil any more.
How to cook potatoes and asparagus in a crock pot?Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, salt, and nutmeg in a large pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add asparagus and return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
What are some good recipes to make with asparagus?Directions 1 In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with... 2 Using an immersion or regular blender, puree soup. If using a regular blender, be sure to stop and remove lid a few... 3 Garnish with more cream and herbs. More ...
How to cook potatoes for Soup?Add potatoes, and enough water to cover. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir together soup and milk until smooth; add to potato mixture. Heat, but do not boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in dill weed. Crumble bacon; stir in just before serving soup, or sprinkle on top to garnish.