CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA
Try swapping traditional seafood paella for a chicken and chorizo version - a hearty family supper for four
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat. Brown the chicken all over - don't cook completely. Once browned, transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the onions and cook slowly until softened, about 10 mins. Add the garlic, stir for 1 min, then toss in the chorizo and fry until it releases its oils.
- Stir in the spices, then tip in the rice. Stir to coat the rice in the oils and spices for about 2 mins, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, return the chicken to the pan and simmer for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas to the pan and simmer for a further 5 mins until the rice is cooked and the chicken is tender. Season well and serve with the lemon and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 62 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
An impressive but easy Spanish-inspired supper that's just right for a dinner party. This one-pan main dish is flavored with Spanish smoked paprika, saffron, and dried chorizo.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Warm stock, saffron, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Season chicken with 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the pimenton. Heat oil in a 14-inch paella pan or a high-sided ovenproof skillet over high heat. Brown chicken for 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Pour out all but 1 teaspoon oil. Cook chorizo over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, then add broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add peas, then chicken. Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA
I've made a few paellas in my time. The biggest one was for about 800 people in a village in Spain and it was hard work, but an incredible experience. The Spanish can be quite protective about what is and what isn't a paella, but at the same time, the spirit of their cooking has always been flexible to whatever meat, fish, seafood or game can be found. I've eaten and enjoyed many paellas, and I hope you like my humble, great-value expression of one.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Season to perfection, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494 calories, Fat 12 g fat, SaturatedFat 3.3 g saturated fat, Protein 26.5 g protein, Carbohydrate 75.7 g carbohydrate, Sugar 8.5 g sugar, Sodium 1.6 g salt, Fiber 5.7 g fibre
Provided by Jose Garces
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 29
- Make the stock: Combine the chicken wings, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and juniper berries in a large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium low to medium heat; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes. Add the saffron and simmer 15 more minutes. Strain the stock: Pour the stock through a fine strainer; discard the solids. (If not using immediately, let cool, then cover and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.)
- Poach the chicken: Bring 8 cups water, the quartered onion, bay leaf and celery to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and gently poach until just tender, about 12 minutes.
- Shred the meat: Remove the chicken from the pot using tongs and reserve the poaching liquid. Let the chicken cool slightly, then discard the skin and shred the meat. Make the sauce: the tomato paste, ketchup and paprika in a blender. Strain 2 cups of the reserved poaching liquid; add the liquid to the blender and puree until smooth.
- Finish the chicken: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onion, bell peppers and garlic and cook until translucent, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the pureed sauce and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and stir to coat with the sauce. Season with salt and keep warm.
- Make the paella: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a paella pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until the fat renders, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and stir to lightly coat with the oil. Stir in the peas, piquillo peppers, olives, 2 cups chicken mixture and 2 1/4 cups saffron chicken stock. Season with salt. Bake and serve: Cover the paella pan or skillet tightly with foil and bake until the liquid is completely absorbed, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest, covered, 5 minutes. Serve in the pan. Photograph by Andrew Sabin
QUICK PAELLA WITH CHORIZO, SHRIMP AND CHICKEN
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until it releases its fat. 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chicken, onions and garlic and brown the chicken on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste, followed by the saffron and then the wine, stirring. Add the chicken stock, cover and cook--no stirring--for 20 to 25 minutes. By then the rice should be almost done.
- Add the shrimp, mussels and peas and continue to cook until the rice is fluffy and the mussels have opened. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with the scallions and serve.
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large casserole or paella pan over high heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice (medium or short grain rice), pimenton, saffron, and bay leaves. Stir to combine and coat the rice, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add roast chicken, frozen peas, and tomato; stir to combine.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook uncovered until rice is tender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA ON THE GRILL
- Place chicken on a plate and season with 1/2 teaspoon paprika, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat. Place a large paella pan on the grate. Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pan. Add chicken; sear until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the pan. Add tomatoes, onion, chorizo, and garlic. Cook until tomato juices are mostly reduced, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in remaining paprika, turmeric, saffron, and oregano. Add rice and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in 4 cups chicken stock; increase heat to high. Stir once and close the grill lid. Cook until the rice on the bottom becomes crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan and turn rice over 4 or 5 times until a crust forms at the bottom. Add bell pepper, string beans, and the chicken thighs. Pour in remaining chicken stock. Stir and flip rice until stock is absorbed and rice is tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Garnish with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 739.4 calories, Carbohydrate 67.5 g, Cholesterol 78.5 mg, Fat 39 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 30.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 1068.9 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
This full-flavoured chicken and chorizo paella recipe allows you to make one dish and freeze a second. You'll have a delicious dinner tucked away for a rainy day, with minimal extra effort. Makes 2 meals, each serving 4. To freeze and reheat: Freeze half the paella in 2 freezer-proof boxes for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours or until completely thawed. Microwave in portions on high at 900W for 3-4 minutes, until piping hot.
Provided by English_Rose
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 4 portion servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat 2 large, deep frying pans over a medium heat. When hot, divide the chorizo between the pans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until turning golden and the oil has been released. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Divide the chicken between the pans and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to each pan, then divide the onions between them. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, until softened. Divide the garlic and paprika between each pan and cook for 1 minute. Divide the rice between them, stir to coat in the oil. Add half the hot stock to each. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pans and divide the peppers, beans and tomatoes between the pans. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little more stock or hot water if necessary.
- Season and stir the chorizo and parsley into each pan. Divide 1 pan of the paella between 2 freezer-proof boxes, cool, label and freeze (see freezing tip).
- Continue to cook the other paella for 5 minutes or until the rice is just tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3315, Fat 143.8, SaturatedFat 43.9, Cholesterol 477.4, Sodium 3619.2, Carbohydrate 339.6, Fiber 16.6, Sugar 32.2, Protein 155.9
PAELLA WITH CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND SHRIMP
- In a mortar or food processor, grind parsley, almonds and garlic to a paste. Set aside. Place stock in saucepan, add saffron, bring to simmer and remove from heat.
- Heat oil in 17-inch paella pan, on two burners if necessary, or in two 13-inch pans. Add chorizo and saute until heated through. Remove from pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper, place in pan and saute until nicely browned, leaving legs and thighs in pan a little longer than breast pieces. Remove chicken. Lower heat. Saute onion and leek until soft but not brown.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add red and yellow peppers to paella pan. When soft, add tomatoes and wine. When most of the liquid has evaporated, add paprika and rice and stir to coat. Add stock mixture and stir. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Fold in parsley mixture, beans and chorizo. Add chicken and simmer another 5 minutes. Arrange shrimp on top. Place in oven about 15 minutes, until chicken and rice are cooked.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside 10 minutes. Garnish with olives and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 613, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 42 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 1254 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large oven-proof casserole or paella pan over high heat.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo, break into chunks and add to the pan. Cook until done. (Do not drain the oil).
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, paprika, saffron and bay leaves. Stir to combine and coat the rice.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and tomato, stir to combine.
- Transfer the pan to the oven.
- Cook uncovered until the rice is tender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 766.2, Fat 34, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 133.9, Sodium 1119.4, Carbohydrate 62, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 4.4, Protein 48.5
BROWN RICE, CHICKEN, AND CHORIZO PAELLA
My husband is a Spaniard, so I started looking into paella. It took me 4 times to get this right. It has become his favorite dish and expects me to make this every week. I have tweaked this recipe to our taste, so the red pepper, capers, and black olives are simply a preference for us. The vinegar is a Spanish thing, so I always add it. You can leave a little broth in the paella, or cook until the broth is fully absorbed. It is simply a preference.
Provided by Mariposa
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Measure salt, paprika, red pepper, turmeric, and saffron into a small bowl and set spice mixture aside.
- Heat olive oil in paella pan or large pot over medium heat. Add chicken and chorizo and cook until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer meat to a platter. Add onion, bell pepper, parsley, and garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add rice, tomato, and roasted red peppers. Cook until rice begins to brown, about 5 minutes more. Add spice mixture and broth. Return chicken and chorizo to the pot, burying them in the paella.
- Increase heat to high and bring the pot to a boil, stirring every 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 50 to 55 minutes more. Add thawed peas and carrots, black olives, capers, and apple cider vinegar and stir. Cook until everything is heated through, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 465.1 calories, Carbohydrate 43.3 g, Cholesterol 63.2 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 1630.5 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
More about "quick chicken and chorizo paella recipes"
EASY CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - WHERE IS MY …
EASY ONE POT CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - EASY PEASY …
QUICK CHICKEN PAELLA WITH SPICY CHORIZO RECIPE
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - PAULA DEEN
CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA (PRESSURE KING PRO 5L) | DREW …
EASY CHICKEN CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CHICKEN-CHORIZO PAELLA - SAVOR THE BEST
EASY SEAFOOD CHICKEN PAELLA WITH CHORIZO – SKINNY SPATULA
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - BELQUI'S TWIST
RECIPE OF QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - SHARENEWSARCHIVE.COM
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - GIRL WITH THE IRON CAST
HEALTHY PAELLA RECIPE | CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - CASUAL FOODIST
WEEKNIGHT SKILLET CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - PINCH ME, I'M EATING
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
QUICK CHICKEN & SPANISH CHORIZO WEEKNIGHT PAELLA - SNIXY KITCHEN
SPANISH STYLE CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - DELISH D'LITES
PAELLA WITH CHORIZO | SPANISH PAELLA - PAELLA RECIPES
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - SOUTHERN KISSED
ONE POT CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA | QUICK AND EASY RECIPE | EATTO.IE
VEGAN CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - THIS WIFE COOKS™
EASY CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA | LODGE CAST IRON
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - JUST BEEN BAKED
SKILLET CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA | FOOD & WINE
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA – BEAT THE BUDGET
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
QUICK CUBAN-STYLE PAELLA | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO RICE PAELLA STYLE - HOME COOKING ADVENTURE
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN, PRAWN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - A TASTY KITCHEN
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - THIS COLLEGE LIFE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #rice #spanish #european #dietary #one-dish-meal #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love