- Fill a large pot or casserole with water and bring it to the boil over moderately high heat. Add salt and the farfalle and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet set over moderately high heat, warm the oil until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the peppers, garlic, oregano, lemon pepper, bay leaf, dried red pepper flakes and salt, and cook the mixture, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes more. Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups hot water from pasta pot and the bouillon cube to the onion pepper mixture and simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until sauce is flavorful. Discard the bay leaf.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss to combine. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and crusty Italian bread.
GRANDMOTHER'S RADISH LEAF SOUP
- Cut leaves from radishes and wash well. (Reserve radishes for another use.) Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add radish leaves and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add potatoes and 3 cups water. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in blender. Return to saucepan. Mix in milk. Stir over medium heat until hot. Season soup with salt and pepper.
SAUTéED RADISH GREENS
It seems like such a waste to throw away or compost beautiful greens. Radish greens have a slightly peppery taste similar to arugula. They are best fresh from the farmers' market.
Provided by Vanessa C
Categories Radish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts. Add garlic and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add radish slices and sauté to bring out their sweetness, 1 to 2 minutes. Add greens and sauté until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Cholesterol 24.3 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 264.7 mg
RADISH LEAF FARFALLE
At dinner time, I'm often confronted with the challenge of needing to make dinner from odds and ends in the fridge and pantry. I keep my pantry well stocked to increase my odds of making something edible. The following recipe is an example of a week night dinner I made recently and could be interpreted a zillion different ways based on what you have available. Enjoy!
Provided by jo_mama
Yield 6 , 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil. Cook the farfalle to al dente according to package instructions.
- While the water is coming to a boil and the farfalle is cooking, prep the rest of your ingredients (dice the garlic, slice the onion, julienne the radish leaves, zest the lemon, juice the lemon, grate the cheese) and keep separate.
- Drain the can of beans into a medium or large colander. When the pasta is cooked through, pour the hot pasta water and the pasta into the colander. (Rinsing the beans, warming them through, and draining the pasta in one shot).
- In the now empty, hot pasta cooking pot, add the olive oil and the anchovies. Cook on medium, breaking up the anchovies until they dissolve and become integrated in the oil. Add the garlic, chili pepper, and rosemary and saute until the garlic begins to be a little golden (but not burned!) and is fragrant. Turn off the stove burner.
- Add the pasta and beans, radish leaves, onion, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix well to combine. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust as necessary.
- Serve with grated cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502.2, Fat 11.7, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 15.4, Sodium 483.6, Carbohydrate 77.8, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 2.5, Protein 22.5
More about "radish leaf farfalle recipes"
RECIPES FARFALLE (BOW TIE PASTA) WITH RADISHES
5/5 (23)Category Main Courses/EntréesServings 4Calories 390 per serving
HOW TO COOK RADISH GREENS - THE CURIOUS COCONUT
CAN YOU EAT RADISH GREENS? (AND HOW TO EAT THEM)
10 BEST RADISH RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
20 FANTASTIC FARFALLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
BEST RADISH RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
5 RECIPES FOR RADISH LEAVES - TREEHUGGER
Occupation WriterPublished 2014-06-09Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Radish Top Soup – This is the recipe I used for that first foray into eating radish tops. Mixed with potatoes and topped with sliced radishes, this creamy, pureed soup will turn you into a radish green lover.
- Radish Leaf Pesto – The greens from radishes replace the basil and parsley in this pasta topper that can also be used as a dip.
- Spicy Stir-Fried Radish Greens – Garlic and a sauce are added to the greens and stir fried for one of the fastest side dishes you can make.
- Radish Leaves and Avocado Quiche – This is one green quiche. The recipe calls for making mini quiches and topping them with sliced radishes. Very colorful.
HOW TO EAT RADISH GREENS - THE SOPHISTICATED CAVEMAN
5/5 (2)Category Side DishServings 2Total Time 10 mins
RADISH LEAF / RADISH TOP PESTO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
DAIKON RADISH LEAF FURIKAKE | OISHII RECIPE
RADISH LEAF SOUP | RECIPE | SOUP RECIPES, RECIPES, COOKING
HOW TO EAT RADISH LEAVES WITH TOP CHEF FERGUS HENDERSON - LEAF …
RADISH GREENS PESTO RECIPE (NUT-FREE) — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
LEEKS, WHITE BEANS, & RADISH FARFALLE WITH PESTO - SHARE THE PASTA
RADISH LEAVES RECIPE
RADISH LEAF SOUP RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
RADISH LEAVES WITH DRY PRAWN FISH RECIPE|মুলা শাক দিয়ে …
RADISH LEAF-RECIPES | EAT SMARTER USA
RADISH LEAVES: HOW TO EAT AND COOK WITH THEM - ZESTFUL KITCHEN
20 OF THE BEST FARFALLE RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
23 CLASSIC FARFALLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
16 RADISH LEAVES RECIPES | MOOLI KE PATTE INDIAN RECIPES
RECIPES FARFALLE (BOW TIE PASTA) WITH RADISHES [AS FIRST COURSE ...
RADISH LEAF RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
15 DELICIOUS RAW RADISH RECIPES - ADDICTED TO VEGGIES
RADISH LEAF SOUP - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
RADISH AND BUTTER (SIMPLE FRENCH SNACK) - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
FARFALLE WITH RADICCHIO AND WALNUTS | RICARDO
HOW TO USE RADISH GREENS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CAN YOU EAT RADISH GREENS? | ALLRECIPES
INTERESTING RECIPES OF RADISH LEAVES - FARMIZEN
FRIED RADISH LEAVES
RADISH GREENS PESTO - SAVE THOSE RADISH TOPS TO MAKE THIS!
FARFALLE (BOW TIE PASTA)WITH PISTACHIO PESTO AND RADISH GREENS AND ...
10 BEST SHRIMP FARFALLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RADISH LEAF RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RADISH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO SAUTé RADISH GREENS - FORK IN THE ROAD
RADISH LEAF RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RADISHES WITH RADISH LEAF BUTTER - FINE FOODS BLOG
VEGAN RADISH LEAF PESTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COOKING WITH HORSERADISH LEAVES OR GREENS - FORAGER CHEF
RADISH LEAF SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beans #pasta #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love