RAJAS POBLANAS (POBLANO STRIPS)
A savory Mexican dish that can easily be turned into vegetarian by replacing the chicken bouillon for vegetable bullion . The cream tones down the heat of the poblano peppers. You won't have enough! Serve with warm corn tortillas.
Provided by gem
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Blend the crema, cream cheese, and chicken bouillon in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Place the peppers on a large griddle over medium-high heat. Roast until the skin blisters and turns black. Remove peppers from griddle and place in a plastic bag, allowing them to sweat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Peel and discard the outer skin of the peppers; halve length-wise and remove the seeds and veins. Slice into thick strips. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the corn into the onions, reduce the heat to medium, and cook another 5 minutes. Add the poblano strips to the saucepan. Pour the cream mixture over the vegetables and bring to a simmer; cook at a simmer until hot, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 102.5 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 20.2 g, Sodium 595.3 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
CREAMY POBLANO PEPPER STRIPS (RAJAS)
- Char the poblano chiles directly over the gas flame on the stove or under the broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in a plastic bag and let steam for about 10 minutes.
- Add the oil to a heavy large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the corn and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Peel and seed the chiles. Cut the chiles into 1/4 to 1/2-inch strips (rajas) and add the strips to the onion and corn mixture and saute until the corn is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and Mexican crema and cook until bubbling, about for 8 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Season the rajas with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.
RAJAS POBLANAS (ROASTED POBLANO STRIPS IN CREAM SAUCE) - RECIPE
Rajas Poblanas (Roasted Poblano Strips in Cream Sauce), is a traditional Mexican recipe made by roasting poblano peppers, slicing them into "rajas", or strips, then simmering them with a creamy cheese sauce. They are hugely flavorful and sure to be your new favorite. Here is how I make them.
Provided by Mike Hultquist
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Roast the poblano peppers over your stove top flame until, rotating often, until the skins char and blister up, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake them in the oven until the skins blacken and blister, about 15 minutes. See the information above on how to roast poblano peppers. Cool and set the peppers into a plastic bag to steam. This will help loosen the skins. Most times I can just peel the skin right off without steaming.
- Peel the charred skin from the roasted poblano peppers and slice them into strips about ¾ inch thick.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes, until the onion strips are translucent and soften up.
- Add the poblano pepper strips and cook another minute, stirring.
- Swirl in the crema and stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the melty cheese a bit at a time, constantly stirring, until it melts through.
- Add the seasonings and stir. Reduce the heat and let the mixture warm for about a minute or so, stirring here and there.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 399 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Preheat broiler, build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. If broiling, place chiles on a rimmed baking sheet. If grilling, put chiles directly on grill grate. Roast, turning occasionally, until tender and nicely charred all over, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer chiles to a large bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes. Peel chiles. Halve lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/4" strips.
- Heat a large dry heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until beginning to char, 6-7 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add oregano and 1 cup water; simmer until onion is tender and water has evaporated, 5-7 minutes.
- Add chiles; cook until flavors meld, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in crème fraiîhe and cheese. Add water by tablespoonfuls if mixture is too dry. Season to taste with salt.
RAJAS CON CREMA, ELOTE, Y QUESO (CREAMY POBLANO PEPPERS AND SWEET CORN)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add poblano peppers. Brush peppers with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Roast poblano peppers in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; flip and continue roasting until skin is charred and flesh is soft, about 20 minutes more.
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let steam for 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap and peel the skins from the peppers and remove seeds and stems. Cut peppers into strips.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook corn kernels until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add poblano pepper strips and corn; season with chicken bouillon granules and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cream and manchego cheese; simmer until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 71.3 mg, Fat 29.1 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 674 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
CHICKEN STRIPS IN CREAMY RAJAS POBLANAS
Skillet-cook chicken strips and roasted poblano chiles in a creamy, garlicky sauce and serve with tortillas to make this easy dish for a dozen.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Blend cream cheese spread, garlic and 2 chiles in blender until smooth. Cut remaining chiles into strips.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add half the chicken; cook and stir 3 min. or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken; cover to keep warm.
- Add onions and chile strips to skillet; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cream cheese sauce; stir. Cover; cook on low heat 13 min. or until chicken is done and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally and topping with shredded cheese for the last 3 min. Serve with tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 18 g
RAJAS POBLANAS CON CREMA
- Grill peppers over fire and place in a plastic bag, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Peel and, if you like, devein the peppers. Cut in to 1/2 inch slices.
- Melt margaringe in cooking pan and add, onions, stir until transparent.
- Add salt, dry instant chicken broth, pepper and poblano pepers and stir frequently fo 15 minute.
- Add sour cream and queso fresco, cook for an additional 5 minute.
- Enjoy with tortillas!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.2, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 4.7, Sodium 103.8, Carbohydrate 13.3, Fiber 5, Sugar 0.6, Protein 3.1
More about "rajas poblanas recipes"
RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.9/5 (29)Servings 6
- Preheat broiler, build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. If broiling, place chiles on a rimmed baking sheet. If grilling, put chiles directly on grill grate. Roast, turning occasionally, until tender and nicely charred all over, 15–20 minutes.
- Transfer chiles to a large bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes. Peel chiles. Halve lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Heat a large dry heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until beginning to char, 6–7 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add oregano and 1 cup water; simmer until onion is tender and water has evaporated, 5–7 minutes.
- Add chiles; cook until flavors meld, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in crème fraîche and cheese. Add water by table-spoonfuls if mixture is too dry. Season to taste with salt.
RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE WITH ROASTED PEPPERS ~ …
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4Total Time 50 mins
TACOS RAJAS POBLANAS - MEXICAN APPETIZERS AND MORE!
RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM - DAISY BRAND
RAJAS - SAUTEéD POBLANO PEPPERS AND ONIONS WITH GARLIC
RAJAS POBLANAS (ROASTED POBLANO CHILE STRIPS) RECIPE
RICK BAYLESSPASTEL AZTECA OF ROASTED POBLANO RAJAS, SALSA VERDE …
RAJAS CON CREMA (POBLANO PEPPER RECIPE) - FOOD NEWS
RAJAS POBLANAS (POBLANO STRIPS) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
RAJAS POBLANAS CON CREMA Y ELOTE (CHARRED POBLANO STRIPS WITH …
RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RAJAS POBLANAS – SOIL BORN FARMS
RAJAS POBLANAS (ROASTED POBLANO STRIPS IN CREAM SAUCE)
RAJAS POBLANAS - PLAIN.RECIPES
RAJAS POBLANAS CON CREMA (CHARRED POBLANO STRIPS WITH CREAM)
RAJAS: CREAMY POBLANO STRIPS WITH POTATOES | MEXICAN PLEASE
RAJAS CON CREMA (POBLANO PEPPER RECIPE) | KEVIN IS COOKING
RAJAS POBLANAS | A MEXICAN COOK
RECIPE OF RAJAS POBLANAS CREMOSAS CON POLLO - MASTERCOOK
RAJAS CON CREMA - AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPE BY - MUY DELISH
RAJAS POBLANAS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
MEXICAN RAJAS POBLANAS, POST HURRICANE - ADáN MEDRANO
DELICIOUS RAJAS CON CREMA - MEXICAN MADE MEATLESS™
RAJAS POBLANAS CRAPES - CHEFMARTINLOPEZ
RAJAS POBLANAS (ROASTED POBLANO STRIPS IN CREAM SAUCE)
PAPAS CON RAJAS TACOS (POTATO WITH ROASTED POBLANO TACOS)
RAJAS DE POBLANO WITH ONION, CREAM, AND CORN RECIPE
RAJAS CON QUESO RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE - UNUSUAL RECIPES - 2022
ELIA HERRERA'S VEGETARIAN TACOS DE RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE
RAJAS POBLANAS - DALLAS NEWS
RAJAS POBLANAS CON QUESO - ADáN MEDRANO
ROASTED POBLANOS IN CREAM SAUCE RAJAS CON CREMA / DOWNLOAD …
RAJAS POBLANAS CON CREMA - CHILEMOLEYMACARONI.COM
RAJAS POBLANAS - ALLMEXRECIPES
RAJAS POBLANAS – RIZO BROTHERS CALIFORNIA CREAMERY
RAJAS POBLANAS | RECIPE | STUFFED PEPPERS, RAJAS POBLANAS RECIPE, …
WHITE RICE AND POBLANO RAJAS CASSEROLE - PATI JINICH
You'll also love