REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY
This chutney has a sweet and sour taste and goes particularly well with samosas and mint raita. Make it at least 2 weeks in advance for enhanced flavor or 1 day before serving.
Provided by Michelle
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put mango into a large bowl. Sprinkle salt over the mango. Pour water over the mango. Let mango soak for 1 hour to overnight.
- Drain and discard liquid from the mango.
- Stir sugar and vinegar together in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Add drained mango to the liquid; stir to coat. Stir raisins, dates, cinnamon sticks, ginger, garlic, and ground dried chile pepper into the mango mixture; bring again to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer mixture until thickened, about 1 hour. Remove from heat to cool completely.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack chutney into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 1.6 mg, Sugar 25.5 g
More about "real indian mango chutney recipes"
BEST INDIAN SWEET MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE (CHUNDA)
Reviews 33Calories 80 per servingCategory Dip
FRESH MANGO & GINGER CHUTNEY RECIPE (WITHOUT NASTY SUGAR ...
4.6/5 (16)Category Recipes For Conscious EatingCuisine Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, HealthyTotal Time 30 mins
MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE - TESCO REAL FOOD
4/5 (27)Category MiscellaneousCuisine IndianTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
SWEET AND SPICY RAW MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 Servings 4Cuisine IndianTotal Time 30 mins
INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory CondimentsCalories 161 per serving
- In a large saucepan, stir the five spices under a medium/high heat to release the flavour for a couple of minutes.
MANGO CHUTNEY (AUTHENTIC AND EASY RECIPE!) - RASA …
4.3/5 (32)Total Time 25 minsCategory Indian RecipesCalories 214 per serving
- Using a piece of thin muslin cloth, tie up all the spices (cinnamon, cloves, cumin, coriander, and cardamom) into a bundle. Cook the mango, spices (in the muslin cloth), water, ginger and garlic until the mango has become mushy, about 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chutney is thickened. Squeeze out the chutney sauce from the muslin cloth and discard it.
MANGO CHUTNEY INDIAN, DELICIOUSLY SPICY - RECIPE52.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory ChutneyCalories 35 per serving
- Place all ingredients in the whole spice list in a pan and dry roast for 30 seconds until fragrant then remove to a plate to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan then add the prepared spice mix, ginger, garlic, salt, black pepper, and nigella seeds. Let it sizzle for 2 seconds then add vinegar and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Then add mango slices.
INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
4.9/5 (70)Category CondimentCuisine IndianCalories 24 per serving
- Heat the oil over medium-high in a medium stock pot. Saute the ginger, garlic and red chilies for a minute. Add the spices and saute for another minute. Add the diced mangoes, sugar, salt, and vinegar and stir to combine. Bring it to a rapid boil and reduce to medium-low. Steady simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow it to cool. If you prefer smaller chunks, use a potato masher to mash the mixture to the desired consistency.
- For storage, chutney will keep for a while because of the high acidity content. A conservative time frame would be up to 2 months in the fridge (in a sealed jar) or for several months in the freezer. Canning Instructions (for even longer shelf-life): Pour the hot mixture directly into sterilized jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Let sit undisturbed for 24 hours, then store in a dark, cool place. Will keep for at least a year.This makes roughly 2 1/2 pints of mango chutney.
EAST INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY/ AAM KA MURABBA/ CHUNDA | THE ...
4.6/5 (14)Category Pickle, Side DishCuisine East Indian, IndianTotal Time 2 hrs 5 mins
INDIAN HOMEMADE MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE | ALL THAT'S JAS
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory CondimentCalories 395 per serving
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat as mixture softens and begins to bubble. Stir often, breaking up the mango chunks with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is thick, leaving just a few intact mango chunks, about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the size of mango chunks.
- Store in a sealed container and either refrigerate for use within 2 weeks, freeze or ladle into jars and process in a boiling water bath and store for up to six months.
- Stand the mango on your cutting board stem end down and hold. Place your knife about 1/4" from the widest center line and cut down through the mango. Flip the mango around and repeat this cut on the other side. What's left is the seed.
12 DELICIOUS HOMEMADE CHUTNEYS | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl HansonEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
CRANBERRY MANGO CHUTNEY I INDIAN STYLE I THANKSGIVING RECIPE
MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE - EASY TO MAKE INDIAN HOT & SWEET AAM ...
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GREEN MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE THERMOMIX - PIONEER WOMAN PILLOWS
SPICY MANGO CHUTNEY INDIAN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY | RECIPESTY
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY - LOVELYWISH.WORLD
MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE, INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY - PLAIN.RECIPES
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY - CRECIPE.COM
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY - PINTEREST.COM
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY - SOOPERCOOKING.COM
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
MANGO TAMARIND CHUTNEY BEST RECIPES - TOTO-RECIPE.COM
REAL INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make mango chutney at home?Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the onion and cook over a medium low heat for 5 mins until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 mins more. Stir through the cumin, chilli (if using) and cloves and cook for a minute. Add the mango, vinegar and sugar. Cook until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat to low.
What kind of spices are used in Indian mango chutney?Indian Mango Chutney. Ginger, garlic and red chilies are sauteed in oil and then cumin, coriander, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom are added to coax out their robust flavors. Fresh mango, sugar and vinegar is added and it is slowly cooked down to a sticky and delicious concoction.
What can you make with mangoes in India?Mango Chutney is an Indian condiment. It's so easy to make and pairs well with curries, chicken, pork, steak or lamb. Made with ripe mangoes and spices. Use as a marinade or spread on bread! Mango chutney is the most traditional of all chutneys.
What's the difference between fresh mango and raw mango chutney?As the raw mango adds such a delicious tart flavor to this otherwise sweet chutney. Hence, it’s also called ‘Raw Mango Chutney’ or ‘Fresh Mango Chutney’. So as soon as I got green mango this time for the chutney, I knew it’s coming here on the blog.